Notices
Closed Thread
Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 6195

Thread: A little bird.......

Quote Originally Posted by tegs View Post
    i have a strong feeling this is true. wether its bad or good news is another issue altogether. we still have hicks as part owner and that is a problem.

Difficult one to call tegs, part of me says he could be gone, another says he is here for good. Its like the chairman of any football team coming out and saying that the manager has his backing 100%, then three days later the manager is sacked.

Could this be Hicks putting up a tough front ? Or could it be so that we are indeed stuck with the troublesome texan for some time to come......
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltster View Post
    Here's the link?

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/?p=4706

As you say doubt if it will come to anything but will be interesting to hear the Bird's views
    At last........we are back on track,

Don`t know this link so we could be chasing the same rumours in ever decreasing circles before disappearing up our own vortex like,

We will possibly be getting more tales like this as the investment rumour appears to be gathering momentum, especially around Town,

This one states that Gillet will offload half his share....which would leave the Prince only having 25% over all.....not an ideal situation... especially wth an oaf like Hicks holding the majority

No doubt Elrojo will join in later and give his take on it,

elrojo2005 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankfield View Post
    At last........we are back on track,

Don`t know this link so we could be chasing the same rumours in ever decreasing circles before disappearing up our own vortex like,

We will possibly be getting more tales like this as the investment rumour appears to be gathering momentum, especially around Town,

This one states that Gillet will offload half his share....which would leave the Prince only having 25% over all.....not an ideal situation... especially wth an oaf like Hicks holding the majority

No doubt Elrojo will join in later and give his take on it,
    Ok YF! A few of you asking this one but I can only give my opinion, as I phoned the bird just before seeing this and he had to get rid of me because he is in a meeting. I may call him later.

My opinion is that this could be viewed very openly. By that I mean that a deal of this magnitude will involve several meetings and once the leaks start that there is a strong feeling that agreement could be reached, then people start jumping the gun. I feel that this is along the lines of whatīs going to happen but I also feel hat the 25% is unlikely, as it would be my opinion that Gillett wants out altogether. I would have thought that would be most peoples opinion by now. However, I feel that the said parties will do a deal and that itīs some way down the road because Hicks has at last accepted that he doesnīt have much choice, and he is not in a position to scuttle this one.

In expectance of bird comparisons, I will say this. I still believe what the bird said about Gillett going altogether, as he said in July. I also believe that re-financing never happened and that there was some truth in the rumoured October deadline from RBS, Hence the climbdown by Hicks. Could never see him doing that without having his hand forced. You surely donīt believe his "Interests of the club at heart" do you?

My hope right now is that this is inaccurate and that Gillett is going completely and that the 25% being rumoured is from Hicks. But that is just a hope regarding this release.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast is offline LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by elrojo2005 View Post
    My opinion is that this could be viewed very openly. By that I mean that a deal of this magnitude will involve several meetings and once the leaks start that there is a strong feeling that agreement could be reached, then people start jumping the gun. I feel that this is along the lines of whatīs going to happen but I also feel hat the 25% is unlikely, as it would be my opinion that Gillett wants out altogether. I would have thought that would be most peoples opinion by now. However, I feel that the said parties will do a deal and that itīs some way down the road because Hicks has at last accepted that he doesnīt have much choice, and he is not in a position to scuttle this one.

Holy ******* **** man - I've never read such a long paragraph that actually says nothing.

You're crazy.

Ok YF! A few of you asking this one but I can only give my opinion, as I phoned the bird just before seeing this and he had to get rid of me because he is in a meeting. I may call him later.

In expectance of bird comparisons, I will say this. I still believe what the bird said about Gillett going altogether, as he said in July. I also believe that re-financing never happened and that there was some truth in the rumoured October deadline from RBS, Hence the climbdown by Hicks. Could never see him doing that without having his hand forced. You surely donīt believe his "Interests of the club at heart" do you?

My hope right now is that this is inaccurate and that Gillett is going completely and that the 25% being rumoured is from Hicks. But that is just a hope regarding this release.
    Ok let's put this one to bed.

the refinancing DID take place.

It has been confirmed by Hicks and Gillett themselves.

It has been confirmed by the LIverpool Echo, and I don't just mean the reports that came out at first saying "sources close to Hicks" etc. They have since confirmed it themselves.

There has been accounts leaked from Bloomberg amongst others showing the refinancing.

So can we stop with that one now please.

Quote Originally Posted by -Higgy- View Post

Holy ******* **** man - I've never read such a long paragraph that actually says nothing.

You're crazy.
    OTT response to a plainly stated opinion.

I was asked a question and I gave the answer all I could without spicing it up. Says nothing? Then do the forum thing and say something of this suggested development.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Closing the thread for now, pending a decision by mods on its future

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Closing the thread for now, pending a decision by mods on its future
    Are you going to give a valid reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post

Are you going to give a valid reason why?
    I would have thought it was obvious, but the point scoring and bickering has overtaken the discussion about the takeover. We'll let you know asap, thanks

I see you have closed the Little bird thread. I canīt say Iīm surprised as I think that there has been an agenda by some to make it unacceptable enough to close for whatever reason they may have. Can you please inform me of the actual reason, either on here or by e-mail. P.S. If you answer on this thread then please close this after I have acknowledged by posting. If you answer bt e-mail then close this as soon as you like.

I see you have closed the Little bird thread. I canīt say Iīm surprised as I think that there has been an agenda by some to make it unacceptable enough to close for whatever reason they may have. Can you please inform me of the actual reason, either on here or by e-mail. P.S. If you answer on this thread then please close this after I have acknowledged by posting. If you answer bt e-mail then close this as soon as you like.
    Hi Elrojo, can't do email as we don't have posters' details. We are going to decide whether to spend the time removing all of the point scoring and insults and re-open, or whether the people concerned are incapable of putting their personal bickering aside and stick to the actual issue. Disagreement on the issue is fine, no complaints about that, but there is baiting on both sides. A good opportunity for all to think about how they would contribute to the thread if it was re-opened, no?

Just awaiting some views from more mods, may be later this evening. Hope it wont be too long.

ok. I just read the post I missed before. Got the reason now so feel free to sink this one.

EDIT: Thread to stay closed.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    ^^

Good grief was this five years ago

I thought it was about 2 or 3

Where is my life going?

cookygarcia is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post