Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
Results 961 to 990 of 993

Thread: The upcoming Movie trailer thread

  1. #961  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    And now I'm compelled to watch the Force Awakens again.

    Literally says "Luke Skywalker, the last Jedi" in the opening crawl. Never noticed that before, ha.
    I realized that on the second viewing of TFA.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #962  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Qui Gon only learned enough to come back as a voice. Only on very force sensitive worlds with a conduit through which the force could run was he able to appear like a Force Ghost.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezsql8m5Cvk
    what the actual *****.

    I don't know what any of that means.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #963  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    what the actual *****.

    I don't know what any of that means.
    You aren't a nerd, that's the problem.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #964  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    You aren't a nerd, that's the problem.
    That's never been a problem.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #965  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    That's never been a problem.
    I feel for you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #966  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    16,233
    If snoke is a whill, who believed in the balance between the dark and light side. It could make an interesting plot
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #967  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,766
    Is Captain Phasma a girl?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #968  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Is Captain Phasma a girl?
    Yes.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #969  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Yes.
    Ha! I told the kiddo that and he didn't believe. Then I got really nervous I was wrong, because I've really been dunking on him for his mistake. damn, that was close.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #970  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    If snoke is a whill, who believed in the balance between the dark and light side. It could make an interesting plot
    Yes, it would be a very interesting plot. He certainly isn't like the Sith, he values certain aspects of beauty and riches which we don't see with the Sith. Everything points to him being very powerful with the force.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #971  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    16,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Yes, it would be a very interesting plot. He certainly isn't like the Sith, he values certain aspects of beauty and riches which we don't see with the Sith. Everything points to him being very powerful with the force.
    To make it work he needs a enforcer of the dark side, and an enforcer of the light side.
    it would make the entire schism of the jedi and sith meaningless and meaningful(the sith as an reaction to the jedi embracing one side of the force, being against the nature of the force).
    But then you have holywood. In holywood the light always wins.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #972  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,766
    who is snoke?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #973  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    To make it work he needs a enforcer of the dark side, and an enforcer of the light side.
    it would make the entire schism of the jedi and sith meaningless and meaningful(the sith as an reaction to the jedi embracing one side of the force, being against the nature of the force).
    But then you have holywood. In holywood the light always wins.
    Well if you have seen some of the posters that have been released, there is a light side Luke and a Dark side Luke as well. It probably hints that Luke is definitely not a prototypical Jedi at all, but someone who lets all aspects of the force encompass him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #974  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,696
    Now I’m understanding where The Big Bang Theory grabs some of its material.

    Great stuff lads, do continue
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #975  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    54,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Well if you have seen some of the posters that have been released, there is a light side Luke and a Dark side Luke as well. It probably hints that Luke is definitely not a prototypical Jedi at all, but someone who lets all aspects of the force encompass him.
    I like how they have Luke overshadowing everyone in the background of the poster. I think virtually all the official posters have an the antagonist in the background overlooking all the characters. It's even another red herring or Luke is really set to rip everything up.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #976  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I like how they have Luke overshadowing everyone in the background of the poster. I think virtually all the official posters have an the antagonist in the background overlooking all the characters. It's even another red herring or Luke is really set to rip everything up.
    I hope its the latter. Just like we all were waiting for that perfect Vader moment which we got in Rogue One, we are waiting on a real Luke moment as well. Something that demonstrates his awesome power.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #977  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    54,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I hope its the latter. Just like we all were waiting for that perfect Vader moment which we got in Rogue One, we are waiting on a real Luke moment as well. Something that demonstrates his awesome power.
    They need to do something different. On one hand, I would love to see Luke become the antagonist. And remain that way. It doesnt need another redemption story where he turns and turns back again. But then on the other hand, it's Luke. What else is he going to be other than be the hero that kicks everyones ass.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #978  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    They need to do something different. On one hand, I would love to see Luke become the antagonist. And remain that way. It doesnt need another redemption story where he turns and turns back again. But then on the other hand, it's Luke. What else is he going to be other than be the hero that kicks everyones ass.
    Its one that could anger audiences if they expect Luke to be Luke, but a part of me wants some freshness. Redemption was the first trilogy, it shouldn't be the theme in this one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #979  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    54,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Its one that could anger audiences if they expect Luke to be Luke, but a part of me wants some freshness. Redemption was the first trilogy, it shouldn't be the theme in this one.
    The whole Skywalker saga has been about conflict with the dark side and redemption. They need to tell a different story. That's another reason why the departure from this story with Rogue One was so good. It was refreshing to see the force from a different perspective. I hope they move away from the the force being two contrasting sides. They have a clean slate, with only limited sources fans can cite as cannon now. They have the opportunity to show that what we thought about the force from the earlier movies was wrong. Like there is no light or dark side, or that Luke has learned or believes that it's ok to use that fear and anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #980  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    The whole Skywalker saga has been about conflict with the dark side and redemption. They need to tell a different story. That's another reason why the departure from this story with Rogue One was so good. It was refreshing to see the force from a different perspective. I hope they move away from the the force being two contrasting sides. They have a clean slate, with only limited sources fans can cite as cannon now. They have the opportunity to show that what we thought about the force from the earlier movies was wrong. Like there is no light or dark side, or that Luke has learned or believes that it's ok to use that fear and anger.
    My gut tells me that this will be the case, but somewhere along the way redemption is part of this overall story arc. One of the things I didn't like in TFA was Kylo after he removed the mask. Prior to the mask removal I liked him, was intrigued by him. What I'm hoping for is a further descent into the darkness, more villainous behavior that progressively gets more sadistic.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #981  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,074
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    The whole Skywalker saga has been about conflict with the dark side and redemption. They need to tell a different story. That's another reason why the departure from this story with Rogue One was so good. It was refreshing to see the force from a different perspective. I hope they move away from the the force being two contrasting sides. They have a clean slate, with only limited sources fans can cite as cannon now. They have the opportunity to show that what we thought about the force from the earlier movies was wrong. Like there is no light or dark side, or that Luke has learned or believes that it's ok to use that fear and anger.
    The Jedi constantly talk about balance but act in direct opposition to balance by fighting the sith. I think that is what Luke has realised and moved himself to the centre and away from conflict very much like Bendu in Rebels. It would be interesting, if this is the case, how they maintain balance without joining a side and how they develop (do they learn light and dark side principals, or is it something new). If he is acting in balance will he do what Bendu did and keep out of it but look to train Rey to act in his stead. There was some indication that Rey or Kylo change sides will they be Lukes first padawans in this new force balance group?

    It might end up being a story about the Dark and Light sides taking exception to Lukes group of Force users considering their aim would be to recruit from both groups. I doubt any other group would be happy to lose their greatest allies to the group either.

    I'm excited anyway.

    Sorry, rambled a bit away from your point there.

    BTW - If anyone is wanting to geek out a bit more, there are some fantastic pages on Wookiepedia that go into a lot more depth into the Star Wars universe.
    Last edited by Eloader; 13-10-17 at 11:15.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #982  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    The Jedi constantly talk about balance but act in direct opposition to balance by fighting the sith. I think that is what Luke has realised and moved himself to the centre and away from conflict very much like Bendu in Rebels. It would be interesting, if this is the case, how they maintain balance without joining a side and how they develop (do they learn light and dark side principals, or is it something new). If he is acting in balance will he do what Bendu did and keep out of it but look to train Rey to act in his stead. There was some indication that Rey or Kylo change sides will they be Lukes first padawans in this new force balance group?

    It might end up being a story about the Dark and Light sides taking exception to Lukes group of Force users considering their aim would be to recruit from both groups. I doubt any other group would be happy to lose their greatest allies to the group either.

    I'm excited anyway.

    Sorry, rambled a bit away from your point there.

    BTW - If anyone is wanting to geek out a bit more, there are some fantastic pages on Wookiepedia that go into a lot more depth into the Star Wars universe.
    You can also follow Stupendous Wave, and Star Wars Theory on Youtube. Great channels.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #983  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    I'm sure Luke is in the Light, but unafraid to use the power of the dark side. I never understood why if you fell to the dark side you were forever corrupted. That made little sense to me. Just because you fight with anger doesn't mean you become power hungry.

    It wasn't the dark side that corrupted Sheev Palpatine, he was a psycho from his youth and the dark side made most sense for him due to his proclivities. He was never going to be changed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #984  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    54,117
    I want them to move away from the idea of there being a light and dark side of the force. That what a Jedi or sith was taught was just wrong. That there is no such thing as balance. No such thing as one or the other. Just the power of the force, and your ability to harness it. I'm just bored with that conflict. We're going to have 8 or 9 movies of it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #985  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I want them to move away from the idea of there being a light and dark side of the force. That what a Jedi or sith was taught was just wrong. That there is no such thing as balance. No such thing as one or the other. Just the power of the force, and your ability to harness it. I'm just bored with that conflict. We're going to have 8 or 9 movies of it.
    I think they will. At least the teaser trailer suggested it when Rey said, "A balance", "its so much bigger".
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #986  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    54,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I think they will. At least the teaser trailer suggested it when Rey said, "A balance", "its so much bigger".
    That's true. I'd forgotten about the first trailer. Having watched that again, it gives the perspective that the Jedi as we know it, the Jedi order and how Luke viewed and was taught the force, has to end. That he really is and will be the last Jedi because he has become something else. That will tie in well with Snoke if we accept that he isn't Sith but something new and more powerful. I like that idea, and I really like the idea that everything we previously thought we knew about Jedi and the force was wrong too.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #987  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    That's true. I'd forgotten about the first trailer. Having watched that again, it gives the perspective that the Jedi as we know it, the Jedi order and how Luke viewed and was taught the force, has to end. That he really is and will be the last Jedi because he has become something else. That will tie in well with Snoke if we accept that he isn't Sith but something new and more powerful. I like that idea, and I really like the idea that everything we previously thought we knew about Jedi and the force was wrong too.
    BTW when I saw that Teaser in the Cinema it was *********** glorious. Just the audio had my hair standing at attention.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #988  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    You can also follow Stupendous Wave, and Star Wars Theory on Youtube. Great channels.
    Cheers for that. I love channels like this.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #989  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Cheers for that. I love channels like this.
    They are excellent channels. Love their content.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #990  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    69,748
    Black Panther. looking good.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •