Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hillsborough Independent Panel report 12/9/12 (plus links)

Quote Originally Posted by JammyRodgers View Post
    I'm relieved that the truth is out but shocked and sickened by some of the smear campaign tactics by South Yorkshire Police. We can only hope that those responsable will be brought to justice. RIP to the 96.
    Yes indeed the truth has finally come out. And long overdue.

But the thing is is that it has taken 23 years...23 years. In my opinion the hurt that has been inflicted on these families over these years can never be erased, never be healed and this I stress is only my opinion. I myself have been the victim of very very minor injustice (suppose we all have at some stage ) and I say the hurt it causes is just very dificult to overcome, the damage is done....the damage is done.

Now if everybody on this site can recall an injustice against them , however minor as in my case and think how it made you feel...now try and think what the families have had to endure. Beyond comprehension the hurt they have had to suffer, the damage done to them. I just hope they can get the justice they derserve and that if anybody from the establishment tries to water it down the protests should be deafening.

I suppose in one sense we should be proud that British justice has eventually prevailed and that we hope the lessons will be learnt. You can't cheat the people. Will the powers that be learn that lesson ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

supervalu is offline Armchair supporter
    Having waited so long for a proper answer and the truth,I was glad that the information was finally revealed yesterday.Having to wait 23 years for your families death to be finally acknowledged as a wrong doing by people who are supposed to look after you and who you were brought up to respect is totally disgusting

On numerous occassions we have all probably been caught up in some kind of experience during our football rivalries . Most of it was banter with the odd scrap encountered but all football fans or true football fans would not want this kind of thing to happen to fellow supporters. There are a few who would disagree but they are scum and not right in the head. I think that the coppers thought that here we go again football fans collectively are causing trouble again. How wrong they were .Rifalling through bodies to see if they could get some dirt on them regarding convictions and not trying to save them makes them more than there nickname of Pigs .

I remember being in the Leppings Lane end months or maybe a year or so previously before the disaster happened and was astonished how deep the wall was and then you had the fence as well on top of that .

I also have lost somebody close to me in a none football way and know only too well how waiting for an inquest albeit only 8 months can get to you. Its the not knowing. However to have to wait 23 years I find uncomprehensible.

These people who are responsible for this tragedy need to be locked up as soon as possible. It is only then that you can actively move on and celebrate the lives they had with you in a more happy way if that is possible. Dont get me wrong this will never go away but in time will become easier if justice is finally done.

John Brophy
    Aged 51
    CHELSEA FAN

officially we've been cleared of any wrong doing. but sadly a small minority still believe the lies. i've had a look on sheff wednesdays fan forum and those of nottingham forest. while most of their fans now accept the truth. there is already a growing number who are sifting through the thousands of pages of the report and selecting any statements that put us in a bad light.

on the sheff wed forum there is a statement highlighted from the chief steward that day. he states that he saw fans climbing over the turnstiles,he saw fans being ejected before the gates were opened,he saw fans urinating on the crowd below and he saw fans robbing the snack bar it was left unnattended once the disaster had happened.

maybe he saw some of these things,maybe he's exagerrated other things. i myself say fans climbing the turnstiles. but on cctv it shows fans doing this because they were getting crushed outside.

i can maybe believe some fans robbed the snack bar of a pie or two,that even happens at games nowadays. you have to remember,most fans didnt think hillsborough was serious until well after 3;15.

as for fans urinating in the ground,iy might have happened. they certainly weren't urinating on police or other fans. if this did happen,and i can honestly say i didn't see anything like it,then maybe there is an excuse. you see the tunnel and the toilets are next to each other. i didnt go down the back after the crush,maybe the toilet access was blocked off to treat dead and injured. perhaps you couldnt get to the toilet. i dont know. so maybe the dd fan had a pee in a corner of the stand. of course this has been vastly exaggerrad.

i'd just like to clear things up. this report isn't meant to say all lfc fans behaved well. some no doubt mis behaved. that happenes everywhere with all fans. there is always a minority of idiots. but was the misbehaviour so serious that police can be excused losing control? NO.

the misbehaviour was isolated incidents which could have easily been deat with.

if anyone feels the need to visit the sheff wed forum, it's owlsonline. i didnt bother registering because i'd defended us for 23 years and am fed up of going over the same old things with those who refuse to listed

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    officially we've been cleared of any wrong doing. but sadly a small minority still believe the lies. i've had a look on sheff wednesdays fan forum and those of nottingham forest. while most of their fans now accept the truth. there is already a growing number who are sifting through the thousands of pages of the report and selecting any statements that put us in a bad light.

on the sheff wed forum there is a statement highlighted from the chief steward that day. he states that he saw fans climbing over the turnstiles,he saw fans being ejected before the gates were opened,he saw fans urinating on the crowd below and he saw fans robbing the snack bar it was left unnattended once the disaster had happened.

maybe he saw some of these things,maybe he's exagerrated other things. i myself say fans climbing the turnstiles. but on cctv it shows fans doing this because they were getting crushed outside.

i can maybe believe some fans robbed the snack bar of a pie or two,that even happens at games nowadays. you have to remember,most fans didnt think hillsborough was serious until well after 3;15.

as for fans urinating in the ground,iy might have happened. they certainly weren't urinating on police or other fans. if this did happen,and i can honestly say i didn't see anything like it,then maybe there is an excuse. you see the tunnel and the toilets are next to each other. i didnt go down the back after the crush,maybe the toilet access was blocked off to treat dead and injured. perhaps you couldnt get to the toilet. i dont know. so maybe the dd fan had a pee in a corner of the stand. of course this has been vastly exaggerrad.

i'd just like to clear things up. this report isn't meant to say all lfc fans behaved well. some no doubt mis behaved. that happenes everywhere with all fans. there is always a minority of idiots. but was the misbehaviour so serious that police can be excused losing control? NO.

the misbehaviour was isolated incidents which could have easily been deat with.

if anyone feels the need to visit the sheff wed forum, it's owlsonline. i didnt bother registering because i'd defended us for 23 years and am fed up of going over the same old things with those who refuse to listed
    Not all fans behaved that day, but you only have to read an officer's opinion about April 15th to see that their behaviour was not a contributory factor to the tragedy:"The fans were generally good-natured"

This was the thing I couldn't fathom about Hillsborough, Liverpool fans generally WERE good-natured, and not such a problem as other supporters at the time, so when this happened, and I read all these lies, it didn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by supervalu View Post
    Having waited so long for a proper answer and the truth,I was glad that the information was finally revealed yesterday.Having to wait 23 years for your families death to be finally acknowledged as a wrong doing by people who are supposed to look after you and who you were brought up to respect is totally disgusting

On numerous occassions we have all probably been caught up in some kind of experience during our football rivalries . Most of it was banter with the odd scrap encountered but all football fans or true football fans would not want this kind of thing to happen to fellow supporters. There are a few who would disagree but they are scum and not right in the head. I think that the coppers thought that here we go again football fans collectively are causing trouble again. How wrong they were .Rifalling through bodies to see if they could get some dirt on them regarding convictions and not trying to save them makes them more than there nickname of Pigs .

I remember being in the Leppings Lane end months or maybe a year or so previously before the disaster happened and was astonished how deep the wall was and then you had the fence as well on top of that .

I also have lost somebody close to me in a none football way and know only too well how waiting for an inquest albeit only 8 months can get to you. Its the not knowing. However to have to wait 23 years I find uncomprehensible.

These people who are responsible for this tragedy need to be locked up as soon as possible. It is only then that you can actively move on and celebrate the lives they had with you in a more happy way if that is possible. Dont get me wrong this will never go away but in time will become easier if justice is finally done.

John Brophy
    Aged 51
    CHELSEA FAN
    Many thanks for that John. We all hope that now after 23 long years the families can now get the justice they deserve.

Best wishes.
    Alan, 62.
    LFC fan.

I remember when the panel was first set up to look at the disaster in depth warts and all. Some people including people on here questioned whether it was a double edged sword. "What if they do uncover evidence to back up the police stories?" They said, well we knew they wouldn't because they don't exist. The Taylor report and now this Inquiry found nothing to back up the lies. Did people honestly believe if there was evidence that the police would leave it at the bottom of the pile! Didn't exist then and don't exist now- liars and scum!

GOLDENVISIONMAN is offline Armchair supporter
    I'm a Blue ( proud of the fact that I never wore anything red until I was 12), who happened to be in Edinburgh to watch my son, Jack H**l, perform comedy. Having heard about the play Beyond Hillsborough I was determined to see it, and did so at the last performance. I'm glad I did - it will stay with me forever, long after brilliant performances of Shakespeare, Miller, Tennessee Williams etc have faded. As an audience we knew we were in for a tough, emotional hour or so - but what followed was beyond that. The challenge for the cast [ not all of whom were LFC fans or even football fans at all!] was to present something so awful in a way that was moving without being manipulative: this they achieved admirably. That every line spoken came from testimony/ witness statements helped to ensure this, but the delivery of those words was crucial. The audience was not inveigled in any way, but our responses were clearly unanimous - no matter where we hailed from or what love - or otherwise - was held for LFC. We left, subdued and grateful, most better informed and with ( and I for one did not think this possible) an even greater contempt for those who lied, deceived and protected their own interests to the very end; many acted without compunction or any semblance of courage or honesty. Thanks to all involved. I'll wear my 'Never Forgotten' wristband until it breaks (but I'm pretty sure I'll never log in to this site again!).

BREAKING NEWS

A new police investigation into the Hillsborough disaster is announced by the Home Secretary.

Former Durham Chief Constable Jon Stoddart will lead the new inquiry, which will focus specifically on the 96 deaths of Liverpool fans at the FA Cup semi-final in 1989.

The move comes after a report from the Hillsborough independent panel laid bare a cover-up which attempted to shift the blame for the tragedy on to its victims.

Home Secretary Theresa May says: "I am determined to see a swift and thorough response to the findings of the Hillsborough Panel to deliver justice for the 96 football fans who died and the families who have fought so hard on their behalf."

Never forgotten. YNWA...

NACNUD is offline Justice Campaigner Extraordinaire
    Apologies wrong thread.....
    Last edited by NACNUD; 6-5-15 at 10:52.