Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mohamed Salah

1. #1 Default Mohamed Salah 
    Done deal?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Nothing is a done deal until we have it on paper. And why should it be a done deal? Just because a supposedly friend says he's signing? All is speculations, nothing is a done deal until the paper is signet.

I've seen the paper and the signet.

99% of probabilities that Salah signing for us in January, according to a friend! I really hope it's true but you can never know.... let's keep spurs away from our business!!

stavi90 is offline Armchair supporter
    As a Liverpool fan for 35 years, I'll be very disappointed if the liverpool club will sign Player involving his political views, and presented unsportsmanlike behavior at the club right where he plays.
    There is no room for players at the club of its kind based on a love to the game and equality between people regardless of religion, race or sex.

What views and unsportsmanship like behavior? please elaborate.

Is he of Liverpool's level ?

According to skybet he is 1/4 to sign for us in January.

Not sure what to make of those articles - part of me accepts that he's a professional athlete and should put politics to the side and get on with the game, but the other part understands the anger which he - and many others - probably hold towards Israel. And I'll leave it that before this kickstarts a political debate.

Quote Originally Posted by DARELFC View Post
    Not sure what to make of those articles - part of me accepts that he's a professional athlete and should put politics to the side and get on with the game, but the other part understands the anger which he - and many others - probably hold towards Israel. And I'll leave it that before this kickstarts a political debate.
    That may be too late.

No9 luis suarez is offline Armchair supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deba2040 View Post
    Is he of Liverpool's level ?
    I dont really know this player, I think to many people get carried away once a player is linked with us , They read a few articles and see a high price tag and fall in love with the idea there the next big star because of it.

In the last few weeks weve been linked with about 20 attackers all of who are supposidly the next messi, All i can say is keep away from any player being touted as the new xy or z by there club and sign players on there own merrits.

If he is good enough and interested in a possible move to us then im sure we will be looking hard at him , but were going to be looking at hundreds of players at any given time for all possible positions.

I love reading all the speculation as much as the next person, its obviously very exciting reading about players with big reputations being linked to us , But i take it all with a pinch of salt untill theres some real concrete interest from the club. From what i have read about salah though he seems like he could have alot of potential, hopefully people with more knollage of him could tell us more , By more knollage i mean 1st hand experience of watching him over a period of time , not just that theve read more newspaper articles than us

As for the reports linked above , who knows what the truth is , but lets just say young people make some decisions that arnt always the most intellegent at the time, They deserve the chance to move past these things and not just automatically condemed. Sport has a great way of bringing many things to the forefront and imo it can help to start some healing process.
    Last edited by No9 luis suarez; 20-12-13 at 18:57.

Listen if BR thinks he's the right player and and his transfer Fee is right for our club,I don't give a rats arse if he never plays against Jewish based clubs,as long as he doesn't care about playing any EPL clubs then it dont bother me,it's his views not ours as long as he doesn't not force them upon me or our LFC family couldn't give a monkeys

Shankly once said that football was more important than life or death, in reality it is not

Salah is quoted in one of the press articles above firmly denying that he had refused to play the Israeli's, and whether he decided against shaking hands or genuinely chose to change his boots at that moment is one to question, but the newspaper journalist has reached a conclusion without asking that question

It is easy for people in Europe and the USA to make judgements on the Middle East without understanding the hurt felt on both sides. The only thing Salah's actions demonstrate is that he is a thoughtful young man he realised that by playing against a team from Israel, or playing in Israel would be an action with huge significance for both the Arad and Jewish communities in the Middle East. He has tried to avoid any controversy to either group but some people still wish to create a drama which is where controversy usually escalates into conflict

zinsncabs is offline Armchair supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFFYFROG View Post
    Shankly once said that football was more important than life or death, in reality it is not

Salah is quoted in one of the press articles above firmly denying that he had refused to play the Israeli's, and whether he decided against shaking hands or genuinely chose to change his boots at that moment is one to question, but the newspaper journalist has reached a conclusion without asking that question

It is easy for people in Europe and the USA to make judgements on the Middle East without understanding the hurt felt on both sides. The only thing Salah's actions demonstrate is that he is a thoughtful young man he realised that by playing against a team from Israel, or playing in Israel would be an action with huge significance for both the Arad and Jewish communities in the Middle East. He has tried to avoid any controversy to either group but some people still wish to create a drama which is where controversy usually escalates into conflict
    Perhaps. Maybe it was coincidental, but I tend to doubt it. I'll accept the fact that Middle East politics are complicated and athletes are under enormous pressure as a result, but he should have shaken hands. His Israeli opponents deal with the same pressures on a daily basis, yet managed to. Some will laud Salah for staying true to his political convictions, I just see it as poor sportsmanship.

Anyway, I like him as a player and believe he would add pace to our attack while giving us width. He's certainly preferable to Moses. How it affects Sterling and Ibe remains to be seen. Whether wing is our most dire depth issue at the moment is subject to debate.

redcitizen is offline Armchair supporter

Yes!

In the bag, im sure of this.

I am African and on Egypt radio,its the news!

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Wow! if we get him that's great news!

redcitizen is offline Armchair supporter
    This what i like aba BR's business........smooth criminal

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Hello - are you new?

Just read this on the InaGist website - it explains where they get their info

In-A-Gist algorithmically curates tweets based on popularity in real-time. We collate tweets on the same topic and this page is built from such curated tweets. We keep refreshing this page as and when we find popular tweets on topics mentioned in the tweet. They are presented in the "Related Tweets" section.
    Hmmm

I could be reading it wrongly, but it seems to be just an amalgamation of the most popular tweets?

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Just read this on the InaGist website - it explains where they get their info

Hmmm

I could be reading it wrongly, but it seems to be just an amalgamation of the most popular tweets?
    The original tweet came from this guy: https://twitter.com/SamuelRhodes_/st...35814215585792
    Claims to write for Guardian, but can't seem to find any articles from him.
    And the picture he used is a stock photo from here: http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-imag...n-image3304104

Quote Originally Posted by TedMosby View Post
    The original tweet came from this guy: https://twitter.com/SamuelRhodes_/st...35814215585792
    Claims to write for Guardian, but can't seem to find any articles from him.
    And the picture he used is a stock photo from here: http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-imag...n-image3304104
    Confirmed as a fake account. Don't get excited.

Mirror are reporting we're closing in on a 7 million agreement, would be brilliant if true. Also states we're interested in Rakitic but no other details apart from that.

Macca_29 is offline Armchair supporter
    Breaking news: BR is interested in buying Jordan hendersons pet gold fish for 18 mil because he is going to be good in 14 years time. Hello Brendan buy some stars who will do the job now! Sell aspas, Allen, hendo, that young midfielder who we bought in the summer who I don't know his name coz he's crap and buy superstars. What the hell is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Macca_29 View Post
    Breaking news: BR is interested in buying Jordan hendersons pet gold fish for 18 mil because he is going to be good in 14 years time. Hello Brendan buy some stars who will do the job now! Sell aspas, Allen, hendo, that young midfielder who we bought in the summer who I don't know his name coz he's crap and buy superstars. What the hell is wrong with you?
    Is this a joke post or are you just a total idiot?

Particularly stupid post after the previous post linked us to Salah, one of the best and most sort after young attacking players in European football who has already proved himself in the Champions League and at international level, and Ivan Rakitic who is one of he very best central midfielders in Europe

Everyone's been crazy about this lad, hyping him up all the time

is he actually any good?

Hmmmmm I will believe it when I see him standing on the centre circle ,having the usual photos taken.

I did read a few days back that he would be singed on the 2nd and this was posted on the 2nd so im starting to be leave.