Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The upcoming Movie trailer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldeano5 View Post
    What I take from this trailer is that it is so cringeworthy.

Bad writing, trying for cheap gags, nothing new and original apart from upgrade in cgi and a female cast.

They had a chance to try something new, just a pity that they lost a great opportunity to push an all female cast with having terrible writing and unoriginal jokes.

This one trailer has put me completely off watching this and I watch most films.
    On another irrelevant note, we had to switch our footie field last year, because they were filming ghostbusters on the nearby campus and it was securitied up. Like anyone is going to mob them!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    and another trailer hits the boards for Captain America: Civil War. looking forward to this one. oh and a surprise appearance by someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrVegVI0Us

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    and another trailer hits the boards for Captain America: Civil War. looking forward to this one. oh and a surprise appearance by someone

Was that CGI Spiderman?

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Was that CGI Spiderman?
    nope. its the new kid. it was rumoured he would make an appearance.

Was that CGI Spiderman?
    I can see why you said that, it almost looks like he was lifted directly from the comics.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular

Not a fan of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, The Avengers and all that but how good would it be if you had no idea Spider-Man was in this and you found out as you actually watched the film? Same with the new Batman v Superman trailer showing all the other characters who appear in the film. Not only that but directors and producers basically tell most of the plot in interviews before the film is even released now. Feels like a waste of time watching some of these films because you basically know everything that is going to happen already.

Yehez is online now Rating revolutionary
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UU_CC81aGM

One of my most anticipated films of this year, should be released soon.

Also quite excited for this, which is released today in the UK. Will try and catch it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehez View Post

Also quite excited for this, which is released today in the UK. Will try and catch it this weekend.
    'From the director of Take Shelter' was enough for me. A brilliant, massively underrated film. This one looks good too, and I'm a fan of Michael Shannon, I'll be watching.

Heard great things about 'The Witch', too. I'm generally not a fan of horror films. Most of them are just **** jump scares and cheesy CGI, but when they're done right, they can be brilliant. 'The Witch' looks a less is more type of film, which works well.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Not a fan of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, The Avengers and all that but how good would it be if you had no idea Spider-Man was in this and you found out as you actually watched the film? Same with the new Batman v Superman trailer showing all the other characters who appear in the film. Not only that but directors and producers basically tell most of the plot in interviews before the film is even released now. Feels like a waste of time watching some of these films because you basically know everything that is going to happen already.
    think i'll answer the bats first. i get what your saying and it does seem that way with the introduction of a "baby" doomsday but i have a running theory that doomsday is not the big bad at all. there is still no explanation as to why supes is "angry" in some scenes or how lex already knows that bruce is batman and clarke is superman. i think the big bad is the lead in to the next film.

Captain America. i think most the capt fimls have been great tbh both from a visual aspect and from a storytelling one. this is the area that DC and the studios are missing. the whole point of this one is what is at stake and why the "battle" begins. i can see both sides of the story but im wondering what has not been shown yet. i know how the comic ends but films tend to borrow from a comic arc and do not generally stick to it like glue.

i do get where your coming from and in some cases the trailer is the best parts of the film i seriously think both these are well worth the time and there are a few more coming up across the year to look forward to. tbh 2016 is a fantastic year for comic book films and some sequels as well as newbies to film.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehez View Post

good shout that mate, midnight does seem as though it could be a surprise success. i like shannon a very good actor that has surprising presence regardless of the role he takes. think i just might give this one a peek.

think i'll answer the bats first. i get what your saying and it does seem that way with the introduction of a "baby" doomsday but i have a running theory that doomsday is not the big bad at all. there is still no explanation as to why supes is "angry" in some scenes or how lex already knows that bruce is batman and clarke is superman. i think the big bad is the lead in to the next film.

Captain America. i think most the capt fimls have been great tbh both from a visual aspect and from a storytelling one. this is the area that DC and the studios are missing. the whole point of this one is what is at stake and why the "battle" begins. i can see both sides of the story but im wondering what has not been shown yet. i know how the comic ends but films tend to borrow from a comic arc and do not generally stick to it like glue.

i do get where your coming from and in some cases the trailer is the best parts of the film i seriously think both these are well worth the time and there are a few more coming up across the year to look forward to. tbh 2016 is a fantastic year for comic book films and some sequels as well as newbies to film.
    I'd rather find out Doomsday and Wonder Woman are in the film from actually watching it, it would be a nice little suprise. I just think it's pointless revealing so much months before the film is even released.

I'm just not a fan of that family friendly comic book movie style, but again it would be a nice little surprise to see Spider-Man show up during the film, rather than sit there waiting for it. I've read them talk about big characters die and stuff, too. Why do they need to say all this? Just let people watch the film.

good shout that mate, midnight does seem as though it could be a surprise success. i like shannon a very good actor that has surprising presence regardless of the role he takes. think i just might give this one a peek.
    Have you seen 'Take Shelter'? He's in that too, and it's very good.

Have you seen 'Take Shelter'? He's in that too, and it's very good.
    no not seen that one. lsat one i saw from him (excluding supes ) was "The Iceman" i think. played an assassin. damn good.

I'd rather find out Doomsday and Wonder Woman are in the film from actually watching it, it would be a nice little suprise. I just think it's pointless revealing so much months before the film is even released.

I'm just not a fan of that family friendly comic book movie style, but again it would be a nice little surprise to see Spider-Man show up during the film, rather than sit there waiting for it. I've read them talk about big characters die and stuff, too. Why do they need to say all this? Just let people watch the film.
    half the problem on these though is they are from old comic book arcs and many already know what happens - the films may differ slightly in some respects -hence the chatter about some aspects of it. think this is bad wait till infinity wars comes out

i agree about doomsday it would have been a nice surprise, but it is only the baby doomsday tbh im actually excited to see how they portray the characters, specially wonder woman, and so far from the clips im very hopeful this will be a good film.

i do agree there is something wonderful about going into a film blind and just watching the scenes evolve on screen to tell the story. i guess in someways thats the nearest we ever get to a "book" on screen as imo thats where the enjoyment is, letting the imagination run wild.

just caught up with an international trailer for batman v superman - looks like i was right and the trailers do not depict the whole film as some thought when they saw doomsday turn up. this could well be a fun film after all.

just caught up with an international trailer for batman v superman - looks like i was right and the trailers do not depict the whole film as some thought when they saw doomsday turn up. this could well be a fun film after all.
    I think its the opposite. They've realized they gave away too much and now are trying to pretend like there is more to this film.

Anyone hear any more about the Mass Effect film/series that was being developed? Heard WB are in on it with legendary but news is minimal. Would be just awesome!

Never got into Halo so get a little annoyed that that keeps getting developed while ME is taking forever!

Anyone who has never played - prob best game (RPG) out there.

I think its the opposite. They've realized they gave away too much and now are trying to pretend like there is more to this film.
    not at all. i always thought that there would be something to force the justice league to form and a single scene i saw now confirms that. it might very well explain why superman looked so angry in some clips as well as bowing/kneeling before luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Anyone hear any more about the Mass Effect film/series that was being developed? Heard WB are in on it with legendary but news is minimal. Would be just awesome!

Never got into Halo so get a little annoyed that that keeps getting developed while ME is taking forever!

Anyone who has never played - prob best game (RPG) out there.
    not heard anything yet but these things tend to take time. hell, its been years but finally warcraft has been made and if done well could very well be a massive success this summer.

if i do come across anything i'll post it.

not at all. i always thought that there would be something to force the justice league to form and a single scene i saw now confirms that. it might very well explain why superman looked so angry in some clips as well as bowing/kneeling before luthor.
    I would be very very surprised if there was a lot more to this film.

I would be very very surprised if there was a lot more to this film.
    fair enough. so how do you see the film turning out - plot wise from the trailers already out.

not heard anything yet but these things tend to take time. hell, its been years but finally warcraft has been made and if done well could very well be a massive success this summer.

if i do come across anything i'll post it.
    Cheers mate, I know you are a fan of DC and Marvel stuff that is getting everywhere but I would just like to carve out a little space for my Mass Effect!

Yes...seeing it written down it does sound like an double entendre

fair enough. so how do you see the film turning out - plot wise from the trailers already out.
    From what I read, Affleck is rewriting parts of the script.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Cheers mate, I know you are a fan of DC and Marvel stuff that is getting everywhere but I would just like to carve out a little space for my Mass Effect!

Yes...seeing it written down it does sound like an double entendre
    i never did get round to playing that game - and now mass effect: andromeda is on its way.

game to film uptakes scare the hell out of me as invariably film makers rarely understand the source material - just like comics - hence we get so many bad ones. uwe bole you have a lot to answer for. (dungeon siege)

im hoping that duncan edwards has gotten it right with warcraft (WoW) and it appears he understands the source material and gone right back to the 90's for the storyline. i have high hopes.

depending on how this turns out might well benefit ME and kick start the studios with taking another step if they can see a favorable market.$$$$$

From what I read, Affleck is rewriting parts of the script.
    well he is a writer / director and i know he is also a batman fan. from what i have seen i would say he has nailed it - finally - and the rasping of christian bale can finally be consigned to a hidden vault.

it doesn't answer the question i posed though

well he is a writer / director and i know he is also a batman fan. from what i have seen i would say he has nailed it - finally - and the rasping of christian bale can finally be consigned to a hidden vault.

it doesn't answer the question i posed though
    I don't expect much to change. Really. I expect we see a little cat and mouse from Diana Prince and Bruce. Tension between Clark and Bruce. Luther a manipulator. Lois being the first one to discover Luther and his plot. Superman and Batman going at it. Doomsday arriving, Wonder Woman showing up, they start it off, and hopefully Aquaman staying as far away as *********** possible.

I don't expect much to change. Really. I expect we see a little cat and mouse from Diana Prince and Bruce. Tension between Clark and Bruce. Luther a manipulator. Lois being the first one to discover Luther and his plot. Superman and Batman going at it. Doomsday arriving, Wonder Woman showing up, they start it off, and hopefully Aquaman staying as far away as *********** possible.
    so miss the nuences then. why is superman bowing to luthor. how does luthor already know that bruce is batman and clark is superman. what are those flying things in the desert. why does superman look angry.

there are a lot of questions there and i think many of them besides being from a manipulative luthor are more than likely due to something / someone else not shown yet. (i surmised if from the first trailer and nothing since has changed my mind) doomsday is not the villain of the piece or the big bad.

so miss the nuences then. why is superman bowing to luthor. how does luthor already know that bruce is batman and clark is superman. what are those flying things in the desert. why does superman look angry.

there are a lot of questions there and i think many of them besides being from a manipulative luthor are more than likely due to something / someone else not shown yet. (i surmised if from the first trailer and nothing since has changed my mind) doomsday is not the villain of the piece or the big bad.
    We will know shortly, one way or another.

Why hasn't Batman made a suit of kryptonite. Suppose it would make a short film

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Why hasn't Batman made a suit of kryptonite. Suppose it would make a short film
    in the comics that was what luthor ultimately made. so far in this reality there is no "krytonite" so im expecting this to be where zods body comes in, to genetically engineer something to compromise superman (or a whisper from someone else)