Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What (If Anything) would you want from the S*n to forgive them?

Quote Originally Posted by KopiteClark96 View Post
    for me...nothing

whats your thoughts?

JFT96
    I am with you. Some things you never forgive. This is one of them. YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

the only way is for the rag to not exist- you don't trade the lives (of so many) for selling copies: there has to be a time in any one's life where right is right and wrong is wrong no matter what

GeneralParanoia is offline Academy prospect
    The Sun newspaper ran perhaps the most despicable front page in the history of journalism, denigrating and insulting the men, women and children who had lost their lives in one of the worst tragedies in peacetime Britain.

They insulted an entire generation of traumatised survivors and the families of those who didn't return from a football match. They insulted a city in mourning, rubbing salt into the deep and open wounds without remorse.

Then for 23 years, they remained silent, allowing the horrific lies they told to fester and reinforce the negative stereotypes of people from this city and worst still, refused to allow the dead to rest in peace or the survivors to try and move on.

Its is only when the Truth has been undeniably proven in the public domain that they've sought to offer the most insincere and hollowest of apologies. Same goes for that lowlife Kelvin MacKenzie, who still sought to blame others for his atrocious actions.

Do not doubt for a second that this was the desperate act of a disgraceful newspaper with nowhere left to cower and hide from the travesty of what it printed that day. Nothing it can ever say or do can or should earn forgiveness for that sin.

Except maybe never printing another issue ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by PaoloMossy View Post
    How it survived Levinson when the NOTW bit the dust I'll never know... I'd like to think they've lost a load more readership today and as far as I'm concerned it should no longer be stocked on Merseyside.
    You will find that an awful lot of folks on merseyside buy it. The diet it serves up of tittle tattle, ignoring the real news to keep people in their place seems to suit the very people that the Sun is against. They proport to be for the ordinay person but theyre not. they are for privelage and anyone who keeps working people under the thumb. Yet working folk buy it. why?

smokintony is offline Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    You will find that an awful lot of folks on merseyside buy it. The diet it serves up of tittle tattle, ignoring the real news to keep people in their place seems to suit the very people that the Sun is against. They proport to be for the ordinay person but theyre not. they are for privelage and anyone who keeps working people under the thumb. Yet working folk buy it. why?
    The working classes in general are total morons, collectively we have the most power but are more likely to accept being **** on more than anyone else

Given that they still refused to print the two little (but still hugely important words) "WE LIED", I'd say that they are pretty much beyond apologies. They can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by KopiteClark96 View Post
    for me...nothing

whats your thoughts?

JFT96
    Cease publication

Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    The working classes in general are total morons, collectively we have the most power but are more likely to accept being **** on more than anyone else
    Its less moronic and more apathetic. The working-classes are so used to being on the bottom rungs of society that we've accepted that the structure of society as it is will simply not allow the vast majority to flourish at the expense of the elite minority.

So working class people, tired of a system that keeps in place the rigid structures of society that have existed in various guises for a thousand years, have two choices; fight for change or try to make the best of what we have. Most in this country have chosen the latter.

smokintony is offline Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmReynolds View Post
    Its less moronic and more apathetic. The working-classes are so used to being on the bottom rungs of society that we've accepted that the structure of society as it is will simply not allow the vast majority to flourish at the expense of the elite minority.

So working class people, tired of a system that keeps in place the rigid structures of society that have existed in various guises for a thousand years, have two choices; fight for change or try to make the best of what we have. Most in this country have chosen the latter.
    You are correct, Ive always thought things were going to change especially when I was younger, but as the years pass it becomes ever so more apparent its not likely to in the foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    You are correct, Ive always thought things were going to change especially when I was younger, but as the years pass it becomes ever so more apparent its not likely to in the foreseeable future
    Same here. You've got to hope for better but as you grow older, you accept that society is not going to change. Especially when those who want to maintain the status quo are the ones holding the power.

Unfortunately, it appears to be getting worse rather than better. Greed is becoming more and more important in a materialistic society. Corruption is as rampant as ever and the vast majority of people are just sick and tired of it all.

I will always hold out hope that we can make society a more egalitarian because the future is too bleak to imagine otherwise.

The strength of character of the Hillsborough families and their determination for the truth is an inspiration and proves that with the effort and perseverance, goals can be achieved and good can win out against the odds.

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    I can't forgive

I do however admit to spending 10 minutes reading through the first few pages in Asda this morning. I enjoyed watching them admit their mistakes, watching them officially retract all the vile lies they so dispicably told. Yesterdays revelations left them no room for half-hearted retractions, no room for ambiguities; they had to concede total and absolute responsibilty for their part in this awful tragedy.

There is no longer ANY doubt as to what really happened that day, and I just hope that anybody affected by it can take just a little solice from that

I want nothing from the S*n. I don't honestly think there is a shred of remorse in Mackenzie or Mohan. There was no remorse 23 years ago for accusing fellow humans (never mind them being Liverpool fans) of urinating on the dead, and stealing from the bodies. There is no remorse now, it is purely a panic reaction, because they know what's coming.

My sincere wish would be that the families get peace and above all justice. Even if that means turning over all the perpetrators of this disgusting cover up, to the families of the fallen, the mentally scarred and the injured. I'd like to see them suffer the same pain that the families and everyone affected by this disaster have had to endure over 23 years.

Scum, utter scum.

GG mufc is offline Armchair supporter
    thats easy, give all responsible a free weekend in Liverpool town centre and let the LFC fans show their appreciation for the lot of them!

KateLFC12 is offline Armchair supporter
    The sun shouldnt be sold in liverpool ! should get every copy on sale in liverpool and have a bonfire ..i also agree to the printing of it being stopped. Have been brought up to never go near it and never will ! ...JFT96

This media tripe can say what that they like and call it an apology, as far as im concerned what they have done is unforgivable and will never be forgotten, it makes me sick to see that trash on sheleves in shops but to have to see this mornings release with a pathetic attempt of an apology hit me right at the bottom of my stomach, they can rot in hell.

Totally agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread. Some things truly are unforgivable. However, what I also find very, very distasteful is the plethora of journalists from other papers-especially older journalists, who reported on the disaster at the time and who to a man towed the line and exacerbated to various degrees the slander and bile presented as facts by the authorities. Today, they write grandly of Truth and Justice but, for me, they are as culpable as those policemen, politicians, emergency services, football authorities (FA the name says it all), coroners etc who to a man upheld the establishment line. Their hypocrisy makes me sick!!! One paper may be a pariah on Merseyside and further afield but there are journalists working at other papers who should be treated with the same contempt.

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed is offline Academy prospect
    **** them. I hate them.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Filthy Rag peddling evil lies

Quote Originally Posted by GG mufc View Post
    thats easy, give all responsible a free weekend in Liverpool town centre and let the LFC fans show their appreciation for the lot of them!
    Actually that's really not a bad idea. It's papers like the s*n after all who are all for 'proper', old fashioned punishments for the liars and shysters in this country. Put them in the stocks in the city centre for a day!

Or, if they see modern punishments as being too soft, they could do community service litter picking in the streets of Liverpool or around Stanley Park with the bright orange viz-vests on saying 'commmunity payback'.

they can do nothing to put right the wrong.

MacKenzie isn't 'sorry,' as in remorseful, he is only sorry that he has finally been caught.

I would love to see him pushed into a cell with Thatcher, Duckenfield, and Bettison. Then the cell is placed in the City centre where people can come along and hurl abuse for free or throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at them, say 1 per egg or tomato, all proceeds to go to the Hillsborough families.

And I want a tenners worth of eggs to start the party.

Then after weeks of this, the S*n is closed down.

Shut them down. End of.

nothing...they are dirty.

the closing down of the *** would be a great day in my opinion, followed by mackenzie behind bars for perverting the course of justice, and the ending of pensions of all who worked their between 89 and 93 so they can live on the streets.

After the carnage and uneducated comments in last night's twitter thread im bumping this.

Hopefully this will help a certain poster understand why his words caused the outrage they did.

JFT 96 .

Jft 96

ynwa
    Last edited by 99RedBalloons; 14-10-15 at 14:25.

The Lies were bad enough but they were compounded several times during the subsequent years by their editor Kelvin mackenzie with his insistence in standing over them. Subsequent editors did little to address this blaring lie either. Anything now, like david duckenfield's apology, is far too little and far too late.
    Never, Ever, Ever buy the sun.

There is just no way back.

Murdoch's propaganda machine is ultimately doomed. Fox News preaches bile to pensioners and cannot stop younger generations flooding to digital media for entirely new voices on the news.

His journalists are sweating under more and more scrutiny and will not be able to keep their practices, past and present, secret. They have lost control of the spotlight and cannot adjust to the new democracy of digital news.

So, there is no way back.

There is just keeping up the pressure, as each day passes, and more and more people come to realise that that paper just does not befit a modern, progressive and enlightened society, and hasn't for a very long time.

Forgiveness for me is a healing process, some people can't move on with hatred. It doesn't need an apology, it's not something that needs the perpetrator of the crimes to show remorse. Purely an individual choice from the people affected in helping them move forward in life.

Nothing- too late!

A forced apology is not a genuine apology!

Never forget- never forgive!

JFT96 Y.N.W.A

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    TBH I'd like all press sources to explain why they think they are entitled to tell lies. The Sun of course is beyond redemption but they aren't the first newspaper to publish absolute diatribe lies. So why do they do it? Any of them?