I actually think our squad isn't bad, it's just we lack about 3 special players which is something that we have had in the past. We need a proper striker (fowler/owen/torres), creative winger/forward (Macmanan, Beardo, Barnes) Central Play maker (Alonso, Molby, Redknapp). Add those type of players of there type of quality to our squad and we would be in the top 3 without a doubt IMO.
We're easily one of the worst run clubs in England. In the PL, only Blackburn gives us competition. I don't know why people have a problem admitting this. Once we admit it, we can lobby for change. Until we admit it, we're stuck in a downward spiral. We simply cannot be successful if we keep at it the way we've have.
It's awfull, so many average players who need to play out of their skin to get to an acceptable level.
We have no goal scorers in the middle or up top, our defense without agger is awfull.
100m spent yet we are 30 points away from the scum, those stats don't bode well for kenny.
All this stems from the pre season we looked poor then, we gave away the only player creating anything in Aquilani, the new players looked average to poor.
I honestly think we are three years away from a cl spot with the players we have signed to 4/5 year contracts.
Another summer clear out needed, massive losses on ***** players. For one if we dont buy a striker to complement Luis we might as well flog suarez and hold onto donkey Carroll and carbon copy how Nufc played when he was half decent, depressing.
Little footballing talent at the club for the money spent.
2) RE: better options upfront: 04/05 we had cisse, baros, kewell, garcia, gerrard, riise, pongolle, mellor etc...now its suarez, carroll, kuyt, bellamy, gerrard you said "better options" i disagree
http://en.eufo.de/index/squad/liverpool-fc/2004-05 link to the squad
http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stat...epositions.htm link to the goals scored in the league that season 52, we are currently on 37 so that team had more goals unless in our remaining 6 games we score 15 goals or more, it can be done....but i doubt it.
3) You said better keepers maybe but dudek/kirkland/carson aren't that inferior to reina/doni/b jones
That's why i thought u were being sarcastic.....fair play if not
For the guy who said 2005 sqaud is worse than this, what a joke. The side who got to carling cup final and champions league final iin same season and finished just a few points off 4th. Compared to this squad where the likes of jay spearing, Henderson and Adam are plausible starters. We lack quality, heart and ambition.
2) Riise and Gerrard were not attackers, Kewell was injured all the time, Ciise was out for most of the season with the broken leg, Sinama-Pongolle and Mellor weren't anything special and you forgot Maxi and Downing.
3) Reina and Doni are established internationals, and far better than Dudek and Carson.
2) Risse Gerrard got goals and if you're including maxi/downing riise played left wing plenty had a great shot on him, eitherway don't disregard the FACT: 52 goals that season 37 goals so far this season
3) like i said this season pepe has been poor and doni you cannot judge much he barely plays, carson played a vital part in the champions league run the great save against juve comes to mind....dudek was great that season so agree to disagree.
Last edited by JAZZY; 8-4-12 at 16:27.
lets all take the goggles off we are awfull kenny says we have progressed yet we look like a mid table side. no matter how we look at it we once again for the 5th concecutive season need another 5 or 6 top players.
Question you have to raise is - how many of those players would be playing at Arsenal,City,Spurs,Manure or Chelsea! The answer is maybe a handful - this kinda tells you how good our squad is!!!!
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|