Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Game of Thrones TV series thread

Last edited by YetAnotherNickname; 28-5-12 at 22:22. Reason: Link without spoilers hopefully.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Luisisdrinkingmate View Post
    Epic song.

InsomniacOlympics is offline a different/unique title
    Great episode killing and wildfire wise.

But yet again they have taken the book and wiped their bum with the pages. They're already ruining the Ayra Stark story, now they have this Tommen poisoning attempt. Looks like foreshadowing to another change, where Cersei will poison Joffrey instead of Littlefinger.

^^^^ Mate, might be an idea to take that rather large spoiler out of your post, there are a few posters in this thread that aren't book readers. Cheers.

I have to admit that I thought the Battle of the Blackwater was a major dissapointment after the book. I am looking forward to series three as I thought that was the best book so far. I don't know if anyone will make it through to the finale though as so many characters have been killed in the book

InsomniacOlympics is offline a different/unique title
    ^^^^ Mate, might be an idea to take that rather large spoiler out of your post, there are a few posters in this thread that aren't book readers. Cheers.
    The OP didn't say anything against spoilers, hence why I just went ahead with them. Plus there is only 1 spoiler in there.

Quote Originally Posted by InsomniacOlympics View Post
    The OP didn't say anything against spoilers, hence why I just went ahead with them. Plus there is only 1 spoiler in there.
    It does now.

Quote Originally Posted by angel102999 View Post
    best of both seasons in my opinion, even the ending credits bring a chill down your spine.
    The Rains of Castamere.

Anyome find that reading the books make you think differently about the characters in the show?
    I found the books make Daenarys appear like a brat (ie, I've got dragons and I want a kingdom NOW!)
    Also, Catelyn comes across a bit of a b#@$h in the books and really pompous and snobby.

Quote Originally Posted by hysen View Post
    Anyome find that reading the books make you think differently about the characters in the show?
    I found the books make Daenarys appear like a brat (ie, I've got dragons and I want a kingdom NOW!)
    Also, Catelyn comes across a bit of a b#@$h in the books and really pompous and snobby.
    Yes. Like nearly any television or movie adaptation, the story and build-up gets watered down a ridiculous amount.

Quote Originally Posted by hysen View Post
    Yeah, This second series has really turned me off Daenarys, she does come across just like you said, saying that, her chapters in the books are my least favourite anyways.

I think the writers/produces messed up a bit with Catelyn in the last episode, I think her decision to let Jaime go didn't quite make as much sense as it does in the books, as in she has heard about Theon killing Bran & Rickon in the books, so she is desperate to get Arya & Sansa back.

Yeah, This second series has really turned me off Daenarys, she does come across just like you said, saying that, her chapters in the books are my least favourite anyways.

I think the writers/produces messed up a bit with Catelyn in the last episode, I think her decision to let Jaime go didn't quite make as much sense as it does in the books, as in she has heard about Theon killing Bran & Rickon in the books, so she is desperate to get Arya & Sansa back.
    How did you react to Daenarys after the death of one of her hand maidens as I felt that she is reinforcing that, as Khaleesi, she does care about her people.

I have to agree with you about Bran & Rickon though

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    How did you react to Daenarys after the death of one of her hand maidens as I felt that she is reinforcing that, as Khaleesi, she does care about her people.

I have to agree with you about Bran & Rickon though
    Yeah, she does care about her people, but when she first arrived to the scene of murder, whilst kneeling over the dead body of her handmaiden her first reaction was to scream "Where are my Dragons!", she did appear more upset with her handmaidens/peoples deaths in the next episode though. I don't dislike her, she just doesn't interest me as much as other characters. I'm 1/4 of the way through book four so maybe this will change...

Yeah, she does care about her people, but when she first arrived to the scene of murder, whilst kneeling over the dead body of her handmaiden her first reaction was to scream "Where are my Dragons!", she did appear more upset with her handmaidens/peoples deaths in the next episode though. I don't dislike her, she just doesn't interest me as much as other characters. I'm 1/4 of the way through book four so maybe this will change...
    When I saw the featurette for Game of Thrones (Clash of Kings) with interviews of people like Peter Dinklage & Emilia Clarke. One of the actors (I think Emilia) said that there will be some characters who receives a shift of empathy from the audience because of how their story line develops in the second series over the first series. Ok there may still not be sympathy but there is an understanding of why a character will perform certain actions based on who they are and the situation they are in.

I think that trend will continue through the various books as they get adapted for TV. Although there are times I would love to slap Sansa and tell her to wake up and smell the coffee.

episode 9: EPIC!

sad that the next ep will be the season finale.

Kloppstachio is online now Academy prospect
    Brilliant Television ! Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister is the Boss of Bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsMan View Post
    Brilliant Television ! Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister is the Boss of Bosses.
    Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark makes the show for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasIsMyLeiva View Post
    Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark makes the show for me.
    Yes have to agree that the Tywin and Arya's exchanges has made for some brilliant drama and tension. But prior to that Arya was just a bratty but sharp Stark kid in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsMan View Post
    Yes have to agree that the Tywin and Arya's exchanges has made for some brilliant drama and tension. But prior to that Arya was just a bratty but sharp Stark kid in my eyes.
    Daenerys Targaryen and her dragons saga bore me to death everytime. couldn't care less what happens to her.

btw your username is most apt to the situation.

epic scene.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasIsMyLeiva View Post
    Daenerys Targaryen and her dragons saga bore me to death everytime. couldn't care less what happens to her.

btw your username is most apt to the situation.
    I have a feeling that the Dragons will have a role in protecting Westeros from the Others before its all said and done. And as for Daenerys, my favorite scene of hers was the one right after the fire in the finale of Season 1 ....tell me you didn't enjoy the sight of Emilia Clarke standing amidst the ashes in her Targaryen glory.

LukasBrodolski is offline Academy prospect
    Wasn't mad on last weeks episode considering theres only 1 episode before a longish season break

Spoilers:

I didn't like how her father just arrived from nowhere to save the day. I also assume Tyrion isn't dead, even though its a show/book not afraid to kill any of the main characters i just feel he is too strong a character to axe this quickly

Quote Originally Posted by LukasBrodolski View Post
    Wasn't mad on last weeks episode considering theres only 1 episode before a longish season break

Spoilers:

I didn't like how her father just arrived from nowhere to save the day. I also assume Tyrion isn't dead, even though its a show/book not afraid to kill any of the main characters i just feel he is too strong a character to axe this quickly
    As Eddard Stark found to his cost along with other characters in the finale and the next few series (if it follows the books). It doesn't matter how strong a character someone is - if his/her number is up then even the seven can't save them.

First time to post in this thread, but I waited for a good one, woo hoo is all I can say, really starting to look like some lord of the rings stuff up in here. The woman is on The 2nd book as well

Noooooo, just been told that this season is over

The finale was pretty damn good. Next season is going to be insane.
    Last edited by Yowa; 4-6-12 at 10:13.

can we haz season 3 plx

Quote Originally Posted by angel102999 View Post
    can we haz season 3 plx
    If you mean now no - we have to wait until 2013 to see what happens to people like Samwell Tarly but it is already registered on imdb as another 10 episode series.

Bit late on the scene myself. Just watching season 1. I take from this thread the books are just as good. Might have to give them a go

RichardCranium is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    As Eddard Stark found to his cost along with other characters in the finale and the next few series (if it follows the books). It doesn't matter how strong a character someone is - if his/her number is up then even the seven can't save them.
    That is one of the things I hate about these books. I almost stopped reading it after the Red Wedding. It also annoys me how in the 4th book they focus so much on the Iron Islands. I don't give a **** about the Iron Islands. I'm sure it will come into play later in the other books (I'm only about 150 pages into the 5th book and if that fat ******* takes another 6 years to finish the 6th one I will find him and do unspeakable things to him), but those chapters were kind of boring. And I'm sorry, you can't drink salt water like that. That's ridiculous. The uncle would have died from dehydration ages ago.

I think my main issue with the Iron Islands is the fact that that's where Theon is from. I'm fine with the Dorne storyline, but I like the Red Viper. I'm a little confused as to who the guy is in the tv show who is essentially Theon's right hand man. Is it his Uncle? Is it the ******* of Bolton? The last episode made it sound like he was from the Iron Islands. That doesn't make sense considering what happens in the books. And what about the Reeds?! The chapters involving Sansa and Dany are kind of boring as well, but at least they've been with you the whole time. For me it makes me want to see how their stories play out. The same cannot be said of the Iron Islands.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 4-6-12 at 18:09. Reason: for RogerHuntelaar :)