Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

RogerHuntelaar is offline First team regular

115 pages? h34r:

I ain't reading that.

RogerHuntelaar is offline First team regular
    Evra said "your sisters c-word" in Spanish and gets away with it?

Point 5

The FA's case, in short, was as follows. In the goalmouth, Mr Evra and Mr Suarez spoke to
    each other in Spanish. Mr Evra asked Mr Suarez why he had kicked him, referring to the
    foul five minutes previously. Mr Suarez replied "Porque tu eres negro", meaning "Because
    you are black". Mr Evra then said to Mr Suarez “say it to me again, I’m going to punch
    you”. Mr Suarez replied "No hablo con los negros", meaning "I don't speak to blacks". Mr
    Evra continued by saying that he now thought he was going to punch Mr Suarez. Mr
    Suarez replied "Dale, negro, negro, negro", which meant "okay, blackie, blackie, blackie".
    As Mr Suarez said this, he reached out to touch Mr Evra's arm, gesturing at his skin. Mr
    Kuyt then intervened. When the referee blew his whistle and called the players over to
    him shortly after the exchanges in the goalmouth, Mr Evra said to the referee "ref, ref, he
    just called me a ******* black".

5. The FA's case, in short, was as follows. In the goalmouth, Mr Evra and Mr Suarez spoke to each other in Spanish. Mr Evra asked Mr Suarez why he had kicked him, referring to the foul five minutes previously. Mr Suarez replied "Porque tu eres negro", meaning "Because you are black". Mr Evra then said to Mr Suarez “say it to me again, I’m going to punch you”. Mr Suarez replied "No hablo con los negros", meaning "I don't speak to blacks". Mr Evra continued by saying that he now thought he was going to punch Mr Suarez. Mr Suarez replied "Dale, negro, negro, negro", which meant "okay, blackie, blackie, blackie". As Mr Suarez said this, he reached out to touch Mr Evra's arm, gesturing at his skin. Mr Kuyt then intervened. When the referee blew his whistle and called the players over to him shortly after the exchanges in the goalmouth, Mr Evra said to the referee "ref, ref, he just called me a ******* black".

That is shocking, the bluuddy liar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerHuntelaar View Post

So much for saving the rain forest

LucasAintDancin is offline Academy prospect
    I'll wait for someone to give me a view from the first few posts and I'll go with thath34r:

115 pages, I'll get the kettle on and be back in 3 hours!

have some rep for that mate! Just started reading. should be interesting!

The FA's case, in short, was as follows. In the goalmouth, Mr Evra and Mr Suarez spoke to
    each other in Spanish. Mr Evra asked Mr Suarez why he had kicked him, referring to the
    foul five minutes previously. Mr Suarez replied "Porque tu eres negro", meaning "Because
    you are black
    ". Mr Evra then said to Mr Suarez “say it to me again, I’m going to punch
    you”. Mr Suarez replied "No hablo con los negros", meaning "I don't speak to blacks". Mr
    Evra continued by saying that he now thought he was going to punch Mr Suarez. Mr
    Suarez replied "Dale, negro, negro, negro", which meant "okay, blackie, blackie, blackie".
    As Mr Suarez said this, he reached out to touch Mr Evra's arm, gesturing at his skin. Mr
    Kuyt then intervened. When the referee blew his whistle and called the players over to
    him shortly after the exchanges in the goalmouth, Mr Evra said to the referee "ref, ref, he
    just called me a ******* black
    "

Ok if any of that is true and there is evidence backing it up then wow. Of course the main defence we are making is that Suarez has been mistranslated but some of those translations are very incriminating.
    Last edited by Dioltas; 31-12-11 at 18:08.

According to Mr Suarez, at no point in the goalmouth did he use the word "negro". When the referee blew his whistle to stop play, Mr Evra spoke to Mr Suarez and said (in English) "Don't touch me, South American". Mr Suarez replied "Por que, negro?". He says that he used the word “negro” in a way with which he was familiar from his upbringing in Uruguay. In this sense, Mr Suarez claimed, it is used as a noun and as a friendly form of address to people seen as black or brown-skinned (or even just black- haired). Thus, it meant "Why, black?" Mr Suarez maintained that when he said "Por que, negro?" to Mr Evra, it was intended in a conciliatory and friendly way. Mr Suarez said this
    was the only time that he used the word “negro” in his exchanges with Mr Evra during the match.

Errrrrrrr if that's true I think it might just be best to take the ban now, say sorry and let it blow over.

LucasAintDancin is offline Academy prospect
    Right, off we go to court. There's no way the club will go by that evidence following our initial stand on Luis and belief of innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by fy7reds View Post
    Errrrrrrr if that's true I think it might just be best to take the ban now, say sorry and let it blow over.
    Thats Evras view.

Suarez says...

Mr Suarez denied the Charge. His case, in short, was as follows. He agreed with Mr Evra
    that they spoke to each other in Spanish in the goalmouth. When Mr Evra asked why he
    had kicked him, Mr Suarez replied that it was a normal foul and shrugged his shoulders.
    Mr Evra then said that he was going to kick Mr Suarez, to which Mr Suarez told him to
    shut up. As Mr Kuyt was approaching, Mr Suarez touched Mr Evra's left arm in a
    pinching style movement. According to Mr Suarez, at no point in the goalmouth did he
    use the word "negro". When the referee blew his whistle to stop play, Mr Evra spoke to Mr
    Suarez and said (in English) "Don't touch me, South American". Mr Suarez replied "Por
    que, negro?". He says that he used the word “negro” in a way with which he was familiar
    from his upbringing in Uruguay. In this sense, Mr Suarez claimed, it is used as a noun and
    as a friendly form of address to people seen as black or brown-skinned (or even just blackhaired).
    Thus, it meant "Why, black?" Mr Suarez maintained that when he said "Por que,
    negro?" to Mr Evra, it was intended in a conciliatory and friendly way. Mr Suarez said this
    was the only time that he used the word “negro” in his exchanges with Mr Evra during
    the match.

cravenz is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    I'm not sure I want to go through that, though if I do, it won't be today. Whatever it is, I read the bit on the FA's case and then had a look at the mitigating reasons and just found it bizarre that they gave the punishment under the circumstances. They can go do one.

Quote Originally Posted by DontBelieveThePress View Post
    Thats Evras view.

Suarez says...

Mr Suarez denied the Charge. His case, in short, was as follows. He agreed with Mr Evra
    that they spoke to each other in Spanish in the goalmouth. When Mr Evra asked why he
    had kicked him, Mr Suarez replied that it was a normal foul and shrugged his shoulders.
    Mr Evra then said that he was going to kick Mr Suarez, to which Mr Suarez told him to
    shut up. As Mr Kuyt was approaching, Mr Suarez touched Mr Evra's left arm in a
    pinching style movement. According to Mr Suarez, at no point in the goalmouth did he
    use the word "negro". When the referee blew his whistle to stop play, Mr Evra spoke to Mr
    Suarez and said (in English) "Don't touch me, South American". Mr Suarez replied "Por
    que, negro?". He says that he used the word “negro” in a way with which he was familiar
    from his upbringing in Uruguay. In this sense, Mr Suarez claimed, it is used as a noun and
    as a friendly form of address to people seen as black or brown-skinned (or even just blackhaired).
    Thus, it meant "Why, black?" Mr Suarez maintained that when he said "Por que,
    negro?" to Mr Evra, it was intended in a conciliatory and friendly way. Mr Suarez said this
    was the only time that he used the word “negro” in his exchanges with Mr Evra during
    the match.
    Phewwww.

HighFlyingBirds is offline fear low flying planes
    I'm off to the bog

Catch you later

aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    can they substantiate any of it ?

The two accounts are so far apart it's unreal

cravenz is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioltas View Post
    you are black
    ". Mr Evra then said to Mr Suarez “say it to me again, I’m going to punch
    just called me a ******* black
    "

Ok if any of that is true and there is evidence backing it up then wow. Of course the main defence we are making is that Suarez has been mistranslated but some of those translations are very incriminating.
    Yes, but I find it very very difficult to believe that given Suarez's background.

I have to say the coversation didn't seem t go on long enough for Suarez to say all that. and if it did you would think a lot more people would have heard it given it was a crowded penalty box

Here we go again, another 200 page thread discussing this case.

ZZZZzzzz......

This information enabled the FA to ask broadcasters to provide video footage of what
    appeared to be the key moments of the game, so far as Mr Evra's complaint was
    concerned. This video footage was provided in due course. It contained material which
    was not broadcast, including footage of the exchanges in the penalty area in the 63rd
    minute taken from a number of different camera angles.

I wonder if we'll ever see this footage that wasn't broadcast. There's still an overpowering smell of bull ****.

Quote Originally Posted by red-6-for-DM View Post
    115 pages, I'll get the kettle on and be back in 3 hours!
    hahaha, made me laugh.

arwales (R.I.P) is offline Academy prospect
    It gets juicy at the end of page 26.

Quote Originally Posted by cravenz View Post
    Yes, but I find it very very difficult to believe that given Suarez's background.
    You can always say that kind of stuff to **** of your opponents, even if you do not believe in it.