Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Anne Williams

1. #1 Shankly RIP Anne Williams 
    She has been reunited with her son Kevin.
    God bless her soul.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Very sad day for Liverpool FC. So glad she made one last service at Anfield on Monday. Seems like it was a fitting goodbye now.

Thoughts are with her family and friends.

YNWA Anne.

Rip.

Jft96

NACNUD is offline Justice Campaigner Extraordinaire
    These are the words which Anne wanted to read out at Anfield last Monday. Unfortunately, she was never given the chance:

Thank you for allowing me to address you all today.

I would like to start by thanking the following people and organisations for all their help and support in my fight for justice.

I wouldn't have got this far without the support of the Hillsborough Working Party set up by Liverpool City Council to help the families, especially the six judicial review families.

Ann Adlington, who was placed by the council to help us. Sheila Coleman who independently supported us and introduced us to Edward Fitzgerald QC, who was prepared to take the cases on pro bono

Doctor Ian West, a top pathologist at Guys Hospital who presented reports for the families to submit ; Alan Jones QC, who looked after the judicial review and Liverpool City Council who paid all our expenses to go down to London.

Elkan Abrahamson, my solicitor who has stood by me for 19 years.

Pete Weatherby, my QC who has also worked with me for a number of years.

I am indebted to these people as they submitted all of their reports and drafts free of charge to allow me to go through the system.

We sadly lost John Glover recently. John worked so hard with the support of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign for his son's judicial review. Best wishes to all his family.

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign have helped many families and helped counsel many survivors. They backed me with my submissions to the Attorney General and the European Court of Human Rights and have campaigned very hard against the Scum newspaper.

I would like to thank everyone here today and around Merseyside and beyond for all your support down the years.

The belief you have in us has kept me going. I feel indebted to so many people.

Finally I would like to thank my brother Danny's wife Sandra and my wonderful family for looking after me over the last six months during my illness, along with everyone who has visited and shown me such kindness. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LFCNUT View Post
    She has been reunited with her son Kevin.
    God bless her soul.

Indeed. Reunited with her dear son. Free from pain.
    But an inspiration for every single act she did in the name of JUSTICE.

Amazed to see her at the Service for the last time. Most fitting.
    Rest In Peace now Anne. We carry on for you, for Kevin for
    JUSTICE for the 96
    YNWA

A wonderful lady with such a determined spirit.
    RIP Anne

R.I.P Anne
    Such a remarkable lady
    Red-Vibe and myself put some nice flowers at the new memorial in the town today in her and Kevin's memory
    Y N W A

She came across as a very dignified Lady, R I P Anne.

So sad, much missed, goodbye Anne, rest in peace.

What a brave woman!

May her soul rest in peace.

YNWA

So saddened that Anne succumbed to her terrible illness
    before seeing that the justice that she had so long fought for, was served.

RIP Anne - Reunited

YNWA

Justice For The 96
    Live every day as if it was your last........because one day, it will be.

tweepie is offline LFC Forums Moderator

I didn't know her, but felt like I did in some ways as I've followed her story for so long.

Inspirational woman.

So sad she didn't get to pick up the correct certificate for Kevin, but at least she got to see the wrong verdict overturned.

RIP

RIP Anne Williams. A true hero and an inspiration to everyone. You Will Never Walk Alone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NACNUD View Post
    These are the words which Anne wanted to read out at Anfield last Monday. Unfortunately, she was never given the chance:

Thank you for allowing me to address you all today.

I would like to start by thanking the following people and organisations for all their help and support in my fight for justice.

I wouldn't have got this far without the support of the Hillsborough Working Party set up by Liverpool City Council to help the families, especially the six judicial review families.

Ann Adlington, who was placed by the council to help us. Sheila Coleman who independently supported us and introduced us to Edward Fitzgerald QC, who was prepared to take the cases on pro bono

Doctor Ian West, a top pathologist at Guys Hospital who presented reports for the families to submit ; Alan Jones QC, who looked after the judicial review and Liverpool City Council who paid all our expenses to go down to London.

Elkan Abrahamson, my solicitor who has stood by me for 19 years.

Pete Weatherby, my QC who has also worked with me for a number of years.

I am indebted to these people as they submitted all of their reports and drafts free of charge to allow me to go through the system.

We sadly lost John Glover recently. John worked so hard with the support of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign for his son's judicial review. Best wishes to all his family.

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign have helped many families and helped counsel many survivors. They backed me with my submissions to the Attorney General and the European Court of Human Rights and have campaigned very hard against the Scum newspaper.

I would like to thank everyone here today and around Merseyside and beyond for all your support down the years.

The belief you have in us has kept me going. I feel indebted to so many people.

Finally I would like to thank my brother Danny's wife Sandra and my wonderful family for looking after me over the last six months during my illness, along with everyone who has visited and shown me such kindness. Thank you.
    Thanks for posting this NAC

Such an inspirational woman, and such a tragedy that she wasn't able to hang on to see the new inquest.

The only crumb of comfort was that she was able to see the truth revealed to the world, and that she could see the wheels of justice start to turn in her favour.

So she's finally back with her beloved Kevin, and I truly hope that if here is a god then she's up there now giving him 24 years worth of cuddles.

It's up to the rest if us to continue the fight and to stick together against the establishment.

RIP Anne

Just to let you all know that Anne's Funeral will be on the 29th April 2013 at Our Ladies Church in Formby at 1:30pm and then onto Southport Crematorium.

It will be family only flowers at the service and Anne’s wish was for donations to be made to the hospice that looked after her so. If you wish to make a donation then you can make it through the official charity Paypal account red4ever@blueyonder.co.uk putting title donation.

It has been suggested that it would be wonderful sign of respect for fans to line the route between the church and the crematorium or at least part of it...nothing has been confirmed as yet but will post details if there are any more details regarding this.....
    Last edited by NACNUD; 18-4-13 at 23:06.

Thanks NAC

I think that's a fantastic idea, so we should all spread the word as much as possible...........I'm sure it will be a big big turnout.

Socratease is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    My sincere and heart felt condolences to Anne's family and friends.

It's probably too short notice but a mosaic on the Kop of RIP ANNE would be a nice tribute......

Also, how poignant that Rafa will be back at Anfield on Sunday given the fantastic support he gave during his spell as manager and after he'd left.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFLYINGPIG View Post
    It's probably too short notice but a mosaic on the Kop of RIP ANNE would be a nice tribute......

Also, how poignant that Rafa will be back at Anfield on Sunday given the fantastic support he gave during his spell as manager and after he'd left.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratease View Post
    Well said.
    I've just sent an email to the HJC to see if its a possibility........if not the Chelsea game then maybe the next home game

Rest in Peace Anne, in your well earned place in Heaven,
    Re-united at last with your beloved Kevin
    Rest in Peace Anne, knowing that those of us you leave behind,
    Will never cease in the fight for the truth & justice you fought so hard to find.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Rest In Peace amazing lady!!!

Anne Willliams campaigned to the end with determined resolution.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-33178976/

Rest In Peace amazing lady!!!
    A feeling I think we all endorse.

CROWDS are expected to line the streets ahead of the funeral of campaigning mum Anne Williams.

A service to remember the life of Anne, who died aged 62 last Thursday after a battle with cancer, will be held at Our Lady’s church in Formby on Monday (29 April).

It will be followed by cremation at Southport crematorium.

A number of residents are planning to show their respects to Anne, who lost her 15-year-old son Kevin in the disaster, as the funeral cortege passes before the service at 1.30pm.

The route afterwards will be from School Lane, Formby turning left into Church Road, Formby and going up to the Grapes Pub, turning right and onto the by-pass, towards Southport Crematorium, which is NOT a private service - the family have instructed that all are welcome to both the Church and the Crematorium.

Anne requested family flowers only at the funeral, with donations in her memory set to be passed on to Southport’s Queenscourt hospice. If you wish to make a donation then you can make it through the official charity Paypal account red4ever@blueyonder.co.uk putting title 'donation'.

Liverpool council, which ordered flags to be lowered to half-mast on the day of Anne’s death, is planning a further commemoration on Monday.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...#ixzz2RPkKncjQ

Simo429 is offline Boot Room insider
    A true hero of this football club in every sense of the word.

'Stim is offline First team regular
    Anne Williams - Rest In Peace & Bless Your Soul,now with Kevin, in Heaven

Rest in Peace Anne Williams, God bless your soul and that of your son Kevin, in Heaven JFT96

We will never forget you YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    Rest in Peace Anne Williams, God bless your soul and that of your son Kevin, in Heaven JFT96

We will never forget you YNWA
    From all accounts, she was given great honour from the City and its people as Anne went to her final resting place.
    Although sad, finally Anne is at peace and with Kevin

lfcjersey is offline Armchair supporter
    Just catching up with all news and gossip...So late with this but....Goodbye Anne,gone but like the 96 never forgotten,,,

Remembering Anne and her family on this very sad day......

Rest in Peace Anne.......a true inspiration and a remarkable Lady.....a friend.

YNWA