Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Sakho

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    i think he is slowly starting to settle

he looked very shaky in his first few games...understandable

and even now he s not at full speed onthi possesion game we play at the back but he s startingto get more and more solid

i think there s a super cb inthere that just needs to time to settle and adapt...in 4-6 months time i think we ll start seeing the best of him
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Macfoley View Post
    On the subject for fighting for your place now in the team, judging by Hendo's performance in mifield, looks like Lucas might have to fight his place back.
    good just as it ought to be...if johnson was fit i d be tarting with gerrard and hendo the next day

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    good just as it ought to be...if johnson was fit i d be tarting with gerrard and hendo the next day
    You hussy, you.

Quote Originally Posted by KopEndPies View Post
    You hussy, you.
    god damned s key

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Gerrard was covering the near post, if your looking for blame look no further.
    Are you having a laugh, it was Enrique's man, who he completely lost! How on earth can you blame Gerrard for that. Seems to me that every man and his dog wants to have a dig at Gerrard at the moment! Some people need to get a grip!

I still don't know how we persuaded him to come to Anfield, immense centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by bulbin View Post
    Are you having a laugh, it was Enrique's man, who he completely lost! How on earth can you blame Gerrard for that. Seems to me that every man and his dog wants to have a dig at Gerrard at the moment! Some people need to get a grip!
    To be fair, it was SG. He just gotta keep goin man, and find his form

Quote Originally Posted by LilWillOblock View Post
    I still don't know how we persuaded him to come to Anfield, immense centre back.
    If we could sign 2 more players of his quality elsewhere on the pitch, we would be challenging for the title pretty soon.

Once Johnson and Coutinho are back and Kelly is match fit, I'd like to see us play like this:

Mignolet

Kelly - Toure - Sakho

Johnson - Gerrard - Henderson - Cissokho

Coutinho

Sturridge - Suarez

Kelly and Sakho should be the future at CB. Both 23, big lads, quick and one left and one right footed. With Toure in a back 3, Kelly should pick up what is needed in the position at PL level real quick. Skrtel and Agger will be sold in January or the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by irishdanny View Post
    Truth be known, Mignolet didn't look his best either on that one. Should've done better.

Quote Originally Posted by irishdanny View Post
    TBF it wasn't Gerrards man. He got a run on whoever was marking him and SG didn't have a chance.
    Cos I'm brown and knobbly.....

Enrique has no brain, therefore has no future at Anfield. Carragher already made it clear, what anyone with two eyes can see, he refuses to learn. He always loses his man, look at Hernandez goal in LC. Look at his dumb pass to Dwight Gayle that nearly cost us a goal. He starts games well for 20-30 mins, then is awful for the rest of it.

I pray to God Cissokho hits form straight away. Because Sakho/Toure can be heroic as they want, Enrique will always let us down.

Enrique has no brain, therefore has no future at Anfield. Carragher already made it clear, what anyone with two eyes can see, he refuses to learn. He always loses his man, look at Hernandez goal in LC. Look at his dumb pass to Dwight Gayle that nearly cost us a goal. He starts games well for 20-30 mins, then is awful for the rest of it.

I pray to God Cissokho hits form straight away. Because Sakho/Toure can be heroic as they want, Enrique will always let us down.
    If Sterling could play in a right wing back position, why couldn't he or Moses do it on the left when Johnson is back? And if we play with 4 defenders, why couldn't Agger play as a left back? I think people will be disappointed to realise that Cissokho is even worse than Enrique.

Quote Originally Posted by bulbin View Post
    Are we talking about the same match here?..................... and no I'm not having a laugh, look at the expression on his face after the goal he knows it was his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomsy13 View Post
    If Sterling could play in a right wing back position, why couldn't he or Moses do it on the left when Johnson is back? And if we play with 4 defenders, why couldn't Agger play as a left back? I think people will be disappointed to realise that Cissokho is even worse than Enrique.
    Sterling would get exposed worse than Enrique at set pieces.

changeaname is offline Academy prospect
    he was baptised by fire a bit due to the agger injury but he is growing into the league very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomsy13 View Post
    Must admit, I am not looking forward to watching him steam about like a headless chicken, I really dont rate Cissokho at all, he is fast and strong but not really a good footballer imo.
    I hope that Brendan get get more out of him that I have seen, and you never know.

Sterling would get exposed worse than Enrique at set pieces.
    Yep.

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by changeaname View Post
    he was baptised by fire a bit due to the agger injury but he is growing into the league very well.
    I posted about central defensive partnerships that have worked in Premier League since it started. They all follow similar pattern. One massively strong player to dominate aerially and one exceptionally quick player to cover. Arsenal had this with Adams and Keown. Adams massive physical presence, Keown quick and great one v one.

United had it with Bruce and Pallister. Bruce dominated box and Pallister exceptionally quick and good one v one.

You had it at Chelsea with terry physical presence dominates box and first Gallas and then Carvalho quick and excellent one v one.

Then you have Keown/Toure and Sol Campbell. Sol was a monster and the other two much more mobile and exceptional one v one.

at their peak Vidic and Ferdinand were immense. Vidic dominated air and box and Ferdinand legs have gone now but at his peak henry couldn't out sprint him.

This is why I always said Skrtel and Agger couldn't work. Physically not enough strength to dominate big powerful strikers from crosses, set pieces or just physical battles in general. Not enough between them to deal with quick strikers and counter attacks. they were just too similar, not technically but physically.

Most scoffed when I said they wouldn't last season under Rodgers but they didn't. Now Rodgers buys Sakho a young but physically imposing centre back. You can only imagine his power when he's 26-30 and how he could bully strikers.

Then you have young Ilori. Apparently quicker than Ronaldo at Sporting and 6ft 3. Anybody else think Rodgers is following the pattern I set out?

changeaname is offline Academy prospect
    maybe, good observation

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I posted about central defensive partnerships that have worked in Premier League since it started. They all follow similar pattern. One massively strong player to dominate aerially and one exceptionally quick player to cover. Arsenal had this with Adams and Keown. Adams massive physical presence, Keown quick and great one v one.

United had it with Bruce and Pallister. Bruce dominated box and Pallister exceptionally quick and good one v one.

You had it at Chelsea with terry physical presence dominates box and first Gallas and then Carvalho quick and excellent one v one.

Then you have Keown/Toure and Sol Campbell. Sol was a monster and the other two much more mobile and exceptional one v one.

at their peak Vidic and Ferdinand were immense. Vidic dominated air and box and Ferdinand legs have gone now but at his peak henry couldn't out sprint him.

This is why I always said Skrtel and Agger couldn't work. Physically not enough strength to dominate big powerful strikers from crosses, set pieces or just physical battles in general. Not enough between them to deal with quick strikers and counter attacks. they were just too similar, not technically but physically.

Most scoffed when I said they wouldn't last season under Rodgers but they didn't. Now Rodgers buys Sakho a young but physically imposing centre back. You can only imagine his power when he's 26-30 and how he could bully strikers.

Then you have young Ilori. Apparently quicker than Ronaldo at Sporting and 6ft 3. Anybody else think Rodgers is following the pattern I set out?
    Good grief.

Aren't you little bit disappointed he hasn't mentioned you personally, to date at least, in any of his press conferences.

After all the credit is all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Good grief.

Aren't you little bit disappointed he hasn't mentioned you personally, to date at least, in any of his press conferences.

I didn't set it out to Rodgers of course. I'm saying the theory I set here and have posted continuously for over 3 years. It seems like he thinks in similar fashion given he's signed possibly the strongest young centre back in world football and the quickest.

Still early days but it looks as if huge credit should go to Rodgers and the committee, in Mignolet Sakho and Toure I think they might have brought in a whole new first choice central defence. If Ilori can take over from Toure within the next 2 years we could be covered there for a decade.

That would normally be considered a massive gamble but I think he's pulled it off.

First he changed our attack - good job! - this summer the defence - looking like another job well done - just the midfield left to work on.

Good grief.

it kills you when i'm onto something lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I didn't set it out to Rodgers of course. I'm saying the theory I set here and have posted continuously for over 3 years. It seems like he thinks in similar fashion given he's signed possibly the strongest young centre back in world football and the quickest.
    OK fair enough, Skrtel's playing well at the moment by the way don't you think.

OK fair enough, Skrtel's playing well at the moment by the way don't you think.
    Absolutely. Much more comfortable in a three. Less space to cover. last season when Johnson went forward left huge space and Skrtel hates that. He's not comfortable one v one and his passing isn't slick. in three though he's got two centre backs either side to pass to and keeper, plus security of knowing if he attacks ball cover either side.

I think he feels more comfortable this way.

Sakho was all tired carrying Altidore in his pocket from last week..Thats why he was taken off

Toure and Sakho have really impressed me though..Sakho is such a power house..If he handles Lukaku against Everton..Who is strong and has a quick feet..then i feel that is one monkey of our back...Enough of the days where strikers just manage to bully us and score

Sakho can be quality on his day, he is getting better and better with us, its just a case of him finding his form, which he will do and more I suspect, having only been at one previous club.
    He was a cracking buy from BR.

In Mamadou Sakho we have signed a defender who will definitely be the best in the league in a year. Now i know people will say i am going over the top but no i am not. Having watched him so far he is a monster of a defender. He is big, tall, strong, good in the air, quick, can tackle. He is decent on the ball (but will get better). He needs to curb is aggression abit and maybe read the game better but for a 23yr old CB that will come. I think he will be better than all the CB's we have had in the 15yrs and i am not
    disrespecting these guys but players like Carragher, hyypia and Agger have always lacked something. While hyypia was a good reader of the game he was slow and not very strong. Carragher was slow and not dominant in the air as well, he could also be bullied sometimes. Agger was not the quickest or great in the air but this lad has everything.