Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise diary

ShayGuevara is offline Over the (Irish) sea poster of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by 12fatboyred View Post
    wow sounds like a lot of hard-working what was done for last three months well done,

As the body fat calipers, results do vary slightly when you're having different trainers take them, also lot of variables come into play,

1) Each trainer might have been shown different techniques

2) The experience of the person taking the calipers test, I think when I was shown how to do it
    I was told that takes around 100 goes before you become adequate at taking the test

3) Quality of the calipers, the cheap plastic ones are okay but metal ones are far more superior.

For the test to be more accurate the test has to be done under the same circumstances i.e the same time you took the first readings, no water was taken within three hours of taking the test and using the same technique
    Yeah a good bit I couldnt of done much more in terms of training, the few weeks off with the sprained wrist probably helped me get more cardio in so I cant use that as an excuse. Id say the only thing I could of done more was went off the drink but easier said than done and after a tough week training you look forward to a day off and a few drinks and a take a way or something like that.

10mins on threadmill followed by

Arms today:

Biceps
    EZ bar curl - 20kg, 25kg, 30kg, 35kg into 20kg to failure. (not including weight of bar think thats an extra 12.5kg not sure)
    Hammer Curls - 12.5kg, 15kg, 17.5kg into 10kg to failure (each side)
    Overhead Cable Curl not sure on weights just went up one notch on the cables at a time think I started on 50 then went up in tens.

Triceps
    Skull crushers: 12.5kg, 15kg, 17.5kg, 20kg (4 reps didnt make the 6) into 12.5kg
    Tricep Dips: 3 sets, 1 without weight then put sand bag around my nec for second 2 sets just went to failure each time
    Tricep Extension(rope): again cant remember just went up one notch each time sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 into set to failure.

Football friendly later so just going to get a meal into me and maybe a light snack before I go. Looking forwardto football and IMO the easiest cardio to do as you enjoy it and its easier to push yourself further.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Day off.

Well sort of will drop down to the gym this evening for the abs class. Might do ten mins on the bike beforehand. Legs are sore from the match last night and upper body is sore from the weeks workout. Delighted with the pump I got this week, first week back lifting heavy weights and it seems to be paying off.

How's everyone else doing?

Well I did a legs session yesterday forgetting I had pre-season training last night, so not good man. Legs are like fewkjfhwi!

Did a spin session this morning. Great stuff. Sweated litres & got the heart really pumping. Rest this weekend & back to it Monday.

Seriously thinking of cutting back on the heavier stuff & trying to get myself leaner. Bulked up during last few months & am looking pretty muscly - probably too much tbh. Need to lose a bit of overall size really. What fun!

hi guys, sounds like a lot of people had good workouts this week, time for the weekend to relax.

For myself tomorrow I'm going to weigh myself not going to take circumference measurements this week as I don't think there will be much change,

With with myself weighing I can see what I need to change in terms of my nutrition for next week,

As for nutrition the past three days has not been that great, not that I'd eat rubbish just haven't eaten that March or at the wrong times and not getting enough fluid plus the sleep pattern has been a bit ski with.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from the gym about an hour ago,

Was contemplating what to do but seem as the weights area was free I just went straight to partial deadlifts,

Now a lot of people say don't use gloves and straps as I got very thin wrists is not my back what fatigue first is always my wrists plus I have an old weighttraining and football related injury to my wrist, which doesn't help when training

Partial Deadlifts

Warmup I stick to 20s on the bar do 3 to 4 reps put the bar down rest for about five seconds then repeat two more times,

My next warmup would be 80 kg for six reps even know I could do more

Now working sets

set one 90kg 6 reps (without straps) which felt very easy like lifting a baby,

set two 100kg 6 reps (with straps) yet again felt very easy,

Set three 100kg 5 reps (with straps) now could have got six reps but my grip went and I tried to re-do the exercise when I had it on the floor like couldn't get a grip right

Set four 100kg 4 reps (with straps) yet again grip let me down

rest now depending on how I'm training are usually have 20 to 30 seconds rest but the moment because my energy levels quite low and I take as long as I can,

After Deadlifts I try to do Clean and jerk but it was more like push press rather than any Olympic move I didn't feel comfortable as people watching

Incline dumbbell bench press

My energy level felt okay,

But when I picked up the 15kg dumbbells to warmup they felt like 100 kg, with the warmup just pumped out eight reps or so.

Set one 45 kg (22.5 kg each dumbbell) six reps

Set two 50kg ( 25kg each dumbbell) six reps felt very strong on this exercise, into a drop set of 30kg ( 15kg each dumbbell) just pumped out 2 to 3, now when I picked up the lower weight my wrist felt not right

Set three 50kg ( 25kg each dumbbell) five reps, if I had a training partner I could have got out at least two more never mind,into a drop set of 30kg ( 15kg each dumbbell) just pumped out 2 to 3, now when I picked up the lower weight my wrist got worse feeling

Set four 50kg ( 25kg each dumbbell) three reps again if only I had a training partner I could got at least four out of this exercise,
    ,into a drop set of 30kg ( 15kg each dumbbell) just pumped out 2 to 3, now when I picked up the lower weight by now my wrist was throbbing.

Shoulder press,
    picked up the 15s and my wrist said no and then my shoulder just popped so I had to put those down.

Leg press I hate this machine it hurt my back more than anything

Just do 2 sets 127kg 8 reps.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So an below average training this week not happy,depending on what happens with my weighing I might change my training but probably wait till next week when I take my measurements as well as my weight before I decide about my training

Dropsets today as recommended by Ens007
    Just did a few drops on:

Bench Press
    Lats
    Arnies
    Squats
    and just the machine for the middle of your back in the gym.

Quick but effective, thats me now until I get home will be glad of the break holidays for 10days but hope to be back in the gym and hitting it hard in 2 weeks.

Keep up the good work lads

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-IRL View Post
    Dropsets today as recommended by Ens007
    Just did a few drops on:

Bench Press
    Lats
    Arnies
    Squats
    and just the machine for the middle of your back in the gym.

Quick but effective, thats me now until I get home will be glad of the break holidays for 10days but hope to be back in the gym and hitting it hard in 2 weeks.

Keep up the good work lads
    You are really into your training, I used to be like that six years ago.

Hope you enjoy training

right it was my my weigh in at weekend, I was happy with the results.

I didn't lose any weight I did not gain any weight or lose fat or gain any fat, so in theory I have found my basic calorie requirements to maintain my body weight, so this is where the theory comes in to it by adding more cardio I should lose weight.

Well that's what all the training I had in nutrition and reading books had said of the theory about finding your base calories, we shall see if the theory is correct.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nutrition wise over the weekend very relaxed usually I have one cheat day where I just eat anything I want and then one day when I just mix and match my diet,

As like Ens007 has mentioned my diet during the week is very strict and quite boring, so I need to do is break up my diet,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As training goes I struggled badly with energy last week and not been able to get to the gym regularly last week,

Was planned to go to the gym today but the likelihood of that seems unlikely,

So far with my training though I've managed to do just an hour ago 20 min light CV on the cross trainer ( keep my heart rate around 50%)

Motivation is fading. Having to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RfqmjBWg4M to get motivated. It works!

Stick with it Stevie lad ... you'll only regret it if you don't. Keep posting your stuff up on here & the posters on this thread will keep on motivating you I'm sure. I've gone through a lot of lows this year with my training, as injuries have really taken their toll both physically & mentally. But I keep telling myself that I need to haul my arse through the gym doors & the motivation soon returns when I've had a decent session.

Good luck mate.

Quote Originally Posted by SteviesThirdLeg View Post
    Motivation is fading. Having to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RfqmjBWg4M to get motivated. It works!
    by henry rollins

Iron and the Soul"

I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like you parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. Completely.

When I was young I had no sense of myself. All I was, was a product of all the fear and humiliation I suffered. Fear of my parents. The humiliation of teachers calling me "garbage can" and telling me I'd be mowing lawns for a living. And the very real terror of my fellow students. I was threatened and beaten up for the color of my skin and my size. I was skinny and clumsy, and when others would tease me I didn't run home crying, wondering why. I knew all too well. I was there to be antagonized. In sports I was laughed at. A ****. I was pretty good at boxing but only because the rage that filled my every waking moment made me wild and unpredictable. I fought with some strange fury. The other boys thought I was crazy.

I hated myself all the time. As stupid at it seems now, I wanted to talk like them, dress like them, carry myself with the ease of knowing that I wasn't going to get pounded in the hallway between classes.

Years passed and I learned to keep it all inside. I only talked to a few boys in my grade. Other losers. Some of them are to this day the greatest people I have ever known. Hang out with a guy who has had his head flushed down a toilet a few times, treat him with respect, and you'll find a faithful friend forever. But even with friends, school sucked. Teachers gave me hard time. I didn't think much of them either.

Then came Mr. Pepperman, my adviser. He was a powerfully built Vietnam veteran, and he was scary. No one ever talked out of turn in his class. Once one kid did and Mr. P. lifted him off the ground and pinned him to the blackboard.

Mr. P. could see that I was in bad shape, and one Friday in October he asked me if I had ever worked out with weights. I told him no. He told me that I was going to take some of the money that I had saved and buy a hundred-pound set of weights at Sears. As I left his office, I started to think of things I would say to him on Monday when he asked about the weights that I was not going to buy. Still, it made me feel special. My father never really got that close to caring. On Saturday I bought the weights, but I couldn't even drag them to my mom's car. An attendant laughed at me as he put them on a dolly.

Monday came and I was called into Mr. P.'s office after school. He said that he was going to show me how to work out. He was going to put me on a program and start hitting me in the solar plexus in the hallway when I wasn't looking. When I could take the punch we would know that we were getting somewhere. At no time was I to look at myself in the mirror or tell anyone at school what I was doing.

In the gym he showed me ten basic exercises. I paid more attention than I ever did in any of my classes. I didn't want to blow it. I went home that night and started right in. Weeks passed, and every once in a while Mr. P. would give me a shot and drop me in the hallway, sending my books flying. The other students didn't know what to think. More weeks passed, and I was steadily adding new weights to the bar. I could sense the power inside my body growing. I could feel it.

Right before Christmas break I was walking to class, and from out of nowhere Mr. Pepperman appeared and gave me a shot in the chest. I laughed and kept going. He said I could look at myself now. I got home and ran to the bathroom and pulled off my shirt. I saw a body, not just the shell that housed my stomach and my heart. My biceps bulged. My chest had definition. I felt strong. It was the first time I can remember having a sense of myself. I had done something and no one could ever take it away. You couldn't say **** to me.

It took me years to fully appreciate the value of the lessons I have learned from the Iron. I used to think that it was my adversary, that I was trying to lift that which does not want to be lifted. I was wrong. When the Iron doesn't want to come off the mat, it's the kindest thing it can do for you. If it flew up and went through the ceiling, it wouldn't teach you anything. That's the way the Iron talks to you. It tells you that the material you work with is that which you will come to resemble. That which you work against will always work against you.

It wasn't until my late twenties that I learned that by working out I had given myself a great gift. I learned that nothing good comes without work and a ceratin amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can't be as bad as that workout.

I used to fight the pain, but recently this became clear to me: pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. But when dealing with the Iron, one must be careful to interpret the pain correctly. Most injuries involving the Iron come from ego. I once spent a few weeks lifting weight that my body wasn't ready for and spent a few months not picking up anything heavier than a fork. Try to lift what you're not prepared to and the Iron will teach you a little lesson in restraint and self-control.

I have never met a truly strong person who didn't have self-respect. I think a lot of inwardly and outwardly directed contempt passes itself off as self-respect: the idea of raising yourself by stepping on someone's shoulders instead of doing it yourself. When I see guys working out for cosmetic reasons, I see vanity exposing them in the worst way, as cartoon characters, billboards for imbalance and insecurity. Strength reveals itself through character. It is the difference between bouncers who get off strong-arming people and Mr. Pepperman.

Muscle mass does not always equal strength. Strength is kindness and sensitivity. Strength is understanding that your power is both physical and emotional. That it comes from the body and the mind. And the heart.

Yukio Mishima said that he could not entertain the idea of romance if he was not strong. Romance is such a strong and overwhelming passion, a weakened body cannot sustain it for long. I have some of my most romantic thoughts when I am with the Iron. Once I was in love with a woman. I thought about her the most when the pain from a workout was racing through my body. Everything in me wanted her. So much so that sex was only a fraction of my total desire. It was the single most intense love I have ever felt, but she lived far away and I didn't see her very often. Working out was a healthy way of dealing with the loneliness. To this day, when I work out I usually listen to ballads.

I prefer to work out alone. It enables me to concentrate on the lessons that the Iron has for me. Learning about what you're made of is always time well spent, and I have found no better teacher. The Iron had taught me how to live.

Life is capable of driving you out of your mind. The way it all comes down these days, it's some kind of miracle if you're not insane. People have become separated from their bodies. They are no longer whole. I see them move from their offices to their cars and on to their suburban homes. They stress out constantly, they lose sleep, they eat badly. And they behave badly. Their egos run wild; they become motivated by that which will eventually give them a massive stroke. They need the Iron mind.

Through the years, I have combined meditation, action, and the Iron into a single strength. I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind. The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total *******. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

About an hour ago I did another low intensity 20 min cardiovascular exercise on cross trainer,

a tool what I would recommend anyone when doing cardiovascular is a heart rate monitor,

I used to have one and I changed my CV every four weeks

First four weeks I would do low intensity cardio ( 50% to 60%)

Second four weeks I would do high intensity ( 75% to 90%)

The third four weeks I would mix and match different types of ratios,

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now a lot of people will say that fat burning zone is a myth and you're better off doing H.I.T type of training,

It is true that doing 20 min to 30 min beneficial than doing low intensity for an hour as you burn more calories which is what you're aiming to do when on a weight loss program,

It's all good and well saying doing high intensity work is better and fat burning is useless,

Your body is like a car, driving at high gears all the time doesn't do the car that much good in the long term,

And that is true with doing cardio at high intensity all the time you need to do the low intensity as well, as you get older you struggle to do the simple things and conditioning your body to do everything from simple tasks to more strenuous tasks is the best way to do it

There's more to fat burning zone, fat is a slow releasing energy now you can't isolate one nutrition, but the ratios do change dramatically when doing different types of training

Doing low intensity for minimum of an hour I think the ratio works out roughly worked 60% fat & 40% carbohydrates,

And then the balance returns back to normal when doing high intensity

Went to the gym last night and felt really good about going afterwards. Gym was absolutely heaving, all free weights were taken so had to make do with the lat machine and others.

Just got back about an hour ago from the gym wasn't looking forward to it, as lunchtime is always a nightmare to get to the weights I didn't feel energetic,

Low and behold the free weights area was very busy but managed to get onto the Smith machine to do squats,

Now I got a bit confused with my counting because of my learning difficulties and all the 20s were being used so don't know what my final heavyweight was

I know got up to
    1 warmup/working set of 90 kg 6 reps
    but was the final two sets I was confused on I think it was either 102kg or 110kg for 2 sets for 6 reps

Now my first warmup set with the bar and then 2 25kg either side felt very heavy and my body and my legs didn't like it and then when I went into my warmup/working set I didn't want to do any more as my legs were feeling terrible and very weak and painful, but surprisingly as I got into an felt very strong on both heavy sets

Now I would love to do proper free weight barbel benchpress but without a training partner I don't feel comfortable, so I usually use dumbbells only time I use the Smith machine when the dumbbells are being used

So I did Smith machine incline bench press
    1 set 40kg 6 reps
    1 set 45kg 6 reps
    1 set 47kg 6 reps
    surprisingly I felt again very strong on this exercise and maybe I could of went up to 50 kg but I was happy at 47kg for the time being

Now I was debating whether to do deadlifts as that was impractical because of lack of space and people about that was impossible to do

I went on to lat-pull down
    3 sets 45kg 6 reps

At this stage I was still feeling quite strong
    went and did single arm dumbbell row

2 set 27kg 6 reps
    1 set 30kg 6 reps

And finally I was still going strong I managed now to do some shoulder work without any pain to my shoulders or my wrist
    seated dumbbell shoulder press
    3 set 40kg ( 20kg each dumbbell) 6 reps

So surprisingly it was a good workout what I enjoyed immensely

Often the case that the sessions you're not looking forward to are often the best!

I nailed my 100kg + bar sets today for flat bench without wrecking my wrist, so quite happy. Plenty in the tank as well, but didn't want to push my luck.

Nailed 3 x sets of seated military press (65kg + bar) as well, but nearly melted as gym was ****** roasting.

Intervals day tomorrow so am dreading that.

Did not sleep well last night so, I don't hundred percent feeling that great when I woke up so I missed out on my morning cardio.

Didn't feel that great as the day got on, had a splitting headache and I didn't feel that energetic so was not planning to go to the gym, considering how bad I was out of it I didn't even know what month it was and missed an appointment.

still managed in the end to drag myself to the gym,

First up the rower

Now I've been told if you put the drag (resistance to 4/5 is like rowing in the water) so I had the resistance on four,

And rower for 6 min keeping my average 500 m time to 2.32, I love the rower but if I go to mad my asthma plays up badly, felt okay while doing the rower

Next the treadmill, I don't know why but will always struggle to use the treadmill I don't feel that comfortable on, all so I've been told if you have treadmill on 1% incline similar to running out side

So with 1% incline at 10km for 8 minutes, struggled at stages with being bothered and energy wise while doing the treadmill felt like quitting

Next machine what we've got is very weird you can do the action of stepping machines or you can do skiing/cross trainer like

I usually just do stepping as it's a great alternative to doing skiing or cross trainer motion had the level at 18 for 12 min, this machine i find quite easy so the 12 min was a breeze

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to weights

Skull crushes (lying tricep extension) using e-z bar

Warmed up with just the bar, then 10kg dont count the reps just what feel the movement

2 set of 6 reps 15kg

2 set of 6 reps 17kg

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ingTriExt.html

--------------------------------------------------
    Bicep e-z bar curl

1 set of 10 reps 10kg

1 set of 6 reps 15kg

1 set of 6 reps 17kg

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Biceps/BBCurl.html

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Super sets

Overhead dumbbell tricep extension

1 set 6 reps 17kg
    1 set 6 reps 20kg
    1 set 6 reps 22.5kg
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/.../DBTriExt.html

standing alternative dumbbell bicep curl

3 set 6 reps 12kg

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Biceps/DBCurl.html

Next combination of super sets i used the cable now not sure if its pounds or kg as it's not clearly marked so didn't really write down what weight I did

Overhead tricep extension

3 set 6 reps

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ricepsExt.html

Cable Curl

3 set 6 reps
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Biceps/CBCurl.html

Cable Kneeling Crunch

3 set of 10 to 15 reps

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ingCrunch.html
    Last edited by BeautifulHistory; 3-8-11 at 17:10.

Had a naff sleep last night so had no energy, plus the gym was like a sauna. Ended up doing some running with intervals & then went on to do some bicep work. Bit weird as I rarely do this, but ended up nailing some decent sets & dropsets to finish. Could hardly bend my arms at the end, so I'm guessing that I worked to a decent intensity.

Fullbody workout B tomorrow - dreading it already, but I know that it's a great workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ens007 View Post
    Had a naff sleep last night so had no energy, plus the gym was like a sauna. Ended up doing some running with intervals & then went on to do some bicep work. Bit weird as I rarely do this, but ended up nailing some decent sets & dropsets to finish. Could hardly bend my arms at the end, so I'm guessing that I worked to a decent intensity.

Fullbody workout B tomorrow - dreading it already, but I know that it's a great workout.
    it funny as some of best works are when you feel tired

Missed on training yesterday as I was feeling very unwell,

So no cardio yesterday and this morning I also missed out on my cardio session,

I had planned today to do in the gym circuit type training depending on how busy the gym was,

I love circuit training but the problem is it's usually my asthma what goes before muscle fatigue which is a pain in the bum,

The first combination

Smith machine squats

3 set of 20 reps, the fourth set 10 reps
    40kg felt ridiculously to light on all set but my breathing was the hardest part as I struggled badly and by the second set I was taking longer with my reps

Superset
    with dumbbell pullover

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BPullover.html

3 set of 10 reps 20kg the fourth set 6 reps

Again like with squats are braving was really bad and I was taking longer with the reps again

Rest period between each set was 25 seconds

---------------------------------------------------------
    Next up was my main circuit one exercise straight to the other

Barbel bent over rows 40kg
    barbel benchpress 20kg
    barbel deadlifts 40kg
    standing military press (using a fixed fitness bar) 20kg

4 set 6 reps with 25 seconds rest when completed the circuit

----------------------------------------------------------
    Finally my final circuit

leg extension 36kg
    leg press 80kg
    leg curl 26kg

4 set 8 reps, rest was just going from one machine to the other

3 set of 10 to 15 reps

Cable Kneeling Crunch

Forgot to put up my workout from yesterday :FP:. Really cut my rest times down & the heat in the gym nearly killed me. ****** air con doesn't work. Here goes any way:

Barbell clean & press - lord knows what made me do these as they're slags, but ended up doing 3 x 12 reps & 1 x 8 reps. Gym was like an oven & the sweat was teaming out of me. Didn't do very heavy at all tbh (think it was only 60kg plus bar), but got the heart pumping.

DB Incline Press -> Standing cable press superset. Find this a tough one & beasts the chest. Used 34kg DBs & had 35kg either side on the cables. 3 x 10 reps on both bits of kit.

Single leg extensions - 3 x 10 reps each leg - ramping up to 45kg each leg with a pause at top of contraction.

Close grip cable machine row - 3 x 10 reps full stack (think it's 120kg)??

Seated Arnie Presses - totally goosed by now, so 1 x 10 reps @ 20kg & 2 x 10reps @ 26kg. Fuel tank = empty at this stage due to the humidity.

Dips - 3 x 8 bodyweight reps - just couldn't be bothered at this stage, but dragged my arse to the finish line.

Today - spin class. Quite enjoy this in a sad way, peddled like billy-o & worked up great sweat.

Weekend = doing nowt but sleep & rest.

Have a good un all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ens007 View Post
    Forgot to put up my workout from yesterday :FP:. Really cut my rest times down & the heat in the gym nearly killed me. ****** air con doesn't work. Here goes any way:

Barbell clean & press - lord knows what made me do these as they're slags, but ended up doing 3 x 12 reps & 1 x 8 reps. Gym was like an oven & the sweat was teaming out of me. Didn't do very heavy at all tbh (think it was only 60kg plus bar), but got the heart pumping.

DB Incline Press -> Standing cable press superset. Find this a tough one & beasts the chest. Used 34kg DBs & had 35kg either side on the cables. 3 x 10 reps on both bits of kit.

Single leg extensions - 3 x 10 reps each leg - ramping up to 45kg each leg with a pause at top of contraction.

Close grip cable machine row - 3 x 10 reps full stack (think it's 120kg)??

Seated Arnie Presses - totally goosed by now, so 1 x 10 reps @ 20kg & 2 x 10reps @ 26kg. Fuel tank = empty at this stage due to the humidity.

Dips - 3 x 8 bodyweight reps - just couldn't be bothered at this stage, but dragged my arse to the finish line.

Today - spin class. Quite enjoy this in a sad way, peddled like billy-o & worked up great sweat.

Weekend = doing nowt but sleep & rest.

Have a good un all!!
    sound a real good workout,

love to do a spin class but the gym i go to they dont dont very many of this class & all late in the night.

i one gym i went to had a spin class on i think was fri or sat around 7am, just what body needs to get you ready for the day

Cheers mate - it is a very good workout, but it's a tough one if you cut your rest down & your gym is boiling hot! I was soaked. Big compounds are defo the business & get you going - just hard to rev yourself up @ 6.30am with little sleep in the tank.

I'd certainly recommend spin. Great cardio & nice mix of sprints and resistance work. Oh & nice lay-dees ...!!

right July 25--11

I weigh 11 stone and seven pounds

Body fat 18%

Waste 33 inches

Chest 38 inches

Arms both left and right non flexed 11 inches

Both left and right legs 21 inches,

-----------------------------------------------------

weigh 11 stone and seven pounds

Body fat 18%

Waste 32 inches

Chest 38 inches

Arms both left and right non flexed 11 1/2 inches

Both left and right legs 22 inches,

------------------------------------------------------------

So it's been roughly 2 weeks into my training,

So far I haven't lost any weight or any fat but made changes to my shape of my body,

The changes are

An inch of my waist, which are very happy about

Inch gain on my legs, again I'm very happy about as I don't want to have skinny legs like everyone else has when they train

half an inch gained on my arms which is even more made me happy because my arms look so skinny and I hate them

The only muscle shape what hasn't changed is my chest, I don't expect major growth in this area as I struggle with this as I need a trading partner to help push to the next level, so I'll be quite happy with the shape I've got

Quote Originally Posted by Panic-Button View Post
    Umm, I play football many times a week, go for the occassional run, tennis on Tuesdays, gym a few mornings a week. I'm very active, but I also eat lots of junk.
    Do you find the food you put in your body affects your performance. When I was running I was conscious of what I ate.

Got my motivation back, was at the gym yesterday working out a new exercise plan as I was going. Two of my mates who work at the leisure centre walked in both of whom work out too, as they were leaving I overheard them saying "he's getting big" needless to say this has motivated me even more and i'm buzzing for my next workout tomorrow!

Making a conscious effort to cycle more. Always remember cycling to school and had the wind against me nearly every day.

Was contemplating whether to go to the gym today, as the weekends I relax with my diet and try to recoup my energy for the week,

decided to go anyway,

First up the rower

rower for 10 min keeping my average 500 m time to 2.38, went a bit's slower the normal Just so could get the extra 3 min on the rower, felt nicely warmed up on this,

Next the treadmill,

with 1% incline at 10km for 10 minutes, Did a mixture 2 min on the treadmill today, do not like this machine at all I struggle with my breathing on this exercise

Now on to weights

Skull crushes (lying tricep extension) using e-z bar

Warmed up with just the bar, then 10kg dont count the reps just what feel the movement

1 set of 6 reps 15kg

2 & 3 set of 6 reps 17kg

4 set of 5 reps 17kg

my elbow clicked when I got to the fifth rep and it felt very painful

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ingTriExt.html

--------------------------------------------------
    Bicep e-z bar curl

1 set of 10 reps 10kg

1 set of 6 reps 15kg

1 set of 6 reps 17kg

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Biceps/BBCurl.html

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Super sets

Overhead dumbbell tricep extension

1 set 10 reps 17kg

1 set 6 reps 20kg,

My could barely bend my elbow on is set absolutely in pain doing this exercise, so wasn't expecting to get any more weight done,

Then I had to stop and help explain to someone how to do an exercise, which gave me ample time to recover my next set where my

elbow felt much better weird

1 set 8 reps 20kg

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/.../DBTriExt.html

standing alternative dumbbell bicep curl

3 set 6 reps 12kg

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Biceps/DBCurl.html

Next combination of super sets i used the cable now not sure if its pounds or kg as it's not clearly marked so didn't really write down what weight I did

Overhead tricep extension

3 set 8 reps

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ricepsExt.html

Cable Curl

3 set 8 reps
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Biceps/CBCurl.html

Cable Kneeling Crunch

3 set of 10 to 15 reps

Quote Originally Posted by thebeareroftruth View Post
    Do you find the food you put in your body affects your performance. When I was running I was conscious of what I ate.
    I can't run when I've had something to eat - feels like a swinging brick in my stomach. I'm on a bit of a cut at the moment & I'm finding my workouts tough. Finding it's affecting my strength & motivation, but I'm guessing I'll adjust to it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SteviesThirdLeg View Post
    Got my motivation back, was at the gym yesterday working out a new exercise plan as I was going. Two of my mates who work at the leisure centre walked in both of whom work out too, as they were leaving I overheard them saying "he's getting big" needless to say this has motivated me even more and i'm buzzing for my next workout tomorrow!
    Best motivation if all. Can only be a good thing to hear! Keep on pushing
    yourself & keep lifting heavier.

-SilkySkills- is offline First team regular
    1200 get out of bed
    1230 manage to make it down stairs and cook sausage sandwich
    1pm pc on looking at stuff
    4pm still looking at stuff

Quote Originally Posted by thebeareroftruth View Post
    Making a conscious effort to cycle more. Always remember cycling to school and had the wind against me nearly every day.
    cycle is good way to get fit & you can go to some very place at the same,