Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Liverpool Break Into The Top Four ?

1. #1 Can Liverpool Break Into The Top Four ? 
    Can Liverpool Break Into The Top Four ?

Well here we are on the eve of another footballing season, and for Liverpool Football Club hopes are always high.

A new era will begin at Liverpool under the leadership of new manager Brendan Rodgers at the Hawthorns this Saturday.

Rodgers will be under pressure to improve Liverpoolís league position after last seasonís disappointment

Liverpool has enjoyed a successful pre-season tour in North America this summer and has added Fabio Borini, Joe Allen and Oussama Assaidi to their squad, although Aquilani and Craig Bellamy have left the club.

Rodgers has highlighted his passing style in Liverpoolís pre-season matches and this will only improve as the squad get used to their new managerís style of play.

Liverpool face a tough run of fixtures to start the season with, with matches against Champions Manchester City, Arsenal and Manchester United in the early weeks of the season.

The results in these games could shape Liverpoolís season.

The Premiership is getting tougher every year and breaking into the top four is getting extremely difficult.

Liverpool will have to improve dramatically to break into the top four, which is massively important for a club like Liverpool.

On any given day Liverpool can beat the best, but the consistency has to improve if Liverpoolís league position is to improve.

Brendan Rodgers has impressed most Liverpool supporters with his interviews and the importance that he emphasises of a passing game.

But football is a results business and Rodgers will understand that Liverpoolís results will need to be positive to compliment his style of play.

Promises have been made to Brendan Rodgers from Liverpoolís American owners, that he will be given time, so hopefully they will keep their promise, as Liverpool have a lot of catching up to do.

Rodgers has a good squad of players to work with and he will need that with the prospect of extra games in the Europa League this season.

Steven Gerrard is looking fit and raring to go and with Lucas back to fitness, this can only be very encouraging for Brendan Rodgers as they will be key players this season.

I donít see any reason why Liverpool canít finish in the top four, as the squad of players is good enough to take them there.

To start with, Pepe Reina is one of the best keepers around.

Liverpoolís defence is very solid with Glen Johnson, Skrtel, Agger and Enrique probably being regular starters, with good defenders in reserve, with the likes of Carragher, Coates, Wilson, Kelly, Robinson and Flanagan to call upon.

Liverpool has plenty of talent in midfield with Gerrard, Lucas, Downing, Joe Allen, Assaidi, Spearing, Adam, Henderson, Sterling, but to name a few that will fight for places in the Liverpool engine room.

Even up front Liverpool look strong with with Luis Suarez, Andy Carroll and Fabio Borini to bag the goals, and youngster Adam Morgan looking hungry for a place too.

With Brendan Rodgers having this talented squad at his disposal, Iím sure he will use them wisely and improve Liverpool with his tactics and organisation which he will install into his team.

This could be an exciting new era for Liverpool and I am enthusiastic about the new season.

So let the season begin.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Havocstars is offline Armchair supporter
    Not a chance, bunch of overpaid morons. Really really bad display, several players do not deserve to wear the shirt.

In about 5 years I reckon, realistically. We have a budget smaller than Southampton.

Gengaa is offline Armchair supporter
    No chance, after that performance we'll not do any better than last season.. No one seemed interested today

:FP:that was shocking just shocking today i just realised we are slipping further down the table,never thought i would ever say this about my great club but WBA wanted it more than us today.As for BR when agger got sent of he had no plan b at that moment i was screaming for Borini to be replaced by Carroll,could not belive Cole came on.Very sad day and we were lucky it was just Three and not more.

we were ok until ten men, we probably had more going forward after the goal in secon half before the game changing red card, saying that our benitez sides with 10 would play with more structure even push on to win games

It felt like last season in many ways, nice build up play but final ball lets us down. Suarez looking our best player, missing chances especially the header in the first half. West Brom was supposedly our easiest game of the opening 5.

http://rawkkid.blogspot.co.uk/

Why is Daniel Agger all of a sudden been called our key defender? He's pants hence why Rafa, Roy and Kenny all dropped him

I see evidence for further decline so no, I do not see us anywhere near a top 4 spot for a long time to come.

We have no chance this year and after today the way we fell apart in the second half I wonder if the Rogers way is something he got right at Swansea and that's his lot, he is trying to play like Rafa used to but I never seen any of Rafa's team collapse like they did today untill his last year in charge when he had to live on scraps from the table of H&G, I have to ask myself if the owners wanted the team to play this system why the hell did they not give Rafa the job, he had years perfecting this style and BR has had eighteen months, I rest my case. I just hope Brendan has had a bad day at the office and no more than that, his subs were not good to see and having Carra instead of Coates was a backward step, bringing on Cole ahead of Carroll what was that all about, I thought BR would play the best we have, the two subs used are past their best. There is still hope as there is a long way to go and now we have three hard games coming up and we need results in all of them if we do get good results it will put us back on course but if not we shall be playing catch up before the end of august as no-one expects much from us this year Brendan must get the the players playing without fear otherwise the season will be a long one.

mrazlfc1fan is offline Armchair supporter
    Until Liverpool decides to hire a real manager and get real strikers they will keep falling down the EPL until they are relegated. I have been watching LFC for over 16yrs. and they just get worse. I feel for Steven Gerrard. Liverpool needs proven ownership, managers, and strikers not hopefuls.

arnibanani is offline Armchair supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Havocstars View Post
    Not a chance, bunch of overpaid morons. Really really bad display, several players do not deserve to wear the shirt.
    Share your view.
    It's a pitty.... but this will last for at least a couple of years.

arni

There is absolutely no way you can get in to the top 4 without a continued and if necessary rising investment of fresh cash, not just money from sales, that technically represents poorer quality as money=success. No team has got in to the top 4 without buying it, including us, those that stay there continue to buy it.

Our owners are stabillizing the club and that level of investment at present is insufficient to achieve top 4, that's the reality we and they have to accept.

The stadium carbunkel needs addressing sooner than later, increased revenue is the model our owners are adopting which is frugal and sensible, but they must be realistic about what is achieveable against other teams expenditure in the short-term.

yes, only if they learn how to compete with ten men if agger stayed on the game would have been very diferent, but defence seems less organised both full back plus lucas went forward... someone has to stay back with the centre halves thats the whole point of the formation

tiote cabaye were perfectly balanced infront of back four for newcastle v spurs, allen and lucas were deep together and made breaks together which left alot of space

Quote Originally Posted by don0124lfc View Post
    yes, only if they learn how to compete with ten men if agger stayed on the game would have been very diferent, but defence seems less organised both full back plus lucas went forward... someone has to stay back with the centre halves thats the whole point of the formation
    Agree! at least 2 defenders have to stay back.
    another point is, it's hard to find out the spirit of never giving up as the one in 2005, esp. when agger was sent off
    long way to go for liverpool to go back to the top 4:FP:

let's see if we can break into the top 10 any time soon first, that would be a good start!

With Rodgers in charge and with his signings Borini, Allen and some French guy. Medicore players we keep signing.

Honestly, what were Fenway thinking when they appointed Rodgers?! What do they want to achieve with him?
    I will be suprised if we finish in the top 8 this season.

For the first time in over 20 years of supporting this club and going to their matches, I have lost almost complete interest.

intoThinAir is offline Armchair supporter
    I don't think top 4 is realistic.
    The bad performance over the past years is a result of poor signings and too few money.
    I almost cried when i saw all the money from Torres was spend on Carrol...
    There are too many British players that are paid too much tbh. Carrol was paid like a world class player,while it should have been obvious that he wasn't.... if he hadn't been British, he would not been hyped like he was. Big and strong, yes, but unlike Ibrahimovic and Balotelli he has no technique -> Average player.
    Rodgers need to look broader for talent, not just to Swansea and other low or mid-range clubs, those players wont bring us back to the top, where we belong.
    I would like to see BR bring in some young talent to the offense and the offensive midfield, with the potential to become world class. I think there is much better value for money if we find players outside of PL on those positions.

Yes we can, if we change the system just a bit and play more attacking football. You need a goalgetter in front of goal and let Suarez create chances coming in from the flanks. And always play with Shelvey.

Well isnt this thread just full of joy and optimism!

I think everybody needs to calm down, it's only the first game of a long season. To state that Rodgers isn't the man for the job at this stage is a ridiculous knee jerk reaction.

We dominated the game until a fantastic finish put us on the back foot. Hopefully we can sign another striker before the window closes and start converting some of the many chances we're creating.

Long way to go yet, if you're expecting us to be playing like Barcelona overnight prepare to be disappointed on a regular basis.

Top 4? Bottom 4 more likely. In reality, 6th would be brilliant, 8th reasonable, 10th possible, 12th unsurprising.

Not without someone to bang in 20+ goals.. Without this we will struggle to make top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaPragueAwayKit View Post
    Top 4? Bottom 4 more likely. In reality, 6th would be brilliant, 8th reasonable, 10th possible, 12th unsurprising.
    I second this... top half of the table will be a good year

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaPragueAwayKit View Post
    you sound a bit half man half biscuit to me mate.

Code07 is offline Armchair supporter
    Sorry to hijack this thread guys, but I need some help. I got this season's home kit and when I looked at the label it said tumble dry low. Very weird considering how almost all soccer jerseys should not be put in a dryer even at a lot temperature because the lettering might peel off. Should I hang it and let it dry (or in other words line dry it) or should I really put it in a dryer?

redlegendnumber9 is offline Armchair supporter
    I Have just been told that FSG have just spent $350 million dollars on 2 basketball players please some tell me thats not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Code07 View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread guys, but I need some help. I got this season's home kit and when I looked at the label it said tumble dry low. Very weird considering how almost all soccer jerseys should not be put in a dryer even at a lot temperature because the lettering might peel off. Should I hang it and let it dry (or in other words line dry it) or should I really put it in a dryer?
    Jesus after today I'd dry it in either the microwave (45 min at 850 watts) or in an open fire..!

ps I AM JOKING!!

Quote Originally Posted by REDability View Post
    We have no chance this year and after today the way we fell apart in the second half I wonder if the Rogers way is something he got right at Swansea and that's his lot, he is trying to play like Rafa used to but I never seen any of Rafa's team collapse like they did today untill his last year in charge when he had to live on scraps from the table of H&G, I have to ask myself if the owners wanted the team to play this system why the hell did they not give Rafa the job, he had years perfecting this style and BR has had eighteen months, I rest my case. I just hope Brendan has had a bad day at the office and no more than that, his subs were not good to see and having Carra instead of Coates was a backward step, bringing on Cole ahead of Carroll what was that all about, I thought BR would play the best we have, the two subs used are past their best. There is still hope as there is a long way to go and now we have three hard games coming up and we need results in all of them if we do get good results it will put us back on course but if not we shall be playing catch up before the end of august as no-one expects much from us this year Brendan must get the the players playing without fear otherwise the season will be a long one.
    Stupid post...1st it takes time to put your stamp on a team (BR HAS HAD 3 GAMES) 2ND RAFA DID NOT PLAY LIKE BR WANTS TO. Rafa liked 1 up top with Stevie g in deep as a second forward and 2 mainly defensive mid players. RAFA'S main fault was he was too defensive at times. You either have a short memory or you know nothing about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Code07 View Post
    sell it now