Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 1,411 to 1,427 of 1427

Thread: Pre & In Game Thread: Liverpool V Everton *FA Cup Semi-Final* 14 April K/O 12:30

  1. #1411  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    36,621
    Quote Originally Posted by GoinOnMern View Post
    Does anybody feel sorry for Distin? I'm not asking if you feel sorry for Everton, just Distin. I mean, that's what he will be remembered for for the rest of his Everton career.
    No but I wonder if any Everton fans turned on him as quick as some of our fans turned on Carra.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #1412  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,393
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheRed View Post
    No but I wonder if any Everton fans turned on him as quick as some of our fans turned on Carra.
    His inclusion in the starting line up was debatable and it was only natural people reacted more angrily that he has made mistake yet again.
    It's not his first mistake this season remember.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #1413  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by GoinOnMern View Post
    Does anybody feel sorry for Distin? I'm not asking if you feel sorry for Everton, just Distin. I mean, that's what he will be remembered for for the rest of his Everton career.
    im delighted for him
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #1414  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by GoinOnMern View Post
    Does anybody feel sorry for Distin? I'm not asking if you feel sorry for Everton, just Distin. I mean, that's what he will be remembered for for the rest of his Everton career.
    Sorry for Distin? No, not at all.
    I don't feel sorry for Carra either for his mishap in the first half. These guys are professionals, and they simply just did a poor job at those moments.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #1415  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheRed View Post
    In a perfect world I'd agree with you.

    However this is not a perfect world. Maxi in my opinion should be given more starts on the right.

    Bellamy however has bad knees is in his 30's and has had a few bad injuries. If he was physically able to play back to back games then yes he should start however he isnt and I am more than happy to have him as an impact sub when defenders are getting tired.
    Agreed. So somebody explain to me why he is always being played on the left? And vice-versa for Downing?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #1416  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,202
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Agreed. So somebody explain to me why he is always being played on the left? And vice-versa for Downing?
    To me it seems he wants them coming inside rather than down the wings and putting in a cross, hence the oppsite sides.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #1417  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvonuk View Post
    To me it seems he wants them coming inside rather than down the wings and putting in a cross, hence the oppsite sides.
    I understand that. But why? We have Andy in the middle (at least that's where he should be) waiting for some service. We have Stevie in the middle. So Kenny plays these guys on the opposite side so the cut in and crowed the area instead of stretching the defense? I am not getting it!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #1418  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,549
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    I understand that. But why? We have Andy in the middle (at least that's where he should be) waiting for some service. We have Stevie in the middle. So Kenny plays these guys on the opposite side so the cut in and crowed the area instead of stretching the defense? I am not getting it!
    That is the peculiar thing. When you play with inverted wingers, you don't play with a target man. Inverted wingers mean you play narrower, and so it is harder to deliver the service a target man wants in the penalty area.

    I understand if the wingers switch over in a match to try something different, and test each other's fullback, but for it to be a main strategy when Carroll plays is a bit of a head scratcher.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #1419  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,202
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    I understand that. But why? We have Andy in the middle (at least that's where he should be) waiting for some service. We have Stevie in the middle. So Kenny plays these guys on the opposite side so the cut in and crowed the area instead of stretching the defense? I am not getting it!
    Yea i dont get it fully but im not a manager or coach so i dont always expect to understand something. I think that it does not mean it is wrong just because we dont see why though, Im pretty sure there is more to it than we know. I think maybe he wants us playing the ball to feet more than just whipping in cross after cross, afterall crossing is not the only thing andy can thrive on and i dont really rate crossing as being that succesfull against alot of defences anyway myself.
    Yes crossing can get a goal or two but i think we need to mix it up more than just play one way all the time.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #1420  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvonuk View Post
    Yea i dont get it fully but im not a manager or coach so i dont always expect to understand something. I think that it does not mean it is wrong just because we dont see why though, Im pretty sure there is more to it than we know. I think maybe he wants us playing the ball to feet more than just whipping in cross after cross, afterall crossing is not the only thing andy can thrive on and i dont really rate crossing as being that succesfull against alot of defences anyway myself.
    Yes crossing can get a goal or two but i think we need to mix it up more than just play one way all the time.
    Not every cross is 7' in the air. Just look at the havoc Suarez creats sometimes when he goes wide and then cuts in along the goal line. If you are on your weak side (Maxi on the left, Downing on the right) you can't do that as effective.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #1421  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,659
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheRed View Post
    No but I wonder if any Everton fans turned on him as quick as some of our fans turned on Carra.
    Except Carra has been crap for 2 seasons running and cost us many games and points, almost cost us the semi too, did all he could to try and get Everton into the final.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #1422  
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrhard View Post
    Except Carra has been crap for 2 seasons running and cost us many games and points, almost cost us the semi too, did all he could to try and get Everton into the final.
    he was excellent the 2nd half.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #1423  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisKarloff View Post
    he was excellent the 2nd half.
    He was better in the 2nd half, that's true, but there's been signs lately that he soon will have to consider his future.
    And he could do well as a 4th choice for next season, without becoming too much of a liability.

    Just an observation, so to speak. In a similar situation as when Everton scored, a few years ago Carra would have hoofed away both the ball and Agger (and probably Cahill as well...)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #1424  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,352
    Official, Phil Dowd will ref the final
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #1425  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    few things....

    1.why the hell did carra start?
    2.what was agger doing at lb when enrique was on the bench?
    3.has carra got too much power over kenny that he has to start/undroppable?
    4.why the hell was jordan henderson playing left wing second half?
    5.why change to a flat 4-4-2 when we have been playing brilliant in 4-2-3-1?

    if any of that happens in the final against chelsea we will lose
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #1426  
    RedMammoth is offline at night, shepherds take fright
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by LuCaSLlOyD View Post
    few things....

    1.why the hell did carra start?
    2.what was agger doing at lb when enrique was on the bench?
    3.has carra got too much power over kenny that he has to start/undroppable?
    4.why the hell was jordan henderson playing left wing second half?
    5.why change to a flat 4-4-2 when we have been playing brilliant in 4-2-3-1?

    if any of that happens in the final against chelsea we will lose
    1) Because Kenny thought he was the best option.
    2) Because Agger is more solid defensively, I assume.
    3) The most ridiculous point you make. He's been on the bench for the majority of the season.
    4) To enable Downing to play wide right, where he was very dangerous.
    5) Last time I checked, our recent form before the Blackburn game was woeful.

    I know you're devastated that we won, but please try harder next time.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •