Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 326

Thread: Red Wine Appreciation thread

  1. #1 Paisley Red Wine Appreciation thread 
    prredhouse is offline Off-Topic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,618
    right i love a drop of vino as many people probably have guessed!

    so what i reckon is a thread that highlights a good cheap wine so as to rule out any snobbery(hopefully!)

    My choice a spanish crianza, sunshine in a glass, cheap and nearly always bang on.

    Lidl do a good range but campo viejo crianza 2007 is stand out to me.

    This could work or probably crash and burn, in my defence I was kicked out of the beer thread!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    WirralRiddler is online now These posts brought to you by Dr Dre & Only Fools & Horses appreciation society
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,011
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    24,788


    I enjoy a nice Spanish Rioja myself, although I'm not a wine snob myself, and I could easily drink most red wines, (not the garbage though).

    Incidentally, you mention the Campo Viejo Crianza, well I really enjoy the Campo Viejo Rioja Reserva. Lovely.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    prredhouse is offline Off-Topic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,618
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralRiddler View Post
    what a cracking tune listening to it as i type!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    prredhouse is offline Off-Topic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,618
    Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosCarraGoonies View Post


    I enjoy a nice Spanish Rioja myself, although I'm not a wine snob myself, and I could easily drink most red wines, (not the garbage though).

    Incidentally, you mention the Campo Viejo Crianza, well I really enjoy the Campo Viejo Rioja Reserva. Lovely.
    Its very balanced and fruity!!!
    yup a good range all in all
    chianti anybody!! for 6.99 bargaino!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    hobnobs is offline May contain sarcasm
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,830
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralRiddler View Post
    That was exactly how I was going to abuse my mod-powers in the Beer Thread.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    bondred is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    43,586
    There is something immensely snobby about red wine drinkers. They, in general, try to make themselves out as upper class and more sophisticated.

    I can't stand red wine. A nice bottle of white any day of the week.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,675
    I'm not a snob or anything but I wouldn't touch a bottle of red under £15.
    Cheap wine is utterly disgusting.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    prredhouse is offline Off-Topic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,618
    Quote Originally Posted by bondred View Post
    There is something immensely snobby about red wine drinkers. They, in general, try to make themselves out as upper class and more sophisticated.

    I can't stand red wine. A nice bottle of white any day of the week.
    funny that because I think white wine is mostly sugary rubbish even the so called best ( except for new zealand sauv blanc which is class) but maybe the mods could modify the thread to good wine instead?

    give me a wine man rather than whine! ( see what I did there!)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by bondred View Post
    There is something immensely snobby about red wine drinkers. They, in general, try to make themselves out as upper class and more sophisticated.

    I can't stand red wine. A nice bottle of white any day of the week.
    White can be far too sweet for me, but a nice dry white wine is excellent.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    bondred is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    43,586
    Quote Originally Posted by prredhouse View Post
    funny that because I think white wine is mostly sugary rubbish even the so called best ( except for new zealand sauv blanc which is class) but maybe the mods could modify the thread to good wine instead?

    give me a wine man rather than whine! ( see what I did there!)
    I saw! I saw!!



    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    White can be far too sweet for me, but a nice dry white wine is excellent.
    Sweet wine is awful. Dry any day of the week.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    24,788
    Quote Originally Posted by bondred View Post
    There is something immensely snobby about red wine drinkers. They, in general, try to make themselves out as upper class and more sophisticated.

    I can't stand red wine. A nice bottle of white any day of the week.
    You think so? I drink red fairly often, and white once in a blue moon. Not because I'm a snob, (I'm a broke as **** student), but because I think it tastes much nicer, and it's the exact same price.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    cookygarcia is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,551
    I can't drink red wine, it gives me the most horrendous indigestion.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,672
    Sod it and nice cheap Rose does it for me if i am going for the wine bottle.

    Red makes me puke and white always feels like its got a piece missing.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,672
    Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosCarraGoonies View Post
    You think so? I drink red fairly often, and white once in a blue moon. Not because I'm a snob, (I'm a broke as **** student), but because I think it tastes much nicer, and it's the exact same price.
    Tell us the truth it's so no one ask's to share it with you so you get it all for yourself
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    prredhouse is offline Off-Topic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,618
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerNo1 View Post
    Sod it and nice cheap Rose does it for me if i am going for the wine bottle.

    Red makes me puke and white always feels like its got a piece missing.
    I will not STOOP TO INCLUDE ROSE!!!
    Last edited by prredhouse; 28-4-12 at 01:00.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    hobnobs is offline May contain sarcasm
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,830
    Quote Originally Posted by prredhouse View Post
    I will not STOP TO INCLUDE ROSE!!!
    Most people stop including Rosť
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    prredhouse is offline Off-Topic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,618
    Quote Originally Posted by hobnobs View Post
    Most people stop including Rosť
    damn you and your trolling!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    24,788
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerNo1 View Post
    Tell us the truth it's so no one ask's to share it with you so you get it all for yourself
    That's actually an ingenious plan, and one which I would have been unwittingly implementing had it not been for my girlfriend liking red wine even more than I do
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    cookygarcia is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,551
    Quote Originally Posted by hobnobs View Post
    Most people stop including Rosť
    I quite like it. That or white wine. Red wine is evil.

    Failing that, copious amounts of beer. Or rum and coke.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    prredhouse is offline Off-Topic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,618
    Quote Originally Posted by saragreen View Post
    I quite like it. That or white wine. Red wine is evil.
    red wine is the foundation of all other wines! I thought I liked you!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,672
    Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosCarraGoonies View Post
    That's actually an ingenious plan, and one which I would have been unwittingly implementing had it not been for my girlfriend liking red wine even more than I do


    You either need to get new lass or maybe just a BOGOF offer in your local shop

    Happy Days
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    hobnobs is offline May contain sarcasm
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,830
    Quote Originally Posted by saragreen View Post
    I quite like it. That or white wine. Red wine is evil.

    Failing that, copious amounts of beer. Or rum and coke.
    I once made my friend worry if I was going to wake up in the morning by polishing off 2l of rum in 3h at his "house-leaving" party... (I was fine, obviously... Got up at 9.30 without even a hangover, and helped make breakfast. )
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    24,788
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerNo1 View Post


    You either need to get new lass or maybe just a BOGOF offer in your local shop

    Happy Days


    Quote Originally Posted by hobnobs View Post
    I once made my friend worry if I was going to wake up in the morning by polishing off 2l of rum in 3h at his "house-leaving" party... (I was fine, obviously... Got up at 9.30 without even a hangover, and helped make breakfast. )
    2L?! Are you sure you're not Irish?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    prredhouse is offline Off-Topic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,618
    Quote Originally Posted by hobnobs View Post
    I once made my friend worry if I was going to wake up in the morning by polishing off 2l of rum in 3h at his "house-leaving" party... (I was fine, obviously... Got up at 9.30 without even a hangover, and helped make breakfast. )
    now i know what jealously is!
    Last edited by hobnobs; 28-4-12 at 01:16. Reason: Fixed Quoted Text.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    hobnobs is offline May contain sarcasm
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,830
    Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosCarraGoonies View Post


    2L?! Are you sure you're not Irish?
    I am absolutely certain about how Irish I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by prredhouse View Post
    now i know what jealously is!
    I have never had a hangover in my life, nor have I ever had a headache. Nearest I've got is a time I was (deliberately) skating down an ice-slide in my trainers but fell over and whacked the back of my head a good'un... *really* rang my bell, so much so that I nearly threw up, and ached for hours... If that's what a headache feels like I never want one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    24,788
    Quote Originally Posted by hobnobs View Post
    I am absolutely certain about how Irish I am.
    Wait, are you Irish? Or am I confusing myself?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    prredhouse is offline Off-Topic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,618
    Quote Originally Posted by hobnobs View Post
    I am absolutely certain about how Irish I am.



    I have never had a hangover in my life, nor have I ever had a headache. Nearest I've got is a time I was (deliberately) skating down an ice-slide in my trainers but fell over and whacked the back of my head a good'un... *really* rang my bell, so much so that I nearly threw up, and ached for hours... If that's what a headache feels like I never want one.
    you have the gene mr gattaca!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    hobnobs is offline May contain sarcasm
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,830
    Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosCarraGoonies View Post
    Wait, are you Irish? Or am I confusing myself?
    I don't know, are you?
    I can do this all night, especially as you;ve been drinking *grin*
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    24,788
    Quote Originally Posted by hobnobs View Post
    I don't know, are you?
    I can do this all night, especially as you;ve been drinking *grin*
    Yes, I am indeed.

    And I only bought 6 beers
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •