Notices
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comedians

Jimeoin is great.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MaxB View Post
    Don't find him funny at all, take away his stupid hair flick and hes nothing
    I find him and Lee Evans overrated, Lee Evans just tends to move about a hell of alot and sweat a ridiculous amount.

Quote Originally Posted by super-suarez-7 View Post
    No Michael McIntyre? Surprised by that, I've always found him pretty good
    He slipped through my fingers, he's good, I didn't like him at first but he's grown on me over the years and I'd say he's a top comedian

Don't find him funny at all, take away his stupid hair flick and hes nothing
    He's about as funny as a severe case of haemorrhoids!
    Live every day as if it was your last........because one day, it will be.

HibsOneLiverpoolNil is offline Academy prospect
    Bernard Manning

RedMammoth is offline at night, shepherds take fright
    Not a single mention of Ross Noble yet? Shame on you all.

LukasBrodolski is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMammoth View Post
    Not a single mention of Ross Noble yet? Shame on you all.
    Hes an absolute legend

I genuinely reckon every single one of his shows are entirely different

Quote Originally Posted by Trikie View Post
    I love Not going out ( I mean the sit com, not staying in night after night)
    I enjoy that show. He's a bit of a pathetic loser, but likable with it.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Can't stand Stewart Lee. "Here's why everything in the world is rubbish except me."

I prefer the 'safer' comedians because it takes far more talent to get a laugh without having to resort to shock tactics. Having said that, Bill Hicks is one of the greatest of all time.

McIntyre, Bishop, Reg D Hunter, Bill Bailey, Chris Rock, Al Murray, with honorable mentions to 'one liner' comedians like Milton Jones, Stewart Francis and Tim Vine.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    Can't stand Stewart Lee. "Here's why everything in the world is rubbish except me."

I prefer the 'safer' comedians because it takes far more talent to get a laugh without having to resort to shock tactics. Having said that, Bill Hicks is one of the greatest of all time.

McIntyre, Bishop, Reg D Hunter, Bill Bailey, Chris Rock, Al Murray, with honorable mentions to 'one liner' comedians like Milton Jones, Stewart Francis and Tim Vine.
    Are you taking the ****?

ForkHandles is online now Boot Room insider
    When McIntyre first came onto the scene, i won't deny i used to laugh at his act, but it's just so formulaic now that it gets repetitive and boring.

Dylan Moran

Simo429 is offline Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsOneLiverpoolNil View Post
    Bernard Manning
    You recruiting for the next PFA do?

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudy12 View Post
    Are you taking the ****?
    Not even a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    Not even a little bit
    Can't believe for one minute your not. But just on the slightest of slight chances your not he is a ******* ****. N word this N word that, takes the **** out of Luis Suarez. He can go and **** himself. As the respected black writer for the Mirror said " I don't see how you can complain about the use of that word when you then use it yourself. If it had been a white comic the would have been murder. You cant have it both ways". Spot on words.

MaxB is offline nimble, MaxB quick
    Can't believe for one minute your not. But just on the slightest of slight chances your not he is a ******* ****. N word this N word that, takes the **** out of Luis Suarez. He can go and **** himself. As the respected black writer for the Mirror said " I don't see how you can complain about the use of that word when you then use it yourself. If it had been a white comic the would have been murder. You cant have it both ways". Spot on words.
    I'm confused from your post, has Reg complained about the N word before? That seems unlike him

I'm confused from your post, has Reg complained about the N word before? That seems unlike him
    Not sure but Darren Lewis was talking in general. You can't make it a very offensive word for one race then go and use it yourself. Which is correct and what Darren Lewis meant. Seriously imagine if John Bishop was saying n this or n that. And given the Terry and Suarez cases using that word it was hardly wise to have a comic use it given it was the PFA awards. Plus taking the **** out of Luis Suarez was bang out of order.

Not sure but Darren Lewis was talking in general. You can't make it a very offensive word for one race then go and use it yourself. Which is correct and what Darren Lewis meant. Seriously imagine if John Bishop was saying n this or n that. And given the Terry and Suarez cases using that word it was hardly wise to have a comic use it given it was the PFA awards. Plus taking the **** out of Luis Suarez was bang out of order.
    I still don't get what your saying, are you saying Reg shouldn't say it because he wouldn't say it if he was white? And I'm sure most comedians will take the **** out of Suarez for the bite, he deserves it. I've already seen atleast 3 comedians make a joke from it and I'm not that bothered tbh.

Jasper Carrott for me.
    "Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic" Emlyn Hughes 1977

I still don't get what your saying, are you saying Reg shouldn't say it because he wouldn't say it if he was white? And I'm sure most comedians will take the **** out of Suarez for the bite, he deserves it. I've already seen atleast 3 comedians make a joke from it and I'm not that bothered tbh.
    Because the would have been outrage if a white comic had said it. So quite simply you can't complain (as in the general black population) if a white person uses but then think it's ok if a black comic uses it. As i've clearly said if it was a white comic the would have been murder. And Darren Lewis put it across as on Sky News yesterday exactly as I have tried to explain.

I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion on racism as that argument will only end in tears so if you can't understand from the above then you will never understand. Try looking on the Sky News website and see if his interview is on there from yesterday.

Big Yin

ladym98 is offline Thank Milady it's Friday
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    big yin
    Jojoba!!!

Ooooooh, this is new!

Because the would have been outrage if a white comic had said it. So quite simply you can't complain (as in the general black population) if a white person uses but then think it's ok if a black comic uses it. As i've clearly said if it was a white comic the would have been murder. And Darren Lewis put it across as on Sky News yesterday exactly as I have tried to explain.

I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion on racism as that argument will only end in tears so if you can't understand from the above then you will never understand. Try looking on the Sky News website and see if his interview is on there from yesterday.
    I agree with that you're saying about if a white person said it there would be hell on. It's perceived that only black people are allowed to say the word and there is obviously something wrong with this logic. But I don't think this has anything to do with Reg using the word in his jokes.

As just posted on Twitter -

We booked Frankie Boyle for our child's eighth birthday party. I can't believe some of the things he said. #PFA

Not entirely sure the person who booked him was aware of his style of humour....
    Ooooooh, this is new!

Quote Originally Posted by ladym98 View Post
    As just posted on Twitter -

Not entirely sure the person who booked him was aware of his style of humour....
    :FP:

Lee Evans and Russell Peters

Simo429 is offline Boot Room insider
    :FP:
    I think its pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Simo429 View Post
    I think its pretty good
    It was directed at Ladys responce to the joke. If she was being sarcastic then I hold my hand up.

It was directed at Ladys responce to the joke. If she was being sarcastic then I hold my hand up.

Don't think I was being sarcastic... Hunter is known for his use of the 'N' word and various other routines on rape and things very close to the knuckle. Whilst I agree comedy is subjective and I'm not about to post my personal views on Hunter, I nevertheless think he was a bad choice for the PFA dinner bearing all this in mind. So either the person that booked him didn't have a clue what he was likely to talk about or someone was being incredibly naive.
    Ooooooh, this is new!

Quote Originally Posted by ladym98 View Post

Don't think I was being sarcastic... Hunter is known for his use of the 'N' word and various other routines on rape and things very close to the knuckle. Whilst I agree comedy is subjective and I'm not about to post my personal views on Hunter, I nevertheless think he was a bad choice for the PFA dinner bearing all this in mind. So either the person that booked him didn't have a clue what he was likely to talk about or someone was being incredibly naive.
    I thought you were talking about the twitter quote about Frankie Boyle, apologies