Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: All comments on 'Being Liverpool' documentary in here....

Quote Originally Posted by Stim View Post
    Well I certainly don't expect it to be graphic or be portrayed like a reenactment of Jack Palance,being played by JWH,saying to King Kenny,.... "Pick Up The Gun".
    But if it really has to arise in the documentary,I feel just a picture of the Echo's headline,with a newscaster from Radio City reading the headline will more than suffice,then move onto the hiring of Mr Rodgers. This was an upsetting time and is still a very sore subject,no doubt about it.

King Kenny Dalglish - You'll Never Walk Alone
    I very much doubt it will be much more than what you suggest to be honest. Leaving it out would just be as daft as what the article claimed would happen - which won;t be the case at all.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by bonitez View Post
    This was discussed this morning on talksport, not sure if they had seen the documentary or were just recycling the daily mail article, but they stated the documentary covers starts in May to Dalglish Sacking to Rogers appointment. They also said that Dalglish was flown to USA but on return had no idea whether he had a job or not, and that the phone call to sack him maybe part of the documentary. It sounded pretty horrific if thats the case, and nothing like the Liverpool way of keeping things behind closed doors. Hopefully its all rubbish, but we just can't tell these days whats going to come out of the club next.
    Nonsense, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    simon cowell gives the thumb down.
    think Henry planned to show it but based on the reaction he knows better now.

his face when Kenny climbed the stairs at wembley after the fa cup final said it all.
    I haven't been able to stand John Henry ever since.

don't this just sum up the level of stupidity you see on this forum all the time...

idiots going berserk over something they havent even seen yet
    has the last 12 months especially, not taught u any lessons about believing the ***** printed in chip wrappings

Quote Originally Posted by gchrisv79 View Post
    I haven't been able to stand John Henry ever since.
    or me.
    the look on his face as our greatest ever red past by him,was undefendable.
    shocking.
    kenny should have chinned him.

Quote Originally Posted by NumptyNumbNuts View Post
    don't this just sum up the level of stupidity you see on this forum all the time...

has the last 12 months especially, not taught u any lessons about believing the ***** printed in chip wrappings
    Oh but haven't you heard, many forum dwellers are psychic these days.

Many of them know that the Dalglish sacking will be in the documentary, they know Liverpool wont buy any players in January or next summer and they know Liverpool will never win the league with FSG in as owners.

I just wish they'd post which lottery numbers they're playing this week.

Get a grip. The programme itself is wrong. If you cannot see that then so be it. Totally disgusted we are doing a programme like this in the first place.

sAz2011 is offline Armchair supporter
    when is the programme being aired any1 know ?and what channel ?

Paul Dalglish mentioned on his twitter earlier that Liverpool have the final say on editing.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkKeithKelly View Post
    Paul Dalglish mentioned on his twitter earlier that Liverpool have the final say on editing.
    Of course they do. So why would they release something which may hurt the Club ? I think we should just wait until its aired before storming the Castle..

Quote Originally Posted by sAz2011 View Post
    when is the programme being aired any1 know ?and what channel ?
    Channel 5 on the 22nd, 6 days after on US. Obviously everyones gonna download it as soon as it's out in America.

Quote Originally Posted by phuzz View Post
    Channel 5 on the 22nd, 6 days after on US. Obviously everyones gonna download it as soon as it's out in America.
    yep

Koppette is offline Rest of world, nil.
    I am quite keen on this programme, LFC have final say and it will gain us some good publicity.

I am sure they will include loads on our fan base and history as well as goings on throughout the club.

I doubt they will show anything that will upset LFC's best interests and I doubt they will show anything but respect for Kenny even if it does document his sacking, if it does however it would be the worst thing they can do as it will upset and annoy many fans including me.

i have to say i cant wait for this,wish we could play a match 3 times a day i love liverpool and the more i can see the better.who cares what other fans think of us, they dont us like us anyway.nobody likes a winner,

Quote Originally Posted by johnson7 View Post
    i have to say i cant wait for this,wish we could play a match 3 times a day i love liverpool and the more i can see the better.who cares what other fans think of us, they dont us like us anyway.nobody likes a winner,
    apoligies just seen grammer and spelling when posted,too much drink.

The behind-the-scenes documentary Being Liverpool is about to go public. I can't help feeling this is going to be another PR disaster. The club is currently in turmoil. The fans are angry and divided. The manager and the owners are not on the best of terms. The team has had a poor start to the season and confidence is low. And who knows how many players will get injured on international duty - an outcome that will exacerbate FSG's failings in the transfer market.

There is a risk this documentary is going to inflame existing troubles and reopen old wounds (Dalglish, Suarez). Management (FSG) have a big call to make. They have no doubt already had a chance to see it (if they haven't and release it without watching it then we can finally agree that they are incompetent and in dereliction of their fiduciary duty). Good management would also ensure that Brendan Rodgers has had a chance to see it as it could have an impact on the already fragile morale of his squad. One also hopes there is no reference to the Suarez race row with the United match almost upon us. Realising all these things is the bare requirement of good management. And it means Henry and Werner, and they alone, are in a position to decide if now is a good time to release this documentary. Given their less-than-perfect record of late, I would err on the side of caution.

InsomniacOlympics is offline a different/unique title

Exactly.

It's as if the Daily Mail has become a reliable source of information as well.

Concerning Rodgers,I've always been slIghtly dubious of a man who has a large,mean and moody photo of himself hanging up in his living room

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkingRed View Post
    Concerning Rodgers,I've always been slIghtly dubious of a man who has a large,mean and moody photo of himself hanging up in his living room
    What about a painting given to you by a charity you have helped a lot, like that picture Brendan has.

Quote Originally Posted by phuzz View Post
    I have no doubt liverpool fans will, myself included, but most non Reds wont,

kickthetyres is online now Academy prospect
    I fear the programme could open the club up for yet more ridicule at a time when we least need it. I hope I'm wrong and it proves to be an insightful and balanced look behind the scenes at one of the greatest football clubs in the world.

would be interested to see a poll of the age groups of the people who dont like the idea of this programme being made, i have my suspicions already but still would be good to see.

ceredred is offline Welsh dolphin-whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by 4421 View Post
    The behind-the-scenes documentary Being Liverpool is about to go public. I can't help feeling this is going to be another PR disaster. The club is currently in turmoil. The fans are angry and divided. The manager and the owners are not on the best of terms. The team has had a poor start to the season and confidence is low. And who knows how many players will get injured on international duty - an outcome that will exacerbate FSG's failings in the transfer market.

There is a risk this documentary is going to inflame existing troubles and reopen old wounds (Dalglish, Suarez). Management (FSG) have a big call to make. They have no doubt already had a chance to see it (if they haven't and release it without watching it then we can finally agree that they are incompetent and in dereliction of their fiduciary duty). Good management would also ensure that Brendan Rodgers has had a chance to see it as it could have an impact on the already fragile morale of his squad. One also hopes there is no reference to the Suarez race row with the United match almost upon us. Realising all these things is the bare requirement of good management. And it means Henry and Werner, and they alone, are in a position to decide if now is a good time to release this documentary. Given their less-than-perfect record of late, I would err on the side of caution.
    You should change your avatar to Chicken Licken... you precious drama queen

Quote Originally Posted by I-SEE-red-PEOPLE View Post
    What about a painting given to you by a charity you have helped a lot, like that picture Brendan has.
    Ok,stand corrected.Thought it looked a bit

[QUOTE=TheWalkingRed;8084038]Ok,stand corrected.Thought it looked a bit odd.thanks for the info

WHEELS1974 is offline Academy prospect
    Too many people worrying about this. I think it will be good to get an insight into what goes on at the club. I don't really give a flip what other teams/fans think of it.

I think its time to get our club back to a football club mentallity, and not a business/ reality tv show.

kickthetyres is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEELS1974 View Post
    Too many people worrying about this. I think it will be good to get an insight into what goes on at the club. I don't really give a flip what other teams/fans think of it.
    Yeah, what could possibly go wrong

MignoLetItBe is online now Community Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
    I think its time to get our club back to a football club mentallity, and not a business/ reality tv show.
    It's that mentality that has held us back whilst the likes of United have capitalised on their success and popularity, and it's that mentality which will ensure that we don't compete under FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by -RafaBenitez- View Post
    It's that mentality that has held us back whilst the likes of United have capitalised on their success and popularity, and it's that mentality which will ensure that we don't compete under FFP.
    couldnt agree more. the fact this Club was pretty much last when it came to even getting on the internet at all proved this.