Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What (If Anything) would you want from the S*n to forgive them?

1. #1 Default What (If Anything) would you want from the S*n to forgive them? 
    for me...nothing

whats your thoughts?

JFT96
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

An announcement that they are permanently closing down the print presses like they did for the NOTW.

I still wouldnt forgive them, but i would be glad to read it.

bristolbob is offline Armchair supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KopiteClark96 View Post
    for me...nothing

whats your thoughts?

JFT96
    shut down all sacked and reporters responsable for the crap they wrote to have one word tattooed across there forehead LIAR.

I'd like to see the headline of "The Truth, we lied". Then every single page is a full page mug shot of every single person involved in the cover-up; that would be the only thing in print.

No one will forgive them, but it would close the chapter with The Sun.

Cumbrian. is offline First team regular
    What they did was unforgivable.

Also nothing.
    Anything they do or say is 23 years too late AND would be because they thought it would sell copies. Nothing more.

JFT96

smokintony is online now Boot Room insider
    I can never forgive them

They cannot be forgiven but we can start by stringing the toe rag editor up

Same feeling as most really can NEVER forgive them for what they printed, for me they are the lowest of the low!!!

Captain Mauser is offline Charm School Teacher
    How it survived Levinson when the NOTW bit the dust I'll never know... I'd like to think they've lost a load more readership today and as far as I'm concerned it should no longer be stocked on Merseyside.

Nothing!

Waited too long.

Just pleased the families rejected mckenzies excuse. Aren't journalists supposed to research stories?

The scum can stick their apology
    Last edited by wotnot2; 15-9-12 at 19:55.

Paullfc1976 is offline LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    Nothing, I don't touch it now, and will never touch it again.

I have seen people on a train from London to Liverpool reading that paper, they have Liverpool shirts on - they should be ashamed of themselves.

Honestly?....nothing. I feel personally that a line wasnt just crossed, there was an incredible viscousness in their actions, a callousness in subsequent reactions and a total lack of understanding and humanity thoughout their whole handling of everything.

They could publish the apology, print the pictures, close down, sell up and donate all the proceeds to the Justice campaign, they will never, ever do anything for me to be able to forgive or forget.

However the one thing all media outlets could do is stop giving airtime to that oxygen stealing **** McKenzie. That would be some kind of gesture.
    Last edited by HyppHyppHurray; 12-9-12 at 19:58. Reason: Easy there, Tiger.

Hopefully this will finally open the wider world's eyes to that rag's unethical approach to reporting.

There can be no forgiveness.

Boycot the S*n for all eternity

MignoLetItBe is offline Academy prospect
    A (truthful) pledge that all money it makes for the next 96 years will go to various charities, along with kidnapping Kelvin MacKenzie and leaving him tied up in Liverpool city centre next to a selection of blunt instruments. A total rebranding of the paper so that it is no longer an obnoxious tabloid with a stupid name wouldn't go amiss either.

Quote Originally Posted by -RafaBenitez- View Post
    A (truthful) pledge that all money it makes for the next 96 years will go to various charities, along with kidnapping Kelvin MacKenzie and leaving him tied up in Liverpool city centre next to a selection of blunt instruments. A total rebranding of the paper so that it is no longer an obnoxious tabloid with a stupid name wouldn't go amiss either.
    Ooh, mines the mace!

Redhead is offline Luvvy of the year (Or Recognition if you must)...
    What they did then was unforgivable. However, in the following years their pathetic attempts to try and justify their actions/words/editors etc made a terrible situation even worse.

Only now they've received indisputable proof of what actually happened, they've felt the need to try and be genuine in their latest attempt at an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by KopiteClark96 View Post
    for me...nothing

whats your thoughts?

JFT96
    Nothing.

The paper as a whole can not be forgiven.

Currently the employees there who weren't there in 1989 can't be to blame, they are focused on negatively by association.

But that paper as an organization have sealed their fate. I won't forgive them.

CKReds1892 is offline Academy prospect
    Closing down the newpaper would be the best thing to do

Captain Mauser is offline Charm School Teacher
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenliver View Post
    Nothing.

The paper as a whole can not be forgiven.

Currently the employees there who weren't there in 1989 can't be to blame, they are focused on negatively by association.

But that paper as an organization have sealed their fate. I won't forgive them.
    Most of those at the NOTW weren't to blame for phone tapping....

They should do what ALL newspapers should have done at the time

Undertake a THOROUGH INVESTIGATION of the events and report the FACTS

EXPOSE the people who LIED and COVERED UP, including the members of the Police, Police Federation, MPs, Sheffield City Council, Government officials and Ministers, et al

APOLOGISE SINCERELY for the Lies, the HURT and their FAILURE to correct the INJUSTICE for over 23 years

Devote a whole SUPPLEMENT (or better still the whole paper for day) with FULL EDITORIAL CONTROL to the family and friends of the victims to write their personal accounts of what happened and the consequences for them. This may allow some to tell us all stories of their loved ones, what they were really like as people rather than knowing about them as victims. There are many people in the media who would gladly help the families and friends to do this

For many of us none or all of this would still be enough, but it is the very minimum they should do nonetheless

tweepie is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    I'd never buy that paper anyway, regardless of Hillsborough... Gutter press at its lowest.

But, it's not for me to forgive, I wasn't there, I didn't know any of the 96, I'm not even from Liverpool.
    Forgiveness is a personal thing.
    Some find it easy to forgive, they find peace from it.
    Anger and bitterness can eat away at you.
    For others, it's not easy, especially when they've faced injustice and barriers at every turn.
    When a lie so low is told that it serves to exacerbate the guilt a survivor might already have felt..(."why did I survive and they did not" is something many survivors feel guilty about after any tragedy ) for 23 years, when it helps to misinform the public about the truth of an event so much that hateful chants get sung about dead people, that a minutes silence is disrupted... You have to wonder if it can ever be forgiven.
    If some of the families and survivors can find it in their heart to forgive, they have my utmost respect and admiration.
    If they can't forgive, I for one could not blame them.
    Last edited by tweepie; 12-9-12 at 20:15.
    YNWA

Today we had the truth. Many of my family and friends have been truly shocked by today's revelations, many of which I have told them repeatedly but for some they had heard the counter claims blaming the fans and were not sure what to believe. There were many revelations today that were even a shock to the families and others who have been very close to this for over 23 years

We still need to educate some who are refusing to believe either LCJ Taylor's original report from 22 years ago, or today's outcome, and we need to maintain the support for teh families and victims in their ongoing pursuit for JUSTICE

We also need to get all football fans to understand that "[I]there but for the grace of God go I[/I]". What happended to the 96 could have happened to any football fans

I know it is very short notice but I think we should start a campaign NOW for the football authorities to halt EVERY football game this weekend 6 minutes after it starts (regardless of when it starts) and hold a 2 minute commemeration for the victims and as a show of solidarity with their families

The Premier League, Football League and FA could instruct clubs and officials to do this without any bother. UEFA should do the same across Europe this weekend

One of the most poignant memories in the week after Hillsborough was for a minute's silence for the victims immediately before kick off in a European Cup game involving AC Milan to be roken when the Milan fans spontaneously started singing "You'll Never Walk Alone"

We should encorage all games to stop for 2 minutes and encourage fans to either sing YNWA or chant "Justice for the 96"

If you agree, spread the word. We know from transfer rumours that if we can get something trending on Twitter today it will be discussed on the radio phone ins and newspaper columns tomorrow. Plenty of time for the football authorities to make a decision before any games start on Saturday

glad to see everyone here agrees with me. the NOTW ended...maybe this could be the beginning of the end for the s*n too

YNWA

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Nothing can undo what they did.

tweepie is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFFYFROG View Post

We still need to educate some who are refusing to believe either LCJ Taylor's original report from 22 years ago, or today's outcome, and we need to maintain the support for teh families and victims in their ongoing pursuit for JUSTICE

We also need to get all football fans to understand that "[I]there but for the grace of God go I[/I]". What happended to the 96 could have happened to any football fans

Agreed.

I had a quick look at the cup fixtures of that year... From round three onwards any set of supporters from these clubs could have ended up in the Leppings Lane Terrace on 15th April 1989.

Liverpool
    Nottingham Forest
    Brentford
    Man Utd.
    Hull
    Bournemouth
    Millwall
    QPR
    Carlisle Utd
    Oxford Utd
    Luton Town
    Blackpool
    Bradford City
    Bristol City
    Sheffield Wednesday*
    Hartlepool
    Torquay Utd
    Watford
    Blackburn Rovers
    Newcastle United
    Manchester City
    Leeds Utd.
    Leicester City
    Brighton
    Ipswich
    Welling.

*obviously Wednesday, had they made the semi would have been at a neutral venue, but my list illustrates something that could be shown to supporters of those clubs first and foremost.
    YNWA

what ever they tried to save their own skin.

it would be far too little,far too late.

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    A colleague in work has the Sun and I've just read the apology printed inside it.

This is the first time I've ever read the paper or even picked it up but felt quite emotional as we've been fighting for it for so long.

Anyone else read it? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    A colleague in work has the Sun and I've just read the apology printed inside it.

This is the first time I've ever read the paper or even picked it up but felt quite emotional as we've been fighting for it for so long.

Anyone else read it? Thoughts?
    I hope you put it in the bin afterwards and asked your colleague to choose a different paper