Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: The upcoming Movie trailer thread

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    It is being released in September, I love the book, its an incredible story which the original film, while having a humble attempt at it, just couldn't do it justice

I'm not sure it works fully in film such is the detail and depth of the actual story, but here is the trailer which does look good:

https://youtu.be/7no56Zw1e20
    It does look good, but I just can't get past the casting choice for Pennywise. For me, Tim Curry was the only good thing about the original, and I feel a similar aged actor would have been better for this version too. He looks too young, for me.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    Kal, I loved those films from the Golden Era of Hollywood.

To think we may get remakes just gave me chills.

Bring it on brother - Marvel, DC and now the originals, Universal.

Yeah baby.
    one is due oiut shortly, the Mummy with tom cruise, russel crow - it looks good. fair play to universal if they can pull it off. and yup, i grew up watcing all the old b/w films and remember them fondly and there was a type of order to them.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    It does look good, but I just can't get past the casting choice for Pennywise. For me, Tim Curry was the only good thing about the original, and I feel a similar aged actor would have been better for this version too. He looks too young, for me.
    Yes I'm a little worried about that and its what type of voice he has for the part too which is all important

If he's a teenager running around in make up squeaking there will be trouble

I love the story, think its my favourite book I've read really so I'm nervous about this film in a sense.

Also it should be two films really considering the depth of the story which was went wrong in part in the original with Curry, not sure if that will be case this time around?

It Comes At Night

Can't wait to see this

this seems a slightly strange film, title certainly is. Numb at the Edge of the World:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKgroygFaeA

Yes I'm a little worried about that and its what type of voice he has for the part too which is all important

If he's a teenager running around in make up squeaking there will be trouble

I love the story, think its my favourite book I've read really so I'm nervous about this film in a sense.

Also it should be two films really considering the depth of the story which was went wrong in part in the original with Curry, not sure if that will be case this time around?
    I'll give it a go as the trailers have been good, and it's written by the guy who wrote True Detective's first season, but I am worried about the Pennywise casting. Original was two parts, wasn't it? Just wasn't done very well at all. Tim Curry as Pennywise were the only good parts of the film. I've been reading about this new version and they do want to go a different way and not make it as cartoonish as the previous film, which is only a good thing.

I'll give it a go as the trailers have been good, and it's written by the guy who wrote True Detective's first season, but I am worried about the Pennywise casting. Original was two parts, wasn't it? Just wasn't done very well at all. Tim Curry as Pennywise were the only good parts of the film. I've been reading about this new version and they do want to go a different way and not make it as cartoonish as the previous film, which is only a good thing.
    I think the original was one, but quite long though it still didn't scratch the surface of the story really. Tim Curry was excellent aye, saved it from being a total disaster really though a couple of the kids played their parts well when thinking of the book, Richie Tozier and Buh Buh Buh Bill were good along with little Eddie but overall it was poor and failed to pick out out some of the far more terrifying elements

kas74 is online now First team regular
    It is being released in September, I love the book, its an incredible story which the original film, while having a humble attempt at it, just couldn't do it justice

I'm not sure it works fully in film such is the detail and depth of the actual story, but here is the trailer which does look good:

https://youtu.be/7no56Zw1e20
    Looks okay but I think the book is one of those that's impossible to do justice to on film,unless you want to end up with something that's five or six hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Looks okay but I think the book is one of those that's impossible to do justice to on film,unless you want to end up with something that's five or six hours long.
    I think that is what they should do as it goes, a proper to the letter version in either two epics which the book lends itself to or two films, taking us through the kids stories as the loser club etc and that summer then onto them as adults and their call to come back and face It again.

Like you suggest though, there are details in that book and the in between the lines sense of greater things that are almost impossible to communicate in film............alla The Turtle and the Deadlights etc

I think that is what they should do as it goes, a proper to the letter version in either two epics which the book lends itself to or two films, taking us through the kids stories as the loser club etc and that summer then onto them as adults and their call to come back and face It again.

Like you suggest though, there are details in that book and the in between the lines sense of greater things that are almost impossible to communicate in film............alla The Turtle and the Deadlights etc
    thank god its not a remake of the stand then

Yeah,a Lord Of The Rings type trilogy might work although I think they'd still have to skip over certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    thank god its not a remake of the stand then
    Its time to make your stand.

Yeah that was one epic that, again the film was pretty naff...especially the end with the lottery hand 'Its you!'

Yeah,a Lord Of The Rings type trilogy might work although I think they'd still have to skip over certain things.
    Lets direct this beast Kas and do it justice

Yeah that was one epic that, again the film was pretty naff...especially the end with the lottery hand 'Its you!'

I'm in,all we need now is a cast.

I'm in,all we need now is a cast.
    And a budget.....this could be harder than I thought

And a budget.....this could be harder than I thought
    We'll save a fortune by filming the entire thing in Port Talbot.

We'll save a fortune by filming the entire thing in Port Talbot.
    Good idea!

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    I liked the first part with the kids, as adults in the 2nd part it didn't quite work.

at the time i enjoyed the book, still think the ending was a little weak (wat bits i can remember now) but nowhere near as bad as that thing they bought to tv/film agreed... think i heard rumours of a reboot somewhere, then theres always those..

at the time i enjoyed the book, still think the ending was a little weak (wat bits i can remember now) but nowhere near as bad as that thing they bought to tv/film agreed... think i heard rumours of a reboot somewhere, then theres always those..
    I loved the book,don't remember too much about the mini series other than the actors who played the three main characters.

Good idea!
    It's post apocalyptic vibe would also be perfect for our remake of The Stand.

for Luc Besson and the Fifth Elephant lovers comes this: Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets. typical Besson and visually stunning, looks a lot of bonkers fun. out this summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcIlQFPbPnM

I loved the book,don't remember too much about the mini series other than the actors who played the three main characters.
    It's post apocalyptic vibe would also be perfect for our remake of The Stand.
    Makes you realise all this what a bad job they do generally of a number of King's best work, I guess Misery was a good film and Shawshank, The Shining to a point though I hated what they did to the female character in that making her all screechy and weak willed when she was anything but in the book.

Makes you realise all this what a bad job they do generally of a number of King's best work, I guess Misery was a good film and Shawshank, The Shining to a point though I hated what they did to the female character in that making her all screechy and weak willed when she was anything but in the book.
    yeah, some books i think are best left as books rather than films as generally the medium just doesn't do them justice. though i have to admit there are some works which the film version is decent - look no further than a number of Phillip. K. **** novels or short stories. (silly word filters)

this looks interesting from Netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7kHHxylps

this looks interesting from Netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7kHHxylps
    Looks like it could be good.

21st July release for those interested.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

this looks so insane it could actually be quite good... its called Logan Lucky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPzvKH8AVf0

and Danial Craig with a southern? american accent :

*Wolfy* is online now The boy that cried sniperwolf!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1666185/

Liking the look of this

Anyone following SDCC 2017?

The justice league trailer looks really good, I have to say. The gifted also looks like it'll be okay. Not too keen on the other two, especially inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiyour View Post
    The justice league trailer looks really good, I have to say.
    Not a fan myself, looks like another CGI cluster****. Looks just like BvS, with more daft superheroes.

Not a fan myself, looks like another CGI cluster****. Looks just like BvS, with more daft superheroes.
    Nah, this looks like it'll be way better than BvS. That was proper crap. Maybe it's just my love for Aquaman speaking though

Stranger things 2 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4

Really looking forward to this one, probably more than any other movie or series this year. Hopefully it'll live up to expectation.