Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite holiday destination and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatake View Post
    Had a great time in New York and Miami was just amazing. It just makes me wonder why I live in dreary England...

Would love to visit Thailand, Hong Kong and maybe even Indonesia/Malaysia.
    Was there last week. Incredible place really. Changed SO much from the last time I was there about 8 years back.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Redhead is online now Luvvy of the year (Or Recognition if you must)...
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyandtheHenderson View Post
    They're very arrogant, I'd ask for directions and get blanked 9/10 times, you must have noticed it wasn't the most welcoming city in the world?
    New York for me too. Found the place to be truly amazing.

I thought the people were great, been lucky enough to go twice and one of those was on my own. Met some great people, helpful and friendly.

There could be another reasoning behind your encounters Kennyand, whenever you go to any major city do you generally find the people arrogant and unhelpful? There could be another explanation if that is the case?

Orlando florida blew me away.

Canada, anywhere along the west coast!

Beautiful scenery, can get to Whistler on my bike, some excellent surf on Vancouver Island, decent diving and the people are out of this world!

BilbaoBaggins is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    New York for me too. Found the place to be truly amazing.

I thought the people were great, been lucky enough to go twice and one of those was on my own. Met some great people, helpful and friendly.

There could be another reasoning behind your encounters Kennyand, whenever you go to any major city do you generally find the people arrogant and unhelpful? There could be another explanation if that is the case?
    You might be on to something there.
    Seriously though, I love going to the citys, I've always met nice people in Liverpool, London, Florida even Manchester, Not every New Yorker is arrogant though, just a lot of them.

Redhead is online now Luvvy of the year (Or Recognition if you must)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Batfink View Post
    Canada, anywhere along the west coast!

Beautiful scenery, can get to Whistler on my bike, some excellent surf on Vancouver Island, decent diving and the people are out of this world!
    Most of my extended family live in Vancouver and I've been lucky enough to visit there a few times. The skiing at Whistler was amazing, and fishing around the Islands was fantastic. Loved the City of Vancouver

Liverdinner is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyandtheHenderson View Post
    They're very arrogant, I'd ask for directions and get blanked 9/10 times, you must have noticed it wasn't the most welcoming city in the world?
    I noticed they don't bother moving out of your way or holding doors or anything.

That said, in restaurants theyre very friendly and some guy ran about 100 yards with some wet wipes after one of us fell over and cut their knee.

argeles sur mer, on the silver coast, a poor mans south of france, pity its full of french alas! need the hot weather but it was a terrific holiday, cheap too!

Sharm el sheikh for diving if I want to completely relax can't go wrong with bretagne.