Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 840 of 923

Thread: The upcoming Movie trailer thread

  1. #811  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Yep, it dawned on me that mid way through the film...they have to die and die they did

    Liked that about the film, made it far more realistic, I hate it when they somehow find a dodgy way out of it all
    agree mate, didn't pull any punches in that respect and personally think it added to the overall story quite well - hate maguffin reset [buttons.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #812  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Yep, I've lost count of how many times I've watched it, like most fans. I fully expected that Disney might have some kind of out tbh given that its Disney. Full respect to them for doing it the right way.

    I've got to say, I wasn't impressed with Rogue 1 when I watched it first and was loath to watch it again. Luckily I got passed the first impressions and I quite like it now. Especially good with a few beers, kids and wife out and the volume turned up.
    i think its the expectation all around. if ever a film or story is like WOW!!! how on earth do you follow that? most times the buzz is gone and criticism abounds. for me i look at eadh one as a self contained story and only take note of how it fits within a story rc (assuming there is one) sequels have got to be really bad for me to not like them - having said that Prometheus is high on the list
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #813  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    52,172
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    that had to happen, it was mentioned way back in 76, "a lot of people died for these plans" said Mon Mothmma as they discussed the attack on the Death Star. tion. ... ring a bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Yep, it dawned on me that mid way through the film...they have to die and die they did

    Liked that about the film, made it far more realistic, I hate it when they somehow find a dodgy way out of it all
    Not to out nerd you both but that was in Jedi. Those comments were about the second death star, which is why you didnt see any Bothans die in Rogue One. Rogue One is about getting the plans for the original Death Star, so there ending for certain characters could have been very different.

    Now Kal is dying on the inside for not realising this sooner.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #814  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    43,879
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Not to out nerd you both but that was in Jedi. Those comments were about the second death star, which is why you didnt see any Bothans die in Rogue One. Rogue One is about getting the plans for the original Death Star, so there ending for certain characters could have been very different.

    Now Kal is dying on the inside for not realising this sooner.
    You've just gone up ten fold in my estimation
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #815  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,623
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Not to out nerd you both but that was in Jedi. Those comments were about the second death star, which is why you didnt see any Bothans die in Rogue One. Rogue One is about getting the plans for the original Death Star, so there ending for certain characters could have been very different.

    Now Kal is dying on the inside for not realising this sooner.
    Daaaamn!

    As many times as I've watched the original trilogy, even I didn't pick that up. I feel embarrassed now.

    TBH I've not watched it in ages (waiting for the kids to get a bit older to get them into it).
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #816  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Daaaamn!

    As many times as I've watched the original trilogy, even I didn't pick that up. I feel embarrassed now.

    TBH I've not watched it in ages (waiting for the kids to get a bit older to get them into it).
    memory is like that, gets foggy with age.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #817  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Daaaamn!

    As many times as I've watched the original trilogy, even I didn't pick that up. I feel embarrassed now.

    TBH I've not watched it in ages (waiting for the kids to get a bit older to get them into it).
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    memory is like that, gets foggy with age.
    Shame!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #818  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    52,172
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    memory is like that, gets foggy with age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Daaaamn!

    As many times as I've watched the original trilogy, even I didn't pick that up. I feel embarrassed now.

    TBH I've not watched it in ages (waiting for the kids to get a bit older to get them into it).
    So you probably watched the movie with an entirely different perspective?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #819  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    New Trailer for Blade Runner 2049: damn it looks visually impressive and keeping with the look of the original. just hope the story is as good, fingers crossed.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #820  
    shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    42,871
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    New Trailer for Blade Runner 2049: damn it looks visually impressive and keeping with the look of the original. just hope the story is as good, fingers crossed.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4
    Looks fantastic. If it can capture the feel of the original then it will be quite awesome.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #821  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    Quote Originally Posted by shody1976 View Post
    Looks fantastic. If it can capture the feel of the original then it will be quite awesome.
    agree, its been a long time coming, i hop-e they do the original one justice... from the trailer why do i get the feeling they are going to use "the blade runner" is a replicant story line.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #822  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    For the Murder / Mystery / Drama crew. this looks like it could be a decent little film. The Limehouse Golem.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCJp8-MebGY
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #823  
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,328
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    New Trailer for Blade Runner 2049: damn it looks visually impressive and keeping with the look of the original. just hope the story is as good, fingers crossed.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4
    I wonder if they will finally tell us that Decker is a replicant ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #824  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,110
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #825  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty road View Post
    I wonder if they will finally tell us that Decker is a replicant ?
    So how'd he get old? Scott's Final Cut implies that, but the writer did'nt write him as one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #826  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,623
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty road View Post
    I wonder if they will finally tell us that Decker is a replicant ?
    I liked the fact that the question was interpreted differently by different people. I'd rather not know!
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #827  
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14,299
    Quote Originally Posted by shody1976 View Post
    Looks fantastic. If it can capture the feel of the original then it will be quite awesome.
    There's no director I have more faith in to carry the original theme while moving the story forward than Villeneuve. Simply the best of this generation by quite a distance.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #828  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    this is looking awesome and hopefully a fitting end to what i think has been a very good reboot/imagining of the Planet of The Apes films.

    War for The Planet of The Apes. Final Trailer.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxjPjPzQ1iU

    edit: another interesting titbit. it seems another actor has jumped ship on the proposed Flash film.. goes from bad to worse for the DCEU
    Last edited by lonewolf kal; 17-5-17 at 20:20.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #829  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    43,879
    So Tom Hardy is gonna play Venom.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #830  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    So Tom Hardy is gonna play Venom.
    so it seems - not too sure if that is a good idea, for a film.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #831  
    shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    42,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    So Tom Hardy is gonna play Venom.
    Is this going to be a Marvel studios film, of a Sony film?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #832  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    Quote Originally Posted by shody1976 View Post
    Is this going to be a Marvel studios film, of a Sony film?
    it seems its a Sony movie.. think they are going to test the waters after the success of spiderman homecoming; they already have it slated for an oct 2018 release
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #833  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,623
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    this is looking awesome and hopefully a fitting end to what i think has been a very good reboot/imagining of the Planet of The Apes films.

    War for The Planet of The Apes. Final Trailer.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxjPjPzQ1iU

    edit: another interesting titbit. it seems another actor has jumped ship on the proposed Flash film.. goes from bad to worse for the DCEU
    Seconded. This has been a thoroughly entertaining re-imagining

    On DC, I don't know how long they can keep throwing money at these, lets be frank, barrel scrapping excuses for entertainment. I feel they have to junk the whole process and start from scratch or just stop altogether. Not one of the latest crop has been above a 5 IMO (after re-watching a few of them) whereas the MCU seem to go from strength to strength. Even Marvel films outside of the MCU are finding their range with a couple of great recent turnouts by Logan and Deadpool.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #834  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Seconded. This has been a thoroughly entertaining re-imagining

    On DC, I don't know how long they can keep throwing money at these, lets be frank, barrel scrapping excuses for entertainment. I feel they have to junk the whole process and start from scratch or just stop altogether. Not one of the latest crop has been above a 5 IMO (after re-watching a few of them) whereas the MCU seem to go from strength to strength. Even Marvel films outside of the MCU are finding their range with a couple of great recent turnouts by Logan and Deadpool.
    totally agree mate, though logan was by far one of the best x-men films i've seen for quite awhile and shows what can be done once a studio keeps thier nose out of things. i get that some oversight is required but think way too many worry about things that have no right impacting a film being made.

    latest rumours i have a bad vibe regarding justice league and flash more so than any, can't keep a director at all as is the way with the batman film.. big issues. on the good side, hearing good things regarding wonder woman... watch this space.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #835  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,623
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    totally agree mate, though logan was by far one of the best x-men films i've seen for quite awhile and shows what can be done once a studio keeps thier nose out of things. i get that some oversight is required but think way too many worry about things that have no right impacting a film being made.

    latest rumours i have a bad vibe regarding justice league and flash more so than any, can't keep a director at all as is the way with the batman film.. big issues. on the good side, hearing good things regarding wonder woman... watch this space.
    You can but hope.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #836  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    67,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    You can but hope.
    yup, and in other news there be something stirring over at Universal - today released a new logo, check it out.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCm2PX5Iz00
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #837  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,525
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    yup, and in other news there be something stirring over at Universal - today released a new logo, check it out.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCm2PX5Iz00
    Kal, I loved those films from the Golden Era of Hollywood.

    To think we may get remakes just gave me chills.

    Bring it on brother - Marvel, DC and now the originals, Universal.

    Yeah baby.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #838  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,623
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    yup, and in other news there be something stirring over at Universal - today released a new logo, check it out.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCm2PX5Iz00
    Ooooo, I'm excited now. They better not mess this up, this is my childhood they are messing with!

    A bit more info.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_U...rsal_Monsters)
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #839  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,949
    It is being released in September, I love the book, its an incredible story which the original film, while having a humble attempt at it, just couldn't do it justice

    I'm not sure it works fully in film such is the detail and depth of the actual story, but here is the trailer which does look good:

    https://youtu.be/7no56Zw1e20
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #840  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,949
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Not to out nerd you both but that was in Jedi. Those comments were about the second death star, which is why you didnt see any Bothans die in Rogue One. Rogue One is about getting the plans for the original Death Star, so there ending for certain characters could have been very different.

    Now Kal is dying on the inside for not realising this sooner.
    Ahhh, that does offer a different perspective entirely......any excuse for me to watch it again really and I'm happy
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •