Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Message from a united fan.

Fervent passion for one's own club should not preclude a basic respect for supporters of a rival club. To me that is part of the Liverpool way.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

bilsland is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Well said OP.
    I agree with all the responses too.
    My daughter is a ManUtd fan...its a long story ..so as you can imagine the 'banter' is never ending in our house....but it stops with the football. (it could have been worse she could have chosen Everton!)
    Your support over this is very welcome, and I know that you are not the only Man Utd supporter to share those sentiments for this appalling event. YNWA

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Thanks, and what a brilliant thread.

YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by MUFC2912 View Post
    Firstly, i have to say well done for never giving in when many would have in lesser circumstances such as this. I have a family myself and couldn't possibly imagine what you have gone through. I only hope that you get full closure with arrests being made for the scum that covered this over for so long. Myself i have never bought a copy of "THAT" rag of a paper since they spouted the bile that they did. I will be at Anfield for the game, and although there will always be banter (have to say i like that about the scousers) i hope everyone shows the respect they should to to you. YNWA RIP the 96.
    Respect. Takes a man to stand up and be counted. Lets hope the hatred between us dies, but the rivallry, may it long continue.

JFT 96

MUFC2912 is offline Armchair supporter
    Quite a few of us on the caf, have echoed what most of you guys on here have said.....Liverpool have history pride and a very loyal set of fans....no doubt about that. Ans you don't get better games than United v Liverpool. I love the banter, the p155 taking.....you give and you take. Myself i have never sang any of "them" chants, and have made it clear if ive heard anyone singing them that it is not what out club was built on...same principles as your great club. I honestly hope that the banter continue.....and the sick chants from both sides cease. And as i said before......the scum that covered this over.......are brought to justice.

Quite a few of us on the caf, have echoed what most of you guys on here have said.....Liverpool have history pride and a very loyal set of fans....no doubt about that. Ans you don't get better games than United v Liverpool. I love the banter, the p155 taking.....you give and you take. Myself i have never sang any of "them" chants, and have made it clear if ive heard anyone singing them that it is not what out club was built on...same principles as your great club. I honestly hope that the banter continue.....and the sick chants from both sides cease. And as i said before......the scum that covered this over.......are brought to justice.
    Nicely put.

I know there have been threads on here in the past paying respects to those that lost their lives in Munich. The people that chant are definitely the minority - on both sides. Neither club want's to be associated with those people.

It gives future generations something to live up to, if the fans can keep the rivalry healthy and more importantly, about football.

Thanks for taking the time to post and show your respects, I've personally found the most supportive site I've visited to be Redcafe. Something I think that has amazed a lot people.

old-school is online now Academy prospect
    Thank you,

Now that the truth came out I hope the sick chants will end. From both sides.

RIP 96 - RIP 23

Quote Originally Posted by xRedmanLFCx View Post
    You're probably Irish aswell then?
    What's up with you? Someone steal the milk out of your corn flakes or something? Give it a rest eh, there are bigger things in life than football rivalry.

To the OP, thank you very much for your kind words and respect for taking the time to come on here and express those thoughts, much appreciated. RIP - The 96 YNWA

Got a mate runs a pub in Altrincham , first time I visited I wore my Liverpool shirt as we were playing MU that night, got unbelievable stick but all good natured went to the game we won 1-0 and when we got back to the pub was treated brilliantly. It totally changed my perception of the Mancs so it's not a surprise to see this here, well done pal and thanks for the support.

Quite a few of us on the caf, have echoed
    what most of you guys on here have said.....Liverpool have history pride and a very loyal set of fans....no doubt about that. Ans you don't get better games than United v Liverpool. I love the banter, the p155 taking.....you give and you take. Myself i have never sang any of "them" chants, and have made it clear if ive heard anyone singing them that it is not what out club was built on...same principles as your great club. I honestly hope that the banter continue.....and the sick chants from both sides cease. And as i said before......the scum that covered this over.......are brought to justice.
    Well said.
    Your a credit to your club and fans in general .
    Still hope we destroy you next week!

Thanks for this lad, like i said to another supporter (of another club) who posted a similar message on this forum, we need more fans like you in the game! I like nothing more than when respect is shown between clubs, makes me proud!

YNWA, have a good time at the game mate, atmosphere will be intense.

Well in, lad. Makes me sick some fans were still chanting about it yesterday, makes me sick that some Liverpool fans chant about Munich. There are some things you never do and that's one of them.

Moving words MUFC2912 and welcome ones. I can only hope some of the lying swine who vilified our fans get to read forums like this and watch the tribute by Everton last night. Maybe they will have the decency to hang their heads in shame one day, hopefully just after the cell door slams behind them.

I was watching the whole docu drama from 1996 on youtube last night (never seen it before) and it made my blood BOIL it really did. An absolute disgrace from the police/justice system/government. Ill reiterate what i said earlier, you have my utmost respect for never giving in and are a credit to everyone. Looking forward to the game on Sunday. May the best team win, two GREAT sides on show.............YNWA.

Quote Originally Posted by bilsland View Post
    Well said OP.
    I agree with all the responses too.
    My daughter is a ManUtd fan...its a long story ..so as you can imagine the 'banter' is never ending in our house....but it stops with the football. (it could have been worse she could have chosen Everton!)
    Your support over this is very welcome, and I know that you are not the only Man Utd supporter to share those sentiments for this appalling event. YNWA
    Are you not from Liverpool then? Always thought you were a scouser. It is possible though if you were say from Ireland or maybe some other part of Britain but to be a manc in Liverpool would be quite strange.

Credit to the OP

I think it's time we remembered we are human beings first and football supporters (a very close!) second.

Cumbrian. is offline First team regular
    I was watching the whole docu drama from 1996 on youtube last night (never seen it before) and it made my blood BOIL it really did. An absolute disgrace from the police/justice system/government. Ill reiterate what i said earlier, you have my utmost respect for never giving in and are a credit to everyone. Looking forward to the game on Sunday. May the best team win, two GREAT sides on show.............YNWA.
    Cheers lad.

garbut is offline Armchair supporter
    From a Man U fan
    My dream for tomorrow would be the Man U fans at the Anfield road end Unfirling a banner reading"We died with you at Hillsborough RIP"
    And then chant Liverpool,Liverpool, Liverpool in respect of all those who never came back and to show thier families that we have never forgotten thier awful loss.
    And then the Kop to sing Glory Glory Man United and so put an end to the absolutely dreadful chants that have done no credit to the truly decent fans of these 2
    legendary clubs.
    I cant remember who said THESE words.....But"You may call me a dreamer.....But Im not the only one"

How to sum up.......the team that played better on the day lost. Refereeing farcical, (glad to get the three points even though we played very badly though) my apologies for some idiots fans that chanted united during YNWA, it wasn't all just the minority idiot. Lets hope we just go back the rivalry/banter that there should be.

The best thing United supporters should have done today was join in with YNWA, after all, it was sung at Old Trafford in a memorial service days after the Munich disaster, as the musical-film it's taken from, Carousel, was popular at the time.

Man United could have adopted that anthem from then on, but they didn't, we did when Gerry and the Pacemakers had the hit record in 1963.

bilsland is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by xRedmanLFCx View Post
    Are you not from Liverpool then? Always thought you were a scouser. It is possible though if you were say from Ireland or maybe some other part of Britain but to be a manc in Liverpool would be quite strange.
    I'm actually Cornish but met My husband when I came to do a course in Liverpool and have now lived on merseyside for 40 years . Started to follow LFC before that though after a earlier boyfriend to me to watch them play as he had gone to school with Steve Heighway and after that there was no other team for me. My husband is from Liverpool and has always been a Red. We think our daughter was swappped in the maternity ward....

Quote Originally Posted by GAGGZY View Post
    I was friends with a United supporter in my last year at school. He went to their FA Cup semi-final match against Derby County at Hillsborough in 1976. He was off school for five weeks after. He had broken three ribs after being crushed behind a barrier in the Leppings Lane end.

When I spoke to him again he told me there was loads of fans who were crushed and suffered broken arms, ribs, hands, and he thought he was going to die.

What a horrible horrible ground this was. And nothing was ever done about it apart from make it even more of a death trap by sectioning up the terrace even more, creating pens from which there was no escape.

Great post from the United fan. The lads I know who support United all knew about the cover-up, coz I told them about it for years.
    Found myself reading old threads in here today.

Needs a bump this.

JFT96.

NACNUD is online now Justice Campaigner Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    Found myself reading old threads in here today.

Needs a bump this.

JFT96.

It's amazing how far we've come in the last few years isn't it. Like all things in life you just never how things will change from one day to the next.......

It's also heart warming to think that many other supporters from clubs all over the UK and abroad have supported us for all these years in our fight for Justice ........Still along way to go but we hopefully are slowly getting there....Duckenfield's evidence has been immense.

Respect and a huge thank you to all of them......

YNWA.....

Quote Originally Posted by NACNUD View Post
    It's amazing how far we've come in the last few years isn't it. Like all things in life you just never how things will change from one day to the next.......

It's also heart warming to think that many other supporters from clubs all over the UK and abroad have supported us for all these years in our fight for Justice ........Still along way to go but we hopefully are slowly getting there....Duckenfield's evidence has been immense.

Respect and a huge thank you to all of them......

YNWA.....
    Great words.

You deserve a medal for your tremendous efforts.

JFT96.

Firstly, i have to say well done for never giving in when many would have in lesser circumstances such as this. I have a family myself and couldn't possibly imagine what you have gone through. I only hope that you get full closure with arrests being made for the scum that covered this over for so long. Myself i have never bought a copy of "THAT" rag of a paper since they spouted the bile that they did. I will be at Anfield for the game, and although there will always be banter (have to say i like that about the scousers) i hope everyone shows the respect they should to to you. YNWA RIP the 96.
    Class act. From a fellow mufc fan