Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiredness my point of view

1. #1 Default Tiredness my point of view 
    Hi everyone i have taken time to think about what Kenny said yesterday after our awful display.When he said the players were tired it really makes me wonder what kenny is talking about.
    Here is my reason way,i work as a chef doing 40 hours 8 hours a day i have two boys aged 8 and 5,and i start at 6:00 am in the morning i ride my bike to work so i have to get up at 4:30am leave the house by 4:45 and i get to work for 5:20am.
    Then i do a 8 hour shift with a 30min break then i ride home so all in all i doa 8 mile round trip 5 days of the week.
    And today i have done a 12 hour shift come home and bath the boys then i have to be up at 4.30 again and do it all over again.And to be honest i am nackered. but i have to do it and u know what most of you are the same as me,so please tell me what is kenny on about.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by welshy2002 View Post
    Hi everyone i have taken time to think about what Kenny said yesterday after our awful display.When he said the players were tired it really makes me wonder what kenny is talking about.
    Here is my reason way,i work as a chef doing 40 hours 8 hours a day i have two boys aged 8 and 5,and i start at 6:00 am in the morning i ride my bike to work so i have to get up at 4:30am leave the house by 4:45 and i get to work for 5:20am.
    Then i do a 8 hour shift with a 30min break then i ride home so all in all i doa 8 mile round trip 5 days of the week.
    And today i have done a 12 hour shift come home and bath the boys then i have to be up at 4.30 again and do it all over again.And to be honest i am nackered. but i have to do it and u know what most of you are the same as me,so please tell me what is kenny on about.
    get a car!

None of us know what he is talking about, particularly as there were players available that had hardly played recently.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast is offline LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    Those commercial airline pilots - all they do is sit in a chair and pull on a stick.

Paullfc1976 is online now LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    I think the comments from Kenny were one's that were of a man who feels the weight of huge expectation on his shoulders; I did not agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1414 View Post
    get a car!
    i,m only joking pal, to be honest i,m still coming to terms with kennys excuse.

Kenny actually surprised me with his justification for another lacklustre performance I had predicted the heat would be the problem

Kenny had a shocker. The whole interview was wrong.

He needs to up it next year. He will.

old-school is online now Academy prospect
    shut up and make me some chips

The options for Kenny were tell the truth or attempt to defend the players with a poor excuse.

He went for the latter, something many managers do when under the cosh.

Quote Originally Posted by old-school View Post
    shut up and make me some chips
    Hahaha old-school i am not complaining just think there should never be excuse's if i had a crap shift that is my problem not my head chef's and the same should be said of the players.TBH i think they need to come out and say sorry but i know they wont.
    You guys who went yesterday paid for that ticket with your hard earned money and i think the players SHOULD think about that.

Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Midweek football is hardly a new concept. Playing 'Sun - Weds - Sat' is perfectly normal. In fact with cup games, internationals etc having a free mid-week is more unusual than having to play. Odd excuse.

BrummieRed is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzredz View Post
    The options for Kenny were tell the truth or attempt to defend the players with a poor excuse.

He went for the latter, something many managers do when under the cosh.
    thats pretty much it.

Theres no way he really thought tiredness was the problem.

15 minutes to brush your teeth, have a wash and eat breakfast?

I'm impressed.

Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by PatienceWillPay View Post
    Kenny had a shocker. The whole interview was wrong.

He needs to up it next year. He will.
    Yeh, he spoke like most managers do when they're under immense pressure and everything is going wrong.

We saw it with others here and with the likes of AVB at Chelsea, he went from a charming, confident, young manager to a jibbering, slobbering wreck within months after results and everything went wrong quickly.

Kenny isn't great in the media anyway, nor does he like them, at the best of time, under the pressure he is now i can only imagine he's saying things he later regrets.

I'm hoping he'll have learnt a lot this season being back in the swing of things and all that now comes with it and come next season he'll have taken stock and know exactly what needs to be done and his ability as a manager will come back fully.

His comments are odd at times, yesterday over the tiredness especially, but to be expected as his beloved Liverpool are failing badly and have been for 3 years and he's now responsible for it and is trying hard to rectify it and it's not working yet.

Kenny was refering to those players who played 3 games in six days. I'm pretty sure many managers have had a moan along similar lines.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    Kenny was refering to those players who played 3 games in six days. I'm pretty sure many managers have had a moan along similar lines.
    But we were told we have a stronger squad this year, with a load of good youngsters, so why did they have to play 3 games, especially when they're underperforming?

It was a bad interview.

old-school is online now Academy prospect
    Hahaha old-school i am not complaining just think there should never be excuse's if i had a crap shift that is my problem not my head chef's and the same should be said of the players.TBH i think they need to come out and say sorry but i know they wont.
    You guys who went yesterday paid for that ticket with your hard earned money and i think the players SHOULD think about that.

I know, I'm with you

Some of the players in our current squad are a disgrace to this club. I won't say any names. I just hope Kenny gets rid of them this summer.

Would like to no if he thinks it's mental tiredness or physical. You would think a team who had already won a cup and in the semi of fa cup with a trip to wembley coming up would be buzzing and full of adrenaline to go and play anyone. I hope we haven't got too many of those players that Harry thinks makes the modern day footballer. The ones that don't carry the heart & soul of the club into every game. Hence why we come unstuck to so many weaker teams. Haven't we just dropped 6 points to teams in the bottom 3 in our last 2 games? Too many players that stand up to be counted at the big games against the Mancs, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, teams we have played so well against and knocked 3 of them out of cups, but then they vanish against the likes of Wigan, Sunderland, QPR etc etc. Wasn't. 100% convinced when KD was made manager, well chuffed cos he was our dream man coming back but I think he really lacks a tactical side to his management and that is becoming so crucial in the modern day game. I really really want him to succeed but I fear players playing well just because Kenny is manager and wanting to play for him isn't enough.
    Gonna be a big summer of KD and Liverpool.

Not often Higgy is right, but it was poor from Kenny.

I didn't think he's be one to peddle out such pathetic excuses, but with 5 defeats from 6 the pressure is very much on.

Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    Not often Higgy is right, but it was poor from Kenny.

I didn't think he's be one to peddle out such pathetic excuses, but with 5 defeats from 6 the pressure is very much on.
    just as long as he never says" the players couldn,t see each other on the pitch today" this was fergies excuse after a 6-2 drubbing away to southampton in the 90,s, something about a grey strip they were wearing. this excuse imo will never be beaten.

"ša marche! one right winger, one striker, one DM and a creative mid"

Agger, Johnson, Kelly, Lucas and Adam all out severely limiting our ability to rotate in fresh players with experience. Clubs have to deal with injuries, no doubt. But any team will suffer with players like Agger, Lucas and Johnson/Kelly out. The players coming in are just not close enough in quality to prevent a big drop in our effectiveness.

Having said that, I will be very surprised if Henderson and Kuyt start against Newcastle, so I hope for better. Hopefully Kelly is back too because as effervescent and determined Flanagan is, he does not provide enough offensively for me.

Agree with most of the comments on here!! If you look back to Houlliers last season in charge or even Rafas last season, you will see that they too made some very daft excuses for losing matches or the team performing badly. Everything from how many corners we had or how the opposition keeper had played a blinder or the state of the pitch to tiredness or bad decisions by the refs! It is called "clutching at straws" to justify your own mistakes or shortcomings, and normally signals that in reality the manager has actually run out of ideas on how to change things!! I am hoping that this is NOT the case with Kenny and that he used the tiredness excuse so as not to criticise the players in public. Although am not entirely convinced, as he DID in fact criticise the players in public after the Bolton defeat. Maybe he felt he couldn't do it again so soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowler-of-War View Post
    Agger, Johnson, Kelly, Lucas and Adam all out severely limiting our ability to rotate in fresh players with experience. Clubs have to deal with injuries, no doubt. But any team will suffer with players like Agger, Lucas and Johnson/Kelly out. The players coming in are just not close enough in quality to prevent a big drop in our effectiveness.

Having said that, I will be very surprised if Henderson and Kuyt start against Newcastle, so I hope for better. Hopefully Kelly is back too because as effervescent and determined Flanagan is, he does not provide enough offensively for me.
    I think not having Agger, Lucas, Johnson, Kelly, or Bellamy plus a not fully fit stevie, has made a huge difference. Suddenly our solid defence has become leaky, which has made the whole team more nervous eg stevie hangs back far more than he used to.

As far as tiredness goes, kenny's probably partly right, because the younger/newer members of the squad don't have experience of playing so many games so late in the season. On top of that, stevie hasn't been able to rest even though just back from injury, because Lucas and Bellamy are out.

Quote Originally Posted by PatienceWillPay View Post
    Those commercial airline pilots - all they do is sit in a chair and pull on a stick.
    yeah to take of and land. all they do is sit there and read the paper and eat

perfect job for me

Quote Originally Posted by sjgalway View Post
    I think not having Agger, Lucas, Johnson, Kelly, or Bellamy plus a not fully fit stevie, has made a huge difference. Suddenly our solid defence has become leaky, which has made the whole team more nervous eg stevie hangs back far more than he used to.

As far as tiredness goes, kenny's probably partly right, because the younger/newer members of the squad don't have experience of playing so many games so late in the season. On top of that, stevie hasn't been able to rest even though just back from injury, because Lucas and Bellamy are out.
    I was remiss in not mentioning Bellamy. A big miss indeed.