Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message from a united fan.

1. #1 euro_cup Message from a united fan. 
    MUFC2912 is offline Armchair supporter
    Firstly, i have to say well done for never giving in when many would have in lesser circumstances such as this. I have a family myself and couldn't possibly imagine what you have gone through. I only hope that you get full closure with arrests being made for the scum that covered this over for so long. Myself i have never bought a copy of "THAT" rag of a paper since they spouted the bile that they did. I will be at Anfield for the game, and although there will always be banter (have to say i like that about the scousers) i hope everyone shows the respect they should to to you. YNWA RIP the 96.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Fair play lad.

Cant really understand why you would want to be on our forums but with regard to your post, alright cheers.

Nice one.

The rivalry between us as fans will never die, but it would be nice if the hatred did.

Thank you.

smokintony is offline Boot Room insider
    Thanks for that, it means so much for us when we see fans of other clubs that our on our side over this, its especially welcome when its fans from our biggest rivals whos fans we dont usually see eye to eye with, A cover up on this scale should not be ignored or even praised by anyone just because of a sporting rivalry. Again Thank You for this such words restore my faith that it isnt just a cold heartless world of a them and us attitude

JFT96
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by MUFC2912 View Post
    Firstly, i have to say well done for never giving in when many would have in lesser circumstances such as this. I have a family myself and couldn't possibly imagine what you have gone through. I only hope that you get full closure with arrests being made for the scum that covered this over for so long. Myself i have never bought a copy of "THAT" rag of a paper since they spouted the bile that they did. I will be at Anfield for the game, and although there will always be banter (have to say i like that about the scousers) i hope everyone shows the respect they should to to you. YNWA RIP the 96.
    Thank you...we always knew that fans from other clubs supported us in the fight for the truth about Hillsborough, it is great that you have taken the time to show your support.....I too hope that the 'singing' of a number of songs from both sides will now stop..but I sure hope we beat the living daylights out of you at Anfield.............

Thanks for coming to this forum and posting your comment, this is an issue that trancends football rivalry. I can only speak as a supporter not a scouser. The families have fought long and hard to clear their loved ones names of the slander placed upon them and have finally been proven right. That it took so long is a shame on many British institutions.

thank you mate...much appreciated...I too like the banter between our fans

one of my best mates is a United fan!!

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanKings View Post
    The rivalry between us as fans will never die, but it would be nice if the hatred did.

Thank you.
    Amen to that!

Nice one MUFC2912, don't think I'd have the nerve to go over to a Man U site, announce myself as a Liverpool fan and post there regardless of the topic.

Thank you for taking the time to compose such a message - you've displayed genuine class which is wholeheartedly appreciated.

I hope you enjoy the match (though not too much obviously) and wish you all the best MUFC2912.

Quote Originally Posted by KopiteClark96 View Post
    thank you mate...much appreciated...I too like the banter between our fans

one of my best mates is a United fan!!
    You're probably Irish aswell then?

If only we had more United fans like you. Things like this help us realize the insignificance of a football rivalry in comparison. Still hate you, though. .

Paullfc1976 is offline LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    Our rivalry is great, but the hatered in the songs chanted from both sides about each others tragedies is sick, and should stop.

We will always be great rivals, but what happened at Hillsborough and Munich transcends football - they were human tragedies and effected a lot of people. I hope we can move beyond this all - the banter is all good and I take great pleasure in seeing United lose, and I know they feel the same way, but that's as far as it goes.

Thanks to the OP for your words.

Thanks

Thanks for your kind words and support

Quote Originally Posted by xRedmanLFCx View Post
    You're probably Irish aswell then?
    nope...but I reckon he'd drunk a lot of Guinness on the night he chose who to support

(if the united fan reads this post...only joking )

Socratease is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    What is important is that we are all football fans that support our club, each club has fans who love their club, but football fans throughout the world who travel to support their team should never be in danger of losing their life due to the negligence of the authorities in/at that ground/place at that time.

I've been overwhelmed by the support from all rival fans but what has stood out is the response from United Fans. The ones I know at least have shown real class, more so than some good friends from smaller clubs who over the years have let themselves down so badly to me in person as a friend. I'm still waiting for an apology, I guess i'll be waiting for a while. But the United fans I know have surpassed themselves with messages of support.

My only hope is that they will show their support next weekend, I don't expect or particularly want banners etc but just a song of support instead of THAT chant would mean the World to so many. IF the United fans could show support next week then I think that could end up being the most significant gesture of support that this devastating episode could provide.

Tthey are a great institution I hope they do themselves and the memory of the 96 proud. Manchester United fans - you have the ball!!

You have class!

Keegan7Suarez is offline Has the low down from down under

Very much appreciated.

JFT 96 YWNA

Quote Originally Posted by RedGlosTaffy View Post
    I've been overwhelmed by the support from all rival fans but what has stood out is the response from United Fans. The ones I know at least have shown real class, more so than some good friends from smaller clubs who over the years have let themselves down so badly to me in person as a friend. I'm still waiting for an apology, I guess i'll be waiting for a while. But the United fans I know have surpassed themselves with messages of support.

My only hope is that they will show their support next weekend, I don't expect or particularly want banners etc but just a song of support instead of THAT chant would mean the World to so many. IF the United fans could show support next week then I think that could end up being the most significant gesture of support that this devastating episode could provide.

Tthey are a great institution I hope they do themselves and the memory of the 96 proud. Manchester United fans - you have the ball!!
    Well said. I believe the majority of ManU fans to be decent (albeit misguided! ) people, and their response to Thursday's events has borne this out.

We all know the story of Christmas Day, 1914, when British and German soldiers stopped shooting at each other for just one day and met in no man's land for...guess what? A game of football.

If it could happen then, well is it too idealistic to hope on the 23rd, there could be some show of solidarity in memory of the 96 before the match...? I don't expect every one (any?) of them to sing YNWA, but a gesture would be much appreciated. Once the whistle blows, of course, we're enemies again, but BEFORE the match an acknowledgement that this isn't about rival teams, it's about the loss of 96 fellow football fans, 96 human beings. I'm sure the majority realises that.

Fair play to the OP, a very touching post.

I really hope that the chanting can stop and we can have some show of solidarity on this topic at the game next week. This is just not about tribal football loyalties.

Thanks for the post.

I was friends with a United supporter in my last year at school. He went to their FA Cup semi-final match against Derby County at Hillsborough in 1976. He was off school for five weeks after. He had broken three ribs after being crushed behind a barrier in the Leppings Lane end.

When I spoke to him again he told me there was loads of fans who were crushed and suffered broken arms, ribs, hands, and he thought he was going to die.

What a horrible horrible ground this was. And nothing was ever done about it apart from make it even more of a death trap by sectioning up the terrace even more, creating pens from which there was no escape.

Great post from the United fan. The lads I know who support United all knew about the cover-up, coz I told them about it for years.

Thank you very much. You are the kind of supporter the game needs and both clubs need. Enjoy the game, and enjoy being at Anfield.

Thankyou very much nice words

Respect to you and your post, you are a credit to your team mate

Oh and by the way YOU STILL SUCK

It's the same sort of compassion I share for United when the Munich 1958 disaster is brought up. Football is sport and a bit of craic, when people are dying it's just a completely different story. Anyway respect for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob59 View Post
    Well said. I believe the majority of ManU fans to be decent (albeit misguided! ) people, and their response to Thursday's events has borne this out.

We all know the story of Christmas Day, 1914, when British and German soldiers stopped shooting at each other for just one day and met in no man's land for...guess what? A game of football.

If it could happen then, well is it too idealistic to hope on the 23rd, there could be some show of solidarity in memory of the 96 before the match...? I don't expect every one (any?) of them to sing YNWA, but a gesture would be much appreciated. Once the whistle blows, of course, we're enemies again, but BEFORE the match an acknowledgement that this isn't about rival teams, it's about the loss of 96 fellow football fans, 96 human beings. I'm sure the majority realises that.

Fair play to the OP, a very touching post.
    I think we need to put this whole Man U bitterness and stuff to bed, and next week would be a good start. What you say about the majority of their fans is quite right. We are after all playing a game. We love playing them and they love playing us, and there is a very decent rivalry between the clubs who are amongst the greatest in the world. We are human beings and at the end of the day we need to treat others with decency and vice versa.