Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 2314

Thread: The Game of Thrones TV series thread

  1. #1 Default The Game of Thrones TV series thread 
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    ...in Westeros that is.

    Game of Thrones is back. Tonight on HBO. Can't wait!











    Sorry...

    To be fair to non-book readers can we please not post any spoilers when discussing the episodes, cheers.
    Last edited by YetAnotherNickname; 29-5-12 at 17:22.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    LukasBrodolski is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15,914
    Best HBO show going these days

    Gonna wait till a few episodes are out before starting though. I dont like the week long waits. Watched the first season in about 3 days, was ******* brilliant
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28,486
    Quote Originally Posted by LukasBrodolski View Post
    Best HBO show going these days

    Gonna wait till a few episodes are out before starting though. I dont like the week long waits. Watched the first season in about 3 days, was ******* brilliant
    To be honest, even if its only half as good a the first series it will still be better than 95% of whats on telly now
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    652
    Yeah seriously can't wait. I watched season 1 after it had finished on tv, so got through it in a week. I hate the thought of waiting a whole week for a new episode!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by angel102999 View Post
    To be honest, even if its only half as good a the first series it will still be better than 95% of whats on telly now
    True. Thing is if it follows the books (which I'm pretty sure it will) I'd say it's going to be even better than the first series, if that is possible.

    I'd love to be able to wait a few weeks and then watch a few episodes in one sitting, I do this sometimes, but I've been itching for this second series from the moment the first finished and It's quite likely as I'm a bit sad like that, that I'll wait up till the early hours so I can see my mate Mr.Torrence (Rallo™)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisisdrinkingmate View Post
    ...in Westeros that is.

    Game of Thrones is back. Tonight on HBO. Can't wait!


    Sorry...
    Well as Cersei said to Ned - You win or you die. I also can't wait although have read the books so be aware that it will be the same as before. No character is safe.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisisdrinkingmate View Post
    True. Thing is if it follows the books (which I'm pretty sure it will) I'd say it's going to be even better than the first series, if that is possible.

    I'd love to be able to wait a few weeks and then watch a few episodes in one sitting, I do this sometimes, but I've been itching for this second series from the moment the first finished and It's quite likely as I'm a bit sad like that, that I'll wait up till the early hours so I can see my mate Mr.Torrence (Rallo™)
    Im wierd then, because i started reading the books, but stopped because i really like watching the TV show and i kinda dont want to know what happens, i know they had a few variations hich is normal since its paper to the screen, but im still stuuned at how good it actually was on screen.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by angel102999 View Post
    Im wierd then, because i started reading the books, but stopped because i really like watching the TV show and i kinda dont want to know what happens, i know they had a few variations hich is normal since its paper to the screen, but im still stuuned at how good it actually was on screen.
    You are weird...

    I'm kinda the same, sort of, in that I'd not read the books before watching the first series and debated with myself for a long time whether to read them before the second series started. So as not to spoil it for myself. Gave in in the end and devoured the first 3 books in about a month. I'm glad I did as I re-watched the whole first series a couple of weeks ago and there are lot's of subtle moments or characters/places/events being mentioned that I'd missed on the first viewing that kinda stick out like sore thumbs now I've read the books. This second series should be epic.
    Last edited by YetAnotherNickname; 1-4-12 at 21:21.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28,486
    well i have just downloaded the first season again, so il watch it tonight then start straight onto s2.

    Btw is it going to be another 10 episodes again or is it more this time?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by angel102999 View Post
    well i have just downloaded the first season again, so il watch it tonight then start straight onto s2.

    Btw is it going to be another 10 episodes again or is it more this time?
    Yep, 10 episodes. 1st episode is called "The North Remembers".
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Cumbrian. is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35,969
    A Medieval fantasy starring Sean Bean. I'm sorry but it sounds ****.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian View Post
    A Medieval fantasy starring Sean Bean. I'm sorry but it sounds ****.
    Thanks for your much valued opinion.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    Cumbrian. is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35,969
    Quote Originally Posted by angel102999 View Post
    Thanks for your much valued opinion.
    Stop being a nob.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian View Post
    Stop being a nob.
    Did i come into a thread and **** off a tv show i seem to have not even seen?

    Who is the nob again?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    29,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian View Post
    A Medieval fantasy starring Sean Bean. I'm sorry but it sounds ****.
    I thought the same before I gave it a go but it is pretty epic. If it's not your sort of thing though then fair enough.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Cumbrian. is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35,969
    Quote Originally Posted by angel102999 View Post
    Did i come into a thread and **** off a tv show i seem to have not even seen?

    Who is the nob again?
    It's a discussion thread about a tv series. I said it looks ****. You belittled my opinion. You're the nob.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Cumbrian. is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35,969
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieAdamDontSurf View Post
    I thought the same before I gave it a go but it is pretty epic. If it's not your sort of thing though then fair enough.
    It doesn't look my sort of thing. It probably would be cool if it was though.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian View Post
    It's a discussion thread about a tv series. I said it looks ****. You belittled my opinion. You're the nob.
    Damn right i did when you say something is **** when you havent even seen it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Cumbrian. is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35,969
    Quote Originally Posted by angel102999 View Post
    Damn right i did when you say something is **** when you havent even seen it.
    I didn't say it was ****. I said it sounds ****. If you can't deal with that there's something wrong with you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian View Post
    I didn't say it was ****. I said it sounds ****. If you can't deal with that there's something wrong with you.
    Well thats a real distinction you make there, I take back my earlier comments wholeheartedly and profusely apologise for any offence caused.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Cumbrian. is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35,969
    Quote Originally Posted by angel102999 View Post
    Well thats a real distinction you make there, I take back my earlier comments wholeheartedly and profusely apologise for any offence caused.
    You haven't caused any offence just stop being a nob.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Jazzy-J is offline Most Amusing Forum Robson Green
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    50,082
    It's ace, and Cumbrian is ****.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    Cumbrian. is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35,969
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyHands View Post
    It's ace, and Cumbrian is ****.
    Can't believe se xy is censored.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian View Post
    Can't believe se xy is censored.
    It isnt - he was calling you a nob
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    Cumbrian. is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35,969
    Quote Originally Posted by -tattybojangles- View Post
    It isnt - he was calling you a nob
    Cumbrian is nob*? Nah it doesn't make sense.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,890
    So yeah back on topic, 9pm Sky Atlantic!!

    Can not wait for this, 1st season was epic
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    32,866
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze31 View Post
    So yeah back on topic, 9pm Sky Atlantic!!

    Can not wait for this, 1st season was epic


    Watched it this morning, not a great episode but still ok.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Watched it this morning, not a great episode but still ok.
    Yeah, was more of a 'setting' episode introducing quite a few new characters and locations. Was great to see Davos 'The Onion Knight' and Robb's Direwolf Grey Wind was boss.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by LukasBrodolski View Post
    Best HBO show going these days

    Gonna wait till a few episodes are out before starting though. I dont like the week long waits. Watched the first season in about 3 days, was ******* brilliant
    Same as that.

    Think I'll watch the first series again and wait until I've a few of the second sky+'d before watching.

    Great stuff,love getting lost in it for a few hours
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki-Taka View Post
    Same as that.

    Think I'll watch the first series again and wait until I've a few of the second sky+'d before watching.

    Great stuff,love getting lost in it for a few hours
    me too, wait five weeks, watch the first half, wait another five weeks and watch the second. Hour long is no good.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •