Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd to sing YNWA

1. #1 Crest Man Utd to sing YNWA 
    Read on the Utd forum that there is a possibility they might sing 1 chorus of YNWA in respect to the 96, they are also talking about holding up a banner saying RIP 96, if this was to happen i think this would be an amazing gesture on there behalf and show the world as much as there is a fierce rivalry between the 2 clubs that there is also a mutual respect, what worries me is some of the idiots we have supporting our club who will sometime during the game start chanting about Munich, if you are one of these people then PLEASE DONT, you will be badly letting the club, the fans and youselves down and showing a lack of respect to the 96 fans who lost there lives, If the UTD fans do this, then show them the respect they deserve with a round of applause,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Merge, already in the thread about man u.

The other thread is about some of our fans chanting about Munich mine is more on the lines of UTD singing YNWA and how respectful this would be

Quote Originally Posted by TheBootRoom
    Some of the messages, especially on Redcafe were very touching and genuine. Some United fans have suggested putting club rivalries aside for the start of the match next week, and joining in with You`ll Never Walk Alone in respect for the 96..... they have also enquired about bringing some banners into the stadium with JFT96 in support of the quest for justice - very classy of them.
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by EssexTony View Post
    Sorry, never seen it

No worries, it's not too clear by the thread title to be hoenst

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Quote Originally Posted by Briman View Post
    Read on the Utd forum that there is a possibility they might sing 1 chorus of YNWA in respect to the 96, they are also talking about holding up a banner saying RIP 96, if this was to happen i think this would be an amazing gesture on there behalf and show the world as much as there is a fierce rivalry between the 2 clubs that there is also a mutual respect, what worries me is some of the idiots we have supporting our club who will sometime during the game start chanting about Munich, if you are one of these people then PLEASE DONT, you will be badly letting the club, the fans and youselves down and showing a lack of respect to the 96 fans who lost there lives, If the UTD fans do this, then show them the respect they deserve with a round of applause,
    If this happens then it revives my hope in human nature.
    After experiencing the difference in positive spectators in the Olympics - and the vibe it created - I really hope some bridges can be crossed. Its just time to stop being horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by geralion View Post
    If this happens then it revives my hope in human nature.
    After experiencing the difference in positive spectators in the Olympics - and the vibe it created - I really hope some bridges can be crossed. Its just time to stop being horrid.
    I agree, and I would be blown over if this was to happen. I got some hope about humanity with the Z Cars at Anfield over young Rees when he was shot and killed, although I would expect that within the city I couldn't ever comprehend this might happen from Man Utd supporters.

I would never expect this to happen tbh. I think something may happen, like some banners or something. but to expect Manu fans to sing our anthem is like expecting a Liverpool fan to sing Z-Cars. It's just totally alien to them, and I think it would be asking a LOT. A few banners and maybe a chant of JFT96 at the outside, but I would be utterly gobsmacked if they sang YNWA.

Sorry, but I can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanKings View Post
    I would never expect this to happen tbh. I think something may happen, like some banners or something. but to expect Manu fans to sing our anthem is like expecting a Liverpool fan to sing Z-Cars. It's just totally alien to them, and I think it would be asking a LOT. A few banners and maybe a chant of JFT96 at the outside, but I would be utterly gobsmacked if they sang YNWA.

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    God forbid but if the circumstances arose i think we would

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanKings View Post

God forbid, but if the circumstances arose i think we would

God forbid, but if the circumstances arose i think we would
    No doubt about it.

raybarnes is online now Football Dicsussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Your talking rubbish Munich chants will not be heard

tbh singing about Munich brings disgrace to the club and it needs to be stamped out completely. Those who do are not fans of Liverpool Football Club.

raybarnes is online now Football Dicsussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    If you think The Mancs will be singing YNWA your sadly deluded

Quote Originally Posted by webb68 View Post
    tbh singing about Munich brings disgrace to the club and it needs to be stamped out completely. Those who do are not fans of Liverpool Football Club.
    Its not been sung for ages mate its just idiots digging up the past

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Your talking rubbish Munich chants will not be heard
    Firstly, i hope your right and know doubt you are, Secondly, whether you agree or not who the hell are you to say im talking rubbish,

They will not sing YNWA
    They will not have a banner saying RIP 96

There will be no Munich chants

Who are you to tell us to show them respect
    Why are you reading stuff on there forums
    Last edited by raybarnes; 13-9-12 at 18:12.

Firstly, i hope your right and know doubt you are, Secondly, whether you agree or not who the hell are you to say im talking rubbish,
    But the whole post is utter rubbish

He's POTY....well not literally..

Has to be remembered that 99% of United fans are good decent people. I have known plenty in my time and allthough the rivalry is intense and can on occassions go OTT, most of them outside of the rivary are genuine enough.

Doesn't surprise me that they will make some sort of gesture, I mean it might be hi -jacked by a few mindless ones but the sentiment is there. Hoot was on here yisterdee giving his support for the families and LFC over the tragedy. I thanked him.

So whatever gesture is offered or occures we should thank them, and enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by noeyedear View Post

Has to be remembered that 99% of United fans are good decent people. I have known plenty in my time and allthough the rivalry is intense and can on occassions go OTT, most of them outside of the rivary are genuine enough.

Doesn't surprise me that they will make some sort of gesture, I mean it might be hi -jacked by a few mindless ones but the sentiment is there. Hoot was on here yisterdee giving his support for the families and LFC over the tragedy. I thanked him.

So whatever gesture is offered or occures we should thank them, and enjoy the game.
    Will never happen

99% decent fans my arse

They will not sing YNWA
    They will have a banner saying RIP 96

There will be no Munich chants

Who are you to tell us to show them respect
    Why are you reading stuff on there forums
    You can do what you like but if they do i know i will show them the respect they will deserve no doubt like 99% of our fans will do,
    And why im reading stuff on there forum is none of your buisness

Will never happen

99% decent fans my arse
    Have a day off POTY..

I'd eat my hat if they sang it, but they'll show the appropriate respect and it should be reciprocated.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes;8098327[B
    ]If you think The Mancs will be singing YNWA your sadly deluded[/B]

Stranger things have happened, did you ever think Everton fans would be chanting Dalglish's name like they were last night

Quote Originally Posted by noeyedear View Post

You are deluded if you think 99% of them are decent people. How many do you actually deal with day to day?
    They are obsessed with hating us and spitting vile every time they come to anfield. But it doesnt stop there they sing filth about us every game they play, against whoever they play, its pathetic. Where do you think the bitters get all there sick songs about us from??? Now im not saying there isnt decent people amongst them, clearly this is shown by some of the comments on the red cafe but 99%? not even remotely close. If there is an uninterupted gesture on the 23rd i will be very very humbled but i just fear there is to many vile scumbags amongst them that will ruin it

Stranger things have happened, did you ever think Everton fans would be chanting Dalglish's name like they were last night
    Our City always unites when under threat
    No surprise our Bluenose friend stand side by side with us

I have many Bluenose friends and even have Bluenose cousins

Quote Originally Posted by dezzy1 View Post
    You are deluded if you think 99% of them are decent people. How many do you actually deal with day to day?
    They are obsessed with hating us and spitting vile every time they come to anfield. But it doesnt stop there they sing filth about us every game they play, against whoever they play, its pathetic. Where do you think the bitters get all there sick songs about us from??? Now im not saying there isnt decent people amongst them, clearly this is shown by some of the comments on the red cafe but 99%? not even remotely close. If there is an uninterupted gesture on the 23rd i will be very very humbled but i just fear there is to many vile scumbags amongst them that will ruin it
    I think you're the deluded one, football rivalries will always be football rivalries. I doubt 99% of all man utd supporters in the world hate all of Liverpool supporters just because of the team we support. Same as it isn't true that 99% of Liverpool fans across the world hate all of man utd fans just because of who they support. Get over it.

Back to the thread subject, if they do actually go through with this then I will have alot more respect for the club and it would be a genuinely respectful and nice thing for them to do.