Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1836

Thread: Sakho

  1. #61  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,318
    i think he is slowly starting to settle

    he looked very shaky in his first few games...understandable

    and even now he s not at full speed onthi possesion game we play at the back but he s startingto get more and more solid

    i think there s a super cb inthere that just needs to time to settle and adapt...in 4-6 months time i think we ll start seeing the best of him
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Macfoley View Post
    On the subject for fighting for your place now in the team, judging by Hendo's performance in mifield, looks like Lucas might have to fight his place back.
    good just as it ought to be...if johnson was fit i d be tarting with gerrard and hendo the next day
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,949
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    good just as it ought to be...if johnson was fit i d be tarting with gerrard and hendo the next day
    You hussy, you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,318
    Quote Originally Posted by KopEndPies View Post
    You hussy, you.
    god damned s key
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Gerrard was covering the near post, if your looking for blame look no further.
    Are you having a laugh, it was Enrique's man, who he completely lost! How on earth can you blame Gerrard for that. Seems to me that every man and his dog wants to have a dig at Gerrard at the moment! Some people need to get a grip!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,927
    I still don't know how we persuaded him to come to Anfield, immense centre back.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbin View Post
    Are you having a laugh, it was Enrique's man, who he completely lost! How on earth can you blame Gerrard for that. Seems to me that every man and his dog wants to have a dig at Gerrard at the moment! Some people need to get a grip!
    To be fair, it was SG. He just gotta keep goin man, and find his form
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,244
    Quote Originally Posted by LilWillOblock View Post
    I still don't know how we persuaded him to come to Anfield, immense centre back.
    If we could sign 2 more players of his quality elsewhere on the pitch, we would be challenging for the title pretty soon.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17,460
    Once Johnson and Coutinho are back and Kelly is match fit, I'd like to see us play like this:

    Mignolet

    Kelly - Toure - Sakho

    Johnson - Gerrard - Henderson - Cissokho

    Coutinho

    Sturridge - Suarez

    Kelly and Sakho should be the future at CB. Both 23, big lads, quick and one left and one right footed. With Toure in a back 3, Kelly should pick up what is needed in the position at PL level real quick. Skrtel and Agger will be sold in January or the summer.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17,460
    Quote Originally Posted by irishdanny View Post
    To be fair, it was SG. He just gotta keep goin man, and find his form
    Truth be known, Mignolet didn't look his best either on that one. Should've done better.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by irishdanny View Post
    To be fair, it was SG. He just gotta keep goin man, and find his form
    TBF it wasn't Gerrards man. He got a run on whoever was marking him and SG didn't have a chance.
    Cos I'm brown and knobbly.....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,927
    Enrique has no brain, therefore has no future at Anfield. Carragher already made it clear, what anyone with two eyes can see, he refuses to learn. He always loses his man, look at Hernandez goal in LC. Look at his dumb pass to Dwight Gayle that nearly cost us a goal. He starts games well for 20-30 mins, then is awful for the rest of it.

    I pray to God Cissokho hits form straight away. Because Sakho/Toure can be heroic as they want, Enrique will always let us down.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,244
    Quote Originally Posted by LilWillOblock View Post
    Enrique has no brain, therefore has no future at Anfield. Carragher already made it clear, what anyone with two eyes can see, he refuses to learn. He always loses his man, look at Hernandez goal in LC. Look at his dumb pass to Dwight Gayle that nearly cost us a goal. He starts games well for 20-30 mins, then is awful for the rest of it.

    I pray to God Cissokho hits form straight away. Because Sakho/Toure can be heroic as they want, Enrique will always let us down.
    If Sterling could play in a right wing back position, why couldn't he or Moses do it on the left when Johnson is back? And if we play with 4 defenders, why couldn't Agger play as a left back? I think people will be disappointed to realise that Cissokho is even worse than Enrique.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,389
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbin View Post
    Are you having a laugh, it was Enrique's man, who he completely lost! How on earth can you blame Gerrard for that. Seems to me that every man and his dog wants to have a dig at Gerrard at the moment! Some people need to get a grip!
    Are we talking about the same match here?..................... and no I'm not having a laugh, look at the expression on his face after the goal he knows it was his fault.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomsy13 View Post
    If Sterling could play in a right wing back position, why couldn't he or Moses do it on the left when Johnson is back? And if we play with 4 defenders, why couldn't Agger play as a left back? I think people will be disappointed to realise that Cissokho is even worse than Enrique.
    Sterling would get exposed worse than Enrique at set pieces.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    changeaname is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    12,697
    he was baptised by fire a bit due to the agger injury but he is growing into the league very well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomsy13 View Post
    If Sterling could play in a right wing back position, why couldn't he or Moses do it on the left when Johnson is back? And if we play with 4 defenders, why couldn't Agger play as a left back? I think people will be disappointed to realise that Cissokho is even worse than Enrique.
    Must admit, I am not looking forward to watching him steam about like a headless chicken, I really dont rate Cissokho at all, he is fast and strong but not really a good footballer imo.
    I hope that Brendan get get more out of him that I have seen, and you never know.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18,262
    Quote Originally Posted by LilWillOblock View Post
    Sterling would get exposed worse than Enrique at set pieces.
    Yep.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,522
    Quote Originally Posted by changeaname View Post
    he was baptised by fire a bit due to the agger injury but he is growing into the league very well.
    I posted about central defensive partnerships that have worked in Premier League since it started. They all follow similar pattern. One massively strong player to dominate aerially and one exceptionally quick player to cover. Arsenal had this with Adams and Keown. Adams massive physical presence, Keown quick and great one v one.

    United had it with Bruce and Pallister. Bruce dominated box and Pallister exceptionally quick and good one v one.

    You had it at Chelsea with terry physical presence dominates box and first Gallas and then Carvalho quick and excellent one v one.

    Then you have Keown/Toure and Sol Campbell. Sol was a monster and the other two much more mobile and exceptional one v one.

    at their peak Vidic and Ferdinand were immense. Vidic dominated air and box and Ferdinand legs have gone now but at his peak henry couldn't out sprint him.

    This is why I always said Skrtel and Agger couldn't work. Physically not enough strength to dominate big powerful strikers from crosses, set pieces or just physical battles in general. Not enough between them to deal with quick strikers and counter attacks. they were just too similar, not technically but physically.

    Most scoffed when I said they wouldn't last season under Rodgers but they didn't. Now Rodgers buys Sakho a young but physically imposing centre back. You can only imagine his power when he's 26-30 and how he could bully strikers.

    Then you have young Ilori. Apparently quicker than Ronaldo at Sporting and 6ft 3. Anybody else think Rodgers is following the pattern I set out?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    changeaname is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    12,697
    maybe, good observation
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    24,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I posted about central defensive partnerships that have worked in Premier League since it started. They all follow similar pattern. One massively strong player to dominate aerially and one exceptionally quick player to cover. Arsenal had this with Adams and Keown. Adams massive physical presence, Keown quick and great one v one.

    United had it with Bruce and Pallister. Bruce dominated box and Pallister exceptionally quick and good one v one.

    You had it at Chelsea with terry physical presence dominates box and first Gallas and then Carvalho quick and excellent one v one.

    Then you have Keown/Toure and Sol Campbell. Sol was a monster and the other two much more mobile and exceptional one v one.

    at their peak Vidic and Ferdinand were immense. Vidic dominated air and box and Ferdinand legs have gone now but at his peak henry couldn't out sprint him.

    This is why I always said Skrtel and Agger couldn't work. Physically not enough strength to dominate big powerful strikers from crosses, set pieces or just physical battles in general. Not enough between them to deal with quick strikers and counter attacks. they were just too similar, not technically but physically.

    Most scoffed when I said they wouldn't last season under Rodgers but they didn't. Now Rodgers buys Sakho a young but physically imposing centre back. You can only imagine his power when he's 26-30 and how he could bully strikers.

    Then you have young Ilori. Apparently quicker than Ronaldo at Sporting and 6ft 3. Anybody else think Rodgers is following the pattern I set out?
    Good grief.

    Aren't you little bit disappointed he hasn't mentioned you personally, to date at least, in any of his press conferences.

    After all the credit is all yours.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,522
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Good grief.

    Aren't you little bit disappointed he hasn't mentioned you personally, to date at least, in any of his press conferences.

    After all the credit is all yours.
    I didn't set it out to Rodgers of course. I'm saying the theory I set here and have posted continuously for over 3 years. It seems like he thinks in similar fashion given he's signed possibly the strongest young centre back in world football and the quickest.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22,574
    Still early days but it looks as if huge credit should go to Rodgers and the committee, in Mignolet Sakho and Toure I think they might have brought in a whole new first choice central defence. If Ilori can take over from Toure within the next 2 years we could be covered there for a decade.

    That would normally be considered a massive gamble but I think he's pulled it off.

    First he changed our attack - good job! - this summer the defence - looking like another job well done - just the midfield left to work on.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,522
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Good grief.

    Aren't you little bit disappointed he hasn't mentioned you personally, to date at least, in any of his press conferences.

    After all the credit is all yours.
    it kills you when i'm onto something lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    24,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I didn't set it out to Rodgers of course. I'm saying the theory I set here and have posted continuously for over 3 years. It seems like he thinks in similar fashion given he's signed possibly the strongest young centre back in world football and the quickest.
    OK fair enough, Skrtel's playing well at the moment by the way don't you think.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,522
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    OK fair enough, Skrtel's playing well at the moment by the way don't you think.
    Absolutely. Much more comfortable in a three. Less space to cover. last season when Johnson went forward left huge space and Skrtel hates that. He's not comfortable one v one and his passing isn't slick. in three though he's got two centre backs either side to pass to and keeper, plus security of knowing if he attacks ball cover either side.

    I think he feels more comfortable this way.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,233
    Sakho was all tired carrying Altidore in his pocket from last week..Thats why he was taken off

    Toure and Sakho have really impressed me though..Sakho is such a power house..If he handles Lukaku against Everton..Who is strong and has a quick feet..then i feel that is one monkey of our back...Enough of the days where strikers just manage to bully us and score
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,927
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20,214
    Sakho can be quality on his day, he is getting better and better with us, its just a case of him finding his form, which he will do and more I suspect, having only been at one previous club.
    He was a cracking buy from BR.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,696
    In Mamadou Sakho we have signed a defender who will definitely be the best in the league in a year. Now i know people will say i am going over the top but no i am not. Having watched him so far he is a monster of a defender. He is big, tall, strong, good in the air, quick, can tackle. He is decent on the ball (but will get better). He needs to curb is aggression abit and maybe read the game better but for a 23yr old CB that will come. I think he will be better than all the CB's we have had in the 15yrs and i am not
    disrespecting these guys but players like Carragher, hyypia and Agger have always lacked something. While hyypia was a good reader of the game he was slow and not very strong. Carragher was slow and not dominant in the air as well, he could also be bullied sometimes. Agger was not the quickest or great in the air but this lad has everything.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •