Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can Liverpool Break Into The Top Four ?

marioscoreagoal is offline Armchair supporter
    I think if you are a true reds supporter you stop whinging and bitching online and rock up to a game or 2
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

marioscoreagoal is offline Armchair supporter
    Mario score 1 goal please

Yes I believe it is still possible. We just have to get a striker who can shoot on target.

Elbenito5050 is offline Armchair supporter
    B. Rodgers is not a Cup/Trophy winning coach. I would like LFC to go look for trophy winning coach. LFC is great club with history and should not be molested with players without focus n coaches.. FSG take note!

After reading what we need to break into the top four I find myself falling out of love with the game Iv'e been watching for over 60yrs, it's now all about the wealth you put into paying players and management, without that backing coming into the doors you don't stand a chance and even FFP looks after the wealthiest clubs, we stand a bit behind the top four not enough money coming in to make the break-through but enough to keep us just behind the top four and without CL football we stand no chance of catching those above us.

Yesterday was the final straw with Brendan Rogers the mess in our defense is their for all to see and for this reason I would get rid of Rogers right now, our defense is still the mess it was when he came in three yrs ago and he's still not fixed it otherwise we may have had a good chance at the top four this year, for me he plays players out of their natural positions and it maybe down to that reason why players start so slowly they often dont find their feet for 10mins and end up making bad decisions I am probably wrong but why does it happen so often, the buck stops with BR and this last 6wks the team has looked awful when he said ''this time of year we always improve''well I have news for him he's not moved us on and the only time he did it it took an exceptional player to help him or I think he may have gone last year remember how many goals we let in last season, that's BR all talk no substance.

Having read my knee jerk reaction to the Arsenal game I was very hard on Rogers whom I really think is a top modern coach or will be over the next few years so forgive my rashness BR your a top guy and I hope you stay here for years.

REDability, you said it all! Playing players out of their natural positions has cost us everything since he came. If King Kenny was in control last season, he would have won us the EPL. Stevie ended up a disgrace, poor performance plus poor attitude. I think LFC is bigger than BR, period. Let him quietly go back to Swansea.
    Quote Originally Posted by REDability View Post
    After reading what we need to break into the top four I find myself falling out of love with the game Iv'e been watching for over 60yrs, it's now all about the wealth you put into paying players and management, without that backing coming into the doors you don't stand a chance and even FFP looks after the wealthiest clubs, we stand a bit behind the top four not enough money coming in to make the break-through but enough to keep us just behind the top four and without CL football we stand no chance of catching those above us.

Yesterday was the final straw with Brendan Rogers the mess in our defense is their for all to see and for this reason I would get rid of Rogers right now, our defense is still the mess it was when he came in three yrs ago and he's still not fixed it otherwise we may have had a good chance at the top four this year, for me he plays players out of their natural positions and it maybe down to that reason why players start so slowly they often dont find their feet for 10mins and end up making bad decisions I am probably wrong but why does it happen so often, the buck stops with BR and this last 6wks the team has looked awful when he said ''this time of year we always improve''well I have news for him he's not moved us on and the only time he did it it took an exceptional player to help him or I think he may have gone last year remember how many goals we let in last season, that's BR all talk no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by marioscoreagoal View Post
    Mario score 1 goal please
    I would dearly love him to score but for me Mario has to have been the biggest bad gamble the club has ever made , I know BR has defended him often , but when he is given the chance he is Lazy , never chases anything down and has know idea where the goals are . and with that and Dan Sturridge not firing either , young Stirling winging about money and being played out of position I feel there is very little hope we will get into the top 4 , we will need to go hard to get into to the top 6 this term

big mistakes happened unfortunately you can't let suarez go with out a replacement

next season there are things i wish to happen i wish liverpool buy Mateo Kovačić and morata
    in a 4-3-3 formation
    flano - skertel - sakho - moreno
    emre can
    hendo Mateo Kovačić
    ibe studge coutinho

with subs : origi , morata , markovic , lallana , lovren , ilori , allen , texiera
    and sell : sterling , balotelli , lucas , aspas , borini , Luis Alberto , gohnson
    thats about 100 million very enough for Kovačić , morata , decent rb , koplianca or what so ever we need

well my point is i'll chose ibe over sterling any day as i think ibe is better than sterling and a finisher as well as a drippler also can play both sides very well i just wish we don't waste him in wb

ilori played against barca and played a good game among other good games
    emre can play cb and play with style , his body will allow him to play holding midfield very well he got power , pace , vision
    and he is a good passer its atrocious to waste him in cb
    while two other powerful with great pace of midfield box to box in hendo and Kovačić
    i think that will make our midfield electric and energetic with lots of out box shoots
    while 3 high class as front 3 in cutinho , studge , ibe .. when studge get injury i can see morata as a torres esque in the long term .. how ever i don't realy follow juve so i don't know if he is regular starter or not

about finishing top 4 this season i can see it very much game on still manu will face city , chelsea away , everton away , arsenal , crystal palace away .. guys if not gerrard with his bizarre act they woudn't win this game , point is they are not that strong
    newcastle out played them.

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by m3monag View Post
    big mistakes happened unfortunately you can't let suarez go with out a replacement

next season there are things i wish to happen i wish liverpool buy Mateo Kovačić and morata
    in a 4-3-3 formation
    flano - skertel - sakho - moreno
    emre can
    hendo Mateo Kovačić
    ibe studge coutinho

with subs : origi , morata , markovic , lallana , lovren , ilori , allen , texiera
    and sell : sterling , balotelli , lucas , aspas , borini , Luis Alberto , gohnson
    thats about 100 million very enough for Kovačić , morata , decent rb , koplianca or what so ever we need

well my point is i'll chose ibe over sterling any day as i think ibe is better than sterling and a finisher as well as a drippler also can play both sides very well i just wish we don't waste him in wb

ilori played against barca and played a good game among other good games
    emre can play cb and play with style , his body will allow him to play holding midfield very well he got power , pace , vision
    and he is a good passer its atrocious to waste him in cb
    while two other powerful with great pace of midfield box to box in hendo and Kovačić
    i think that will make our midfield electric and energetic with lots of out box shoots
    while 3 high class as front 3 in cutinho , studge , ibe .. when studge get injury i can see morata as a torres esque in the long term .. how ever i don't realy follow juve so i don't know if he is regular starter or not

about finishing top 4 this season i can see it very much game on still manu will face city , chelsea away , everton away , arsenal , crystal palace away .. guys if not gerrard with his bizarre act they woudn't win this game , point is they are not that strong
    newcastle out played them.
    I think it's Southampton we have to worry about.

1 Chelsea 38 45 87
    2 Arsenal 38 44 84
    3 Man City 38 42 78
    4 Liverpool 38 18 71
    5 Southampton 38 25 69
    6 Man Utd 38 22 67
    7 Tottenham 38 5 62

Quote Originally Posted by FistOfRage View Post
    I think it's Southampton we have to worry about.

1 Chelsea 38 45 87
    2 Arsenal 38 44 84
    3 Man City 38 42 78
    4 Liverpool 38 18 71
    5 Southampton 38 25 69
    6 Man Utd 38 22 67
    7 Tottenham 38 5 62
    man .. those city players in a very bad shape btw i just knew mangala cost them 43 million how on earth could this happen ?
    any way how about that
    1- chelsea
    2- arsenal
    3- liverpool
    4- southampton
    i'll bet for that

Palabo is offline Armchair supporter
    It is still very possible and I believe Liverpool will break into the top four. All we need do now, is get the mid field and back starts very stable in the run in. Skrtel and Gerrald should be back hopefully as from the West Brom game. At this time, the defence blokes that are so prone to costly mistakes need be out. The likes of Kolo, Lovren, I think may need off for now. And in the strike department, I am not happy with the low conversion rate of that lad Raheem. What's the use of a so called super star that converts only one in ten chances? After all the hard work, what you see is a harmless back pass to the keeper or an outrageous waste of the ball in front of an open goal. And after Liverpool has got a top four finish, what is the plan for an impactful campaign in the UCL for next season? Sturridge needs an out and out strike partner that Suarez provided last season. It will be a smart move to go for Jan Huntellar of the German Bundesliga. I see Dvock Origi, Jordan Ibe, Sturridge, Danny Ings and perhaps that bloke called Berahino of West Brom? as the perfect strike force for next season both in the premiership and Europe. Ilook to BR to make things happen for Liverpool in the run in and next season.

Yagarmeister is offline Armchair supporter
    Not happening this season with this line up and inconsistency.

Tibbers is offline Armchair supporter
    I really hope so. However, I think it would take more than winning to make it at this point. We must also hope that Manchester City lose.

Quote Originally Posted by theliverword View Post
    [Can Liverpool Break Into The Top Four ?

A new era will begin at Liverpool under the leadership of new manager Brendan Rodgers at the Hawthorns this Saturday.
    You asked this question 3 years ago and we are right back there today... Lallana still believes we can if we win all remaining 5 fixtures... It is a possibility BUT ONLY IF Manu slips up AGAIN. W e had an opportunity thie weekend to close the gap and we drew at WBA so hopefully we win at Hull and down to 4 points which would have been better if it were just 2 points ...

Quote Originally Posted by DAKOP View Post
    You asked this question 3 years ago and we are right back there today... Lallana still believes we can if we win all remaining 5 fixtures... It is a possibility BUT ONLY IF Manu slips up AGAIN. W e had an opportunity thie weekend to close the gap and we drew at WBA so hopefully we win at Hull and down to 4 points which would have been better if it were just 2 points ...
    well we have 4 strikers that have scored about 8 goals we have no hope and Rodgers has to take responsibility for that he signed everyone of them ,spent a fortune on second rate players ,with only one success coutinho 1 out 20 i very poor
    Mario Balotelli
    Fabio Borini
    Rickie Lambert
    Daniel Sturridge
    if we want to move forward we clearly have to change Manager and at least 3 strikers for top quality goal scorers

Not with this manager no chance, this season has proven we have took a step back, not forward
    The manager and around 11 to 15 players have to leave before the team can progress,
    That's a fact!

At the moment we are lacking a true leader imo to stay competitive for the whole season and finish top four. Something that the other clubs we are competing with have.

As this season progresses providing we see Henderson really step up, then maybe we regain that competitive attitude we had two seasons ago. Personally I would have put the arm band on Skrtel

Last season there was very little difference between United, Spurs and ourselves imo.

We should've ended 4th but caved for whatever reason. May be all the stuff with Stirling and Steve going just demoralized the team. Who knows.

We look stronger than we were. The others have beefed up a bit too. All in all, top 4 should be very achievable. It's down to the players competitive attitude and managements ability to instill and maintain it.

1st-chelsea.
    2nd-arsenal.
    3rd-city.
    between us and mancs for 4th.

of course we can.

Quote Originally Posted by KopRoyal View Post
    of course we can.
    Not if Allen & Leiva are involved in the first 11 ....Can , Rossiter or a new DM would be great , the other 4 teams have stronger DMs than us and i really hope after the Benteke signing which is now inevitable that we go and get a new DM .
    Last edited by JAL 58; 19-7-15 at 14:23.

We have a chance if Rodgers looks around what happens in the top clubs, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, PSG, Chelsea last season...that is; if your best players are fit, they play. It's as simple as that. I lost count last season how many games Rodgers threw away forcing his poor summer buys into the team week after week even at the expense of Sterling (playing wing-back) who had a great first half of the season, so the lesser players he bought could play.

Football can be very logical on surface level, play lesser player, reap lesser results, continue to replace your top players with midtable non-entities, become midtable yourself, only difference is, our midtable dross is still costing us top top brass. Southampton are laughing all the way to the bank to this day, collecting the millions they made from us.

There were two players to look at there, Fonte and Scheinerlein, Clyne at a push (this one was reasonably priced, and will do well hopefully). United bought their best player for a good fee and now watch him become a world-beater.

Boxshoe is offline Armchair supporter
    Sadly they will leave can on the bench and Whatch Jordan run up n down zippy wasting energy out of sink. Texieia will suffer and Allen will get a play before you. Conspiracy against a good footballer. They think milner will save the world upfront musical around the box, nothing up to what's coming against us, 25Ml local lad to majestic true quality stiffeled due to paddy corporate bs. Those bell boys are iliterate on the field Tarzan chin bugs me, the managers a toss and the highest 30% out of all managers to go in the 1st 3mobths, br will play alien & hendo loveran '$hit. sacked. Don't buy players like sahin if u don't want nobody better than SG, then retired him, Asian accounts, no whaan pay wages, no no good man!

We can only judge and give our opinion after the first 3-4 games.

Costa injured; Chelsea have Remy and Falcao to pick from.. De Gea has been dropped and is soon to be sent packing.. Wilshere is injured again.

Yes, top four is very possible and more!

mcjoes is offline Armchair supporter
    Imagine a world were Ancelotti and Klopp are club less and Liverpool chose to stick with a mid-table coach after loosing 6-1 to stoke and 3-1 to that *********** average utd side.
    Liverpool will made it to the top 4 only if BR is out

It is apparent that our defence is not good enough, Brendan Rodgers insistence of sticking with the abject Lovren will prove his undoing I fear. Pardew would be a good choice for next manager although why would he want to work for FSG. They ultimately are the reason for the continuing demise of Liverpool Football Club

We can do top 4 this 15/16 season...we have the players.

We only need a coach that is more confident in himself and can get the self belief back into the players as individuals and then as a collective. Currently the issue is that these players are leaderless...
    If we only held onto Stevie just to lead...we would be flying...

Nevertheless, I remain upbeat and positive and will lament a bad loss until 31 Dec 2015 after which if we are where we are now or below the gloves will need to come off....

test