Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does ballotelli have on his back?

Might slap a couple of rolls of the tape on me for the 5-a-side tonight
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Number 9 wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBootRoom View Post
    Agree with that part.....but it still doesn`t excuse the "going down like you`ve been shot" etc
    It doesn't, but on the blue tape thingy, why risk getting an injury when you can prevent it. Obviously you dont put it on if you have a tiny bruise or something, but say you've just recovered from an injury or you have a bit if a problem with your hamstring, the tape can prevent injury.... Basically it stabilizes the muscle from moving out of its place

http://www.ministryofsoccer.org/2012/06/what-is-the-blue-kinesio-tape-on-soccer-players/

Quote Originally Posted by InRodgersITrust View Post
    It doesn't, but on the blue tape thingy, why risk getting an injury when you can prevent it. Obviously you dont put it on if you have a tiny bruise or something, but say you've just recovered from an injury or you have a bit if a problem with your hamstring, the tape can prevent injury.... Basically it stabilizes the muscle from moving out of its place

http://www.ministryofsoccer.org/2012...occer-players/
    Iv pulled my hamstring twice now in the last year, most recent being a month ago.....Iv bought some tape to give it a go. Hopefully it'll provide the support i need

Agree with that part.....but it still doesn`t excuse the "going down like you`ve been shot" etc
    No it doesnt.....Unless your hamstring or achillies has gone

Quote Originally Posted by maccaynwa2021 View Post
    When ballotelli took off his jersey last night he had 3 strips of what looked to be like a tape on his back,I notice djokovic is wearing one on his arm at Wimbledon today?anyone know what these are for?
    His back?

Perhaps you are referring to the large chip on his shoulder?

What do you mean ???

Players these days are such ****s! The slightest touch, they go down like they`ve been shot. They wear snoods, gloves and leggins in the winter.

If they have even the slightest twinge, all this "magic tape" comes out!! It`s a useless gimmick.

Football has basically become a non contact sport, and it`s annoying.

Did players in the 70`s and 80`s come out with magic tape when theyd been on the end of a 2 footed (legal) lunge?? No!!
    Did they roll around crying? No!!
    Did the FA call for a huge ban? No!!

They got up, got on with it.....and turned up ready to do it all again the week after.

So please don`t facepalm me when I say modern players are pampered little wimps.
    What a load of..err...corner kicks!

Did you see the shorts and shirts players of that time used to wear? Did you see the girly haircuts? Who said they didn't roll around on the ground and complain about a million things? Stop talking rubbish.

p.s.
    As for the snoods, gloves and other stuff..it's simple fashions and trends. Fowler used to have that funny thing on his nose that was copied by everyone later. Football has always been the same, man. It's people's memories that changed.

what did pirlo have on his back? Oh, the rest of the italian team.