Sorry if this thread has been done before - I had a brief look though and couldn't find one.
What do people think of him though? I'm not quite convinced of his quality and not 100% sure he'd be able to put in big performances at a big club like LFC. Having said that there are a number of reason why signing him would be a decent idea..
- He does work well with Rodgers
- He'll be available for less than £7 million
- He won't be a strain on the total wage bill
- He fits the "FSG type" in that he is a young talented player (22 years old)
- If it doesn't work out for him here we could sell him at age 24-25 and still recoup all if not more of our initial 7 million investment
- He also plays a position (Attacking Mid) that we lacked last year
- He has a few years experience playing and living in England, so he'll settle in fairly quick
- He'd be the first Icelandic player for the club (not sure though), or well at least the first Icelandic player for a while and could possibly help in shirt sales there
He wouldn't be a world beater, but I do think he'd be a good addition to the squad, especially if we don't have much to spend this summer.
Also on a side note - given that he has NOT yet signed for Swansea, Rodgers' deal not to swoop for Swansea players for the next 12 months doesn't include a swoop for Sigurdsson