Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rugby League

Looks like Warrington will be meeting your Bradford boys in the Challenge Cup Adam ! Best of luck, however, i hope we win
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by LForshC View Post
    That's brilliant lad! Made up for you and the club. All the fans who have stuck with them deserve it, they really don't deserve to collapse.

And haha yep! Leeds are always big favourites for the grand final, you know what they are like...haha. And we have quite a few Warriors fans surprisingly in Warrington but a lot of them are Wiganers who have moved in. That's the thing about rugby too, ll the clubs are so close to each other that you usually get quite a few sets of supporters in any area!
    Cheers mate things look like were hopefully going to be seeing the back of it soon, thankfully.

Yeah I suppose its always good banter with the opposing fans haha It does indeed, if its anything like the other week then we could be in for a good game but your men will definitely go in as the favourites haha
    Last edited by AdamJ1; 17-4-12 at 12:24.

partlydave is offline First team regular
    I had an email today from Wigan Warriors with a special offer on for their game against Hull KR on Friday May 4th.
    2 adults, 2 kids, 4 pies, 4 soft drinks,match programme, car park space all for 65. Seems like a good deal

My mrs is from Leeds so I've been to a few games lately.. the play off against warrington and the grand final being the pick of the bunch.

RotationPolicy is offline Academy prospect
    Melbourne Storm are 8 from 8 so far this season. With arguably three of the best players in the world, Slater, Cronk and Smith it's no wonder!

Quote Originally Posted by pArTlYdAvE- View Post
    I had an email today from Wigan Warriors with a special offer on for their game against Hull KR on Friday May 4th.
    2 adults, 2 kids, 4 pies, 4 soft drinks,match programme, car park space all for 65. Seems like a good deal
    That does seem like a good deal ! Rugby League costs peanuts to go and watch compared to football. Got my ticket for tomorrows Warrington vs Bradford Challenge Cup match for free with my season ticket and i and going with some family too and they can take their two kids for a fiver each.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-Morris-6 View Post
    My mrs is from Leeds so I've been to a few games lately.. the play off against warrington and the grand final being the pick of the bunch.
    That play off broke my heart ... Leeds always step up their game in the play offs, they played superb last season and deserved that grand final spot fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationPolicy View Post
    Melbourne Storm are 8 from 8 so far this season. With arguably three of the best players in the world, Slater, Cronk and Smith it's no wonder!
    That's a pretty damn good record ! Wonder if they can keep it up ! The NRL produces some of the best players in the world, Super League is good, but NRL at its best is on a whole other level.

That does seem like a good deal ! Rugby League costs peanuts to go and watch compared to football. Got my ticket for tomorrows Warrington vs Bradford Challenge Cup match for free with my season ticket and i and going with some family too and they can take their two kids for a fiver each.
    its a good day out at a reasonable price for a family

looks like Featherstone put up a good show against Wigan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/17833816

If I manage to get myself a job in Liverpool when I finish Uni, I'm going to start following a rugby league team I think. The question is: Who?

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosCarraGoonies View Post
    If I manage to get myself a job in Liverpool when I finish Uni, I'm going to start following a rugby league team I think. The question is: Who?
    youve got a choice, St Helens, Warrington, Widnes Wigan

its a good day out at a reasonable price for a family

looks like Featherstone put up a good show against Wigan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/17833816
    Yeah, its brilliant! And they did superbly, i hadn't planned on watching the game but i saw it on TV and couldn't resist as their first two tries were spectacular for a lower league team against Wigan !

From a biased point of view, i'm going to recommend Warrington But i don't think you are going to get any un-biased views from rugby fans, so i would just watch a few games on tele and see who you take to ! Warrington Wigan and Saints are the best options of course, all three have brilliant followings and are top quality sides

Again, a biased point of view but......Bradford.
    We could do with the fans haha

youve got a choice, St Helens, Warrington, Widnes Wigan
    From a biased point of view, i'm going to recommend Warrington But i don't think you are going to get any un-biased views from rugby fans, so i would just watch a few games on tele and see who you take to ! Warrington Wigan and Saints are the best options of course, all three have brilliant followings and are top quality sides
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ1 View Post
    Again, a biased point of view but......Bradford.
    We could do with the fans haha
    Haha! Cheers, lads! I've no idea who I'll choose, I'm actually considering Widnes as it's the only one of those places I've been to! Also, I couldn't be called a glory-hunter

Haha! Cheers, lads! I've no idea who I'll choose, I'm actually considering Widnes as it's the only one of those places I've been to! Also, I couldn't be called a glory-hunter
    Haha yeah wouldn't want that ! Like i said watch a few games on Sky Sports and see who you take to ! Doesn't have to be a top side, those at the top have a long way to fall, but those at the bottom have much more to gain ! Like Warrington, going back a decade we were far from a top team, but we have worked our way up ! As will other clubs in the future !