Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fifa 13 Ultimate Team

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    12 uk time?
    Dunno the be honest, I do it at midnight uk time, dunno if it matters where you leave or anything

Anyways why you asking??

Women can't play football games!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

spiranovic5 is online now Armchair supporter
    inform neymar selling for a ridiculous 1.2m coins

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    I do tons of triangle on-the-ground through passes. Like sometimes even from defence without aiming them, because I know Suarez will half the time run on to them and go through on goal. It helps when I am down and need goals fast. Is that wrong?

Hey one reason I sometimes do those no look passes is because I can only see a small section of the field. I've tried zooming out and still can only see a small portion. Can anyone recommend to me a camera setting where I can see where everyone is and play more intelligently, without it being a weird point of view with strange directions needed.

Bear in mind I play with the arrow keys and not with the toggle stick. So I only have 8 directions I can make players go so weird angle views are not my friend.

I asked my ex that got me into this and he said I am a moron for not using toggle stick and this is why girls don't play video games. If anyone can give me more constructive advice that that I would appreciate it. I am stuck in D4 and I hate toggle stick and not being able to see where my strikers are.

Also, when they are attacking, I can control one guy and chase the man with the ball, but all my other defenders and midfielders seem lethargic, don't track back, don't close down, don't cover their guys, and don't follow runs. Anything I can do to make them play smarter when I am not controlling them?

You really need to use the toggle stick.

AnfieldSouth41 is offline Academy prospect
    I got Van Persie in a Premium Gold Pack.

He's up for sale now, still only on 800 coins after half hour, half hour to go, should i be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldSouth41 View Post

He's up for sale now, still only on 800 coins after half hour, half hour to go, should i be worried.
    Well, did he go for 800?

Quote Originally Posted by RedInABed View Post
    You really need to use the toggle stick.
    Lol, I always lose when I use toggle stick and I hate it!

800??? Why'd you put him so low?

I bought a premium gold pack the other day on the PS3 for 7,500 coins not expecting too much and I got Wayne Rooney with an overall rating 89. Just checked some of the current bids on the auction and he's going for well over 150,000 coins so my question is do I sell or do I keep him in my squad? I've was within a point of winning the division 1 online seasons so maybe he is the player that will make a big difference up front for me? I haven't used him yet and I have no idea if he's any good, plus the thought of playing with a United player terrifies me. Much rather have Suarez!!

I opened that premium gold pack at around 12:30am so it seemed some of the above posters were right about the best time to open packs although it maybe that I just got extremely lucky! So far opening premium gold packs has got me the likes of Cardozo, Oscar, Abate, Schurlle, Gibbs so pretty good players but without a shadow of doubt, getting Rooney is my biggest coup. Wondering what to do with him now though?

I like the excitement or perhaps more often disappointment of opening the premium gold packs and seeing what you end up with but at 7,500 coins a go it is a bit steep. If i sell Rooney, I can no doubt buy further shiny gold players to add to my squad or even have enough to buy around 20 premium gold packs. Maybe I'll get lucky again!!!

I started off playing the default 4-4-2 formation and I've stuck with it. It's not too bad but I'd like to experiment with other formations to see if i have any further success with them. Any ideas on your preferred formations?

My current team is:

Felipe-GK
    Abate-RB
    Perea-CB
    Figueroa-CB
    Gibbs-LB
    Sturridge-RW
    Diaby-CM
    Oscar-CM
    Schurlle-LM
    Djibril Cisse-ST
    Papa Cisse-ST

Obviously I'll fit Rooney in somewhere if I decided to retain him!
    Last edited by Frogster; 13-11-12 at 13:27. Reason: Playing the game on PS3 format.

What was your starting price for Van Perise and did you have a buy now option?? If he sold for around 800 that is an absolute bargain!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    I do tons of triangle on-the-ground through passes. Like sometimes even from defence without aiming them, because I know Suarez will half the time run on to them and go through on goal. It helps when I am down and need goals fast. Is that wrong?

Hey one reason I sometimes do those no look passes is because I can only see a small section of the field. I've tried zooming out and still can only see a small portion. Can anyone recommend to me a camera setting where I can see where everyone is and play more intelligently, without it being a weird point of view with strange directions needed.

Bear in mind I play with the arrow keys and not with the toggle stick. So I only have 8 directions I can make players go so weird angle views are not my friend.

I asked my ex that got me into this and he said I am a moron for not using toggle stick and this is why girls don't play video games. If anyone can give me more constructive advice that that I would appreciate it. I am stuck in D4 and I hate toggle stick and not being able to see where my strikers are.

Also, when they are attacking, I can control one guy and chase the man with the ball, but all my other defenders and midfielders seem lethargic, don't track back, don't close down, don't cover their guys, and don't follow runs. Anything I can do to make them play smarter when I am not controlling them?
    use co op camera fully zoomed out if you want to see the whole pitch.

I've not had any luck with opening packs - currently selling my only decent player - Cavani as there is a happy hour at the minute, packs with 7 rares in and I only have 3k coins

MaxB is online now nimble, MaxB quick
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappers-8 View Post
    I've not had any luck with opening packs - currently selling my only decent player - Cavani as there is a happy hour at the minute, packs with 7 rares in and I only have 3k coins
    Never buy packs with coins, it takes alot of luck just to make the money back from the pack price

Quote Originally Posted by MaxB View Post
    Never buy packs with coins, it takes alot of luck just to make the money back from the pack price
    How shall I buy packs then?

Only alternative is buying MS points and then getting them that way (I'm assuming you have an Xbox btw) but it just doesn't seem worth it with the utter pish you get most of the time. I must admit that I've been very lucky with my packs recently, I followed someone's advice on here to open a pack just after midnight because new players/rares are apparently released around then, lo and behold out pop Falcao and Kaka in the same pack.

It was my advice a few people of followed and got good packs, surely I should be worthy of some sort of reward!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny-Booy View Post
    It was my advice a few people of followed and got good packs, surely I should be worthy of some sort of reward!
    I told Barack and he has a message for you

MaxB is online now nimble, MaxB quick
    If you want to make money playing the game then don't buy packs at all , unless you want to use microsoft/psn points.

Van Persie went for the right value in the end around 70k or something and i used the money to put it towards Tevez and Yaya Toure.

Since then i have sold my whole Squad (Premiership) And decided to buy a La Liga team because the players are a lot cheaper.

I mean Fabregas and ALonso for 30-40k each both 87, how much would a 87 player cost in the premiership a lot more than that. And Falcao 88 only cost 40k-50k or so.

Here is my La Liga team:
    (433)
    Diego Alves 82
    Coentrao 81
    Mascherano 86
    Rami 84
    Joao Pereira 80
    Busquetes 85
    Alonso 87
    Fabregas 87
    Villa 85
    Falcao 88
    Sanchez 85

Bench/Backup: Pedro, Soldado, Llorente, Essien, Costa, Juanfran, Tello, Amoreibeta, Feghouli, Mathieu, Munua, Carvalho.

Is it true the best time to buy packs is at 6pm-7pm on Wednesdays UK time ?
    Last edited by AnfieldSouth41; 14-11-12 at 18:26.

Thanks for the advice - I've decided the best way for me to get a better team on UT is for some of you to give me coins and players

Van Persie went for the right value in the end around 70k or something and i used the money to put it towards Tevez and Yaya Toure.

Since then i have sold my whole Squad (Premiership) And decided to buy a La Liga team because the players are a lot cheaper.

I mean Fabregas and ALonso for 30-40k each both 87, how much would a 87 player cost in the premiership a lot more than that. And Falcao 88 only cost 40k-50k or so.

Here is my La Liga team:
    (433)
    Diego Alves 82
    Coentrao 81
    Mascherano 86
    Rami 84
    Joao Pereira 80
    Busquetes 85
    Alonso 87
    Fabregas 87
    Villa 85
    Falcao 88
    Sanchez 85

Bench/Backup: Pedro, Soldado, Llorente, Essien, Costa, Juanfran, Tello, Amoreibeta, Feghouli, Mathieu, Munua, Carvalho.

Is it true the best time to buy packs is at 6pm-7pm on Wednesdays UK time ?

Update;

Now replaced Rami 84 with Pique 86 and Busquets 85 with Modric 86.

Only let down is Full backs and GK, im hoping to get Marcelo 83 Left Back, Alves 84 Right Back and Valdes 85 GK then my team will be just about complete.

Thanks for the advice - I've decided the best way for me to get a better team on UT is for some of you to give me coins and players
    Anybody??

lol

BalkanCAM is offline Armchair supporter
    Haha, I actually put Modric for 2k by accident when trying to auction him up using my phone. Luckily he sold for 21k instead. So I doubt RVP actually sold for 800.

http://www.ea.com/au/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#g2QnPhoJnIbXns3

This is my current squad, hoping to throw in a few others in there when I get the coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    I bought a premium gold pack the other day on the PS3 for 7,500 coins not expecting too much and I got Wayne Rooney with an overall rating 89. Just checked some of the current bids on the auction and he's going for well over 150,000 coins so my question is do I sell or do I keep him in my squad? I've was within a point of winning the division 1 online seasons so maybe he is the player that will make a big difference up front for me? I haven't used him yet and I have no idea if he's any good, plus the thought of playing with a United player terrifies me. Much rather have Suarez!!

I opened that premium gold pack at around 12:30am so it seemed some of the above posters were right about the best time to open packs although it maybe that I just got extremely lucky! So far opening premium gold packs has got me the likes of Cardozo, Oscar, Abate, Schurlle, Gibbs so pretty good players but without a shadow of doubt, getting Rooney is my biggest coup. Wondering what to do with him now though?

I like the excitement or perhaps more often disappointment of opening the premium gold packs and seeing what you end up with but at 7,500 coins a go it is a bit steep. If i sell Rooney, I can no doubt buy further shiny gold players to add to my squad or even have enough to buy around 20 premium gold packs. Maybe I'll get lucky again!!!

I started off playing the default 4-4-2 formation and I've stuck with it. It's not too bad but I'd like to experiment with other formations to see if i have any further success with them. Any ideas on your preferred formations?

My current team is:

Felipe-GK
    Abate-RB
    Perea-CB
    Figueroa-CB
    Gibbs-LB
    Sturridge-RW
    Diaby-CM
    Oscar-CM
    Schurlle-LM
    Djibril Cisse-ST
    Papa Cisse-ST

Obviously I'll fit Rooney in somewhere if I decided to retain him!
    Finally won online season division 1 title with Wayne Rooney in my side...he's incredible...averages 1 goal a game for me. Played 43 scored 43.

Funnily enough I've put him up for auction because I would like to invest in some other strikers, but he will improve any Ultimate Team squad, believe me.

Thus, there is a Wayne Rooney with a preferred formation of 4-2-3-1 and comes with a 99 contract for sale right now. The auction ends just before 11:30pm tonight so get bidding guys and girls, he won't go for cheap...yesterday a 7 contract Rooney sold for 261,000 coins whilst an In Form Rooney also went for 550,000 coins so the demand for him is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    Finally won online season division 1 title with Wayne Rooney in my side...he's incredible...averages 1 goal a game for me. Played 43 scored 43.

Funnily enough I've put him up for auction because I would like to invest in some other strikers, but he will improve any Ultimate Team squad, believe me.

Thus, there is a Wayne Rooney with a preferred formation of 4-2-3-1 and comes with a 99 contract for sale right now. The auction ends just before 11:30pm tonight so get bidding guys and girls, he won't go for cheap...yesterday a 7 contract Rooney sold for 261,000 coins whilst an In Form Rooney also went for 550,000 coins so the demand for him is huge.

I got relegated from Division 1. I was getting rinsed by some guy with an awful team i dont know how he was doing it. And then other games the guy would go 1 nil up and then just keep the ball for the rest of the 80 minutes until he won and there was literally not a thing i could do to get the ball back.

Division 1 is really hard but ill give it another crack soon.