Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Suso

1. #1 Default Suso 
    Well, I dont agree with his view that the Suso loan is disappointing but this is a very interesting statement made here.

Everybody expects a british player to fill Gerrards shoes, but, I think this guy might be onto something here. Besides Suso being extremely talented and loaded with potential, this kinda explains why BR treasures the kid, and well all of us as LFC fans, and why Shelvey (once dubbed "the future Gerrard") got sold permanently.

"Arguably his best role, though, will in years to come be seen as the deeper midfielder, with a defensive player alongside him. Suso will have the space and time on the ball to utilise his passing and vision to its greatest effect.

Right now, Liverpool have Steven Gerrard in that role, so Suso's time on the pitch was going to be restricted to the more attacking positions."

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...for-new-season

With that said...is BR looking to make the "next Gerrard" spanish?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

It's where he plays with Spain, in that deeper role, and he excels at it. I was having this exact conversation with a mate of mine just this last week, that Suso is going out on loan because he needs to time to develop to fulfil that role in a top side.

I'll read the site later, thanks for the link!

I remember an interview with his Cadiz manager right after he signed and the coach said his game will be very similar to the role of Guti.

PS: Found the article. Looks like Almeria were in for him when we signed him,

Liverpool have signed a jewel for the future when they secured the services of Jesus Fernandez Saez, who is nicknamed Suso, ahead of the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, according to his former youth team coach, Quique Gonzalez.

Goal.com spoke exclusively to the Cadiz trainer that helped groom the 16-year-old before he was spotted by the Reds and he gave his thoughts on the player's abilities, character and chance of succeeding in England.

Goal.com: Quique, how did Suso arrive at Cadiz?

Quique Gonzalez: Suso arrived at the club four or five years ago. He played for all the junior teams before moving up to play for the cadetes. I saw him play in a small team in the region, Centro Berman, and as Cadiz have a collaboration agreement with them we offered Suso the chance to join us and move here with his family.

Goal.com: Has he had any experience playing at juvenile level?

QG: Yes, he has played in the Cadiz and Andalucia teams, but it has surprised me that they have never called him up for the Spain Under-16 team. The coach has seen him several times, but has not called him. That is strange because the Andalucian side is one of the strongest at national level in his age group and Suso has stood out for them and been the best on occasion. But they still have decided not to call him up.

Goal.com: What kind of player have Liverpool signed? What will Suso give them?

QG: He is a left-sided midfielder with extraordinary talent. He has great quality, a good shot, his vision is great and his passing is outstanding. He has a bit of everything and I think they have signed a jewel. With a youth team one can try them out in several positions, but I think he would also be good as an attacking or holding midfielder. He may not have that much speed, that is not his strong point. But he can dribble well and does have great vision. He could be effective playing in the middle.

Goal.com: Could you compare him with a well-known player in Spain?

QG: I do not like making comparisons, but if you are talking about his style of play then maybe someone like Guti. He may also have something about him like Albert Riera too, but not as much. I think Suso does have elements of those players. What is very important though is that he can score goals. He likes to go into the area as part of the second wave. He has scored a good number of goals from distance too, that is one of his qualities.

Goal.com: What is Suso like as a person?

QG: He is dedicated and intelligent. He is well-grounded. He focuses on his education, is a good team-mate who is also well-disciplined and good mannered.

Goal.com: Liverpool cannot have been the first team to want him. What other clubs were interested?

QG: Various Spanish teams watched him, the biggest ones. Almeria did and Villarreal and then Sevilla and after them Real Madrid and Barcelona also showed an interest. When things like this happen the smaller clubs are used to struggling to hold on to players and with Barca and Madrid looking on it is difficult. But Liverpool's offer seemed to be very good and that was something that they sorted out with the boy and his family.

Goal.com: What does it mean to Cadiz that a club like Liverpool were interested in one of your players? Especially one that had not even trained with the first team.

QG: As much for me as for the coaches at the club it was a proud moment that such a big team saw him and were so interested. It means that the Cadiz youth system is working well and that we have good players. It also made me a bit sad that we did not have the chance to see him play in our first team though. He has left without ever training at the highest level with us. We had great hopes for him, but that is the way it is. If Manchester United cannot even keep Cristiano Ronaldo when Real Madrid were interested, you can imagine what it is like for a club Cadiz.

Goal.com: Cadiz have won promotion back to la Segunda A and Liverpool may want to loan the player out before giving him his debut in the Premier League.

QG: I think that he has everything needed to succeed there, but if he cannot do it quickly and he was to spend time with another team it would be great if he was to fill a space in our team. But I am sure he will have plenty of offers from clubs in England too.

Indeed, there is Guti qualities but I also see him entering the ranks of current spanish left footed playmakers like David Silva and Juan Mata. We need to hold onto this kid with both hands, or my home team 2012/2013 kit with his name at the back will be put in a frame for good memories lol but with BR around, I dont think that will happen

This article seems to suggest that Suso will be a central midfielder long term. So is he a central midfielder or attacking midfielder?

http://anfieldforever.co.uk/?p=413

Biriani - is offline Triptrap Triptrap
    I see no reason why Suso is not in our first team squad right now

Rarely do any players we loan out come back and go on to be great Liverpool players

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Rarely do any players we loan out come back and go on to be great Liverpool players
    Because he had little effect in a team that finished 7th in the league. He is talented and hopefully one for the future but I don't see anything last season that warranted a first team place at the moment considering how much we need to improve.

Whatever has happened rarely in the past has no bearing on what happens now.

Mainly because we've used loans to get players off our wage bill instead of for youth development. Times are a-changin'.

Quote Originally Posted by OLI1879 View Post
    Because he had little effect in a team that finished 7th in the league. He is talented and hopefully one for the future but I don't see anything last season that warranted a first team place at the moment considering how much we need to improve.

Whatever has happened rarely in the past has no bearing on what happens now.
    I agree he isn't ready for the first team, but I think he should be in the squad, able to see what it takes and fight for a place on the bench at least.

And I don't think he's coming back at all. The times are not a'changin in this regard.
    Well, if he comes back, it will be like Aquaman or Spearing because we can't get rid.

Put it this way, if Laudrup had offered half what he did for Shelvey, then Suso would be there in my view

Wow, he is not good enough right now. Naive defensively. Too much of a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by SerRenely View Post
    Wow, he is not good enough right now. Naive defensively. Too much of a risk.
    Then coach him to make better decisions

I'm not saying he should be in the first team,
    I'm saying he should be in the first team squad, not loaned out never to return.

I agree he isn't ready for the first team, but I think he should be in the squad, able to see what it takes and fight for a place on the bench at least.

And I don't think he's coming back at all. The times are not a'changin in this regard.
    Well, if he comes back, it will be like Aquaman or Spearing because we can't get rid.

Put it this way, if Laudrup had offered half what he did for Shelvey, then Suso would be there in my view
    You aren't basing that on anything though. Just your gut feeling because of what happened before.

As for the him being in the squad, we dont have room for youngsters getting coached at the mo. We need game changers on the bench.

I think it is excellent move loaning him out. He can hopefully get a whole season under his belt. If it turns out we don't need him then so be it, at least people would have had a chance to see his talent. Win win for us and him.

A little off topic, but Bo do you have Asperger syndrome? It would make sense you if you did and it would help everyone in here if you came out with your medical condition, whatever that might be.

You come out with utter nonsense so often that I'm sure you can't mean any of it. Suso going on loan is not comparable to when Aquaman and Spearing went out on loan you plank. Suso in his own words has said how great all the support from LFC fans was and how he looked forward to coming back after gaining the experience.

You've pulled your opinion out of your arse and choose to ignore so many of the facts to suit your own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by OLI1879 View Post
    You aren't basing that on anything though. Just your gut feeling because of what happened before.

As for the him being in the squad, we dont have room for youngsters getting coached at the mo. We need game changers on the bench.

I think it is excellent move loaning him out. He can hopefully get a whole season under his belt. If it turns out we don't need him then so be it, at least people would have had a chance to see his talent. Win win for us and him.
    You put it more eloquently but that's pretty much the sum of it.

Stop comparing things to how things were in the previous regime, when it's quite clear that the club have changed their attitude to youth development.

For the previous decade, we've rarely produced good enough PL quality players from the academy. Whether they went out on loan or not is irrelevant. The overriding factor was that that players we were producing were not good enough. Things have now changed at the club, so comparing things to the previous regime is null and void.
    Last edited by SweetSilverSeven; 18-7-13 at 18:03.

He would be a good central midfielder, but then that would waste his incredible dribbling skills. Would love to see how he develops.

This loan deal will work wonders on him.

Playing for a team in La Liga for a whole season is something that will bring out his true talents.
    The man that never sleeps

This Bo guy is funny, every time he trolls somebody falls for it

Then coach him to make better decisions

I'm not saying he should be in the first team,
    I'm saying he should be in the first team squad, not loaned out never to return.

He`ll learn nothing sat on our bench & it`d be considered to much of a risk for LFC to put him streight into our first team.
    He`ll go on loan to a tough league with a team where he should get plenty of game time, he`ll learn a lot then come back with a more tactical mindset & better understanding of what he needs to do to be an alround decent midfielder.

He`s still young & it`ll take time for him to flourish but he will.

Rodgers learned his trade as a youth team coach & understands what it takes for a youngster to take the step up to the first team from the reserves, Rodgers will want everyone of the reserves to make it, although he`ll understand that very few will.

This is the right move for Suso, it`ll help to finish his education in football terms & will do him & LFC a great service.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. View Post
    This Bo guy is funny, every time he trolls somebody falls for it
    Not really. Lost count of the number of times I've called him a troll outright. I just like to kick dust in his face sometimes.

Besides, he's actually just a little bit dim and running a few gears short of a full box.

Quote Originally Posted by Doriano View Post
    A little off topic, but Bo do you have Asperger syndrome? It would make sense you if you did and it would help everyone in here if you came out with your medical condition, whatever that might be.
    Do you know that asperger syndrome is a part of the autism spectrum? And both Albert Einstein and Bill Gates have been diagnosed within the autism spectrum?
    Last edited by Rolls Reus; 18-7-13 at 21:38. Reason: Spelling