Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sexism in Football - BBC1 NOW

Once again footballs getting beaten with a stick.

I guess a "sexism in golf" - a real issue, wouldn't get the ratings....

I've been to golf clubs where women still aren't even allowed in the clubhouse! Bizarre, footballs deemed worse...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

RogerHuntelaar is offline First team regular
    How did those women get out of the kitchen? Someone should call their husbands.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerHuntelaar View Post
    How did those women get out of the kitchen? Someone should call their husbands.
    That saragreen in this thread needs to go put the kettle on and clean the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddockBeanie View Post
    Once again footballs getting beaten with a stick.

I guess a "sexism in golf" - a real issue, wouldn't get the ratings....

I've been to golf clubs where women still aren't even allowed in the clubhouse! Bizarre, footballs deemed worse...
    Goodpoint........ my local golf club allows female members but the snooker/pool room on the second floor is 100% male only........ never actually go up there tbh but you do make a VERY goodpoint.

As with most things based on discrimination, some things are blamed on discrimination, when in truth it is more likely that it wasn't up to scratch.

My case in point was Jacqui Oatley who commentated on MOTD, there was a section about the reaction she received after doing her first bit of commentating. I can honestly say it was possibly the worst commentary I have ever heard for a football match, not because it was a woman commentating on football. Purely because it was truly awful, whilst it wasn't the case apparently, it sounded like she was watching a re-run of the game and dubbed the commentary over the top, it was shocking. She isn't alone, there are male commentators who I think are just as bad.

I'm not saying she hasn't witnessed sexism, because sadly I could bet my house on it that she has. But not every negative reaction is purely based on the sex of a person.

Sian Massey on the other hand, some of the stuff spouted about her when she has been officiating, especially her first match was cringe worthy. Not because she was doing a poor job, if only she was at the sports direct arena, but based purely on her being a woman. Which is wrong and that is why two people lost their jobs. Although if true that Sky had been looking to get rid of them, then that may be the only reason it ever came to light.

The point about there being no women high up in the FA is a valid question, but lets face it, we are very well aware of how desperately our FA needs a reform to drag it into modern times and away from middle aged, middle class, white men who currently run the Farce Association.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanosdelgardo View Post
    That saragreen in this thread needs to go put the kettle on and clean the kitchen.
    Agreed. This is man's talk.

Last edited by RogerHuntelaar; 5-4-12 at 11:44. Reason: double post

-SilkySkills- is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Batfink View Post
    As with most things based on discrimination, some things are blamed on discrimination, when in truth it is more likely that it wasn't up to scratch.

My case in point was Jacqui Oatley who commentated on MOTD, there was a section about the reaction she received after doing her first bit of commentating. I can honestly say it was possibly the worst commentary I have ever heard for a football match, not because it was a woman commentating on football. Purely because it was truly awful, whilst it wasn't the case apparently, it sounded like she was watching a re-run of the game and dubbed the commentary over the top, it was shocking. She isn't alone, there are male commentators who I think are just as bad.

I'm not saying she hasn't witnessed sexism, because sadly I could bet my house on it that she has. But not every negative reaction is purely based on the sex of a person.

Sian Massey on the other hand, some of the stuff spouted about her when she has been officiating, especially her first match was cringe worthy. Not because she was doing a poor job, if only she was at the sports direct arena, but based purely on her being a woman. Which is wrong and that is why two people lost their jobs. Although if true that Sky had been looking to get rid of them, then that may be the only reason it ever came to light.

The point about there being no women high up in the FA is a valid question, but lets face it, we are very well aware of how desperately our FA needs a reform to drag it into modern times and away from middle aged, middle class, white men who currently run the Farce Association.
    I rate Sian Massey , she has done well and got some tough calls right ,she's also not a bad looker and that is a bonus , as for the commentator that was terrible sounded like she had a book in front of her with in game football terms.
    Last edited by -SilkySkills-; 5-4-12 at 12:57.

Quote Originally Posted by -IAmTheWumAndOnly- View Post
    I don't mean to sound horrible but the more i see Gabby the more i wonder if Gabby is a transvestite
    Hehehehe😂

Sexism ( its looks and sounds like a great word doesn't it )

Sexism ( its looks and sounds like a great word doesn't it )

cookyaggergarcia is online now Community Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanosdelgardo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerHuntelaar View Post
    Agreed. This is man's talk.
    Both of you be quiet, go take the rubbish out, mow the lawn, and wash the car.

Good job I know better than to take you fools seriously.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Pedant of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralRiddler View Post
    If a tree falls down in the middle of a rain forest and there is no one around to hear it, does that mean apple juice really played drums for the backstreet boys?
    What?

I think that Sexism in football is a disgrace. How else are the staff going to get their breakfast/lunch without them?

MiraclesArePossible is online now Pedant of the Season 2013-14
    I rate Sian Massey , she has done well and got some tough calls right ,she's also not a bad looker and that is a bonus , as for the commentator that was terrible sounded like she had a book in front of her with in game football terms.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by bilsland; 5-4-12 at 16:24. Reason: show some respect please this is the official site

Look, the program isn't bad

But football is a man's game, it's a complete fact. Football is a squad of 25 players at a football club, with male coaches.

I don't see the problem with people like Karen Brady and Gabby Logan for e.g., they take up roles as presenters, commentators, chief execs.. but it will always be male dominated.

Racism and now Sexism....FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Parrant View Post
    Racism and now Sexism....FFS
    Yeah, because all forms of discrimination are just great.

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    re op - roll on the apocalypse. I'm fed up with the BBC and political correctness.

I'm a lady. I WANT to watch MEN playing football, not lady men or lady boys or any other sexual permutation. I cannot abide women's football. The centre of gravity is all in the wrong place.
    CAn the BBC just shove it?

Quote Originally Posted by saragreen View Post
    Both of you be quiet, go take the rubbish out, mow the lawn, and wash the car.

Good job I know better than to take you fools seriously.

Hush now,man talk.

Quote Originally Posted by geralion View Post
    re op - roll on the apocalypse. I'm fed up with the BBC and political correctness.

I'm a lady. I WANT to watch MEN playing football, not lady men or lady boys or any other sexual permutation. I cannot abide women's football. The centre of gravity is all in the wrong place.
    CAn the BBC just shove it?
    Fair enough if that is how you personally feel about women's football, but that is not what the documentary was about. It was nothing to do with ''political correctness'', and wasn't about women's football either. It was about discrimination at work. This is an entirely different matter and there aren't any excuses for it, no matter how many people like to come up with.

How do people feel about cheerleaders in football ???
    Totally sexist job...always goes to gorgeous young girls in little skirts and never to the guys even if they are identically dressed...

Quote Originally Posted by RedGedinLA View Post
    Totally sexist job...always goes to gorgeous young girls in little skirts and never to the guys even if they are identically dressed...
    Sexist

-SilkySkills- is online now First team regular
    so you want to see more men in skirts ???

so you want to see more men in skirts ???
    Yes please! What could be more English?

Didn't watch the programme so can't comment on it or the issues it raised. I will say that women by definition, have never played at the highest level of football. Women's football is of an atrocious standard when compared to the male game. I'm all for women running women's teams, why on earth would one manage a top flight men's team? It's not just England, has any top flight European team got a woman manager? Put together the best players in the women's game and they'd be thrashed by a bunch on no hopers from the conference. That's life.

Quote Originally Posted by FarrokhBulsara View Post
    Didn't watch the programme so can't comment on it or the issues it raised. I will say that women by definition, have never played at the highest level of football. Women's football is of an atrocious standard when compared to the male game. I'm all for women running women's teams, why on earth would one manage a top flight men's team? It's not just England, has any top flight European team got a woman manager? Put together the best players in the women's game and they'd be thrashed by a bunch on no hopers from the conference. That's life.
    Not what the documentary was about in the first place, so yet another utterly irrelevant and pointless comment. Sigh. Shame so many round here don't seem to know which issues they are addressing in the first place, although not surprising. Makes you look completely daft, really.

For the record, I am totally in favour of men wearing little skirts...
    Last edited by cookyaggergarcia; 5-4-12 at 19:47.

Quote Originally Posted by saragreen View Post
    Not what the documentary was about in the first place, i yet another utterly irrelevant and pointless comment. Sigh. Shame so many round here don't seem to know which issues they are addressing in the first place, although not surprising. Makes you look completely daft, really.

For the record, I am totally in favour of men wearing little skirts...
    I did start by saying i had not seen it. It's my two penneth worth. I did see an article during the week which stated Lawrie Sanchez did foresee a women's coach in the top flight in the next 10 years. Does that have any relevance?