Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise diary

An hour ago or so I did 28 min of light jogging before breakfast,

Now there's anyone like me who struggle with asthma, then I recommend using power breathe

http://www.powerbreathe.com/

When I was using it constantly within weeks my asthma and my fitness improved immensely

Highly recommend the product

Here's a couple of videos what I find motivating

Bodybuilding - A lifestyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF8F8...eature=related

Arnold Schwarzenegger vs Ronnie Coleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW20W...feature=fvwrel

Rocky 4 No Easy Way Out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPb7g_BlXQ
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

ShayGuevara is offline Over the (Irish) sea poster of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by 12fatboyred View Post
    wow, I'm very impressed with your workout, sounds very intense. Old school at its finest.

I'm very impressed with how disciplined you are with your diet,

Do you follow that six times a week
    Yeah diet 6 days a week and then I normally go for a few drinks on a Saturday night, Sunday then Ill play with my metabolism a bit.

If Im hungover Ill get a pizza normally and eat more carbs in general.

If I've just took it easy the night before Ill just carb up a bit more probably not as bad as a hangover day though.

Yeah pretty much that diet with small differences like I just fil the fridge full of prawns, salmon fillets, eggs, milk, bananas and apples if theres nothing else in the house I wont cheat myself. An odd day Im out and about or busy when Im due a meal but Id normally just geta chicken sandwhich from a deli or something like that.

I just grab my dinner from the butchers everyday so its pretty random what Id eat but its normally one of a few things whatever I fancy on the day.

Been dieting like that for the past 2 or 3 months starting to get a bit tedious I just miss the odd McDonalds or fast food in the evening thats the only part of the day I find hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ens007 View Post
    @ LFC-IRL : that's a tough diet to follow mate. Hats off to you though. Do you eat Steak, Turkey, Chicken etc? You've certainly made me think about how strict I've got to get with myself. I'm not sure that I could train legs & chest in the same session tbh ... I'd be ruined! Some decent volume in your pressing. If you get chance try incline db presses supersetted with standing cable chest presses. Brutal stuff & the pump is excellent. I've seen good gains from this.
    Yeah the Dinners are normally either:
    Steak & pepper sauce maybe a bit of celery.
    2 pork chops, stuffing and apple(local butchers does them)
    3 chicken fillets w/ seasoning and some fruit or veg
    Prawn Stir Fry, lemon and garlic instead of sauce.

Normally I dont train legs and chest in the same day but this week I missed the gym monday and that was the day I planned to work my legs. I tend to skip legs a lot aswel.

Lately Ive just been planning my workouts week to week and changing routines and stuff a lot, with spraining my wrist I had no choice but I make sure I do something everyday or close to it to keep the metabolism up.

Yeah Ill try that when I get back not sure what workout Im going on when I get home, whether to bulk or cut Ill just see how I feel when I get back.

Anyone know any good full body workouts? Was going to do one on Saturday just to get a last bit of a pump before I go? Was thinking of just going through all the machines in the gym for different bodyparts and staying away from weights or if there was an all in one day super setting workout anyone could recommend?

I recently did a fullbody that involved:
    DB deadlifts - 1 x warm up / 3 x working ramped sets
    Incline DB press with superset standing cable presses - 3 x sets
    Seated rows narrow grip - 3 x sets
    DB Arnie Press - 1 x form set / 3 x working
    Weighted dips - 3 x sets with pause contraction at bottom of movement

Nearly destroyed me, but unbelievable pump at end.

Quote Originally Posted by FamousInternational View Post
    Hand Shandy x 3
    Protein Shake
    Bed

YNWA
    Sounds very much like my exercise routine.

I recently did a fullbody that involved:
    DB deadlifts - 1 x warm up / 3 x working ramped sets
    Incline DB press with superset standing cable presses - 3 x sets
    Seated rows narrow grip - 3 x sets
    DB Arnie Press - 1 x form set / 3 x working
    Weighted dips - 3 x sets with pause contraction at bottom of movement

Nearly destroyed me, but unbelievable pump at end.
    Yeah that sounds pretty good, say 8-10 reps?

Working ramped sets is that going up weight and down reps?

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-IRL View Post
    Yeah diet 6 days a week and then I normally go for a few drinks on a Saturday night, Sunday then Ill play with my metabolism a bit.

If Im hungover Ill get a pizza normally and eat more carbs in general.

If I've just took it easy the night before Ill just carb up a bit more probably not as bad as a hangover day though.

Yeah pretty much that diet with small differences like I just fil the fridge full of prawns, salmon fillets, eggs, milk, bananas and apples if theres nothing else in the house I wont cheat myself. An odd day Im out and about or busy when Im due a meal but Id normally just geta chicken sandwhich from a deli or something like that.

I just grab my dinner from the butchers everyday so its pretty random what Id eat but its normally one of a few things whatever I fancy on the day.

Been dieting like that for the past 2 or 3 months starting to get a bit tedious I just miss the odd McDonalds or fast food in the evening thats the only part of the day I find hard.

Yeah the Dinners are normally either:
    Steak & pepper sauce maybe a bit of celery.
    2 pork chops, stuffing and apple(local butchers does them)
    3 chicken fillets w/ seasoning and some fruit or veg
    Prawn Stir Fry, lemon and garlic instead of sauce.

Normally I dont train legs and chest in the same day but this week I missed the gym monday and that was the day I planned to work my legs. I tend to skip legs a lot aswel.

Lately Ive just been planning my workouts week to week and changing routines and stuff a lot, with spraining my wrist I had no choice but I make sure I do something everyday or close to it to keep the metabolism up.

Yeah Ill try that when I get back not sure what workout Im going on when I get home, whether to bulk or cut Ill just see how I feel when I get back.

Anyone know any good full body workouts? Was going to do one on Saturday just to get a last bit of a pump before I go? Was thinking of just going through all the machines in the gym for different bodyparts and staying away from weights or if there was an all in one day super setting workout anyone could recommend?
    I too like to break up my training as much as possible I change my routine every four weeks roughly,

2 of my insanity workouts you might want to try

First one is endurance It's like a circuit training

Start off with 5 min on the treadmill and around 10 km with 1% incline,

When you get a five-minute mark takeoff the incline put the speed up to 16 km doa sprint for 10 seconds or more, then bring it down to walking pace, catch your breath then whacked out the treadmill speed to 17km again around 10 seconds or more, then back to walking speed, then with your breath that whack up it to 18 km, then walk for a couple of minutes to catch your breath to finish.

That's round one

Now onto circuits, choose 3 to 4 exercises for chest and all 3 to 4 back-to-back without rest doing minimum of 10 reps, usually do 3 to 4 sets of this

I usually use the fitball i.e. press ups and flys and presses,

Then back onto the treadmill repeating what you did before

Now onto round two

It's now onto back again choose 3 to 4 exercises like you did with chest,

Then repeat onto the treadmill

Now onto the final round three

Choose one exercise for chest and one for back to finish off again super setting between the two and again three sets of this,

Then choose 3 exercises for biceps and 3 three exercises for triceps if you're feeling really up for pump do all six exercises back-to-back 10 reps each 2 to 3 sets,

Then the following day do the same treadmill routine and this time incorporate legs round one two and three as well as the final round introduce shoulders

I too like to break up my training as much as possible I change my routine every four weeks roughly,

2 of my insanity workouts you might want to try

First one is endurance It's like a circuit training

Start off with 5 min on the treadmill and around 10 km with 1% incline,

When you get a five-minute mark takeoff the incline put the speed up to 16 km doa sprint for 10 seconds or more, then bring it down to walking pace, catch your breath then whacked out the treadmill speed to 17km again around 10 seconds or more, then back to walking speed, then with your breath that whack up it to 18 km, then walk for a couple of minutes to catch your breath to finish.

That's round one

Now onto circuits, choose 3 to 4 exercises for chest and all 3 to 4 back-to-back without rest doing minimum of 10 reps, usually do 3 to 4 sets of this

I usually use the fitball i.e. press ups and flys and presses,

Then back onto the treadmill repeating what you did before

Now onto round two

It's now onto back again choose 3 to 4 exercises like you did with chest,

Then repeat onto the treadmill

Now onto the final round three

Choose one exercise for chest and one for back to finish off again super setting between the two and again three sets of this,

Then choose 3 exercises for biceps and 3 three exercises for triceps if you're feeling really up for pump do all six exercises back-to-back 10 reps each 2 to 3 sets,

Then the following day do the same treadmill routine and this time incorporate legs round one two and three as well as the final round introduce shoulders
    Sounds intense mate, I was just looking for a bit of a pump on Saturday as Im going away Sunday.

Circuit training is very effectve though isnt it I was training with a few of my mates for a while there big into MMA and they always do it, heavy going but with a good diet you'll defo see results.

Actually some good MMA workouts on youtube, Il try find one now and post it. Bit of change is always good as sometimes the same workout gets a bit tedious and loses effect.

Anyway Im off shoulders and back today.

Wow you have your own diet plans? I just eat what I want when I want, I'm not fussed about getting 'ripped' so to speak, just interested in gaining mass. Although LFC IRL's meals of steak, pork etc appeal to me alot!

Also it's kinda hard to have a diet for me seeing as I have 3 other siblings that moan constantly about food.

Yesterday added

3x40kg inclined bench press (2x8 and then until failure)

Oh and for the guy who asked, my gym is one of the active branches in Thornbury near Bristol. It costs 3.20 to get in but I have a monthly plan which is 17.xx so it works out cheaper.

The gym is also newly refurbished!

Yeah that sounds pretty good, say 8-10 reps?

Working ramped sets is that going up weight and down reps?
    I'd try to nail 10 reps for as long as form allows. I view ramping as you've said, basically working your way up the weights. Ultimately reps suffer, but I try not to go less than 5 rep sets. Keep your form though mate.

When your back from your jollies, have a crack at dropsetting - great for shoulders & arms work. Completely beasts you.

Quote Originally Posted by SteviesThirdLeg View Post
    Wow you have your own diet plans? I just eat what I want when I want, I'm not fussed about getting 'ripped' so to speak, just interested in gaining mass. Although LFC IRL's meals of steak, pork etc appeal to me alot!

Also it's kinda hard to have a diet for me seeing as I have 3 other siblings that moan constantly about food.

Yesterday added

Get good carbs & proteins down you - wholemeal rice, pasta etc, lean proteins from usual sources etc etc. I've got mates who follow GOMAD theory of bulking, namely gallon of milk a day! Seems to be quite popular. Lift heavy & lower the number of cardio sessions.

Just out of curiosity what's everyone's max bench press?

Get good carbs & proteins down you - wholemeal rice, pasta etc, lean proteins from usual sources etc etc. I've got mates who follow GOMAD theory of bulking, namely gallon of milk a day! Seems to be quite popular. Lift heavy & lower the number of cardio sessions.
    A GALLON OF MILK?!?!

Don't think i'll be able to follow that method, have to keep cardio up due to football and rugby!

Just got back from the gym, wasn't looking forward to it as I had a headache and my energy levels were not very high plus I didn't fancy dealing get to the equipment as I said the weights area is very small,

Now I didn't mention about warmup I would recommend anyone to do some kind of cardiovascular prior lifting weights but like I said I can't really do that because I have to get onto the equipment when I can,

So I class 10 min cycle to the gym as my warmup.

Now about eight years ago I had a road accident, which means I have a lower back problem and sometimes I get bad pains and my Rotatory Cuff (the small muscle in my shoulder is very weak certain exercises I struggle) so that means I can't do deadlifts more than twice a week as my back would be absolutely living hell.

Another thing what I hadn't mentioned when I do squats I take wide stance squats andit's funny every time fitness instructor/personal trainer/teacher
    all say the same thing that wide stance squatting is not correct form, and that it's not squatting.

When in reality it is one of the bed rocks of powerlifters routine, it really does help you lift more weight,

And I find it much better on the back, also I don't go any lower than paralle as I feel if I go lower it really hurts my back, I found also that women find this much better than normal stance squatting

Then you get bodybuilders who say that wide squatting doesn't build leg mass, well I don't agree with that but that's people's own opinion,

I briefly have mentioned in another topic about reps, now I read an article in the late 90s about bodybuilders should not look to do light weights & high reps were dieting as you are using muscle so it's important to lift as heavy as you can.

So roughly keep my rep range around six,

Like I said I do try to break up my training routines
    so when I do power & strength I usually do no more than three reps

When I building muscle I used to go eight reps

Then when I do more endurance and insanity I go from 10 to 25 reps
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

The workout itself

When I got gym it was quiet for a change I knew it wouldn't last so I just concentrated on my squats before it got too busy

Smith machine squats
    1 set 85kg 6 reps, 1 set 90kg 6 reps, 1 set 95kg 6 reps, 1 set 97kg 6 reps, 1 set 100kg 6 reps,
    then what I did was stripped the bar and just have 40kg did three reps rested 10 seconds and repeated that two more times

Dumbbell incline bench press,
    again like I have said chest is my weakest part so I don't mind dropping reps on this as long as I can build strength on this exercise

1 set 45kg ( 22.5kg each dumbbell) 6 reps, 3 set 50kg ( 25kg each dumbbell) 3 reps, know what I did was on completion on each set i picked up 10 kg dumbbells just whacked out 3 to 4 reps.

By this time my energy levels were dropping dramatically,

Single dumbbell Row
    1 set 25kg 6 reps, 1 set 27kg 6 reps, 1 set 30kg 6 reps

Now I just wanted to finish training as I had enough,

So lightheartedly I finished off with

two sets of dumbbell shoulder press
    1 set 34kg ( 17kg each dumbbells) 6 reps, 1 set 40kg ( 20kg each dumbbells) 6 reps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet wise I forgot to mention with my jacket potato cook it in olive oil and salt,

And when I've just got back from the gym I was a bit naughty and had a Tesco's litre of cheap Lucozade.

The sounds of school,

Sounds very like Bodybuilder Lee Priest, bulk up during winter not worried about cardio then gets ripped for the summer

Yesterday added

Single, living on my own makes diet easy. No distractions just what I have. I enjoy all the foods I mentioned anyway the only hard bit is staying away from take aways at night and in the evening.

Healthy food tastes great anyway and when your in that gym/healthy sort of mood its easy.

Without good diet the gym is a waste of time and money.

I'd try to nail 10 reps for as long as form allows. I view ramping as you've said, basically working your way up the weights. Ultimately reps suffer, but I try not to go less than 5 rep sets. Keep your form though mate.

When your back from your jollies, have a crack at dropsetting - great for shoulders & arms work. Completely beasts you.
    Yeah havent done them in a while I used to enjoy them real quick workout and defo gets results if you push yourself far enough.

Cycled the gym today about a ten min cycle there and back was a lovely day actually should of cycled further beforehand as it was enjoyable.

Straight onto

Back
    Wide Pull Ups : 5 sets to failure (got 8 the first few times but only 5 the last)

Sets of 12,10, 8, 6/12:
    Barbell Row - 55kg, 60kg, 65kg, 70kg into 50kg
    Seated Cable Rows - 110(pounds), 120, 130, 140 into 100
    Barbell good Morning - 30kg, 40kg, 45kg, 50kg into 30kg.

Shoulders
    Military Press - Smith Machine - 30kg, 40kg, 47.5kg, 55kg into 30kg(not including weight of bar)
    Frontal Raise supersetted w/ lateral raise. 7.5kg lateral and 10kg frontal - 4 sets of 8-10 reps on each

Was going to go for a swim this evening but nice day out so going to chill out for the evening.

Arms day in the gym and a Football Match tommorow.

The sounds of school,

Sounds very like Bodybuilder Lee Priest, bulk up during winter not worried about cardio then gets ripped for the summer
    Thats what I do, eat well but drink a lot around christmas then come the new year start a pretty clean bulk until March/April then cut until August for my holiday.

Will decide whether to bulk or cut when I come home but I'll probably continue cutting until christmas as Im not quite where I want to be yet another few months heavy training and I could be, rather than bulking again and being further away from the bodyfat level I Want to get down to.

Size wise Im pretty happy 6"0 and 86kg so hopefully I dont lose too much of that when Im away.

Single, living on my own makes diet easy. No distractions just what I have. I enjoy all the foods I mentioned anyway the only hard bit is staying away from take aways at night and in the evening.

Healthy food tastes great anyway and when your in that gym/healthy sort of mood its easy.

Without good diet the gym is a waste of time and money.
    By good diet you mean balanced or a specific diet? Although I say eat what I want my diet is very balanced with veg and meat, being the oldest child I usually get what I want when it comes to dinner. Most nights it's Steak, Salad and Omelet for me, or Chicken and Pasta/Rice. Lunch in school is really hard, usually just have jacket potato cheese and beans or a pasta pot if they have them.

I'm not sure what to have for breakfast, weekdays it's cornflakes and weekends it's a fry up. Any advice?

Shoulders
    Military Press - Smith Machine - 30kg, 40kg, 47.5kg, 55kg into 30kg(not including weight of bar)
    Frontal Raise supersetted w/ lateral raise. 7.5kg lateral and 10kg frontal - 4 sets of 8-10 reps on each
    Always a nice superset! For time's sake, I try a tri-set that ends with rear delt flyes. Painful but good.

Do you always MP with the Smith? I really prefer free barbell presses as I find the Smith too restrictive in terms of plane of motion. Nice lift btw.

Re: Bench Press max question asked ... Couldn't tell you my 1 rep max tbh as It's not really my thing to do. Ego is a dangerous thing imo. I believe that a good guide is to be able to bench your own bodyweight. I've benched 117.5kg + bar for reps (2 sets) earlier in the year when I was really nailing it big time, but there's no chance of me doing it now as my wrist is goosed & wouldn't cope. I'd only probably go up to 100kg as an absolute maximum for a while. Really lost a lot of strength over the last 2 / 3 months, but my reduced diet is big part of this as well

Cardio day for me today - running, rowing & cross trainer. Really beasted myself & felt great afterwards.

Fullbody workout in the morning with my mate. Focusing upon reduced rest times & slower cadence / increased time under load. Oh the joy ..!

By good diet you mean balanced or a specific diet? Although I say eat what I want my diet is very balanced with veg and meat, being the oldest child I usually get what I want when it comes to dinner. Most nights it's Steak, Salad and Omelet for me, or Chicken and Pasta/Rice. Lunch in school is really hard, usually just have jacket potato cheese and beans or a pasta pot if they have them.

I'm not sure what to have for breakfast, weekdays it's cornflakes and weekends it's a fry up. Any advice?
    I'm thinking balanced more than specific. May I ask how old you are? If you're at school still, you've got plenty of time to grow further. Nevertheless, if you're looking to bulk, you have to eat more - it's that simple. Not fast foods or general crap like crisps & chocolate, but chicken, lean mince, turkey, eggs, steak, fish, nuts, veg, rice, pasta, baked potatoes, oils etc.

Knock the cornflakes on the head - they're not worth jack. Try scrambled eggs & wholemeal toast or an omelette with say peppers, cheese & ham or porridge instead. Grill your foods, not fry.

When you lift, lift with good technique & leave your ego @ home. A proper rep with a lesser weight is worth far more than a heavier weight lifted by naff technique. Structure your workouts by body parts e.g. chest & biceps, back & shoulders, legs & triceps. Start with bigger compound movements first & finish with smaller isolations. Most importantly, keep a record of your lifts so you can see progress.

Best of luck pal.

5 mouths ago it was 45kg, now i whould say it whoud be around 50kg

Cycled the gym today about a ten min cycle there and back was a lovely day actually should of cycled further beforehand as it was enjoyable.

Straight onto

Back
    Wide Pull Ups : 5 sets to failure (got 8 the first few times but only 5 the last)

Sets of 12,10, 8, 6/12:
    Barbell Row - 55kg, 60kg, 65kg, 70kg into 50kg
    Seated Cable Rows - 110(pounds), 120, 130, 140 into 100
    Barbell good Morning - 30kg, 40kg, 45kg, 50kg into 30kg.

Shoulders

Was going to go for a swim this evening but nice day out so going to chill out for the evening.

Arms day in the gym and a Football Match tommorow.
    what a blast from the past, I bet you get quite a few strange looks when you do this exercise

176kg 1rm

Great workout this morning. Decent lifting & TUL. Few 'f' words were muttered towards the end & felt obliged to apologise to a few ladies for the profanity!

DB Deadlifts (bar was being used): 1 x warm up & 3 x sets @ 34kg db. I truly hate deadlifting as I'm crap at it. Necessary evil though & the DBs make interesting variation on barbell.
    Incline DB Press (34 kg dbs) supersetted with standing cable press (35 Kg each side) - absolute agony as worked @ slow tempo & really cut rest time between sets.
    Single leg extensions using seated machine - don't know why I thought of doing these, but you do get a nice burn from them, especially pausing at top of contraction. Started at 30kg per leg & ramped up to 45kg : 4 x 10 reps each leg.
    DB Arnie Shoulder Presses - 1 x warm up @ 18 Kg & 3 x 26kg - tough exercise as my left arm struggles with old tendon & rotator cuff injury. Naff effort really as I can straight DB Shoulder Press with 34 / 38kg DBs. More left side strength work defo needed. Probably exhausted a bit with the earlier pressing superset.
    Paused Dips - 3 sets x 8 reps. Decent pause at lower part of contraction. This is where the swearing kicked in!

Saw a picture of Daniel Craig yesterday - looked in decent nick to be fair & made me think about leaning out & dropping the heavier lifting somewhat. Hmmm ... !

Oh and for the guy who asked, my gym is one of the active branches in Thornbury near Bristol. It costs 3.20 to get in but I have a monthly plan which is 17.xx so it works out cheaper.

The gym is also newly refurbished!
    wow that good price,

the gym i go to this i think still do pay as go is about 7.50p,

for full meber is 40 a mouth

Great workout this morning. Decent lifting & TUL. Few 'f' words were muttered towards the end & felt obliged to apologise to a few ladies for the profanity!

DB Deadlifts (bar was being used): 1 x warm up & 3 x sets @ 34kg db. I truly hate deadlifting as I'm crap at it. Necessary evil though & the DBs make interesting variation on barbell.
    Incline DB Press (34 kg dbs) supersetted with standing cable press (35 Kg each side) - absolute agony as worked @ slow tempo & really cut rest time between sets.
    Single leg extensions using seated machine - don't know why I thought of doing these, but you do get a nice burn from them, especially pausing at top of contraction. Started at 30kg per leg & ramped up to 45kg : 4 x 10 reps each leg.
    DB Arnie Shoulder Presses - 1 x warm up @ 18 Kg & 3 x 26kg - tough exercise as my left arm struggles with old tendon & rotator cuff injury. Naff effort really as I can straight DB Shoulder Press with 34 / 38kg DBs. More left side strength work defo needed. Probably exhausted a bit with the earlier pressing superset.
    Paused Dips - 3 sets x 8 reps. Decent pause at lower part of contraction. This is where the swearing kicked in!

Saw a picture of Daniel Craig yesterday - looked in decent nick to be fair & made me think about leaning out & dropping the heavier lifting somewhat. Hmmm ... !
    Think I read in dorian yates blood and guts books, or in one of bodybuilding magazines,

That he recommends doing partial deadlift because constantly stopping the movement when the bar reaches the floor and form starts to deteriorate quarter and he also says that it works the lower lats more, what go to say my lower lats feel a good pump

For the past six years or so at all the type of deadlift I do nowadays not the traditional type

read this what you think

http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/unpa...xercise11.html

Always a nice superset! For time's sake, I try a tri-set that ends with rear delt flyes. Painful but good.

Do you always MP with the Smith? I really prefer free barbell presses as I find the Smith too restrictive in terms of plane of motion. Nice lift btw.
    Yeah see the squat racks in the gym are both awkward for doing militarys so I prefer the handiness of the smith. I change regularly, try not to do the same excercise two weeks in a row for most of this year. Just stick to a routine but switch the excercises to make sure I hit every major muscle and as many minor muscles in a week as I can.

On Saturday Ill do the Arnies like you suggested, like doing them and it'll give me a bit of variation so I get that pump out of it. When you have that going home you feel like your getting somewhere.

what a blast from the past, I bet you get quite a few strange looks when you do this exercise
    My gyms a bit mad, it has tractor tyres, ropes, rings and chains. Some of the excercises people do be doing are mad. I dont see people doing good mornings often though and I rarely do them myself normally just do hyperextensions instead but I justsaid Id go for a bit of variation the other day. Had no belt so I couldnt push myself as far as I wanted though.

I'm also not a great deadlifter injured my back once even with the belt on and it sort of put me off it. I prefer to do it when Im lifting more reps like 8+, anything else and I try avoid it as Im not confident enough in my form. I might grab one of the PT's and ask him to check my form next time Im probably not doing anything wrong but would hate to do in my back.

Yeah mate I bulked steady for a few years when I started the gym but had no real shape compared to a mate I train with who has a fast metabolism, he could live off McDonalds and still be in great shape. Now I want to catch up with him in terms of bodyfat I'm not far off at the moment I wouldnt say, he's at 7% and Im at 8.5% down from 13% a few months back although I dont know how accurate them readings are there done with a callipers pinching 3 or 4 parts of skin but seem to get different readings all the time, I think different PT's check different parts. 6 packs starting to become pretty clear and look very toned in the upper body, back could be more toned but I enjoyed cutting the past 3 months. Looking forward to a few weeks off the diet though as its starting to get difficult.

Was driving yesterday and I pulled in at a petrol station, my mate went in and got a Burger King, it was time for me to geta meal into me and I had to settle for a packet of sliced cooked turkey and a nature valley bar and that felt like a treat while he was besde me eating a large chicken wrap meal. Then met up with another friend a few hours later in the local chinese takeaway again was tempted but I only have 3 more days left so going to stay strong til then not easy though.

I'm also not a great deadlifter injured my back once even with the belt on and it sort of put me off it. I prefer to do it when Im lifting more reps like 8+, anything else and I try avoid it as Im not confident enough in my form. I might grab one of the PT's and ask him to check my form next time Im probably not doing anything wrong but would hate to do in my back.

Yeah mate I bulked steady for a few years when I started the gym but had no real shape compared to a mate I train with who has a fast metabolism, he could live off McDonalds and still be in great shape. Now I want to catch up with him in terms of bodyfat I'm not far off at the moment I wouldnt say, he's at 7% and Im at 8.5% down from 13% a few months back although I dont know how accurate them readings are there done with a callipers pinching 3 or 4 parts of skin but seem to get different readings all the time, I think different PT's check different parts. 6 packs starting to become pretty clear and look very toned in the upper body, back could be more toned but I enjoyed cutting the past 3 months. Looking forward to a few weeks off the diet though as its starting to get difficult.
    Was driving yesterday and I pulled in at a petrol station, my mate went in and got a Burger King, it was time for me to geta meal into me and I had to settle for a packet of sliced cooked turkey and a nature valley bar and that felt like a treat while he was besde me eating a large chicken wrap meal. Then met up with another friend a few hours later in the local chinese takeaway again was tempted but I only have 3 more days left so going to stay strong til then not easy though.
    wow sounds like a lot of hard-working what was done for last three months well done,

As the body fat calipers, results do vary slightly when you're having different trainers take them, also lot of variables come into play,

1) Each trainer might have been shown different techniques

2) The experience of the person taking the calipers test, I think when I was shown how to do it
    I was told that takes around 100 goes before you become adequate at taking the test

3) Quality of the calipers, the cheap plastic ones are okay but metal ones are far more superior.

For the test to be more accurate the test has to be done under the same circumstances i.e the same time you took the first readings, no water was taken within three hours of taking the test and using the same technique