Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013-2014 league predictions

1. #1 Default 2013-2014 league predictions 
    I know its early but its always interesting to see the general opinion on who is going to do good and bad next season.

1/Chelsea, Jose to be successful.
    2/Man city, to go close again.
    3/Man united, it's not going to be the same.
    4/Arsenal, they always find a way.
    5/Liverpool, improvement.
    6/Tottenham, typical let down for 4th.
    7/Swansea, bony if signs to do well.
    8/Everton, not keen on Martinez.
    9/Southampton, steady improvements.
    10/Newcastle, can't be worse then last year.
    11/West brom, without lukaku will drop.
    12/Fulham, predictable mid table.
    13/West ham, Sam to be safe comfortably.
    14/Villa, won't be in trouble.
    15/Norwich, slight drop from last year.
    16/Stoke, on the downhill I believe.
    17/Cardiff, around the 38 point mark but safe.
    18/Sunderland, predict to struggle.
    19/Hull, can't see them beating the drop.
    20/Palace, playoff team to struggle as normal.

Please merge if there is an existing thread on this topic.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

1. Liverpool
    2. Chelski
    3. Spuds

Ha ha only joking.

But it seems a bit early to be trying to predict our season never mind what other teams are doing over the summer. Unless its a bit of fun and we predict on the blind?

1. Chelsea
    2. Arsenal
    3. Man Citeh
    4. Man Yernited
    5. Liverpool
    6. Spurs
    7. Everton
    8. Swansea
    9. Southampton
    10. Newcastle
    11. Villa
    12. Norwich
    13. Sunderland
    14. Fulham
    15. West Ham
    16. West Brom
    17. Cardiff
    18. Stoke
    19. Hull
    20. Palace

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z92 View Post
    I know its early but its always interesting to see the general opinion on who is going to do good and bad next season.

1/Chelsea, Jose to be successful.
    2/Man city, to go close again.
    3/Man united, it's not going to be the same.
    4/Arsenal, they always find a way.
    5/Liverpool, improvement.
    6/Tottenham, typical let down for 4th.
    7/Swansea, bony if signs to do well.
    8/Everton, not keen on Martinez.
    9/Southampton, steady improvements.
    10/Newcastle, can't be worse then last year.
    11/West brom, without lukaku will drop.
    12/Fulham, predictable mid table.
    13/West ham, Sam to be safe comfortably.
    14/Villa, won't be in trouble.
    15/Norwich, slight drop from last year.
    16/Stoke, on the downhill I believe.
    17/Cardiff, around the 38 point mark but safe.
    18/Sunderland, predict to struggle.
    19/Hull, can't see them beating the drop.
    20/Palace, playoff team to struggle as normal.

Please merge if there is an existing thread on this topic.
    Agree with it pretty much all of it apart from LFC....Your assuming that Suarez is staying I take it? I have that feeling that 1st Suarez wants champ league football, 2nd like most modern footballers has no loyalty to any team, 3rd Real will come calling in the last week of the window and Suarez will kick and scream until we have to let him go.
    LFC therefore will finish a disappointing 6th or 7th

Quote Originally Posted by 7nelly View Post
    Agree with it pretty much all of it apart from LFC....Your assuming that Suarez is staying I take it? I have that feeling that 1st Suarez wants champ league football, 2nd like most modern footballers has no loyalty to any team, 3rd Real will come calling in the last week of the window and Suarez will kick and scream until we have to let him go.
    LFC therefore will finish a disappointing 6th or 7th
    wow your an optimistic chap aren't you weve won things without suarez before and im pretty dam sure we will win things again when hes gone as much as I like the way he plays and like the amount of goals he scored hes a liability sturridge is more than capable of scoring 20 plus goals a season

the money we get can go towards a top player I know its a gamble but its more of one keeping a player whos heads been turned ive no doubt he will always give 100% but hes going to be for some more stick off fans and probably players next season so it will only be a matter of time before theres another lengthy ban on the horizon

as for the league predictions its far to early to predict the window has just opened everyone will strengthen some more than others as for man utd do people honestly think they aren't going to back moyes with top class signings he will probably sign 4 0r 5 top top players to carry on where bacon face left off they know they were lucky to win with that squad last year and will strengthen it big time as will city and Chelsea so its down to arsenal spuds and us arsenal talk a good transfer and bottle the big ones where as spuds well there unpredictable in the transfer market levy is shrewd to a point of hes un bearable in he offers they put in

we have don some early good business just nedd probably 2/3 more and we can push for 4th don't see maritinez really doing mutch next year probably 7th to mutch going on to unsettle there I hope

This is not an easy prediction so I'm just going to predict the top ten, as the rest are too hard and I think there is going to be a gap between the top of the able and lower half of the table soon. Quite a few clubs doing reasonably well:

1: Manchester City - Manuel Pellegrini is a pretty good manager and with the right players he could do exceptionally well.
    2: Chelsea - Jose Mourinho is obviously a good manager but I just don't think the current group of players particularly suit his style of football, such as Juan Mata and Eden Hazard.
    3: Manchester United - They will still do pretty well in the league and won't be far off the title, due to the quality and experience of their players.
    4: Arsenal - They have some money to spend and I can see them investing smartly in the correct players.
    5: Liverpool - Although not top four, I still think this is a good improvement especially if goals conceded are less, roughly the same goals are scored and we challenge for forth.
    6: Tottenham - Still quite a good team, but still undecided on AVB as he can either be really good or shockingly bad, they will also be challenging for forth.
    7: Swansea - Another improvement for them and if Michael Laudrap stays, and they bring in some good players then they'll improve again in my opinion.
    8: Everton - Massive transition for Everton this season with Roberto Martinez coming in and having a completely different brand of football.
    9: Fulham - Have made a few decent transfers and Martin Jol is a decent manager who plays nice football, can see them being a good team.
    10: West Ham: Sam Allardyce usually has his teams playing ugly, yet effective football and they seem to be making a few decent transfers which fit their system.

I think the top six are all pretty much going to be Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, City and Spurs and there won't be anyone drop out. The following four positions aren't easy but I think Swansea are the only guarantee to be in the top ten, possibly Fulham as well. You have the likes of West Brom and Aston Villa who's hopes of a top ten finish rely on Romelu Lukaku going for another loan, and Christian Benteke staying.

The middle ten teams could really end up with 6/7 points between them.. Not much in it.. Think cardiff have chance to stay up but hard to say who will go down with hull and palace.. Maybe norwich or sunderland. Think swansea will drop in league, michu carried them with his goals.. Hard to see him continue in that vain and europa league distraction.. They need alot of players. Think one of new managers at top will inevitibly flop.. Moyes has tough start hopefully no wins in first 3 and fans get aggitated.. Dreamland they drop out of top 4 beaten by us to 4th on last day.. Everton will drop alittle more so if both baines and fellaini go..

With that in mind i will give it a go.. With few shocks to be expected ..

Chelsea (the special one will br more settled then other 2 new managers at top)
    Man city ( best squad at mo, need new striker. Navas looks quality)
    Liverpool ( just have that feeling a good year is ahead..prob have same feeling every year ha)
    Man utd ( tough start hopefully fans get nervy early if no win in 3.. no more fergie.. time big step up for moyes, his first 11 always picked itself now to juggle unhappy players squad rotation and champions league..Dreaming of a fall)
    Tottenham (bale.... Seem ready to spend)
    Arsenal ( cant keep coming back from horrible starts.. Depends on purchases)
    Villa (dunno just wanna be random and expect few suprises)
    Newcastle (must improve.. Once they keep players)
    Everton (drop a little moyes did great)
    Southampton ( money to spend play good football)
    West ham (solid)
    Fulham ( dunno could be in trouble got few possible decent signings in so far but need more in midfield)
    Swansea ( michu cant continue in same vain.. Europa league take it toll on small squad)
    West brom (will miss lakuku big time, never match last seasons start)
    Cardiff ( seem to have money with some striker signed for 8 m and ince bid in for 8)
    Sunderland (too much change in personal but dicanio spirit will see them survive if hes not fired early doors which is also a good bet)
    Stoke ( dangerous appointing hughes surely better available.. His buys are wasteful mostly.. Luckily he wont have much money so could suit him)
    Norwich
    Hull
    Palace

1. Arsenal - Having no real disruption pre-season they are the dark horse
    2. Chelsea - God is back in charge and them players will be head over heels to perform
    3. Man City - The amount of talent there its logical top 4
    4. Spurs - One trick pony in Bale but will be enough to secure top 4
    5. Man Utd - The transition will hit them hard
    6. Liverpool - Progress is Progress
    7. Swansea
    8. Everton - transition
    9. W.B.A
    10. West Ham Utd
    11. Norwhich
    12. Fullham
    13. Southampton
    14. Sunderland