Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Confirmed To Be In Talks With Ever Banega.

1. #1 Default Liverpool Confirmed To Be In Talks With Ever Banega. 
    Reliable Liverpool journalist Steven Martin, contributor to the Anfield Wrap, has confirmed Liverpool are in talks with Valencia over Ever Banega. He has also said that Liverpool are in talks with Feyenoord over a swap deal for Dirk Kuyt, but did say who that swap deal was for.

Thoughts?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Ah yes, now that would be a good signing, id say he would be cheaper than martinez and i actualy rate banega more than him, banega and lucas in the midfield with stevie, now that would be top 4 potential, now for the dreaded wings

Hope this is true and the calibre of player we will sign this summer

Great.

He ran over his own foot and we went, "yeah, this is the guy we need!"

MaxB is online now nimble, MaxB quick
    Glad to see we are looking for a higher quality of player this summer.

Decent player, all round midfielder, would be more than happy with him signing. Great playmaker and can tackle as well, something Charlie Adam failed miserably to produce.

holywood is online now Community Moderator
    Hmm, had his problems but I did rate him a few years ago.

I would be so chuffed if we signed him, only seen him play a few times (inc at anfield) but he looks like a proper mid, tackles, passes and shoots. He and Lucas could give us the base for a 3 or 4 man midfield, with Gerrard, Henderson and shelvey too this one transfer would sort our midfield for a few years.

CB, winger and striker would be all we need then. Simples!

So we sacked the man in charge of transfers and now we're buying players?

Com'on now. Use your head. This is just some journalist making noise about nothing. We don't have a man in place to buy players so how exactly are we going to buy a player? Especially considering the transfer market doesn't open for another 3 months and Ever Banega will attract some major teams.

Quote Originally Posted by RossMosh View Post

Com'on now. Use your head. This is just some journalist making noise about nothing. We don't have a man in place to buy players so how exactly are we going to buy a player? Especially considering the transfer market doesn't open for another 3 months and Ever Banega will attract some major teams.
    I don't see how it's not possible. It's not uncommon for a deal to be agreed between clubs over a player well before the transfer window, and the loss of Comolli hasn't prevented our scouts from doing their job and providing the club with some interesting players (hell, we don't exactly know what Comolli actually did, if it was merely to oversee transfers surely someone else can do it). And Banega has yet to attract any real interest from major teams, and judging from the midfield situation in the current top teams his options aren't exactly great in number.

Wish it was true. A top quality player. Next to Lucas, we wouldn't need to be scared of any teams. They would boss the 90minutes. Him, a great winger and a quality striker, and we are sorted.

Doubt there's any truth in this though.

Hobbes. is online now Bandwagon jumper of the year
    Haven't really seen him play but I hear he's good...

Quote Originally Posted by Panic-Button View Post
    Haven't really seen him play but I hear he's good...
    Think keith Chegwin overdosed on calpol.

Quote Originally Posted by aFridge View Post
    I don't see how it's not possible. It's not uncommon for a deal to be agreed between clubs over a player well before the transfer window, and the loss of Comolli hasn't prevented our scouts from doing their job and providing the club with some interesting players (hell, we don't exactly know what Comolli actually did, if it was merely to oversee transfers surely someone else can do it). And Banega has yet to attract any real interest from major teams, and judging from the midfield situation in the current top teams his options aren't exactly great in number.
    Scouts? We don't need a scout to look at Ever Banega. He's a top 10 CM in the world. Comolli's job was buying and selling players. The idea we're in advanced negotiations with a player when we just sacked our Director of Football is idiocy. Add in the fact that Ever Banega is probably on United, Milan, Chelsea, City, and about 2-3 other top team's transfer list and you think he's signing for us in April? Seriously? Give.Me. A.Break

Great news if true.

He's still only 23, seems to have been around much longer than that. Out injured for another four months so would miss pre-season if we did sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennysdogleash View Post
    Banega isnt anywhere near Top 10 cmfs in the world.
    Alonso, Gerrard, Lucas, Iniesta, Xavi, Boateng, Sweinsteigger, Busquets, Yaya Toure, Paul Scholes ,Sneider , Mvilla, Pastore, Hamsyk, Martinez, Fabregas
    These from the top of my head are all better than him.
    SHOCKINGLY BAD POST.....

Scholes is over the hill, mvila WILL BE quality but really top 10 right now because he's good playing for a 2nd rate team in the french league dream on....

Hamsik is an attacking player wouldn't call him a centre mid as such, same for pastore. (just noticed u included sneidjer fair play)

Doubt lucas would make top 10 either.

I have followed banega (ie not just youtube) and he's exactly the quality we need, NO ONE REMEMBER PRE-SEASON against valencia banega played some great passes and looks so comfortable on the ball (but he's got a few attitude problems and is injured because he ran over his own foot)

If we get him great i won't hold my breath because he is quality and i'm sure other teams will be interested and with comolli gone the deal will be delayed until hes replaced.
    Last edited by JAZZY; 13-4-12 at 18:04.

He's more a fighter rather than a goal scorer from his midfield position, but if true, I think he could be a very useful signing.
    BUT we need more goals, so in addition there must be a real top class striker. The rumor indicated a player from Feyenoord, but that cannot be a striker.
    Banega and Soldado would do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZY View Post
    SHOCKINGLY BAD POST.....

Scholes is over the hill, mvila WILL BE quality but really top 10 right now because he's good playing for a 2nd rate team in the french league dream on....

Hamsik is an attacking player wouldn't call him a centre mid as such, same for pastore. (just noticed u included sneidjer fair play)

Doubt lucas would make top 10 either.

I have followed banega (ie not just youtube) and he's exactly the quality we need, NO ONE REMEMBER PRE-SEASON against valencia banega played some great passes and looks so comfortable on the ball (but he's got a few attitude problems and is injured because he ran over his own foot)

If we get him great i won't hold my breath because he is quality and i'm sure other teams will be interested and with comolli gone the deal will be delayed until hes replaced.
    He's clearly a manc. look at his name Kennysdogleash.....

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDeeeee View Post
    Reliable Liverpool journalist Steven Martin, contributor to the Anfield Wrap, has confirmed Liverpool are in talks with Valencia over Ever Banega. He has also said that Liverpool are in talks with Feyenoord over a swap deal for Dirk Kuyt, but did say who that swap deal was for.

Thoughts?
    This is great if true (Banega)

Can you provide a link to Steven Martin saying this ?

Quote Originally Posted by RossMosh View Post

This was my immediate thought too.

I also find him a surprising target, considering he's:

a) A bit of a nutjob.
    b) Just run over his own foot, although I'm not quite sure when he's supposed to recover by.

AlessoAfrojackAvicii is online now Directors Box
    I can't see it happening, there is no link anyway. Only word of mouth from some journalist.

If it does though, I'd have Gerrard on the right, with Lucas and Banega in the middle. Get rid of Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by GoinOnMern View Post
    I can't see it happening, there is no link anyway. Only word of mouth from some journalist.

If it does though, I'd have Gerrard on the right, with Lucas and Banega in the middle. Get rid of Adam.
    I think we will start using Stevie sparingly similar to Scholes as it will allow Shelvey to progress. If there are 2 players we cannot afford to let stall it is Sterling & Shelvey. 2 home made potential world beaters

He is great player much better than Adam & Henderson.
    Henderson should be loaned out next season. He played a lot of games and still he showed nothing.

originalrkid is offline Armchair supporter
    Adam should be sold and carroll and henderson need a loan were in the europa league so we need to buy some young talented foreign players like Iker munian, Matias Suarez, Eden hazard, mario gotze and maybe bangea but we need finishers as well we have yet again got a busy summer

Quote Originally Posted by originalrkid View Post
    Adam should be sold and carroll and henderson need a loan were in the europa league so we need to buy some young talented foreign players like Iker munian, Matias Suarez, Eden hazard, mario gotze and maybe bangea but we need finishers as well we have yet again got a busy summer
    I would love to see Banega, Hazard and Llorente in Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by cehic View Post
    He is great player much better than Adam & Henderson.
    Henderson should be loaned out next season. He played a lot of games and still he showed nothing.
    Could not agree more about Henderson!

Banega would be a great addition. The source of the rumour is a bit dubious, but I'd be more than happy for this to be true.

Banega will be a very good addition while Nuri Sahin will be an excellent one.