Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Manchester City Fire Sale!

1. #1 Fowler Manchester City Fire Sale! 
    Rumours doing the rounds are that Mancini will only be allowed to bring in new players this summer if he is able to generate funds from sales in oder for City not to fall foul of the financial fair play rules (although I think that ship has sailed).

With this is mind, it is unlikely that we will be spending 40m-50m+ net on transfer this summer.

Players who have been liked with the City exit door at some point through the seaons are Tevez, Baloteli, Dezko, Adebayor, Adam Johnson, Milner, De Jong, Kolarov, and possibly others.

Whilst these are all rumours and it is unlikely we would be able to afford some of these players transfer fees and salaries, my question to you is which of these players would you be happy for us to sign.

For me I would like us to sign Adam Johnson and possibly Adebayor (depending on whether Carroll is still here in the summer). I think we could probably sign both players for 25m.

Kolarov and De Jong interest me, but would've only be interested in Kolarov had we not signed Enrique last summer and De Jong if we were to move on someone like Spearing

Bare in mind, we signed Bellamy from City last season and he has easily been one of our better players and summer signings this season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I'd take Johnson, Dzeko and Tevez.

All three are top notch and would add class to our side.

Having said that wages would be a stumbling block, especially for Tevez, and would city sell to us?

Tevez is a great player but his demands would be too high and his reputation would be too much of a gamble for the owners to take a chance on.Dzeko not sure about.Adam Johnson a def must,with Kuyt i think on the way out then much needed width on the right hand side is badly needed for our side and with his experince in the league already a good signing me thinks.

Johnson and Adebayor would make us great. Milner wouldn't be a bad option either. Better than Adam in my opinion

-----------Reina------------
    Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
    -------Lucas-Gerrard--------
    Johnson-------------Downing
    ----------Suarez------------
    ---------Adebayor-----------

sub: Doni, Kelly, Coates, Henderson, Milner, Sterling, Carroll

hmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by phillfc7; 14-4-12 at 22:44.

Of the players rumored to be leaving, I'd only take Johnson. No way we should go for Tevez or Balotelli, no matter how good they are, and we already have players like Kolarov and Milner (perhaps even better). I might also consider Dzeko, but with Carroll already in the team we should probably go for a different sort of striker to him and Suarez. Someone with more pace and good finishing.

definitely johnson and i think milner would be good as well since hes a quality right winger and box-to-box midfielder but i think johnson is probably the only one that will possibly happen just based on the wages some of the names you mentioned must be getting paid, unless theyre willing to take a pay cut

AlessoAfrojackAvicii is online now Academy prospect
    I'd take Johnson any day. I'd LOVE Tevez, especially after his hatrick yesterday. Just a pitty he wants to go to another country. I'd probably take Dzeko too. Balotelli can ******* off, can't stand the beaut.

Adeybayor and De Jong. Johnson very overrated IMO.

I'd take Adebayor, Adam Johnson (&Tevez/Balotelli)

Tevez would be too distructive for us. Look at how much he has ruined Cites title bid by going awol mid season and they had Aguero, Dzeko and Ballotelli all around 20-30 million pound strikers on 100k-200k a week.

If we lost a player like that we would be in big trouble as we would have to have gotten rid of a few to finance him and when he felt like it could just leave and we would have nobody to fill the void.

De Jong last season was a beast of a player and we could have been right up there if we had him in midfiled instead of Adam/Spearing.

Adam Johnson and Milner if available would be two great buys for us.

AlessoAfrojackAvicii is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJimmy View Post
    Tevez would be too distructive for us. Look at how much he has ruined Cites title bid by going awol mid season and they had Aguero, Dzeko and Ballotelli all around 20-30 million pound strikers on 100k-200k a week.

If we lost a player like that we would be in big trouble as we would have to have gotten rid of a few to finance him and when he felt like it could just leave and we would have nobody to fill the void.

De Jong last season was a beast of a player and we could have been right up there if we had him in midfiled instead of Adam/Spearing.

Adam Johnson and Milner if available would be two great buys for us.
    I sort of agree. But he wouldn't be sitting on the bench here, he'd be playing every game(like he wanted to before it all kicked off). He has a bad attitude yes, but he's an incredible little player.

No question about his abillity.

I doubt that it was all down to being left out of the first team though, When he was at Man U he gave an interview suggesting he was going to retire when he turned 28. And then there was the whole thing of switching to their rivals, I think his agent still has his ear a lot and even though he doesn't "own" Tevez any more he still gets a hefty commission and it's in his best interest to keep Tevez moving around signing new deals and getting a cut of his fee.

If there was 100% commitment from him that he would come to play for Liverpool long term and work hard and perform like he can I would love him to play for us, but I don't think any club will get even 70% out of him until he gets bored or manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil9 View Post
    Rumours doing the rounds are that Mancini will only be allowed to bring in new players this summer if he is able to generate funds from sales in oder for City not to fall foul of the financial fair play rules (although I think that ship has sailed).

With this is mind, it is unlikely that we will be spending 40m-50m+ net on transfer this summer.

Players who have been liked with the City exit door at some point through the seaons are Tevez, Baloteli, Dezko, Adebayor, Adam Johnson, Milner, De Jong, Kolarov, and possibly others.

Whilst these are all rumours and it is unlikely we would be able to afford some of these players transfer fees and salaries, my question to you is which of these players would you be happy for us to sign.

For me I would like us to sign Adam Johnson and possibly Adebayor (depending on whether Carroll is still here in the summer). I think we could probably sign both players for 25m.

Kolarov and De Jong interest me, but would've only be interested in Kolarov had we not signed Enrique last summer and De Jong if we were to move on someone like Spearing

Bare in mind, we signed Bellamy from City last season and he has easily been one of our better players and summer signings this season.
    Am sure the owner will find something to sell his brother for a few 100m.

Tell the owners we will take up january transfer funds too.

Out : Adam-5m
    Aurelio-Free
    downing + caroll - 20m
    Spearing - 2m
    Henderson - 9m
    Aquaman - 7m
    Joe cole - 2m
    Pacheco - 3m
    Wilson - 2m
    Kuyt - 5m

Loan - Shelvey , Sterling , Flaanagan , Kelly

In : De jong - 8m
    Tevez + Balotelli for 53m
    Adam Johnson - 20m
    Milner - 14m
    Kolarov - 7m
    Adebayor - 12m
    Cabaye - 18m

Net spend : 80m + High wages

Reina
    Enrique-Skrtel-Agger-Johnson
    Lucas-Cabaye-Gerrard
    Adebayor-Suarez-Tevez

Sub : Jones , Kolarov , Coates , Dejong , Milner , Balotelli , Johnson
    Reserve : Doni , Maxi , Carra , Flanagan + Bunch of 1m talent young

Id aim higher and go for aguero and silva

Adam Johnson would be good. He is the only player we could afford because of the wages, and probably City would even sell him to us as we are not a threat for them anymore. But first of all we need to make a bid...

Adebayor, Adam Johnson, Milner

the only problem is with city players are their wages, if we can get another bellamy for wages then that would be good

Quote Originally Posted by bencardle View Post
    Id aim higher and go for aguero and silva
    Kompany too . And messi .

Kompany no chance yes to the other guy

Don't want that Adebayor no where near Kenny's team selection. The guy is junk!

Adam Johnson fits into KK bill since he is British & young.
    Only if man city will let him go to a potential fierce rival next season.
    Bellamy cost them a Carling this season

AnfieldSouth41 is offline Academy prospect
    Id take johnson thats about it.