Notices
Closed Thread

Thread: Matt CM: Your and our duty to The King

1. #1 Default Matt CM: Your and our duty to The King 
    TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast is offline LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    Matt, please take a read of the post of WFMM, on page 101 of the big Official Comolli thread.

Please explain to me how such inaccurate, offensive, borderline libellous portrayals of Kenny Dalglish are allowed to stand.

Then read my response - the most restrained i could possibly give in the face of such a vile agenda - and tell me that i shouldn't be replying to such filth in stronger terms without getting banned.

Do we not owe The King more than this? To have his reputation among our fan base polluted by ungrateful impatient fans who want success yesterday, and care not which LFC institution they **** on in their pursuit of it.

There are many good features of these boards, but just lately the amount of toxic posts i come across, and the amount of times i find myself defending our leader in the face of unfounded attacks from our own fans, suggests that a change of policy might be required.

Please do not reply with 'education is the answer', because i've tried, and they don't want to learn, they just want to abuse Kenneth Dalglish.

The real answer, is to abuse them back, but you won't allow that.

So, what is the answer?
    Last edited by TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast; 13-4-12 at 20:38.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

OldSniperwolfy96 is offline The boy that cried sniperwolf!
    REDFAN, I told you to moderate on their

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/threads...17#post7395317

On a serious note, some stuff said about Kenny isn't right too.
    Last edited by OldSniperwolfy96; 13-4-12 at 20:35.

50P-WSTB-Head is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PatienceWillPay View Post
    Matt, please take a read of the post of WFMM, on page 101 of the big Official Comolli thread.

Please explain to me how such inaccurate, offensive, borderline libellous portrayals of Kenny Dalglish are allowed to stand.

Then read my response - the most restrained i could possibly give in the face of such a vile agenda - and tell me that i shouldn't be replying to such filth in stronger terms without getting banned.

Do we not owe The King more than this? To have his reputation among our fan base polluted by ungrateful impatient fans who want success yesterday, and care not which LFC institution they **** on in their pursuit of it.

There are many good features of these boards, but just lately the amount of toxic posts i come across, and the amount of times i find myself defending our leader in the face of unfounded attacks from our own fans, suggests that a change of policy might be required.

Please do not reply with 'education is the answer', because i've tried, and they don't want to learn, they just want to abuse Kenneth Dalglish.

The real answer, is to abuse them back, but you won't allow that.

So, what is the answer?
    Its not stopped you, you're always insulting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by 50pHead View Post
    Its not stopped you, you're always insulting someone.

On a serious note, it is difficult to get a point across to certain posters on here, regardless of whether I agree with what Higgy is saying or not in this case.

-SilkySkills- is online now First team regular

So we all have to say "everything is perfect"?

People have a right to their opinion. (as long as it's not being abusive). That is what makes the forums tick. Otherwise what would be the point? It's for people to come in and have an opinion and all because you dont agree with it shouldnt mean they cant have one.

Right now more than ever people will be having a say on the Dalglish/Comolli situation. Who signed who, was it Kenny or was Comolli who done this or that ect. And again it is very justified asking will Kenny get sacked too given how ruthlessly they sacked the Red Sox coach.

From what I've seen most do support him but are asking questions. And why shouldnt they? Were 33 points off the top and have won 3 league games this year. And most of our signings havent worked out.

Like I said people have a right to their opinion just as you have a right to yours and as long as it's not abusive then the isnt a problem and I think the mods have managed things very well.

But it is abusive. That's the point.

That you missed.

[QUOTE=PatienceWillPay;7396504]But it is abusive. That's the point.

I get his point but from the posts I've seen the worst it's got is people saying he doesnt know what he's doing or he's a ***** manager. Or they hope he gets sacked. I dont know if he's classing them as abusive as that's the worst I've personally seen but if the op is then I would disagree and say the above are opinions not abuse.

Don Cumbrian is offline First team regular
    Higgy lad you're too old for this ****.

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed is offline Academy prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian View Post
    I know.

Higgy,

I've just looked at the post you reference in your OP and to be perfectly honest having read it twice and then read your response to it on the face of it and the merit of the individual post I feel that your reply was over the top and wide of the mark.

I will concede that I do not know any back story which may exist and I will openly admit that I have not spent much time in my old haunt of EST FD in recent months so I am unaware of WFMM's stance on Kenny.

That being said, I can only stress that everyone is entitled to an opinion, as we've seen in the past, not everyone will agree and not everyone will share the same opinion.

You and I have not always seen eye to eye on some things.

As always and this stance has never changed, any comment which crosses the line of opinion to out and out abusive and insulting comments directed towards a club staff member we (the mods) will step in and take what action is required.

If you come across any post which you feel crosses this line then please report it instead of replying, allow us (the mods) to discuss it in the staff room and if required discuss it with Matt also. I cant stress enough that just because we are not visibly taking action on reports action is taken.

In the mean time I will advise Matt that you have taken the time to highlight your concerns in this post and hopefully he will reply to you as soon as he can, I'd ask that you'd have some patience though considering the weekend thats in it Matt may not be in a position to dedicate the time your post deserves until Monday.

(I know the above may come across as party line or me fobbing you off, I trust you know me better than that now though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian View Post
    He becomes more like Dave00 with every passing week.
    Last edited by -CADS-; 13-4-12 at 21:50.

ForkHandles is offline Boot Room insider
    I'm going to lock this soon until Matt can have a look.

Personally i'm not sure what you expect to happen, we can't ban people for their opinions, it's free speech no matter how much you disagree with them. You should either carry on debating with someone or ignore them, not rise to them.

Thanks for the reply John.

But i think it's a bit naive that the only way you can offend Kenny is to call him an expletive.

Fork - these are the official forums. Surely a certain standard of respect to our legends has to be encouraged.

Don Cumbrian is offline First team regular

But i think it's a bit naive that the only way you can offend Kenny is to call him an expletive.

Fork - these are the official forums. Surely a certain standard of respect to our legends has to be encouraged.
    Modern day Liverpool legends - Dalglish, Souness, Rush, Barnes, Fowler, Gerrard.

2 of them 6 will always come in for criticism and unfortunately be disrespected on here, Gerrard and Dalglish. Because they are still playing/managing the club.
    Last edited by Don Cumbrian; 13-4-12 at 22:03.

Yes, i agree.

Wrong, isn't it.

I'd add Carra to the list.

I don't enjoy seeing Kenny getting disrespected either but the fact is he's the manager, so he's going to dominate the debates as previous managers have and there's always going to be people on either side of the argument, some more extreme than others. Without resorting to censorship, there's not much that can be done from upstairs unless someone crosses the line.

Obviously any personal abuse will get deleted if reported.

Can personal abuse take the form of implication?

Can personal abuse take the form of implication?
    Well, it's not black and white, i was talking about direct insults in my previous post. In terms of implication, it'd have to pretty convincing to warrant any action being taken.

All the names Cumbrian mentioned come in for different levels of criticism/abuse at times as well as every player at the club, past and present, only censorship would stop that and clearly we don't want that.

Also, there's less room for manouvre on the official site compared to independent sites.

Ok. I appreciate your time here, Fork. I know i can be a pain at times.

But - if you look at my original post, i'm asking how we should deal with it.

When i see a post like that, and i want to virtually throttle him through my screen, how should i react to it, because education doesn't work, and just letting it slide isn't an option.

Ok. I appreciate your time here, Fork. I know i can be a pain at times.

But - if you look at my original post, i'm asking how we should deal with it.

When i see a post like that, and i want to virtually throttle him through my screen, how should i react to it, because education doesn't work, and just letting it slide isn't an option.
    No worries.

From a personal point of view, either debate or ignore, but definitely not rise to it.

Not much else i can add to what's been said, without telling you stuff you already know. I'll probably lock in a mo until Matt can answer, although doubt there's much more he can add to it.