Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Liverpool FC Player Salaries

1. #1 Anfield Liverpool FC Player Salaries 
    If the following image is even remotely accurate, who would you want off the wage bill?

Wage Bill

Freeing up the wage budget obviously also helps how competitive the salary is that we can offer a top player (e.g. another Suarez) to come to the club.

With that in mind, I'd like to see:

Henderson - 70k
    Downing - 90k
    Carragher (to retire at the end of the season) - 85k
    Cole - 90k
    Doni - 50k
    Wilson - 20k
    Carroll if he doesn't sign for West Ham permanently - ~ 80k mark.

Come off the wage bill, with 80+90+85+70+50+20 looking at close to 400k off the wage bill (not including Carroll)

Is there any other players you'd actually not want to leave that I've said, or any others we can add to this list? With the Gerrard/Alonso stories this morning, it could equally also mean another 120k off the wage bill, but of course Gerrard is worth far more than freeing up our wage bill.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

How do you know Carra will retire?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunSlinger View Post
    If the following image is even remotely accurate, who would you want off the wage bill?

Wage Bill

Freeing up the wage budget obviously also helps how competitive the salary is that we can offer a top player (e.g. another Suarez) to come to the club.

With that in mind, I'd like to see:

Henderson - 70k
    Downing - 90k
    Carragher (to retire at the end of the season) - 85k
    Cole - 90k
    Doni - 50k
    Wilson - 20k
    Carroll if he doesn't sign for West Ham permanently - ~ 80k mark.

Come off the wage bill, with 80+90+85+70+50+20 looking at close to 400k off the wage bill (not including Carroll)

Is there any other players you'd actually not want to leave that I've said, or any others we can add to this list? With the Gerrard/Alonso stories this morning, it could equally also mean another 120k off the wage bill, but of course Gerrard is worth far more than freeing up our wage bill.
    Don't know where you got those numbers from but they are wide off the mark.

Downing,Henderson and Doni are on nothing like those wages.Carroll isn't even on 80k.

Cole though is reported to be on more than 90k.The new owners are more wised up on over paying wages which is been one of our main problems in recent years.

Koppette is offline Rest of world, nil.
    These numbers are from that game, someone has posted them before

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    He really needs to

Think Henderson has a lot to offer the club in our new system, if he's given a chance in his proper position, I do think his wages are high but I blame commolli for that

Think I might make a graphic with a load of random numbers on too and post it up....

Quote Originally Posted by theego80 View Post
    Don't know where you got those numbers from but they are wide off the mark.

Downing,Henderson and Doni are on nothing like those wages.Carroll isn't even on 80k.

Cole though is reported to be on more than 90k.The new owners are more wised up on over paying wages which is been one of our main problems in recent years.
    You are right in that the numbers are wrong. But not like you think.

When these numbers from some FIFA game were posted last week, they added up to a combined total of less than 70 million per year for our entire team. Yet we all know that the last official yearly wage bill was listed as over 125 million. There is no way on earth that we cut 55 million this summer, therefore the numbers listed here are way too low. Most players have add ons, based on things like games played.

Jazzy-J is offline Most Amusing Forum Robson Green
    Quote Originally Posted by aampix View Post

When these numbers from some FIFA game were posted last week, they added up to a combined total of less than 70 million per year for our entire team. Yet we all know that the last official yearly wage bill was listed as over 125 million. There is no way on earth that we cut 55 million this summer, therefore the numbers listed here are way too low. Most players have add ons, based on things like games played.
    Does the official wage bill not also include the salaries of all of the people who work for the club in any capacity? From Ian Ayre to Jen Chang to the community coaches and everybody in between? As well as the 17-21 year olds on contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Doubt if Carragher will retire but I have to imagine his new contract will be worth substantially less than his current one. Offering a man who will play no more than 10 games next season more than 35k a week would just be poor financial management. I'd expect us to save around 50k per week on his salary reduction from Sept onwards.

Alon1 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    Think Henderson has a lot to offer the club in our new system, if he's given a chance in his proper position, I do think his wages are high but I blame commolli for that
    Ah ok, following this reasoning you don't blame Joe Cole either?
    You made it look like if Comolli had forced Henderson to accept that figure against his will and he would have come here for the same salary he was getting at Sunderland.
    If these figures are accurate then I would get rid of him in the summer, I don’t think you can justify this guy being in that sort of salary. Needless to say Carroll, Joe Cole and Downing should be the first ones heading the door.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyHands View Post
    Does the official wage bill not also include the salaries of all of the people who work for the club in any capacity? From Ian Ayre to Jen Chang to the community coaches and everybody in between? As well as the 17-21 year olds on contracts.
    A+

Regarding Henderson, I reckon his real wage would be about 30-60k, regardless, in 3 years he will resign, at that point we can re-asses how much he is worth, all we have to do is offer him what anyone else would and he will stay here.

Quote Originally Posted by dagger005 View Post
    He really needs to

I don't think he does.

Quote Originally Posted by aampix View Post

These figures are from a computer game? My word people are getting worse lol

We cut alot of money from our wage bill the last 3 transfer windows.Players like Kuyt,Maxi,Fabio,Poulsen,Torres and others who left the club in that time were on big contracts.FSG aim to bring in younger players with lower wages.For example Carroll came in on a massive transfer fee but his wages were low for a 35 million player.Yes we overspent on the transfer fee but the wages weren't stupid.On paper Joe Cole looked great on a free transfer but when his contract ends we would of spent close to 30 million on him.

We can't afford to bring in any more players who are here for a final pay day.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Ah ok, following this reasoning you don't blame Joe Cole either?
    You made it look like if Comolli had forced Henderson to accept that figure against his will and he would have come here for the same salary he was getting at Sunderland.
    If these figures are accurate then I would get rid of him in the summer, I don’t think you can justify this guy being in that sort of salary. Needless to say Carroll, Joe Cole and Downing should be the first ones heading the door.
    Of course Henderson would have negotiated for the best possible figure. It's still Comolli's fault his wages are so high because he negotiates like he thinks a comma is a decimal point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellydoscope View Post
    Of course Henderson would have negotiated for the best possible figure. It's still Comolli's fault his wages are so high because he negotiates like he thinks a comma is a decimal point.
    I think that Comolli went in with a wage fee in his head, say somewhere between 30-40k when he should have gone in with a 15-20k offer, Henderson's agent would have beat him up slightly but that doesn't represent the massive over-payment that is occuring.

Doni is the most alarmingly overpaid.

Danny Wilsons a very lucky boy isn't he.. On More than Shelvey and Kelly, amazing.

Contracts should so have clauses that if you don't make x amount of appearances within the first year of them, if you were fit to play, then they get slashed by x percent.

The Joe Cole one for example, should be down by half by now already.

Its ok to have Bonus'.. there should be negative incentives too. imo.

InsomniacOlympics is offline a different/unique title
    I doubt Jonjo earns less that Wilson especially since he just signed a new deal. Plus the likes of Suso and Sterlings wages will increase with their new deals.

again, people of the normal world... you do know these figures came from a computer game

Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    I do not know about blaming Comolli, but I agree with the remainder of this. Do we know for certain what his wages are?