Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Football | Hyundai A-League

Some of this is crazy..

15 Minutes of fun
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Keegan7Suarez is online now Has the low down from down under
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationPolicy View Post
    Doubt it. It'll be a Korean or Japanese team again.
    we will see....but they are the barcelona of Asia.

RotationPolicy is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan7Suarez View Post
    we will see....but they are the barcelona of Asia.
    Who? Brisbane? How?

barcelona of asia??? what FC??

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalTom View Post
    Some of this is crazy..

15 Minutes of fun
    Oh A league, why are you so amazing :') <3

Brisbane Roar.

~ 30 games undefeated - record in Australia (and in most leagues)
    ~ Avg possession over 62% per game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booSHz9WRvE

Watch last year's goal

The local derby in Brisbane will be a fiery one; with Brisbane looking to increase their record of 30 games unbeaten and GCU just trying to prove the critics wrong and not finish in the bottom 3.

Roar play incredibly well, their pass and move possession is very effective. Ange has built a top team and is now looking to turn that into a 'great one' with a 31st consecutive game without a loss. The 'Barcelona' of Asia will have to be on their toes, because Coast have some good players in key positions who can turn the game on their head.

Up front, James Brown has been coming in off of the wing and firing shots in all top corners of the net. 2 goals in 2 games from outside the box curlers are very impressive indeed. Last week's draw saw the return of Joel Porter GCU's most capped and experienced player. His presence and goal-scoring ability will be a great addition back into the team.

Brisbane, will be looking to improve on the 0-2 win away at sydney last Saturday. Broich got on the scoresheet, and the German will look to produce another world class display in order to propel this great side into glory.

I can only see 1 result happening, and Brisbane's relentless tactics will ensure a easy win in the end.
    Prediction: Brisbane Roar 3 -- Central Coast 0

:DGood luck to all 10 clubs.http://www.jpopo.info/g.php:围巾

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjohnson View Post
    :DGood luck to all 10 clubs.http://www.jpopo.info/g.php:围巾
    what is it?

Anything happening with Kewell?

I can only see 1 result happening, and Brisbane's relentless tactics will ensure a easy win in the end.
    Prediction: Brisbane Roar 3 -- Central Coast 0
    Wow, not bad!

Wow, not bad!
    Thanks mate, i put 10 on it as well..made a profit of 120

Super Saturday holds 2 blockbusters - Adelaide V Sydney and the Melbourne Derby. However, it will be the Sky Blues to take the field first, looking for their first win of the season.

Sydney FC travel to Hindmarsh stadium, with the help of a full sqaud - barring goalkeeper Reddy, who will be replaced by Ivan Necevski. Lavicka will play a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Cazarine expected to keep his place in the side as the lone striker; despite a poor performance last week. Dimitri Petratos last week made his first appearance of the season, in a disappointing loss to the champions Brisbane. However, Dimitri's pace on the ball was most pleasing of all. He showed good determination and a keen eye for a pass, and vastly quickened the Sydney attack.

Adelaide United are coming off a very impressive 1-0 win against Melbourne Victory. This match saw the return of Socceroo Dario Vidosic, and boy-oh-boy he had one hell of a performance. If this can be maintained, Adelaide can definitely challenge for this years title. The same can not be said for Sydney's Brett Emerton however, with the former Blackburn star struggling in the first 2 games so far. If he can turn it around this weekend, I can not see Sydney losing this.

Overall, with Adelaide at home and in front of a massive crowd it will be hard to tip against them. However, Sydney have a lot of fire power in Emerton, Carle and Antonis. If they can perform it can go either way; so I'm stuck on the fence with this one.

Prediction: Adelaide United 1 - Sydney FC 1

Thanks mate, i put 10 on it as well..made a profit of 120
    Impressive.

I just got home from the 'Melbourne derby', what a let down! After the game the Heart fans stampeded through the city, just running past us like frightened antelopes escaping their predators. We just decided to walk in the opposite direction to them .

The game was totally boring. The Heart had two good chances and we were the more dominant team to my eyes but really struggled to break down the Victory defence. They were playing with a high defensive line so both chances come from long balls coming from wide areas, centred for the strikers. They kept backing away from Heart players making runs forward and then overwhelmed them when they got to just outside the box. The Victory keeper did well. I can't remember the Victory having even one half decent chance the entire game.

Impressive.

I just got home from the 'Melbourne derby', what a let down! After the game the Heart fans stampeded through the city, just running past us like frightened antelopes escaping their predators. We just decided to walk in the opposite direction to them .

The game was totally boring. The Heart had two good chances and we were the more dominant team to my eyes but really struggled to break down the Victory defence. They were playing with a high defensive line so both chances come from long balls coming from wide areas, centred for the strikers. They kept backing away from Heart players making runs forward and then overwhelmed them when they got to just outside the box. The Victory keeper did well. I can't remember the Victory having even one half decent chance the entire game.
    I watched the second half on tv and it was pretty terrible to watch. Victory's attack had no understanding between them. Kewell played too deep and resorted to playing long balls. I'd much rather see Kewell centrally than on the left. Solorzano was very wasteful and Archie was anonymous.

Yea..he definitely is. to be playing in the worst side in the league, and still showing signs of brilliant finishing and smart movement off the ball is impressive.

A-league has already eclipsed the old NSL in quality. Just actually watch the games, especially the season opener Syd V Melb and all of Brisbane's games... They will win the Asian Champions League. NSL may have had the higher crowds, but it will all change soon, once more money is put into the game - the quality of play is already higher though mate.
    From what I can see from the A-League, the QLD Roar are far ahead of the rest of the A-League in terms of quality and structure, I am actually a fan of the way how they play football, it is very South Melbourne like of the late 90s. The rest of them as they have proven in the ACL are not up there yet...

The other thing that makes the A-League boring and uninteresting that there is no pride and passion and it is missing the most vital ingredient in football... TRIBALISM. Dont give me that Syd v Melbourne crap or the Melbourne derbies. They have nothing on the old NSL tribalism and rivalries.

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyBillSuarez View Post
    From what I can see from the A-League, the QLD Roar are far ahead of the rest of the A-League in terms of quality and structure, I am actually a fan of the way how they play football, it is very South Melbourne like of the late 90s. The rest of them as they have proven in the ACL are not up there yet...

The other thing that makes the A-League boring and uninteresting that there is no pride and passion and it is missing the most vital ingredient in football... TRIBALISM. Dont give me that Syd v Melbourne crap or the Melbourne derbies. They have nothing on the old NSL tribalism and rivalries.
    Adelaide went well in ACL - made the final.

So what do you propose then??...to improve the rivalries and tribalism?

Adelaide went well in ACL - made the final.

So what do you propose then??...to improve the rivalries and tribalism?
    kudos to them for making it that far in the ACL but what about the rest? MV dominate in the A-League and yet they fail dismally in the ACL. Sydney didnt do too well in the last campaign either. Newcastle and Central Coast just embarrassed themselves. BTW Fair play to Sydney FC when they first played in the WCC and knocking off the Asian and African champions.

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyBillSuarez View Post

Tribalism? You mean like go back to having a Greek vs a Croatian team every week? That was never going to serve well enough for the future. Especially as the biggest untapped market is the anglo-celtic's who are never going to understand the notion of 'tribalism', as you call it, when 85% of the population in the country are just like them. Having geographic teams rather than ethnic is a much, much better idea.

Tribalism? You mean like go back to having a Greek vs a Croatian team every week? That was never going to serve well enough for the future. Especially as the biggest untapped market is the anglo-celtic's who are never going to understand the notion of 'tribalism', as you call it, when 85% of the population in the country are just like them. Having geographic teams rather than ethnic is a much, much better idea.
    You mean Sydney Olympic v Melbourne Knights? How about you look harder at the history of the old NSL and if you cant do that... how about I recommend you a book from the Father of football in AUstralia yes?

But hurry, there isnt too many of these going around

Another big Brisbane win.

Brisbane Roar 7 - 1 Adelaide United

Wow. Just wow. They are just a class above.

Honest to god I thought I was watching Barcelona this morning.

Every goal was stunningly played, hard pressing all the time and so composed with killer passes and finishing.

Brilliant.

Brisbane Roar FC 7 --- Adelaide United 1

Indescribable, incandescent and an irresistible performance is certainly one to remember. It started off very quick, with as usual, Brisbane dominating possession. 3 minutes in and stand-out performer Nichols played a top class ball for Henrique - he sprayed wide. All the signs looked good for the Roar, however, a rare mistake led to Adelaide's opener just 5 minutes into the match from a Vidosic distance drive.

In front of the faithful support the Brisbane Juggernaut rolled on, they did not appear to be in panic after the goal. When Nichols was fouled in the penalty area, Henrique drew level with a bottom corner from the spot. Following this, was the most amazing 6 minutes of the history of the A-league. Berisha scored a hat-trick in a true striker's fashion. First an acute finish from a well driven cross from the left. The 2nd from a weak foot 10 yard shot and the third - a tap in from 6 yards.

Their passing was fluent and to be honest, Adelaide were trying to hold onto the 4-1 result. However, a Nichols beautiful through ball caught out left back Cassio. The speedster Henrique was into he box, and was brought down from behind. Up he stepped again for his second penalty - a jinx ... a fake ... and a low drive in the spot. Brisbane are up 5 -1 at the break.

Quote Originally Posted by Get-Your-Coates View Post
    Honest to god I thought I was watching Barcelona this morning.

Every goal was stunningly played, hard pressing all the time and so composed with killer passes and finishing.

Brilliant.
    Are you in England? It's always good to get some applause from non-Australian viewers! I think if the rest of the league can start adapting more to the way Brisbane play, the competition will grow a great deal. Exciting times.

PS. For anyone: Where do you think Brisbane would rate in the npower championship?

When I said Brisbane are the Barcelona of Asia some disagreed, but watch the match and you will know what I'm talking about
    Asian Champions League will be theirs.

To answer AussieLFCFan's question - Brisbane can challenge for the top 3 in the championship.

In the first match on this Saturday, the central coast mariners take on Perth glory ... It what appears to be a mis-match based on form. Perth, have won 3 games on the run, and have played some great football. Meanwhile, CCM are struggling on only 1 point.

Not many predicted Mariners to be at this position after 3 games ( even I predicted 7th). The team that finished 2nd last season are relatively unchanged. However, the current loss of star midfielder Amini to injury has ensured their attack suffers. Back at home a win is required, this will definitely push the team against a strong Perth Glory outfit. Perth's top scorer with 3 is Smeltz, and that record is not seeming to end. Their midfield has been extremely impressive, with controlling all aspects of the game. The underdogs so far this season, can definitely turn some heads again with another impressive display.

Mariners at home will provide some resistance, but the Perth form is currently too hot tobe ignored.
    Prediction: Mariners 1 - Perth 1

Have Brisbane and Gold Coast youth as part of a cheeky accy.

GLORY!!!

Love our new boy Smeltz as well as the marketting gimmick of our new shirt.

Brisbane are an absolute joy to watch.

Glory started so well, could've been two up and CCM could have been a man down, but once the Mariners equalised Perth looked lost.

Andrezinho coming on should help them though.

For any overseas viewers, Australian FourFourTwo have a live commentary service for every HAL game which is very useful if you can't watch.
    Here's the link

Quote Originally Posted by imnofreak View Post
    Glory started so well, could've been two up and CCM could have been a man down, but once the Mariners equalised Perth looked lost.

Andrezinho coming on should help them though.

For any overseas viewers, Australian FourFourTwo have a live commentary service for every HAL game which is very useful if you can't watch.
    Here's the link
    Didn't even no that existed lol... thanks mate

But yes, Perth look shot.