Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: No sense from Stan....again!

1. #1 Default No sense from Stan....again! 
    Hardly a week goes by without ex-football and now writer Stan Collymore manages to criticise somebody without knowing what he is talking about.

This week he decided to take a dig at Liverpool right-back Glen Johnson for his recent interview in which he back Luis Suarez and said Evra never wanted to shake his hand.

Collymore claims that he is 'angry and frustrated' at what Johnson says in the interview calling the England star 'bang out of order', reading this you must be thinking that Glen Johnson had done something horrific.

It's quite the opposite, he spoke sense, which has what has been needed in this whole Suarez-Evra saga. 'I can't understand how people don't get that, in his culture the word 'negro' or 'negrito' is genuinely normal' is what Johnson said, but Collymore finds this offensive.

The former controversial Liverpool player goes on to say 'it is not OK to continue to live by the rules of your own culture' and calls Johnson 'detached from reality.

In effect what Collymore is saying is that only one culture is allowed in Britain and no other culture is accepted, yet later on in his rant he says Suarez should 'start interacting with multicultural Britain' therefore contradicting himself as he says many cultures should be accepted in Britain.

The next piece of writing is even more unbelievable, 'If I go to Saudi Arabia and walk around the streets with a can of Budweiser or let my girlfriend drive us around, I'm going to get into big trouble' comparing the English government to that of Saudi Arabia.

Collymore is suggesting that because in Saudi Arabia only their culture is accepted and they have zero tolerance of any other culture that's what Britain should be like, despite earlier claims that Britain was 'multicultural'.

This is coming from the man who calls Glen Johnson 'naive' and having the 'little England mentality', yet he does not even understand 'multicultural' which Prime-minister David Cameron was slaughtered for saying 'multiculturalism has failed' when Collymore's understanding clearly proves he was right.

He takes Johnson's own word out of context which as a former player he should know is wrong to do, as he claims that Johnson is saying 'We can go abroad and do what we like' which is not what he is saying. In fact he is saying that we should embrace every culture in the world and not force them to forget what they know.

It's sad that a person who fights so much against racism in this country, is actually so naive about the current situation and is using his power in the media to get across the wrong message to the people of Britain.

Story at OddsChanger & LiamAndrewsJournalism

What do you think of this?!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

smokintony is online now First team regular
    The same people who say you need to respect the culture of were you are our the same ones who backed that teacher that called a teddy bear Muhammad when it was offensive in the country she was

Delk is offline Armchair supporter
    Hi my name is Daniel and i live in australia I was wondering if anyone could help me I am in the process of purchasing tickets through a third party to the fa cup semi final between our reds and the other side and was wondering how I can determine if they are real or fakes or if someone could point me in the right direction it is a dream of mine to watch a derby let alone a semi final of the fa cup any help will be much appreciated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delk View Post
    Hi my name is Daniel and i live in australia I was wondering if anyone could help me I am in the process of purchasing tickets through a third party to the fa cup semi final between our reds and the other side and was wondering how I can determine if they are real or fakes or if someone could point me in the right direction it is a dream of mine to watch a derby let alone a semi final of the fa cup any help will be much appreciated thanks
    lulz

I wouldn't pay any attention to a man who beats women up and goes 'dogging'.

It was frustrating watching him play when he was here ... it's even more frustrating listening to him as a pundit.

' I wouldn't pay any attention to a man who beats women up and goes 'dogging'.'

Totally agree, would give his opinion no thought at all

love stan but he gets it wrong sometimes

He well have been a good a player at the time but whatever he says or writes I have little to none respect or care for

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    He well have been a good a player at the time but whatever he says or writes I have little to none respect or care for

agree to that

stan is comparing the LAWS of Saudi to CULTURE in this country, completely different.

if Stan would of compared and English Man saying 'yo brother' or something like that in Saudi that would of been similar as some Arabs are not familiar with British slang were we refere to our friends as actual Family members. this also is not breaking any law unlike Drinking Alcohol in public.

Suarez said he said 'pour que negro' roughly translated means 'why mate' this is not breaking any laws unlike Drinking Alcohol in public in Saudi.

Suarez was obviously trying to wind Evra up but he was not breaking any laws like Stan compared him to.

BinaryMan100110101 is offline Academy prospect
    Why are so many ex-Liverpool players slagging us off so much?

True, Stan is a pea-brain, but still...

It's bad enough the likes of Lawro and that have a go at us.