Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The upcoming Movie trailer thread

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byb2eJ_lLes

Edgar Wright's latest, Baby Driver. Looks like it could be decent.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Actually really looking forward to Ghost in the shell now too. CGI done right.
    Gives me a warm feeling every time I see the trailer (pretty much every time it comes across my twitter feed).

Only issue I have so far (trailer only of course) is that the iconic fight in the water look nowhere near as good as the anime. Still, that's a very minor early gripe.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Yeah, looks a real CGI cluster****. I don't even think the CGI looks that good, Cyborg looks awful.
    Its impossible to judge CGI off trailers. Filming has finished so they will spend the next 9 months only really doing CGI work. There are quite a few examples on youtube comparing trailers to final films and show how much stuff changes.

Not saying its going to be a good film, mind, just that a deliberately hectic, fast cut trailer 9 months out from release will have no bearing on how the final film looks.

Cyborg will need a lot of work, however.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    Its impossible to judge CGI off trailers. Filming has finished so they will spend the next 9 months only really doing CGI work. There are quite a few examples on youtube comparing trailers to final films and show how much stuff changes.

Not saying its going to be a good film, mind, just that a deliberately hectic, fast cut trailer 9 months out from release will have no bearing on how the final film looks.

Cyborg will need a lot of work, however.
    Same thing was said of Doomsday in the BvS, and that didn't turn out too well. Looks far too much of it too, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Gives me a warm feeling every time I see the trailer (pretty much every time it comes across my twitter feed).

Only issue I have so far (trailer only of course) is that the iconic fight in the water look nowhere near as good as the anime. Still, that's a very minor early gripe.
    Just read the YouTube comments, all the anime fans are saying how awful it is and destroying every little part of the trailer. Sad, really.

Luckily, I've never seen it, and it just looks a very good film to me

Just read the YouTube comments, all the anime fans are saying how awful it is and destroying every little part of the trailer. Sad, really.

I've seen the same but I don't buy into the same nit-picking. Everything from "white-washing" to killing the spirit of the original score. They need to just get a life and see what the film is like when it lands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTECkLZ8HM

New Spider-Man trailer, for the nerds. Meh, just looks like every other Spider-Man film to me (There is ALWAYS a scene of him holding something together with his webs, isn't there?). Also, I actually despise Robert Downey Jr, so seeing him in this so much puts me off immediately. Looks like he's in it as much as Spidey.

I've seen the same but I don't buy into the same nit-picking. Everything from "white-washing" to killing the spirit of the original score. They need to just get a life and see what the film is like when it lands.
    Scarlett Johansson shows too much facial expression!

I do think no matter how perfect and close to the anime they made it, the same fans would always find something to criticise. It's almost as if to prove how much of a superfan they are of the original, they'll criticise every single little thing about the film.

Scarlett Johansson shows too much facial expression!

I do think no matter how perfect and close to the anime they made it, the same fans would always find something to criticise. It's almost as if to prove how much of a superfan they are of the original, they'll criticise every single little thing about the film.
    I just don't get it tbh, they cant recreate to the finest detail the anime in a live action setting so why the whinge? I'm probably as big a fan boy as most of them but you still have to be realistic FFS. I'll be waiting for the film to drop before I make any assessment.

Its has a massive anime following and those nerds can be the worst when it comes to criticism, im with you, I think it looks pretty decent, although I am a sucker for special effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

Seems Marvel have decided to try to make another Guardians of the Galaxy movie with this one.

Terrible choice in music too.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Latest offering from Marvel. Thor: Ragnarok. looks awsome, as does Cate Blanchett as Hela.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F1epIzP7KI

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    Latest offering from Marvel. Thor: Ragnarok. looks awsome, as does Cate Blanchett as Hela.

Oh yeah! Good use of music as well, something Marvel films seem to be quite good at these days.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

Seems Marvel have decided to try to make another Guardians of the Galaxy movie with this one.

Terrible choice in music too.
    All a matter of perspective.

I think Marvel may have finally nailed a Thor flick.

Of course with the help of the jolly green giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byb2eJ_lLes

Edgar Wright's latest, Baby Driver. Looks like it could be decent.
    This looks like it should have had a young Cage playing baby.

Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    All a matter of perspective.

I think Marvel may have finally nailed a Thor flick.

Of course with the help of the jolly green giant
    I'm sure it will be great. It just looks like the trailer is riding on the back of Guardians in tone.

The music is very DC too, which immediately put me off. Normally I love marvel trailers. This is the first I've thought didnt work for me at all.

Oh yeah! Good use of music as well, something Marvel films seem to be quite good at these days.
    See, I think the opposite. The music completely took me out of the trailer.

See, I think the opposite. The music completely took me out of the trailer.
    Really? I am a huge fan though so it had the hairs standing up on the back of my neck straight away.

I'm sure it will be great. It just looks like the trailer is riding on the back of Guardians in tone.

The music is very DC too, which immediately put me off. Normally I love marvel trailers. This is the first I've thought didnt work for me at all.
    I think rumours are that this movie will draw the Gardians of the Galaxy group to the Avengers so I get the tone but hope they have a convincing premise for having the Hulk there. I love planet Hulk too (which this looks to draw some inspiration from) so I'm well up for this.

It does look fun as a standalone movie, but I totally don't get what is happening with the wider brand? The tone is completely different. Whats up with all the 80s Tron graphics? And the storyline reminds me of an episode of Rick & Morty I watched yesterday with some giant heads in the sky hosting an inter-planetary music competition.

Very odd.

I think rumours are that this movie will draw the Gardians of the Galaxy group to the Avengers so I get the tone but hope they have a convincing premise for having the Hulk there. I love planet Hulk too (which this looks to draw some inspiration from) so I'm well up for this.
    I guess that would at least explain the tone and graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    It does look fun as a standalone movie, but I totally don't get what is happening with the wider brand? The tone is completely different. Whats up with all the 80s Tron graphics? And the storyline reminds me of an episode of Rick & Morty I watched yesterday with some giant heads in the sky hosting an inter-planetary music competition.

Very odd.

I guess that would at least explain the tone and graphics.
    Haha, my missus has just got me into Rick and Morty, its my new favourite thing on TV.

indeed it will as ultimately its part of the upcoming infinity wars saga. as for the hulk then i guess some creative writing will be needed as i doubt it will follow the comics too much - then again, Banner/Hulk did go missing in a quin jet at the end of Age of Ultron. question is though was it by accident or design - if design then its close to the comics storyline...

Haha, my missus has just got me into Rick and Morty, its my new favourite thing on TV.
    Just got into that funnily enough, it's like Hitchhikers Guide meets Mr Ben meets Archer.....or something.

Funny either way

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Just got into that funnily enough, it's like Hitchhikers Guide meets Mr Ben meets Archer.....or something.

Funny either way
    I was just totally baffled at first but it really hit the spot.

indeed it will as ultimately its part of the upcoming infinity wars saga. as for the hulk then i guess some creative writing will be needed as i doubt it will follow the comics too much - then again, Banner/Hulk did go missing in a quin jet at the end of Age of Ultron. question is though was it by accident or design - if design then its close to the comics storyline...
    Dr Strange had a little cameo indicating his involvement, he would be a good conduit to get Hulk to where he needs to be....and would stick with the "by design" part of the comic....maybe.

Dr Strange had a little cameo indicating his involvement, he would be a good conduit to get Hulk to where he needs to be....and would stick with the "by design" part of the comic....maybe.
    he would be - IF it had happened after he became the Sorcerer Supreme nah, my money is on the quin jet. remember the crap Banner/Hulk left behind after he went mental during Age of Ultron - how do you solve that sort of issue - remove it. (from Earth) after that wormholes can do funny things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTECkLZ8HM

New Spider-Man trailer, for the nerds. Meh, just looks like every other Spider-Man film to me (There is ALWAYS a scene of him holding something together with his webs, isn't there?). Also, I actually despise Robert Downey Jr, so seeing him in this so much puts me off immediately. Looks like he's in it as much as Spidey.
    How many spidermans do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    How many spidermans do we need?
    Depends how many radioactive spiders there are in the world.

Depends how many radioactive spiders there are in the world.
    I think my real beef is with the *********** green goblin. I mean seriously? Thats the big arch enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    I think my real beef is with the *********** green goblin. I mean seriously? Thats the big arch enemy?
    In the new one it is the Vulture.