Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mcdonalds food deemed unfit for human consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Whompy Whomperson View Post
    Chef Jamie Oliver won a battle against one of the largest fast food chains in the world. After Oliver showed how McDonald’s hamburgers are made, the franchise announced it will change its recipe.

According to Oliver, the fatty parts of beef are “washed” in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption.

According to the chef and presenter, Jamie Oliver, who has undertaken a war against the fast food industry: “Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold in the cheapest way for dogs, and after this process, is being given to human beings.”

Besides the low quality of the meat, the ammonium hydroxide is harmful to health. Oliver calls it “the pink slime process.”

“Why would any sensible human being put meat filled with ammonia in the mouths of their children?” asked the chef, who wages a war against the fast food industry.

In one of his initiatives, Oliver demonstrates to children how nuggets are made. After selecting the best parts of the chicken, the remains (fat, skin and internal organs) are processed for these fried foods.

The company, Arcos Dorados, the franchise manager in Latin America, said such a procedure is not practiced in the region. The same applies to the product in Ireland and the UK, where they use meat from local suppliers.

In the United States, Burger King and Taco Bell had already abandoned the use of ammonia in their products. The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent in meats, which has allowed McDonald’s to use otherwise “inedible meat.”

Even more disturbing is that because ammonium hydroxide is considered part of the “component in a production procedure” by the USDA, consumers may not know when the chemical is in their food.

On the official website of McDonald’s, the company claims that their meat is cheap because, while serving many people every day, they are able to buy from their suppliers at a lower price, and offer the best quality products.

In addition, the franchise denied that the decision to change the recipe is related to Jamie Oliver’s campaign. On the site, McDonald’s has admitted that they have abandoned the beef filler from its burger patties.

- See more at: http://documentarylovers.com/news/ja....hydMYLtP.dpuf
    well done jamie oliver. mcdonalds, kfc, burger king and the likes are a disgrace. mcds put gerkin in their burgers because otherwise due to the sugar content it would be classified as a desert. im sure youve all seen the kfc "chickens" pictures.

in my opinion anyone who feeds their child mcdonalds no matter how happy it makes them is irresponsible. its the worst possible type of food for a child, no matter how good they make their health charts look its just not. come at me all you want and defend it if you do. il say one more thing, my buddy looks after his sisters child and mcdonalds is his favourite so once, twice sometimes trice he gets mcdonalds and that child is destined to be fat, very fat. he already is showing signs. so what if it makes him/her happy is bad for them, you wouldnt give them a *** or nagin of vodka.
    viva stevie...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I have heard tales of a mac d patty not going off for an extended period even after being left exposed....wonder if anyone on here head about this also? Imagine!!
    The voices that speak to me are red...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevinn View Post
    I have heard tales of a mac d patty not going off for an extended period even after being left exposed....wonder if anyone on here head about this also? Imagine!!

its true. there so much preservatives in it that they dont go off. i think one scientist done an experiment with a regular burger and a mcdonalds one and the mcdonalds burger lasted something crazy like a year without going off. youtube and you will see it.
    viva stevie...

anyone that expects quality food when you can buy 10 burgers for a quid in Icelands or a 99p cheeseburger from maccyDs is quite frankly an idiot.

Why do you think so much horsemeat was found recently?

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    anyone that expects quality food when you can buy 10 burgers for a quid in Icelands or a 99p cheeseburger from maccyDs is quite frankly an idiot.

Why do you think so much horsemeat was found recently?
    I would have thought horses are more expensive than cows - imagine the advertising - get a colt burger with chips for 1.99

Yoda In A Skoda is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ---LFC-Doyle--- View Post
    He is a *****, My school went from having several options at lunch including some fatty products along with some healthy products to pure healthy, Plain dry brown bread salad buttys, Plain pasta, There were no options what so ever so alot of us didn't bother buying anything for lunch, And that's worse imo, We just hit sayers or went to morrisons for chicken bites on our way home.
    Good on you, some of that stuff on offer tastes like Cardboard anyway.
    Huuhmhmhmhmmm. Come at me bro.

years ago while i was in school, there was a rumor that a mcdonalds cook masturbated and "released" in the mayonaisse.....i havent had a mcdonalds burger since

i ususally ordered the nuggets or the fries, items that usually not handled by hand

Maccies' can't be all that bad I mean Usain Bolt won the Beijing Olympics after having some Chicken Nuggets from there, rather than trying some of the food on offer in China.

[QUOTE=Yoda In A Skoda;9260820]Maccies' can't be all that bad I mean Usain Bolt won the Beijing Olympics after having some Chicken Nuggets from there, rather than trying some of the food on offer in China.

Maybe thats why he had the runs...

Quote Originally Posted by Suadal7 View Post
    years ago while i was in school, there was a rumor that a mcdonalds cook masturbated and "released" in the mayonaisse.....i havent had a mcdonalds burger since

i ususally ordered the nuggets or the fries, items that usually not handled by hand
    I can beat that, my mates cousin 'rimmed' a guys Milkshake after he masturbated.

[QUOTE=Nevinn;9260831]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda In A Skoda View Post
    Maccies' can't be all that bad I mean Usain Bolt won the Beijing Olympics after having some Chicken Nuggets from there, rather than trying some of the food on offer in China.

Maybe thats why he had the runs...
    indeed

I can beat that, my mates cousin 'rimmed' a guys Milkshake after he masturbated.
    What was the flavour?

What was the flavour?
    Cheese

Cheese
    The milkshake right...

Which mcdonalds did your counsin's mate work at?

I tried to BBQ a maccies burger once and it literally disintegrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Suadal7 View Post
    Which mcdonalds did your counsin's mate work at?
    I don't know mate. He's down near Cheshire I think. He's got one of those funny-yet-almost-a-Scouse-accent. If you know what I mean.

The milkshake right...
    I was wetting myself when he told me, and the fact he just said it so casually.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamfield View Post
    I tried to BBQ a maccies burger once and it literally disintegrated.
    Dry pale looking patty on a bbq? Why would you?

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ---LFC-Doyle--- View Post
    It shouldn't be forced on people though, If school meals in particular had more healthy options along with some fatty foods, I'm sure more people would eat it.
    The kids don't want to eat healthy, everything that was less accessible even 20 years ago is almost a given these days. These days the kids cart mobiles around, go on PCs more than they should, eat pretty much anything and sit and play FIFA on their games consoles instead of kicking the real thing about with their mates.

A lot of focus is on diet, not nearly enough on exercise? Why not? Because you can't sell food by telling people they should exercise, instead you sell it as "one of your five a day" or "as part of a calorie controlled diet". And the gyms etc tap into female obsession with their weight and what they eat, frankly I hate almost anything that tries to force you to buy (into) it by scaremongering.

And the chances are there is so muchc rap in our food that it is causing the increase in cancer, not that we need TV ads to tell us how we're going to die from cancer thanks. I think we all know at some level that mcdonalds isc rap and not good for us, but like with anything we justify it by saying "it's no worse than................" kind of comments, like you'll see in the Celtic thread. I wonder if you can do the same with dying, "it's no worse than" or "it's only a few people doing it" really doesn't work...........................
    People will believe what they want to believe