Rodgers should feel lucky to still have a job.
1. 3 goals in 5 games, 1 of which shouldn't have counted. 2 that were individual moments of greatness. 1 that was made by a player BR was about to take off the field. In other words, ZERO goals created by the team.
2. Players have lost the ability to pass forward or turn. Everything is back to goal (even Benteke's wonder goal).
3. Last year we kept saying, "just wait until Sturridge comes back." This year we're saying "just wait until Sturridge comes back."
4. A 3-1 loss to a BAD Manchester United team playing in a slump, who dominated LFC for 89:55. LFC NEVER looked like they were in the game. In fact they didn't even look like they knew where they were.
5. Our best player is our right back, but has done nothing on offense.
6. Our midfielders run upfield for 20-30 meters then give the ball away over and over and over.
7. Everyone is jogging. There is no running on LFC.
8. LFC look scared. They look like they don't want to be the ones that make the mistake that costs a goal.
9. We are not attacking - WE ARE PARKING THE BUS. We are boring boring boring and pathetic in attack. There is NO strategy going forward.
10. Firmino is standing still, sometimes jogging. He has the best seat for each match, just inside the right line.
11. Ings was the most dangerous player against ManU, so he was substituted after being played at left midfield. Way to set him up to be the next Borini - talent wasted.
12. Benteke is to slow to break behind the defense, and no one else is making the runs.
13. We have a lot of players who show promise, but not a one that pushes the team forward. No we sold or otherwise "dispatched" all those players.
14. We've spent millions on "good" players while others spend millions on "great" players.
15. We look confused and rudderless. OK, maybe you can't blame the new recruits, but BR's been at LFC too long for the established players to not know what they are doing.
16. Lovren is not a leader. Skrtel is not a leader. Milner is not a leader. Henderson is not a leader. See a pattern here?
17. We are now a feeder club where young talent is getting playing time at the expense of the club and it's supporters.
18. Lucas had to fight for his place AGAIN, forced to prove he's the best DM we have - and is getting no help.
19. We set up a zonal marking system on the 6 yard box when ManU has 4 players outside the goal box.
20. Our goalkeeper makes magnificent saves, but can't pass the ball to save his life. Yet time and again, we pass backwards until he's the one trying to make the decisive long pass.
21. We back up on defense until the opposition gets close enough to shoot around us instead of challenging for the ball (except for Clyne).
22. We respect the opposition too much. We should be destroying Bournemouth, West Ham, and a pathetic ManU side. Instead we treat them like they are Real Madrid and retreat into our own 18 yard box - BY DESIGN.
23. MOST IMPORTANTLY: we play "not to lose" and don't play "to win". That doesn't make us winners - at best it makes us not losers, at worst and more likely than not, it makes us losers.
I could go on, but why bother. I'm so sick of this. Individually there's a lot of talent, but as a team we suck. We'll be lucky to be in the top half of the table let alone challenge for a Euro spot at the "blistering" pace we've set. Already 8 points and a goal differential 14 off the pace. There is absolutely nothing to take as a positive from the last two matches as a team and nothing offensively to be taken as a positive so far this season. We are lucky to have 7 points instead of 5 (because of a goal that shouldn't have counted) or 2 except for a Coutinho run and shot that was completely out of character for the match.
I remember when Liverpool were a club, not a collection of individuals.
P.S. We have gotten worse offensively every year since I started this thread - the same time BR took over. Now, sadly, I think it's time to give Jurgen Klopp a call. He can get at least as much out of these players as BR has.