Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1679

Thread: Sakho

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    It's hard not to be impressed by how Roma have been working the market in recent seasons. They've built a really strong team with a lot of loan to buy deals of good players from bigger/richer clubs.

This season they have Szczesny (again), Vermaelen, Fazio, Juan Jesus and Bruno Peres - I believe the last 2 will be made permanent this summer.

In earlier seasons they've added Salah, Rudiger and Dzeko on similar deals in among a raft of other loans that have not worked so well. The likes of Chelsea and City don't see Roma as a threat, they're relatively happy letting players go there and not hugely bothered about recouping fees.

It's not really how I'd like to see my club going about things, but they've done it well.
    Not a bad list of try before you buy players. It probably does help if you are taking players from clubs like city who have massive squads and can afford to write off a player more than we can.

So many players have gone back and forth on these deals (Crespo, Aquilani etc) that the club may be wary of repeating such a deal. Hopefully he has enough suitors willing to buy up front that any such potential loan deal will not merit consideration.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    So you think Roma will pay 30m for Sakho?

Cool beans.

Naive as ****, but cool beans.
    Cool beans

I don't think we'll do another loan deal for Sakho. We didn't give Palace the option to buy either.
    Last edited by agb1037; 20-4-17 at 15:19.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    I don't think we'll do another loan deal for Sakho. We didn't give Palace the option to buy either.
    I wouldn't rule out another loan, clubs may be put off if we decide his form means we should demand more than clubs are willing to pay in the summer (and extremely likely more than they weren't willing to pay in January..........)

What some tend to forget when pricing up our players we want rid of is that if he was sooooo good other clubs would be fighting each other to get him then we wouldn't be selling. As it is he's a CB and likely to be priced above his true market value so why would clubs go looking to pay more for a player a lot of our fans don't rate than he's worth instead of going out and buying someone of a similar standard for less?

I know it's "not that easy" but maybe not for us, I doubt the clubs that might be interested have invested their entire time, scouting etc in looking at Sakho as an only target........... It would be like suggesting we HAVE to buy Hart for 20m, we most certainly don't and looks like most certainly won't. I'm wondering how much of the optimism over the sale (definite and big money) that you get from on here is down to wanting more money towards signing VVD who is also at an over-inflated price and I question if we don't deserve all we get if limit our sights almost to the same extent we think clubs like palace will....... (over Sakho)
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I wouldn't rule out another loan, clubs may be put off if we decide his form means we should demand more than clubs are willing to pay in the summer (and extremely likely more than they weren't willing to pay in January..........)

What some tend to forget when pricing up our players we want rid of is that if he was sooooo good other clubs would be fighting each other to get him then we wouldn't be selling. As it is he's a CB and likely to be priced above his true market value so why would clubs go looking to pay more for a player a lot of our fans don't rate than he's worth instead of going out and buying someone of a similar standard for less?

I know it's "not that easy" but maybe not for us, I doubt the clubs that might be interested have invested their entire time, scouting etc in looking at Sakho as an only target........... It would be like suggesting we HAVE to buy Hart for 20m, we most certainly don't and looks like most certainly won't. I'm wondering how much of the optimism over the sale (definite and big money) that you get from on here is down to wanting more money towards signing VVD who is also at an over-inflated price and I question if we don't deserve all we get if limit our sights almost to the same extent we think clubs like palace will....... (over Sakho)
    The 30m stuff is nonsense.

However I do think someone will pay us 20m or so for him in the summer. He's well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by KMacDW View Post
    The 30m stuff is nonsense.

However I do think someone will pay us 20m or so for him in the summer. He's well worth it.
    I think he's done his time, and he'll be back.

But yes, if he's sold, we'll get 15 to 20

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post

I don't think he will ever play for us again. I wish I was wrong but Klopp has a history of falling out with a player and being ruthless.

Southampton might take him and we get Djik, plus a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post

6 months hard labour at Fat Sam's Correctional Facility.

I don't think he will ever play for us again. I wish I was wrong but Klopp has a history of falling out with a player and being ruthless.
    Pity that egos sometimes ruin it for everyone. Sakho gave me many near heart attacks when he played for us but he was uniquely good or bad but always gave his all and he did better than anyone we have had recently in LB position.
    I also feel for him after it appears WADA messed up and UEFA were to quick to ban rather than verifying...now the player has missed a European League final for club and European Championship for country and all he will get is .......you got it nothing. RED CARD for UEFA & WADA.

Quote Originally Posted by DAKOP View Post
    Pity that egos sometimes ruin it for everyone. Sakho gave me many near heart attacks when he played for us but he was uniquely good or bad but always gave his all and he did better than anyone we have had recently in LB position.
    I also feel for him after it appears WADA messed up and UEFA were to quick to ban rather than verifying...now the player has missed a European League final for club and European Championship for country and all he will get is .......you got it nothing. RED CARD for UEFA & WADA.
    It looks like we're seeking compensation on the matter as he missed 8 games for us and the Euros for France. That said, Kolo Toure was arguably our best player in the Europa League final (and Sakho would've played instead of him) so it wouldn't have made much difference. Shame that all of this happened though when he'd just scored 2 in 2 and was in good form.

Quote Originally Posted by DAKOP View Post
    The original fault is entirely Sakho's. he's the one that took supplements without getting approval from the club medical staff ahead of time. Whether it turns out that said supplements are illegal or barely legal at the end of the day doesn't really matter, he shouldn't have taken it in the first place without the ok from the people who know for a fact what's legal. If he only took approved supplements WADA/UEFA never get the chance to be involved.

Looks that way. SKY (we have everything except the matches) are saying this evening that there will be no way back for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    The original fault is entirely Sakho's. he's the one that took supplements without getting approval from the club medical staff ahead of time. Whether it turns out that said supplements are illegal or barely legal at the end of thlongee day doesn't really matter, he shouldn't have taken it in the first place without the ok from the people who know for a fact what's legal. If he only took approved supplements WADA/UEFA never get the chance to be involved.
    So why are UEFA now blaming WADA, most likely Sakho has been taking that supplement for awhile and been tested and never had an issue. UEFA basically said if it had of been sent to Lausanne instead of Cologne there would have been no problem. So what happened if the club medical staff got the same advice then who would be in the wrong. At the end of the day its all hearsay and its Sakho who has suffered the most missing our Europa League Final and the Euros , itll be interesting to see how the compensation case goes, obviously Liverpool wont pursue one as its totally Sakhos fault as you say

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    oh good grief, we're not heading back to the itemised account of why Sakho is a bad bad boy and has only himself to blame for being pushed out the door now are we.....?!?

Yes he did some stupid things, I suspect he hasn't topped the efforts of most on these boards on that score and I'd suggest quite a few on here have probably broken the odd law or two that would include some substances of a less than legit nature. He deserved disciplinary procedures, but he has the defence of stupidity and not stopping to weigh up the pros and cons of his actions and what he should do like EVERYONE on here doesn't in a lot of their actions.

Is he good enough to come through all this? I'd say he is worth giving a go, not like our defence is rock solid and he is up there with those who might like to be considered second best to Matip, could even establish himself as outright contender to Matip.

If we could get decent money for him then the club most likely will shove him out the door, loans out often signal the player is on his way out, but for what kind of money we may well get, be it a conservative estimate of say 10m-12m (or less), or more optimistic heights of 18m-25m (or more), will we be able to walk out and buy someone definitely better than him? They may prove better than him, but are those in the bracket above going for that...........?

So it could be seen as an exercise in taking what we can get and hoping to improve on the player, 20m say for a CB that we aren't looking to keep can be used towards another CB, but I think we need to be more shrewd in the market and having a back up CB even to say VVD (and Matip) better than what we have is almost as important as finding a CB to partner Matip.

And if we were to have a bit of a clear out we might leave ourselves somewhat short.
    People will believe what they want to believe

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    oh good grief, we're not heading back to the itemised account of why Sakho is a bad bad boy and has only himself to blame for being pushed out the door now are we.....?!?

Yes he did some stupid things, I suspect he hasn't topped the efforts of most on these boards on that score and I'd suggest quite a few on here have probably broken the odd law or two that would include some substances of a less than legit nature. He deserved disciplinary procedures, but he has the defence of stupidity and not stopping to weigh up the pros and cons of his actions and what he should do like EVERYONE on here doesn't in a lot of their actions.

Is he good enough to come through all this? I'd say he is worth giving a go, not like our defence is rock solid and he is up there with those who might like to be considered second best to Matip, could even establish himself as outright contender to Matip.

If we could get decent money for him then the club most likely will shove him out the door, loans out often signal the player is on his way out, but for what kind of money we may well get, be it a conservative estimate of say 10m-12m (or less), or more optimistic heights of 18m-25m (or more), will we be able to walk out and buy someone definitely better than him? They may prove better than him, but are those in the bracket above going for that...........?

So it could be seen as an exercise in taking what we can get and hoping to improve on the player, 20m say for a CB that we aren't looking to keep can be used towards another CB, but I think we need to be more shrewd in the market and having a back up CB even to say VVD (and Matip) better than what we have is almost as important as finding a CB to partner Matip.

And if we were to have a bit of a clear out we might leave ourselves somewhat short.
    Comparing footballers to the every day average Joe is always the worst argument.

If we can get the quoted 30m or anywhere near it, it's unbelievable business. It's funny how players improve so much when they're not actually here. I like Sakho and all, but he was inconsistent and looked like dropping a clanger every time he played. If we can sign a top CB to partner Matip and have Lovren in reserve, I'll be happy with that. We need a new CB badly, people seem to forget how badly Sakho struggled in our exposed defence at times, too.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Comparing footballers to the every day average Joe is always the worst argument.

If we can get the quoted 30m or anywhere near it, it's unbelievable business. It's funny how players improve so much when they're not actually here. I like Sakho and all, but he was inconsistent and looked like dropping a clanger every time he played. If we can sign a top CB to partner Matip and have Lovren in reserve, I'll be happy with that. We need a new CB badly, people seem to forget how badly Sakho struggled in our exposed defence at times, too.
    I think anyone would struggle in our exposed defense , Matip hasnt looked great at times and Lovren just isnt top quality. But your right, we need an upgrade on Sakho , i think the Palace loan has worked well for all parties involved , his value has gone up , he's doing a great job for Palace and for Sackho himself he,ll have no shortage of suitors now he's proved himself again so its a win win for everyone

This.

Quote Originally Posted by An_buachaill_dearg View Post
    I think anyone would struggle in our exposed defense , Matip hasnt looked great at times and Lovren just isnt top quality. But your right, we need an upgrade on Sakho , i think the Palace loan has worked well for all parties involved , his value has gone up , he's doing a great job for Palace and for Sackho himself he,ll have no shortage of suitors now he's proved himself again so its a win win for everyone
    Probably, but we need a CB will cope with it better. We need someone with pace who doesn't look like a deer caught in the headlines when they actually have to defend. It's just funny how Sakho is now a top CB again.

liverpool19734 is offline Academy prospect
    Probably, but we need a CB will cope with it better. We need someone with pace who doesn't look like a deer caught in the headlines when they actually have to defend. It's just funny how Sakho is now a top CB again.
    It is much more difficult defending in a high line than defending deep. Sakho is similar to Skrtel in that way, both can make great tackles and defend valiantly when they are deep. However the higher up the pitch you get, there is far more emphasis on athletic ability and anticipation. Sakho is solid, so is Lovren but we need someone top class to partner Matip.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    It is much more difficult defending in a high line than defending deep. Sakho is similar to Skrtel in that way, both can make great tackles and defend valiantly when they are deep. However the higher up the pitch you get, there is far more emphasis on athletic ability and anticipation. Sakho is solid, so is Lovren but we need someone top class to partner Matip.
    I don't recall Sakho looking at a loss defending in a high line. I don't think we particularly hold a high line.

It's not like we play like an AVB team.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    I don't recall Sakho looking at a loss defending in a high line. I don't think we particularly hold a high line.

It's not like we play like an AVB team.
    Really? We dominate possession and territory in most games - our defence consequently pushes up and spends most of the game nearer the halfway line than their own goal, or even penalty area.

We're rarely pegged back and rarely play on the counter.

I'd say we try to defend pretty high, usually leaving considerable space behind our defence.

Really? We dominate possession and territory in most games - our defence consequently pushes up and spends most of the game nearer the halfway line than their own goal, or even penalty area.

I'd say we try to defend pretty high, usually leaving considerable space behind our defence.
    And I'd add that Klopp's preferred reaction to losing possession is generally to push up to regain it rather than immediately fall into defensive positions.

We definitely play with a high line, especially in the games we have most of the ball. It usually ends up with our 2 CBs standing close to the halfway line with the rest of the team attacking.

So we are again considering legal action over the Sakho ban
    http://www.squawka.com/news/liverpoo...ugs-ban/937471

We aren't defending at that point.

Sakho on the Palace bench and that handshake with Benteke. Insight into Sakho's lack of respect for Liverpool FC right there.

That handshake in slow motion might be the most cringe thing I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Sakho on the Palace bench and that handshake with Benteke. Insight into Sakho's lack of respect for Liverpool FC right there.
    That aught to be definitely the last straw.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    rather he had played,
    this would have been the perfect type of game for him to self destruct,