Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Red Wine Appreciation thread

TheHolyTrinity is online now No longer loves Baggio's tackle
    Quote Originally Posted by prredhouse View Post
    now that there is fighting talk, mind you there are is a fair display of black hair off the young wans
    Either black hair and Spanish looking or ginger and freckly.

Listening to a sweet Donegal girls accent will make you fall in love in seconds. What part of the county are you heading too? Used to visit family in Inishowen near Culdaff, beautiful beach
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

prredhouse is offline Off-Topic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyTrinity View Post
    Either black hair and Spanish looking or ginger and freckly.

Listening to a sweet Donegal girls accent will make you fall in love in seconds. What part of the county are you heading too? Used to visit family in Inishowen near Culdaff, beautiful beach
    well I am going to visit relations near castlefin, for one and avoid portnoo( as my mother told me its full of proddies!)

I am planning to visit malin head

its the most romantic place on earth and that there is a fact!
    its a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll

well I am going to visit relations near castlefin, for one and avoid portnoo( as my mother told me its full of proddies!)

I am planning to visit malin head

its the most romantic place on earth and that there is a fact!
    Hope you are bringing the wife

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyTrinity View Post
    Hope you are bringing the wife
    oh yea, you bet i am

oh yea, you bet i am
    Enjoy mate

Donegal is nice and like the rest of Ireland's West, very scenic and 'un busy'. It's Achilles heel will always be the weather. Fabulous on a good day but you could never plan a BBQ a week n advance. For me, nothing or nowhere beats south of France. Haven't stayed on the Côte d'Azur but a bit further west and the beautiful Languedoc awaits. Fabulous 10 km beach of white sand between The town of Sete and Cap d'Agde. Careful you don't stray to close to the Cape which is more suited to naturalists. No labels permitted on wine bottles there! Huge amount of wine in the locality makes it a really beautiful holiday. Even the sea is warm in the evening sun!

Time to mull over the Red Wine Thread again on the approach to the Festive Season, which started with a gift from St.Mary's last night.
    To celebrate I opened a bottle that I received as a gift (too expensive for me to buy) as this is Saint Emilion Grand Cru 2006 and it even has a 'bottle number' on it! Quite nice with a subtle oak after taste, if you like that style. A good wine and you'd know that it is expensive but not exactly to my taste. Prefer the more the fruitier ones from the South of France.
    Anyone else dabbling yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 64john96 View Post
    Time to mull over the Red Wine Thread again on the approach to the Festive Season, which started with a gift from St.Mary's last night.
    To celebrate I opened a bottle that I received as a gift (too expensive for me to buy) as this is Saint Emilion Grand Cru 2006 and it even has a 'bottle number' on it! Quite nice with a subtle oak after taste, if you like that style. A good wine and you'd know that it is expensive but not exactly to my taste. Prefer the more the fruitier ones from the South of France.
    Anyone else dabbling yet?
    a ha having a really nice glog of cahteauneuf de pape 2014
    right now, very pleasant has gorgeous plummy notes and is deep enough to handle spicy chorizo with cheddar and olives. 7/10
    decent for 15euros

too lazy to go to my local cave (too ****in middle class thats my problem!)

yes about time this thread was resurrected john

a ha having a really nice glog of cahteauneuf de pape 2014
    yes about time this thread was resurrected john
    Yes indeed, probably the best Thread on these Forums. Going to France in the summer with a view to soaking up some of the Euro 16 atmosphere and of course the nectar of local cépages! I just love the visit to the vignoble and apart for the tasting, just to watch the passion with which they promote their wines. Hoping to find some nice bottles at very nice prices and to fill the boot.
    Are you heading yourself to support the boys?

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    We do camping every year .... at least 16 years more or less every year apart from one or two years .... on the Tuscany coast across the way from Elba. Not very far from the Chianti region. But Tuscany has so many different wines of high quality. So I am told. Personally am allergic to alcohol. Brunello is another famous wine from down there.

We met a small family on the beach this year ... a father with his two grown up children 18 and 20. His brother produces 80 thousand bottles of Morellino di Scansano a year. Might get invited to spend a few days on the vinyard. Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by 64john96 View Post
    Yes indeed, probably the best Thread on these Forums. Going to France in the summer with a view to soaking up some of the Euro 16 atmosphere and of course the nectar of local cépages! I just love the visit to the vignoble and apart for the tasting, just to watch the passion with which they promote their wines. Hoping to find some nice bottles at very nice prices and to fill the boot.
    Are you heading yourself to support the boys?
    Good man John yes its a tempting affair to pop off to the euros for football and local wines ( so core to understanding the beauty of wine) alas I have very big bills coming my way in 2016 new motors and a brand new child() so heading off to france for a jolly with the boys will be an extreme move however I would love a chance. The south of France outside the cote d'azur is sumptuous and I wish you all the best in that regard. It will be a beautiful festival of football and wine. My word how beautiful it will be for travelling fans of all persuasions.

Good man John yes its a tempting affair to pop off to the euros for football and local wines ( so core to understanding the beauty of wine) alas I have very big bills coming my way in 2016 new motors and a brand new child() so heading off to france for a jolly with the boys will be an extreme move however I would love a chance. The south of France outside the cote d'azur is sumptuous and I wish you all the best in that regard. It will be a beautiful festival of football and wine. My word how beautiful it will be for travelling fans of all persuasions.
    Congratulations on the imminent arrival. Is it the first? Her good self will have pre-determined names like John or Mary, but here is where you need to be strong! Consider Jurgen or Jurgenia.? You probably think I'm joking but ..not really. I called my two lads after Shankly and Paisley. Not sure when your child is due but I had a daughter born in April 92 - I regret so much that I didn't include the word 'Justice' in her name. Even today and what's more when I said it to her recently - She Agreed!! Anyway, of most importance, hope all goes well.
    You'll have to get a special bottle for that day.
    Speaking of special bottles, I was on honeymoon in 1990 when we last won the league, so to celebrate I bought a two bottles of wine in a box. One for immediate consumption in our hour of being Champions and the other was safely tucked away to be opened the next time we won the league title!! It still sits on a cabinet here.
    And while the aforementioned might sound as if I've opened it or something very strong I can declare that this post was made in complete Soberity.

Red Wine - great thread - Love it

Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    We do camping every year .... at least 16 years more or less every year apart from one or two years .... on the Tuscany coast across the way from Elba. Not very far from the Chianti region. But Tuscany has so many different wines of high quality. So I am told. Personally am allergic to alcohol. Brunello is another famous wine from down there.

We met a small family on the beach this year ... a father with his two grown up children 18 and 20. His brother produces 80 thousand bottles of Morellino di Scansano a year. Might get invited to spend a few days on the vinyard. Let's see.
    Never been to Italy, beautiful country I'm sure but when I plan holidays, I really find it hard to pass France. Bit of a francophile I suppose.
    I've tasted a few good Italian wines, a Giogar Vini - Antica Osteria being the one that I found most palatable. But generally I find both Italian and Spanish wines to be very earthy.
    Your allergy to wine is a personal tragedy. Personally I would suffer a bit if I had more than two glasses unless the wine was a Biological Wine. Its the sulphites in wine that get me. The Biological wine doesn't have them and as a consequence - no legacy of pain.
    Maybe you could try and see.

quaffing an absolutely beautiful tesco new Zealand pinot noir marlborough 2013 @ e15

9/10

really impressive

Its a blood bath over on the football forum so time to de-stress myself and indulge in the blood red nectar of wine. Appropriately there is a sting in the aftertaste in this one though overall nice and fruity with the strong tannins. A Chilean, Cabernet Sauvignon, 'Acon Cagua'. Oh how we could have done with a little Chilean today, the hare of the Suarez deal that we never quite could snare.

While Jurgen is busy selecting his 11 for tomorrow I think it's time to make my own selection for my post match aperitif.
    Difficult to know whether to choose an anesthetic for the brutal numbing of pain or something with the more subtle taste of sweet victory.
    At times like these one must trust the tried and tested and so dispense with notion the including a 'kewell'.
    For me it will be Cotes du Rhone, Artesis. A vintage red(performance) of depth and freshness, expressing a purity and style with a sweet aftertaste.
    I think we'll all drink to that. Come on Redmen.

Any recommendation on supermarket (any) available reds? Converted from white recently so grateful for help to this newbie.

One I can recommend is Navarro Old Vines cabernet

Time to return to the cellar!

my man in the wine cellar gave me a stellar wine tonight

lab reserva 2013
    portugal
    beautifully soft full fruit

gorgeous and makes me realise that life begins again, for that reason 10/10

it also has a really cute picture of my favourite dog

Following another reconnaissance mission a La France, I bumped into a beauty! Down in Sanaray sur Mer she sat at a table next to me and her cloak of red was mesmeric! You will think that she was French as I do prefer 'la joie de vie' but no, this Madmoiselle was a Signorina. Signorina Chianti and soon after my lips felt the softness of her subtle body. Then I woke up!!
    But really, Chainti is a super red wine, rich yet subtle and if you like port you will love this.

quaffing an absolutely beautiful tesco new Zealand pinot noir marlborough 2013 @ e15

9/10

really impressive
    NZ reds are coming along very nicely these days

Never been one for White Wine in all my time holding a glass but tonight I discovered only the most beautiful of Whites. A Cote du Rhone form the Domaine de Julien de l'Embisque from Vaucluse in the south of France. The grape is Viognier (pronounced v-o-ni-a).
    It was served to me as an accompaniment to a diner (against my wishes almost) but being in France and in company I tried to hide my unsophistication and said that it would be fine. Bon Chance pour moi. Before I left the restaurant, I managed to buy 2 bottles of it from the restauranteur, €12.60 each.
    If you like white you'll love this, I dont really but this is devine, none of the sharp citrus flavour of other whites.

Where the hell has house gone ??!!??

Miss his weekend inebriated musings

Just read throught the whole episode. Forget the rest fellas, just get
    a decent red from Margaret River W.A. or The Barossa in S.A. and then
    throw the rest in the bin! Loved the bit about Motherwell tho sounds like home!

Had plenty mulled stuff over the festive period . House hasn’t been on here since Oct 2016