Notices
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 292 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Suarez - all discussions regarding his future

Quote Originally Posted by Suadal7 View Post
    Uruguay Newspaper, El Observador said that LFC just turned down a 47 million dollar bit for Suarez.

http://www.elobservador.com.uy/notic...os-por-suarez/

"In the last few hours, Real Madrid went all by Luis Suarez. The white team Liverpool offered 47 million euros, but the "Reds" the Uruguayan replied "not for sale".

As reported by "The Sun", the Spanish team made ​​contact with the player's agent, Pere Guardiola, brother of Pep, and this transfer the interest to the England team, he does not plan to sell it.
    Brendan Rodgers said a few weeks ago: "We will not sell Luis Suarez. It is one of the best players in the world and will not let go. "

However, British media say that if Real Madrid hires as coach Carlo Ancelotti, renegotiation meringues with Liverpool by the Uruguayan striker. Cavani has a very high price for the Spanish team despite also continue to show interest in him."

Pardon the google translate
    As reported by The S*n?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

DurhamRed2011 is offline Academy prospect
    "Listen, every player has their price but there's certainly no pressure for the club to sell him. We're trying to build that bit of quality so he's not for sale.

"I don't have any doubts there will be interest in him this summer, because he's up there. There's a small percentage of players who are world class and he's in that bracket, so I don't think it will be too dissimilar to when I first came in last summer, with clubs making their interest known.

"People will want to take him, but I think we all recognise how integral he is. The owners have been absolutely unequivocal in their resolve in terms of wanting to keep him. I had a meeting with the owners when they came over and talked about lots of stuff and that was one of them."

Brendan Rodgers

As at 14:40 hrs.............. Hold on to your hats.................... This is a biggy! Spanish paper Marca claims Real Madrid have struck a £40m deal with Liverpool for Luis Suarez. They add Suarez will sign a four-year deal and earn a pay-rise.
    Nothing is impossible whilst it's still possible..........

gerrardrafatorres is online now Academy prospect
    I think the ball in on our side even though REAL is trying to bargain hard. I believe we should try to get more than 40m for Suarez. It could be the amount plus a player.

Suarez has done his best for Liverpool. He has also "damaged" Liverpool along the way. If he wants to go and we get good returns, let's give him the blessings. It would be good for club and player.

Quote Originally Posted by DurhamRed2011 View Post
    "Listen, every player has their price but there's certainly no pressure for the club to sell him. We're trying to build that bit of quality so he's not for sale.

"I don't have any doubts there will be interest in him this summer, because he's up there. There's a small percentage of players who are world class and he's in that bracket, so I don't think it will be too dissimilar to when I first came in last summer, with clubs making their interest known.

"People will want to take him, but I think we all recognise how integral he is. The owners have been absolutely unequivocal in their resolve in terms of wanting to keep him. I had a meeting with the owners when they came over and talked about lots of stuff and that was one of them."

Brendan Rodgers
    The report coming out of Uruguay that we've rejected a bid backs up those quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTrilogy View Post
    As at 14:40 hrs.............. Hold on to your hats.................... This is a biggy! Spanish paper Marca claims Real Madrid have struck a £40m deal with Liverpool for Luis Suarez. They add Suarez will sign a four-year deal and earn a pay-rise.
    So we sold him?

Quote Originally Posted by Macfoley View Post
    So we sold him?
    If the reports from marca are to be believed.

Brendan Rodgers

"45mil?? Pack your bags Luis, you're off to Madrid"

JW Henry

So we sold him?
    Nah, it looks like they've decided to make a bid, and it looks like we've rejected it (if reports are to be believed)

Quote Originally Posted by twiglet1974 View Post
    "45mil?? Pack your bags Luis, you're off to Madrid"

JW Henry
    "**** the fans."

T Werner

45m Ronaldo and a new stadium, and we can talk

"**** the fans."

T Werner

So we sold him?
    Marca do whatever Madrid want them to - and that's not an exaggeration

They may well have agreed personal terms with him via agents or whatever, but its most likely just part of the general game of unsettling the player and trying to get LFC into a weakened position

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonWolf View Post
    Getting boring now.

Yesterday's news seems to have angled for a move.

Yet today's news see's his agent say he is staying.

Now we have rejected or accepted a 40 million of over bid for me.

Don't know if I can take another two months of this crap. Either sell him now and start rebuilding or he should come out and say I am staying.

Marca are very ITK, they were the first to say Cristiano Ronaldo had signed for Real, the only problems was that they were a year too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-18-5 View Post
    Marca are very ITK, they were the first to say Cristiano Ronaldo had signed for Real, the only problems was that they were a year too soon.
    Couldn't care less how "ITK" they apparently are, unless it's on www.liverpoolfc.com it hasn't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RedResurgence View Post
    The report coming out of Uruguay that we've rejected a bid backs up those quotes.
    El Observador now is reporting that suarez has personal agreement with Real, but yet to be approved by LFC

http://www.elobservador.com.uy/notic...ios-espanoles/

Noting "A Real Madrid is hard to say no," the Uruguayan striker, Luis Suarez, appears on the cover of two major sports media Spain.

In Brand is a photo of Salta celebrating a goal and the phrase "I do". In the subtitles added: "Uruguay Agreement with Madrid in the absence of Liverpool". "His release clause is 47 million and signed for four years."

The daily As, meanwhile, says that Suarez "is tired of England and is cheaper than Cavani."

Couldn't care less how "ITK" they apparently are, unless it's on www.liverpoolfc.com it hasn't happened yet.
    Of course, they could be ensconced in a meeting, formulating a way of breaking it to the mushrooms, sorry, fans.

El Observador now is reporting that suarez has personal agreement with Real, but yet to be approved by LFC

http://www.elobservador.com.uy/notic...ios-espanoles/

Noting "A Real Madrid is hard to say no," the Uruguayan striker, Luis Suarez, appears on the cover of two major sports media Spain.

In Brand is a photo of Salta celebrating a goal and the phrase "I do". In the subtitles added: "Uruguay Agreement with Madrid in the absence of Liverpool". "His release clause is 47 million and signed for four years."

The daily As, meanwhile, says that Suarez "is tired of England and is cheaper than Cavani."
    I thought it was not legal to talk to a player with out the permission of the club

So let me get this straight.

From what I can gather MARCA are saying that Real have 'tapped' Luis up. He has agreed a move, salary and starting position and yet LFC have turned down a transfer fee?

IF this is true I would sell him for the 40mil. I would do it today, right now. IF this is true I would immediately take down all advertising bearing his name/image. I would treat him as if he had never been a player at this mighty football club. I for one think he is a top player, but, IF TRUE, to be so underhanded and put LFC in such a position without the clubs knowledge, after all the club has done for him? I AM FUMING!!

(Then again the club could've known he was going for ages and are just making it look like Luis and Real are making all the running, so i'll change that to a for the moment)

Thebeastyboy is online now Academy prospect
    I saw on SkySports that his agent says he is happy at Liverpool and wants to stay - let's hope this is the truth

Going to be an expensive summer for Real....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...**-real-madrid

-thispilgrim- is online now FD Football Poster of the Year 2012-13
    Hope we keep him, but if offer of around £ 45-50 million comes in I think we will sell IMO. Hope I am very wrong.

I'm joking they are full of ****. The Cristiano Ronaldo thing was reported by them (he had signed for Real Madrid and bla bla bla) in 2008. It went through in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I thought it was not legal to talk to a player with out the permission of the club
    dont know, its all speculation as usual. maybe LFC have given permission to Suarez?

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    I saw on SkySports that his agent says he is happy at Liverpool and wants to stay - let's hope this is the truth
    Doesn't take much for Suarez to pick up his phone and tweet where he wants to play next season, seeing as that he is a tweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Its not. Its called 'tapping up'. Remember Ca$hley Cole and his clandestine meetings with Jose while he was still at Arsenal?

dont know, its all speculation as usual. maybe LFC have given permission to Suarez?
    According to that source they are talking to him with out our permission. I am just referring to that

Quote Originally Posted by Thispilgrim View Post
    Hope we keep him, but if offer of around £ 45-50 million comes in I think we will sell IMO. Hope I am very wrong.
    I hope he does stay too.

But.....

If we did not have Sturridge and Coutinho, plus more players to come, Borini has a lot to offer, to soften the blow a little.

Plus no player is bigger than the club, and Liverpool will still remain with or without Suarez.

MaxB is online now nimble, MaxB quick
    Isn't Higuain leaving this summer?