Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: So, how far is Lucas Leiva from becoming a Liverpool legend? Could he ever be one?

Captain Mauser is offline Charm School Teacher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioltas View Post
    True the censorship is a bit ridiculous at times even for language or contexts that is usually acceptable for 13+ year olds. But I suppose from a management perspective the club and specific web admins want to cultivate a family friendly environment - I'm not sure they're hitting that target audience to be honest and it would make more sense to let the forum suit the active posters but it makes sense to position the site more generally towards family-friendly themes. I would like to see EST to have different rules though personally.
    Fine... I get the language rules, but I only called him a weapon FFS.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by PaoloMossy View Post
    Aye things like that irk me a bit, using words that aren't really swears but I suppose verge on offensive. Words like melter, weapons, wum, neckbeard etc they're just descriptive terms

Quote Originally Posted by PaoloMossy View Post
    I notice he seems to have free reign to wum and throw insults at parents.
    Must have some good dirt on the mods.

I know I have come into this thread late but I noticed some people calling Luis Garcia a Liverpool FC legend. Wow! Seriously, ******* wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Skrtel-Power View Post
    I notice he seems to have free reign to wum and throw insults at parents.
    Must have some good dirt on the mods.
    I have a picture of Janno wearing a nappy rubbing baked beans on his naked body whilst sporting a satsuma in his mouth fixed in place by a leather strap.

I've a better disciplinary record than Alan Smith.

ceredred is offline Welsh dolphin-whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunraged View Post
    I have a picture of Janno wearing a nappy rubbing baked beans on his naked body whilst sporting a satsuma in his mouth fixed in place by a leather strap.

I've a better disciplinary record than Alan Smith.
    Jannno is a lady but if you prefer such deep thoughts it's a man in that description you just gave...then knock yourself out lad.

RiiseAgainst is offline Currently in Skyrim, leave a message after the tone
    Quote Originally Posted by sizlack View Post
    so you dont rate either?
    First point: Busquets is a piece of ****. One of my least favourite footballers (with good reason). He's also way out of reach for us. This tells me that you've got no class and no grip on reality.

Second point: Tiote is a completely different player to Lucas. He's good in his own right, but much more similar to Mascherano than Lucas. Lucas is a much better footballer than Tiote. Won't get much better than he is now either. Oh, and he's older than Lucas.

I think Lucas has the potential to go down as an LFC legend, but only because of the era he's playing in. IF he turns out to be a one club player and sticks around through the rebuilding process he will be remembered as a stalwart midfielder who was a bright point in several years where there were no bright points to be found. History will look upon Lucas favorably as a player who helped steady a sinking ship and was wholly committed to the club, regardless of his footballing ability. The armband (at some point) would help his cause further along as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SystemOfADowning View Post
    First point: Busquets is a piece of ****. One of my least favourite footballers (with good reason). He's also way out of reach for us. This tells me that you've got no class and no grip on reality.

Second point: Tiote is a completely different player to Lucas. He's good in his own right, but much more similar to Mascherano than Lucas. Lucas is a much better footballer than Tiote. Won't get much better than he is now either. Oh, and he's older than Lucas.
    no one cares if you dont like him he s a great player. next

tiote plays the same position as lucas and i rate him just as highly. hes 6 months older by the way lol

just to say it again. I rate lucas, i like him, hes a decent player but he will NEVER be a legend at this club. NEVER.

when i say legend i mean stevie, souness, kk, barnes, rush, fowler etc

tiote plays the same position as lucas and i rate him just as highly. hes 6 months older by the way lol

just to say it again. I rate lucas, i like him, hes a decent player but he will NEVER be a legend at this club. NEVER.

How can you rate Tiote as highly as Lucas?? ******* hell Lucas is a million times better.

There's only really one active troll in this thread and he sure as **** ain't winning.
    im afraid i am.

theres a minority of posters who think he will be a legend and are posting it on this thread. the other more level headed ones choose not to comment as they know he will never be one but out of respect for the player dont want to to say so.

dioltas, skrtel power and paolomassy and systemofadowning all on the losing team this time.

at least we all agree that hes a good player.
    just an unfortunate minority are disrespecting the real legends of this club by saying lucas is currently good enough to be an lfc legend one day.

paolomassy, watch your temper and stop with the personal insults. this was a football debate about a player before you started the insults, because my opinion doesnt match yours you get confused, aggressive and personal.
    Last edited by hobnobs; 24-7-12 at 09:57. Reason: Removed wind-ups. You can knock it off too

Quote Originally Posted by LucasHendo-LFC View Post
    How can you rate Tiote as highly as Lucas?? ******* hell Lucas is a million times better.
    what makes you think that? tiote is a solid DM. lucas is decent dont get me wrong but hes not out of this world as a player

calm down, youre angry because another supporter disagrees with your opinion.
    Last edited by hobnobs; 24-7-12 at 09:58. Reason: Removed wind-up

what makes you think that? tiote is a solid DM. lucas is decent dont get me wrong but hes not out of this world as a player
    Yes Tiote deserves some credit but I think Lucas is a better player. Lucas is a better tackler; he wins the ball cleanly in situations where Tiote would have to commit the foul. Lucas also reads the game better, allowing him to make more interceptions. Lucas is a better passer, at short and long range. He's also gotten stronger over the years. He pretty much ticks all the boxes as a DM.

RiiseAgainst is offline Currently in Skyrim, leave a message after the tone

I never said anything about him being a legend. And you've completely ignored the point that Busquets is unavailable.

And thankyou for confirming that he is indeed older than Lucas. Completely different players too, just like I said. You're not great at this.

I think it is fairly realistic to say that Lucas may continue to improve and one day be placed in the same class as the likes of Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira and Claude Makelele. It won't definitely be the case, but since we are talking about realistic hypotheses I believe Lucas have the potential to reach those heights, although it remains a difficult challenge for him.

Given that the above scenario is realistic, and given that the three abovementioned players are all legends in their own rights, I would conclude that Lucas indeed have a shot at becoming a legend, hopefully accompanied by a period of great success for Liverpool.

I never said anything about him being a legend. And you've completely ignored the point that Busquets is unavailable.

And thankyou for confirming that he is indeed older than Lucas. Completely different players too, just like I said. You're not great at this.
    students tend to think they know best in my personal experience!
    okay - busquests was in regards to a question if i could replace lucas with any DM in football. it wasnt necessarily a realistic question i was asked by cerered but i answered it for him. i know barca would never let him go.
    yes i know tiote is 6 months older....thanks for confirming it originally. i dont know why you did though as 6 months age difference is irrelevant. the way you said it was as if the age difference made lucas more of an attraction.

okay so you didnt say he was a legend then. do you personally think he is good enough to ever be a legend at this club? along with stevie , kk, barnes and co. yes or no answer. dont do a gazza74 and write an essay on it without answering the question using 'ifs' , 'maybes' , 'mights' etc. my answer is no.
    lucas has had 1 and a half good seasons, and 3 dire ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ceredred View Post
    Jannno is a lady but if you prefer such deep thoughts it's a man in that description you just gave...then knock yourself out lad.
    Janno's a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstComesTheRain View Post
    I think it is fairly realistic to say that Lucas may continue to improve and one day be placed in the same class as the likes of Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira and Claude Makelele. It won't definitely be the case, but since we are talking about realistic hypotheses I believe Lucas have the potential to reach those heights, although it remains a difficult challenge for him.

Given that the above scenario is realistic, and given that the three abovementioned players are all legends in their own rights, I would conclude that Lucas indeed have a shot at becoming a legend, hopefully accompanied by a period of great success for Liverpool.
    as a DM he isnt fit to lace their boots imo

Well then we will just have to agree to disagree. I believe there's very little difference in ability between Lucas and the likes of Busquets. If he were to play in that barca team I believe the difference will be minimal. Whenever Busquets gets the ball he is instantly supported by the likes of Iniesta and Xavi. Lucas, on the other hand and for the large part of last season, has only the wasteful Charlie Adam and a raw Henderson to pass to, but still shined like a gem. He is up there with the best in the EPL imo, and if EPL is a world class league, then he is certainly a world class DM.

Well then we will just have to agree to disagree. I believe there's very little difference in ability between Lucas and the likes of Busquets. If he were to play in that barca team I believe the difference will be minimal. Whenever Busquets gets the ball he is instantly supported by the likes of Iniesta and Xavi. Lucas, on the other hand and for the large part of last season, has only the wasteful Charlie Adam and a raw Henderson to pass to, but still shined like a gem. He is up there with the best in the EPL imo, and if EPL is a world class league, then he is certainly a world class DM.
    yes he is up there with best in the EPL for sure, ive never denied that. ive just denied he isnt good enough to be considered a legend, even if he keeps this run of good form up he will just be a decent player, not a legend

yes he is up there with best in the EPL for sure, ive never denied that. ive just denied he isnt good enough to be considered a legend, even if he keeps this run of good form up he will just be a decent player, not a legend

Since you've never denied that he's the cream of the crop in the EPL then your post makes puzzling reading. You don't call the best in the EPL decent. Players like Parker and Tiote are decent. Players like Lucas are just destined for stardom. At a tender age with at least half of his career ahead of him he has already captained the Brazil U21 team, won the best player award in Brazil, is already an important part of the Brazil senior team and may be captain for them one day, is already one of the best players in Liverpool and won the player of the year for us. The sky is the limit, he can still go either ways or remain stagnant, but the question is does he have a realistic chance to legendary status? And to this question I give an affirming yes.

Since you've never denied that he's the cream of the crop in the EPL then your post makes puzzling reading. You don't call the best in the EPL decent. Players like Parker and Tiote are decent. Players like Lucas are just destined for stardom. At a tender age with at least half of his career ahead of him he has already captained the Brazil U21 team, won the best player award in Brazil, is already an important part of the Brazil senior team and may be captain for them one day, is already one of the best players in Liverpool and won the player of the year for us. The sky is the limit, he can still go either ways or remain stagnant, but the question is does he have a realistic chance to legendary status? And to this question I give an affirming yes.
    i beg to differ. the EPL doesnt have an abundence of great DM;s at the moment. gone are roy keane, viera, makele. the best ones are parker, lucas and tiote now. obviously yaya toure is leagues ahead of these three if he chooses to play in DM role.
    I just dont think lucas is a good enough player to be mentioned as a legend. a good player for our club yes, but a legend no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanosdelgardo View Post
    Janno's a woman?
    That explains bans being handed out indiscriminately every 28 days or so...

im afraid i am.

theres a minority of posters who think he will be a legend and are posting it on this thread. the other more level headed ones choose not to comment as they know he will never be one but out of respect for the player dont want to to say so.

dioltas, skrtel power and paolomassy and systemofadowning all on the losing team this time.

at least we all agree that hes a good player.
    just an unfortunate minority are disrespecting the real legends of this club by saying lucas is currently good enough to be an lfc legend one day.

paolomassy, watch your temper and stop with the personal insults. this was a football debate about a player before you started the insults, because my opinion doesnt match yours you get confused, aggressive and personal.
    Only one side of this argument have used facts to justify their reasoning, that side has been winning. You haven't been losing though because you don't have the intellect (or are trolling) to realise why you are losing when all you retort with is biased ungrounded opinion with nothing to support your arguments whilst your points are torn apart through inconsistencies and evidence contradicting your claims. I kind of feel like an atheist trying to explain evolution to a creationist actually.

cravenz is online now Community Moderator
    Word of caution: If you think someone is trolling/wumming, don't feed them

Only one side of this argument have used facts to justify their reasoning, that side has been winning. You haven't been losing though because you don't have the intellect (or are trolling) to realise why you are losing when all you retort with is biased ungrounded opinion with nothing to support your arguments whilst your points are torn apart through inconsistencies and evidence contradicting your claims. I kind of feel like an atheist trying to explain evolution to a creationist actually.
    im not the one thats biased though. im not disagreeing with you about him being a decent player. im saying youre wrong to think, even on current form, that hes anywhere near good enough to be a legend at this club one day

Im glad some people think Lucas is or will be a legend. And when he wins something which he has significantly contributed to, then the first step is made, but lets not compare him to busquets just yet eh? youre talking about someone who has won the euros twice, the world cup, numerous league medals and domestic cups, the world club championship, and the champions league twice.

when youre comparing the 2, its not really close is it. And before you say it, yes i know our team hasnt won much lately, but if lucas was such a fantastic player, why has no one, similar to the likes or barca or madrid come in for him.? just saying!

For the record, i like the lad, and he has overcome a lot of criticism from 'fans', and id love nothing more than to be proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Red Kenobi View Post
    Im glad some people think Lucas is or will be a legend. And when he wins something which he has significantly contributed to, then the first step is made, but lets not compare him to busquets just yet eh? youre talking about someone who has won the euros twice, the world cup, numerous league medals and domestic cups, the world club championship, and the champions league twice.

when youre comparing the 2, its not really close is it. And before you say it, yes i know our team hasnt won much lately, but if lucas was such a fantastic player, why has no one, similar to the likes or barca or madrid come in for him.? just saying!

For the record, i like the lad, and he has overcome a lot of criticism from 'fans', and id love nothing more than to be proved wrong.
    a very level headed post.

im shocked that we have fans saying lucas is better than busquets and better than gerrard and mentioning him along with viera, makelele and roy keane. trully are a mjor embarrassment to the club imo.

lucas is a good player lets leave it at that. not world class, not on course to be a legend either