Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: At the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    Winning the title? What if city continue to buy every big name star possible? Should Kenny be judged for not being able to match that here? Kenny is simply the best manager we could ever wish for and everything eh does will be right with LFC for our future.

Right now how could you expect us to compete wit City, things change quickly. Ferguson won nothing hsi first 3 years and Dalglish has already done better. Imagine fergie had been sacked, as they were reportedly close to?

You have to trust Kenny because he's the only man i'd trust to make the right decisions for LFC.
    I didn't say we are gonna win the title soon I just said we are team with a poor mentality and lack the consistency needed to win the titles.

Ultimately,our aim is to win the title again and that is what the golden sky is about for me at least.I don't know what the golden sky is for you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

raybarnes is online now Football Dicsussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaeloven View Post
    I didn't say we are gonna win the title soon I just said we are team with a poor mentality and lack the consistency needed to win the titles.

Ultimately,our aim is to win the title again and that is what the golden sky is about for me at least.I don't know what the golden sky is for you.
    Our Golden Sky is us all standing together being led by Kenny and collecting trophies.........Lovin it.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Our Golden Sky is us all standing together being led by Kenny and collecting trophies.........Lovin it.
    is 4th still a possability ray ?
    Just a footalling question.

RedMammoth is offline at night, shepherds take fright
    Quote Originally Posted by BUYDEMBAINDECEMBER View Post
    Raybarnes is so cringeworthy its a joke.
    He is, but I'd prefer to have him here than you, by a long way.

gingeZizou82 is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMammoth View Post
    He is, but I'd prefer to have him here than you, by a long way.
    That's like saying I would rather be punched in the face than kicked in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by BUYDEMBAINDECEMBER View Post
    I didn't ask your opinion.

Cool story.

bro

Quote Originally Posted by gingeZizou82 View Post
    That's like saying I would rather be punched in the face than kicked in the nuts.
    The face! The face!

I'd liken it more to a choice between having a guy ranting and raging and spitting in your face or having a guy sitting in his own little world in the corner muttering faintly to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by bellzo100 View Post
    Sack comolli? why kenny is ment to have the final say in buying or selling players is he not? Its not like we were signing unknown players from all over the world most of the players we signed were from premier league clubs so kenny knew what he bringing to the club and at great expense i must say.Comolli's track record at spurs was excellent so don't put all the blame on him cause is Kenny is as much to blame weather we like it or not.
    Comolli's track record was not "excellent". It was a mixed bag. For every Bale, Modric, and Kaboul you have a Bentley, Keane, and Pavlyuchenko. You can also throw in names like Gomes (10m) and Defoe (15m) and Palacios (12m) as pretty poor transfers. Comolli has been 50/50 on his signings and worse than that here. Please don't act like I'm not penalizing Kenny. I'm also stripping Kenny of all transfer responsibility if he stays on. He'd be a coach/manager. Nothing more or less. If Comolli was involved in something other than player transfers/scouting, I'd maybe suggest keeping him on. He isn't, so he has to go. He hasn't even done that great of a job with sending the young players on loan. I don't think we have a single player on a year loan other than Pacheco and I guarantee he'll never play for LFC again.

-thispilgrim- is online now FD Football Poster of the Year 2012-13
    Raybarnes may wear his heart on his sleeve regards Liverpool FC. But he is better then most of the ***** on this site.
    Last edited by -thispilgrim-; 6-3-12 at 19:15.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMammoth View Post
    I'd liken it more to a choice between having a guy ranting and raging and spitting in your face or having a guy sitting in his own little world in the corner muttering faintly to himself.
    That genuinely made me laugh out loud.

You forgot to add, support yer local club laa.

Quote Originally Posted by christhered View Post
    You forgot to add, support yer local club laa.
    We need more fans like you.

fowlers2atgrayskull is online now Directors Box
    Missing 5 penalties, and hitting the woodwork 26 times hasn't helped really has it ?

Kenny deserves 3 years at least, in my opinion.

fair to say the transfers have been that abysmal that your page 3 wag would do a better job with the given money.

If he's targetting good tehnical players who have intelligence in the maxi/mereiles mould of reading a game, then i say why not!!!

If he's going to spend the remaining 10 million on seamus coleman, i'd get the taxi for him myself

Another point to remember is he's trying to fix what aint broke.

Sinking a floating ship.

We had our best spell of football last season with maxi,kuyt and suarez linking up. This season we saw glimpses of it against chelsea.(with bellamy)

Why aren't they started more often together to build on the 33 points from 16 games from last season.

They are arguably our best players linking up and building play.

And to bench them for henderson,adam,downing and carroll constantly?

After we saw the understanding between mereiles and suarez at the emirates, efforts should have been made to make him stay,encourage him and give him a better deal.

Not look elsewhere ,especially at sub standard replacements.

Under the current system of new british purchases, we have played some of our most static football lately. That goes down to tactics and 'philosophy' and an area where kenny has horribly botched it.
    Last edited by VishRed1; 7-3-12 at 11:36.

changeaname is online now Academy prospect
    depends what we do with the summer window and whether these players who aren't fit to grace the shirt are still here in september

He gets another year for me to correct his mistakes simply because he's done it all before successfully and the same goes for Comolli.

Another season of poor league form and expensive signings that don't work and nobody could slate the owners for wanting to change things after that.
    Don't you get it - Time is NOT on our side. We do not have the luxury of another season unless you are contended with Liverpool being a mid table club. Another season means 4 years in a row we are out of CL. That means less revenue for the club and even less possibility of signing top notch players. Other teams above us will push on with more money and more players. The gap between Liverpool will be even bigger.

We do not have another season. This was suppose to be the season after huge investment to get us back into contention again. And where we are now is the laughing stock in the league. Dalglish and his buys have been a huge disappointment. The owners made it crystal clear - Top 4 or else. I hope they will pull the trigger on Dalglish and we clear out all of Dalglish's deadwoods in the summer

Don't you get it - Time is NOT on our side. We do not have the luxury of another season unless you are contended with Liverpool being a mid table club. Another season means 4 years in a row we are out of CL. That means less revenue for the club and even less possibility of signing top notch players. Other teams above us will push on with more money and better players. The gap between them and Liverpool will be even bigger. At some point, the gap will be very difficult to close.

We do not have another season. This was suppose to be the season after huge investment to get us back into contention again. And where we are now is the laughing stock in the league. Dalglish and his buys have been a huge disappointment. The owners made it crystal clear - Top 4 or else. I hope they will pull the trigger on Dalglish and we clear out all of Dalglish's deadwoods in the summer

He gets another year for me to correct his mistakes simply because he's done it all before successfully and the same goes for Comolli.

Another season of poor league form and expensive signings that don't work and nobody could slate the owners for wanting to change things after that.
    Don't you get it - Time is NOT on our side. We do not have the luxury of another season unless you are contended with Liverpool being a mid table club. Another season means 4 years in a row we are out of CL. That means less revenue for the club and even less possibility of signing top notch players. Other teams above us will push on with more money and more players. The gap between Liverpool will be even bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy80 View Post

Summers around here are getting like a lumber yard sale.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by GetTheeToAWummery View Post
    Summers around here are getting like a lumber yard sale.
    You mean an ongoing clearance sale, no matter who the manager and how much has been spent, we always have "dead wood" to sell

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeloven View Post
    If our poor league form continues till the end of the season,should kenny step aside?For me kenny has done the stabilising job roy was supposed to do.But is he someone who can take us forward?I wouldn't take rafa considering the hatred of the english media bear towards him and also how everyone would love him to fail.Who do you think could do this job?

Before you accuse me of not supporting the manager,i am just looking ahead to what will happen in the summer if our poor league form continues as it is now and we end up without the fa cup.This is just a possible scenario and i am not saying it is certain to happen.

Will you expect a new manager after the end of this season,wait and see who kenny signs in the summer or back kenny till the end of next season?

Some of you may find the second one out of order but for me the transfer activity this summer is what will help me decide if kenny is the right man to take us forward.If we end up purchasing the way we did last summer then i won't have any faith in kenny going into the new season.This is just my opinion and feel free to give yours.
    Every fan must have their opinion, as long as they are passionate about this club , then there is nothing wrong in that. If I said everything was perfect and we are making huge leaps forward under dalglish , then I would be lying. The cup success that we have had, for me only papers over the cracks, In the league is where you get measured and this season there has been very little progress. I am not going to repeat why we are not winning games at home , I have said that enough, and although you do need a slice of luck ,you cant keep on saying we are unlucky every time we play at home. The league table dosnt lie we deserve to be where we are.

Is this a new era for this football club? Can we build on the league cup? Is dalglish the right man ? Has he been out of the game to long? All questions I keep on hearing, I think many expected to much to soon, even me, You cant hide the truth though, and you have to admit that many of kennys buys haven't been good. The style of football has been over cautious , and unless things drastically improve next season, then as much as he has done for this club , he will be heading for the chop.

It will be a crucial summer .... dalglish must get the next couple of signings right. If he dosnt then the writing is on the wall , we all know what will happen.

The scenario i mentioned is becoming more of a reality.The FA cup is a must if we want any decent players for next season.If the buys are unsatisfactory,i hope kenny will leave on his own accord by the end of this year.

I genuinely cannot stand all the Kenny Out comments that our spamming this forum.

That is why we need the rep system back, so we can distinguish between genuine posters and WUMs.

I am as ********** off as anyone with the way we have played at times this season and certain players have been below-par including some of the new arrivals.

But the last we should ever do is sack Kenny. We will end up being as big as joke as Chelsea, who haven't had to sell any of their key players over the past few years like we were forced to do by either the greed of the player or the previous owners.

Quote Originally Posted by SirJohnDiggerBarnes View Post
    I genuinely cannot stand all the Kenny Out comments that our spamming this forum.

That is why we need the rep system back, so we can distinguish between genuine posters and WUMs.

I am as ********** off as anyone with the way we have played at times this season and certain players have been below-par including some of the new arrivals.

But the last we should ever do is sack Kenny. We will end up being as big as joke as Chelsea, who haven't had to sell any of their key players over the past few years like we were forced to do by either the greed of the player or the previous owners.
    Well i liked the removal of the rep system at first but now i would not mind it back one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirJohnDiggerBarnes View Post

No man is bigger than the club.kenny included.if he can't take us forward,it's only right he move aside for someone who can.