Notices
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 328

Thread: Comedians

  1. #211  
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Only the superior intellect understands jokes about being unhappy that he's married with kids and such, right? His stand up is incredibly tedious though, same **** whenever I've seen.

    I'm a fan of his on those brilliant panel shows Stewart Lee would never be allowed onto though.
    How odd.

    By the way, Stewart Lee is allowed onto panel shows, it's just that he couldn't hack it, when he tried.

    That's partly why he is so bitter about far more talented and successful comedians.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #212  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    34,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
    How odd.

    By the way, Stewart Lee is allowed onto panel shows, it's just that he couldn't hack it, when he tried.

    That's partly why he is so bitter about far more talented and successful comedians.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #213  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,207
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I think he thinks you should be offended

    What's wrong with you man, you should support a favoured comedian like you would a football team...beat your chest & insist Lee is the bestest!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #214  
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I think he thinks you should be offended

    What's wrong with you man, you should support a favoured comedian like you would a football team...beat your chest & insist Lee is the bestest!
    Even the BBC have given up on Lee now. Without them his career would have died on its arse from birth. And he'd be living in a skip.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #215  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
    Even the BBC have given up on Lee now. Without them his career would have died on its arse from birth. And he'd be living in a skip.
    If he lived in a skip & I'd take him in, I'd love & nurture him, building up his strength, then we'd come for you the most miserable king of comedy & compass of taste...we'd put rude things through your letterbox, egg you & laugh as we skip off together giggling in our his & his shirts.

    Do you have a letterbox in the grief hole you might refer to as home?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #216  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    34,399
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I think he thinks you should be offended

    What's wrong with you man, you should support a favoured comedian like you would a football team...beat your chest & insist Lee is the bestest!
    You only laugh when you're winning! Laaaughh when you're winninggggg!

    I won't hear a bad word said about Mr Lee, you heathens! Hamster Hammond though? **** him. He's not even a real hamster.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #217  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,207
    I can see that chant catching on at gigs! Security in to separate the audience in case clashing rival comedians are on.

    Who stole all the jokes!? Who stole all the jokes!? You fat ******* you fat ******* you stole all the jokes!

    One for Cordon there
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #218  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    34,399
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I can see that chant catching on at gigs! Security in to separate the audience in case clashing rival comedians are on.

    Who stole all the jokes!? Who stole all the jokes!? You fat ******* you fat ******* you stole all the jokes!

    One for Cordon there
    'Stand up for Mock the Week, Stand up for Mock the Week...'

    A big 'ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh' in the lead up to the punchline being delivered followed by 'you fat *******dddd'. I can see this taking off.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #219  
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    513
    Reginald D Hunter is my favourite.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #220  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,207
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    'Stand up for Mock the Week, Stand up for Mock the Week...'

    A big 'ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh' in the lead up to the punchline being delivered followed by 'you fat *******dddd'. I can see this taking off.
    Quality that mate!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #221  
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by RedG0ld+Green View Post
    Reginald D Hunter is my favourite.
    Don't worry. Your secret is safe with us.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #222  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,781
    Well the stand-up comedy has improved since the 1980s when all we had really was either smut or wife jokes from Bob Monkhouse. Only Lenny Henry was half decent.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #223  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Well the stand-up comedy has improved since the 1980s when all we had really was either smut or wife jokes from Bob Monkhouse. Only Lenny Henry was half decent.
    I always thought Bob Monkhouse as incredibly quick witted, better than just smut or wife jokes

    Lenny Henry I never personally liked, never understood his fame. He's left comedy far behind now as the face of Premier Inn
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #224  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,886
    Modern day comedy us pants......political correctness means we can't gave a laugh
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #225  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57,497
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Modern day comedy us pants......political correctness means we can't gave a laugh
    https://www.tbnsport.com/2017/09/20/...ngs-%e2%80%ac/
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #226  
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I always thought Bob Monkhouse as incredibly quick witted, better than just smut or wife jokes

    Lenny Henry I never personally liked, never understood his fame. He's left comedy far behind now as the face of Premier Inn
    i remember him when he first turned up on new faces with tony hatch an all them and ended up winning it...seems a nice enough fella...but my overall impression and memory of him as a "comedian" is not that good as he just seemed to me to be loud and shouted a lot... but not particularly funny.....
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #227  
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Modern day comedy us pants......political correctness means we can't gave a laugh
    Have you seen the American Comedy Roasts? And Brickleberry?

    The Left-wing PC Crowd would faint watching them.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #228  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,207
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Modern day comedy us pants......political correctness means we can't gave a laugh
    Bring back Bernard Manning/Righton eh:

    https://youtu.be/W3H43sIeck4
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #229  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
    Have you seen the American Comedy Roasts? And Brickleberry?

    The Left-wing PC Crowd would faint watching them.


    Brickleberry was awesome BTW and probably enjoyed by a lot of the left wing PC crowd, not like those right wing conservative grumps wanting to censor our TV.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #230  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post


    Brickleberry was awesome BTW and probably enjoyed by a lot of the left wing PC crowd, not like those right wing conservative grumps wanting to censor our TV.
    I really enjoyed Brickleberry, I laughed so much I had snowflake topped latte running out of my nostrils.

    As for the American Comedy Roasts, I just find them stupid, all a bit naff.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #231  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I really enjoyed Brickleberry, I laughed so much I had snowflake topped latte running out of my nostrils.

    As for the American Comedy Roasts, I just find them stupid, all a bit naff.
    I cant even think who my favourite character is, they are all so good but I'll probably go for the obvious Malloy.

    Bolded - They are never as hardcore as you want them to be. You want a proper roast not a gentle poaching. Christ, I'm hungry now.
    Last edited by Eloader; 16-2-18 at 13:22.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #232  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I cant even think who my favourite character is, they are all so good but I'll probably go for the obvious Malloy.

    Bolded - They are never as hardcore as you want them to be. You want a proper roast not a gentle poaching. Christ, I'm hungry now.
    Aye I just zone out when I watch, then turn over
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #233  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I really enjoyed Brickleberry, I laughed so much I had snowflake topped latte running out of my nostrils.

    As for the American Comedy Roasts, I just find them stupid, all a bit naff.
    It melted me (note I have never seen it)...
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #234  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I cant even think who my favourite character is, they are all so good but I'll probably go for the obvious Malloy.

    Bolded - They are never as hardcore as you want them to be. You want a proper roast not a gentle poaching. Christ, I'm hungry now.
    Enjoy a good roasting then I take it?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #235  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Enjoy a good roasting then I take it?
    I'm not sure if that's an intentional euphemism or not?
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #236  
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I really enjoyed Brickleberry, I laughed so much I had snowflake topped latte running out of my nostrils.

    As for the American Comedy Roasts, I just find them stupid, all a bit naff.
    Jeff Ross CERTAINLY ISN'T. It's great stuff. And Jimmy Carr was brilliant at the last one.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #237  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,207
    Quote Originally Posted by meistermind View Post
    i remember him when he first turned up on new faces with tony hatch an all them and ended up winning it...seems a nice enough fella...but my overall impression and memory of him as a "comedian" is not that good as he just seemed to me to be loud and shouted a lot... but not particularly funny.....
    Yeah, volume & faces really. Likeable but just not very funny

    Quote Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
    Jeff Ross CERTAINLY ISN'T. It's great stuff. And Jimmy Carr was brilliant at the last one.
    Ah, now you put it in capitals

    Oh I don't like Carr personally, lots of one liners over & over
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #238  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    29,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
    Have you seen the American Comedy Roasts? And Brickleberry?

    The Left-wing PC Crowd would faint watching them.
    oh please, I was raised on the likes of Roy Chubby Brown, Alf Garnett, Bernard Manning, Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor on tv and video alongside shows like It aint half hot, mum and many others, so the idea that people like me would faint is utter nonsense.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #239  
    smokintony is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    54,394
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Yeah it's shocking we can't mock things like slavery and past football disasters, the GBLT and such, too many liberal lefties about
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #240  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    34,399
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Ah, now you put it in capitals

    Oh I don't like Carr personally, lots of one liners over & over
    Jimmy Carr has to be one of the most overrated around, far too mild for the 'shock value' he aims for. That fake laugh too
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •